Games Mafia Game 83 - Isekai Quartet - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Alright, I will try to give you guys the role list, the night actions happening as well as my own summary of what I think of my first host game so far.

Player List

1. Grysun -Ainz (Mafia Boss)
2. Demonspeed - Aqua (Mafia Escort )
3. Desin24 - Tanya (Mortician)
4. Crescent Jinx - Wilibald (Insane Detective)
5. Panda - Matheus (Sane Spy)
6. Erinyes - Ram (Witch)
7. Holt - Megumin (Bulletproof Townie)
8. Blacktiger - Subaru (Prosecutor)
9. Seraph - Emilia (Restless Spirit)
10. Lady Pompom - Shalltear (Mafia janitor)
11. DigitalDude - Kazuma (Shapeshifter)
12. SonOfDaws - Mare (Sane Doctor)
13. MarmaladeSky - Rem (Strongman)
14. Anih - Albedo (Insane Apprentice)
15. Shinobi - Viktoriya (Prostitute)
16. Gajeel - Aura (Insane Detective)
17. Juviii - Beatrice (Insane Doctor)
18. Belserion - Darkness (Vengeful Townie)




Hope this Action stuff is readable. What I noticed was that many of the passive roles I hoped would use their roles for the sake of influencing the game often didn't do so. Some passives like Holt made it all the way to the end without stealing a single panty, I mean vote or trying to coordinate with other townies to make their spells unblockable. Not sure why if I had such spells and no actions I would have used them just for the heck of it. xD

My own thoughts regarding this game & my hosting experience​

Well as you see we didn't made the 20 player goal Asako and I put there for ourselves. If we had made it we would have put in Lovers or something other mean like that.^^
The roles we cut out were PGO and Daytime Vigilante though we probably would have added a 5th member to the mafia due lovers as well as Sleeper if we had made it above 20 players so who knows how the final role list would have looked like. I for one was quite happy with it and since so far no one has thrown a tantrum and complained I think everyone believed they had a shot at winning this game themselves and that's good.

After the first night on day 2 when we were already down 4 townies I thought I had made them too weak but you players showed me to not expect logic in a game where so much is based on feelings and instinct and where things can go horrible wrong, lol. I never expected Mafia and SS to target the same target twice in a row, even DD's luck had to run out at some point. xD

I should probably have hostkilled Holt due his 3 minor infringements but since he came online shortly after day 2 concluded and apologized for missing it and was okay with being punished, I decided to let him play and act as if he had posted thrice on day 1 and not twice. Maybe not the right choice but given the ending and how Holt hardly did anything surprising with his votes and nothing with his spells, it was not such a game changing decision. I guess I just didn't wanted to hostkill someone in my first game, is all.

It seems I should have added a "punishment/reward" system to make the people use their spells, like if you use no spell at all you get a penalty vote on you due mana overload or something, that would have made the active roles quite visible as well as make the decision of the passive not to use their spells actually good as they would hid the actives with not using their spells receiving the same punishment. As reward probably something that if a spell was successful you avoid the punishment for not using it next time. Maybe that would have pushed some players to be more active with their spells. So the system was only used ten times and thus didn't had much of an impact. :/
But all in all I am happy with my spell system, it was not broken, OP or overly complicated but it also was not rewarding or punishing enough to be used often or at all by the players. I will keep that in mind for future games.

As for my hosting experience in general it was very rewarding and funny. Without Asako I would have felt lost sometimes but she always gave me a pointer on what to do. Collecting votes, updating the vote list, marking off the dead in the first post and such was all stuff I got used to rather quickly. I would have liked to add more pictures but stuff like the detention room door had to been screenshot from the anime and I did not wanted to watch all 2 seasons for fitting images for my LN updates.^^

You all were pleasant players, I saw no flaming, no hating, maybe a bit of dissing but usually deserved and not mean-meant.
The Townie MVP this game for me was Copy Panda, he/she/it had great luck with the spy results finding two mