Discussion - Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread | Page 716 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

• Team Spriggan 12

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

Votes: 41 50.0%

• Total voters

sharkai

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
you think you do but you don't you even said that erza tenru>gildarts tenru which mean that she is >bluenote too in tenru not just laxus you are putting her above bluenote and gild which they >>> erza, you are biased to erza just like laxus fans are biased to laxus there is no different.

see this what is this kind of power scaling not fresh laxus>holding back erza??? in general if laxus didn't fought kyria the fight with erza wouldn't be a double KO it's going to be high-diff for laxus.
we dont know, what would happen if laxus didnt fight kiria and erza didnt hold back. this would be just your opinion against mine. so my power scaling is cannon.

i was making a point.
saying tenrou erza > tenrou gildarts is good example of wanking
my point was just that, gildarts cant even move, erza has been fighting for longer and is most likely more injured. and this erza laxus fans love to use to compare fresh laxus to
i oblviously dont believe tenrou erza is above gildarts

did this rile you up?

ald7mi_99

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
we dont know, what would happen if laxus didnt fight kiria and erza didnt hold back. this would be just your opinion against mine. so my power scaling is cannon.

i was making a point.
saying tenrou erza > tenrou gildarts is good example of wanking
my point was just that, gildarts cant even move, erza has been fighting for longer and is most likely more injured. and this erza laxus fans love to use to compare fresh laxus to
i oblviously dont believe tenrou erza is above gildarts

did this rile you up?
he casted a secret art that was enough to put jura down at that time, so what will happen that laxus would have enough magical power to cast another spells and wouldn't faint too, and erza wasn't holding back at 2nd part of the fight she became serious and couldn't put down a not fresh laxus.

ohh ok, but i will just say that azuma absorbing gildarts magic affected him and he also was fighting bluenote who is>>>anyone in tenru except hades and maybe makarov.

i wouldn't say that i was riled i just wanted to respond

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
he casted a secret art that was enough to put jura down at that time, so what will happen that laxus would have enough magical power to cast another spells and wouldn't faint too, and erza wasn't holding back at 2nd part of the fight she became serious and couldn't put down a not fresh laxus.

ohh ok, but i will just say that azuma absorbing gildarts magic affected him and he also was fighting bluenote who is>>>anyone in tenru except hades and maybe makarov.

i wouldn't say that i was riled i just wanted to respond
yeah i know bluenote was far above others

it really depends. erza was holding back, and laxus wasnt fresh. both were factors. which one was bigger who knows.

personally i think laxus will now be used as hype tool, most likely for erza. mishma normally never let secondary character outshine main, atleast not for too long

ald7mi_99

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
yeah i know bluenote was far above others

it really depends. erza was holding back, and laxus wasnt fresh. both were factors. which one was bigger who knows.

personally i think laxus will now be used as hype tool, most likely for erza. mishma normally never let secondary character outshine main, atleast not for too long
but erza wasn't holding back at 2nd part of the fight.

yeah me too at the end of this sequel i think all the main character are going to be stronger than the secondary character except maybe lucy and wendy.

sharkai

Reaction score
Country
United States
but erza wasn't holding back at 2nd part of the fight.

yeah me too at the end of this sequel i think all the main character are going to be stronger than the secondary character except maybe lucy and wendy.
but laxus got hits on her when she was holding back. that is when laxus was dominating her. you think that part didnt play any role in erza defeat?

ald7mi_99

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
but laxus got hits on her when she was holding back. that is when laxus was dominating her. you think that part didnt play any role in erza defeat?
no it didn't erza is a tank she took all the hits before and after and actully both are tank and they fainted becuase they spend all of their magical power not because of their attacks so i think it didn't play any role

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
erza wasn't holding back at 2nd part of the fight she became serious and couldn't put down a not fresh laxus.
Ok Laxus wasn't fresh anymore but Erza wasn't also the same. While holding back, she took massive injuries and used high amount of MP invoking "High Enchant" to give a blow without going all strength (Laxus was aware of that after collapsing for 2seconds. If not, why asking Erza to stop holding back ? He is aware that she is not fighting to kill a friend with a fatal blow).

Both used vast amount of MP during first exchange and Erza took more injuries due to her hold back, while Laxus was 100% strength.

You think she was going all out in the 2nd part, but Laxus continued using his Red Lightning full power and Erza stopped using Enchanted Swords to a mismatch (Raiko vs Blumenblatt). So, in another way, to stop using buff is not still holding back max strength ? If she was not afraid to kill him with all her might + Buff, why stopping enchants when she was ready to go all out ?

Laxus used MP before with Kyria. 1 Handicap.
Erza used MP for enchants but held back the impact (damage << MP invoke : it is the same way as Laxus using vast MP to invoke Fairy Law with no effect). 1 Handicap. Then, stopped using Buff to withdraw Laxus's buff. 1 Handicap again.

For me, Laxus barely win a holding back Erza : 1 handicap to 2.

As I see the fight, Laxus (red lightning) >=< Erza (no enchants) :
- Could Laxus stay conscious against a 100% fatal enchanted attack (Fire & Ice) ? Perhaps...
- With no MP drain for enchanted buff, shouldn't Erza had more MP than Laxus ? They were even in strength and stopped at the same time low magic.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wait so y’all thought laxus was trying to kill erza?

again @sharkai u keep contradicting urself u beleive that Laxus>erza now ur saying opposite u keep flip flopping

Last edited:

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
so guys where do you rates aldoron the seed and his other seeds at from what has been shown?
Wolven would be a high spriggan tier.

GS is above any spriggan

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
the fight ened in a double ko but laxus still superior cuase he fought kyria who gave erza a tough battle and beated her.

this debate start to get boring so let's just change it, so guys where do you rates aldoron the seed and his other seeds at from what has been shown?
I would argue at least Spriggan tier. Most were low though.

ald7mi_99

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Wolven would be a high spriggan tier.

GS is above any spriggan
agreed in GS aldoron, wolven imo above any spriggan too since he could copy zeref, gears and metro are low spriggan tier doom he was just hax he isn't even above wendy.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I would argue at least Spriggan tier. Most were low though.
GS aldoron and wolven are above any spriggan doom is a fodder the other two are low spriggan tier.

Last edited:

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
where would you place gears? imo he’s low spriggan
He was besting Jellal and gave him a tough fight. He's like GS level.

agreed in GS, wolven imo above any spriggan too since he could copy zeref, gears and metro are low spriggan tier doom he was just hax he isn't even above wendy.

GS and wolven are above any spriggan doom is a fodder the other two are low spriggan tier.
I don't know if he retains those he copies. If that's the case then yea he's above, if not, he'd be there with August and Irene.

ald7mi_99

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
He was besting Jellal and gave him a tough fight. He's like GS level.

I don't know if he retains those he copies. If that's the case then yea he's above, if not, he'd be there with August and Irene.
i think it's not about that he retains those copies it's about the he had enough power to copy zeref and his god curse.

and i meant aldoron that is above spriggans gears and metro are low-md spriggan tier doom just have hax he is a fodder.

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Brandish is chilling when confronted with Aldoron. Remember when Enchanted Neinhart's MP was enough to make her sweat ?

Clearly, Irene > Aldoron
And that's on periodt

:cookiehand

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
Brandish is chilling when confronted with Aldoron. Remember when Enchanted Neinhart's MP was enough to make her sweat ?

Clearly, Irene > Aldoron
And that's on periodt

:cookiehand
This is the funniest post ever 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
i am not arguing with you here man

but hades example isnt fair. technically i think laxus would have given hades a solid mid diff fight. beside laxus couldnt dodge 25 formula, markarov could block it. and markrov couldnt follow kagura and erza strike. so no huge gap even here

yep, pre skip jura, someone who was around pre skip erza

two shotting gajeel above jupiter cannon tier slash, i dont know man

bluenote didnt use magic against gildarts. i wonder who was bandaged more at the end erza or gildarts? of course we shouldnt even be having this conversation since gildarts is so far above erza. but because of plot one can make an argument (and good guys dont die, with or without magic)

no, thats plot. natsu doesnt have more durability. this is plot. this argument will eventually lead to tenrou erza stamina being above gildarts, and lucy durability being above many of natsu opponents

yes, laxus was portrayed as a monster. wasnt erza also portrayed as a monster. look mishma had clear chance to show laxus superiority above erza in ff arc. he didnt. instead we got s class test where all s class mages were to handle two non s class mages, and were told to hold back. something laxus did in ff arc. marakrov seems to think even mira would have been able handle natsu and non s class candidate.

he wasnt portrayed as a monster in tenrou arc. he lasted five seconds against hades. laxus power wasnt even shown here. only awesome thing he did was tank 25 formula, which we and erza later found out he didnt.
Then in the next arc he was likened to Gildarts by Gray as the two members of the guild so powerful that they didn't need to train to keep up with current powerlevels.
this is interesting, because erza was the mage who was actually shown to compete in this tournament without training or power up. gray would later say erza already had SO.
and minerva didnt even remember laxus when telling her team mates not to fight jura and kagura

how do you know erza wouldnt have beaten temspster like that. this is a good example of less panel but must show laxus as powerful.

He then went on to be hyped to be able to oneshot Ajeel, and then killed Wahl while dying of magic cancer, which as you said, made him look ridiculously OP
i think ajeel hype was so that we could see laxus was above likes of gajeel.
dying of cancer and beating wahl is bs. it is equivalent of erza beating koyoka without senses.

laxus portrayal can be said to be slightly above erza. not far above. but certainly ignoring erza portrayal above natsu for laxus portrayal is literally mental gymnastic.

erza vs irene and laxus vs wahl showed some people laxus>=erza
but erza vs kagura and minirva didnt show erza anywhere near laxus
(rufus was told not to fight kagura, and kagura lost to tenrou level erza. SO erza vs rufus would have been a worst stomp than even red lightening laxus vs wahl)

people see what they want to see at the end. that is why alverzec erza wasnt said to be tiers above laxus. yet gmg laxus was said to be tier above erza
Dodging is harder than blocking, at least when it comes to AoE, so I don't see what's unfair about it. Besides, like I said before, sometimes you get hit, sometimes you don't, you don't have to evade every single attack to be fast. Erza gets hit all the time, probably more than any character other than Natsu, she's still among the faster characters in the series. So no, Laxus getting hit doesn't detract from the fact that he's fast enough to blitz Hades, which puts his speed significantly above Makarovs.

Sure, preskip Jura durability sounds reasonable, I'd even say hers is higher.

It's not actually Jupiter cannon tier, Jupiter oneshot Erza through Adamantine, Kagura's slash only broke it.

Sure, but much less of a monster than Laxus, to the point where she frequently compares herself to Natsu and where people would actually bet money on Natsu winning a fight between them. She was consistently portrayed as the best of team Natsu, but not much more than that.

Sure he was, his whole entrance portrayed Laxus as the savior they needed. He reminded Hades of Prime Makarov. He briefly overwhelmed Hades in a hype moment and it was his incredible magic power that boosted Natsu to insane levels. With Natsu saying that Laxus could have actually done better with it. Laxus whole role in the Hades fight was him being portrayed as a beast.

Except at the end of the day Erza did need her SO. Minerva didn't remember Erza either, a fatal oversight on her part.

I dont, but it doesn't matter. Like you said, it was a good way to show Laxus powerful with low panel time.

What has Ajeel got to do with Gajeel other than their names rhyming lol? Gajeel hadnt even done anything at that point.
The fact that Mashima had to double nerf Laxus to make him a match for a spriggan just shows the portrayal i was talking about. As for it being BS, I suppose that depends on how debilitating you think magic cancer is. Would Ali lose to someone a couple tiers under his weight class if he was dying of cancer? I don't know.

Sure, because back then Jura was hyped as strong enough to take Erza and Mira at the same time. Laxus beating him is almost a direct statement that he is stronger than Erza. Even if you dismiss the statement as hyperbole, you can still stack that with his performance against Hades and his likening to Gildarts. Stock in Laxus' strength was through the roof at that point, especially with Mashima saying he's too OP to be convincingly be put into fights around the same time all this happened.
As for Eileen, plenty of people thought Erza was above Laxus after that, but for those who didn't it's because: 1. People still took the Ajeel fight into consideration. 2. Erza didn't solo and she didn't win. 3. Mashima being forced to nerf Laxus twice over is still ridiculous, as you yourself have stated.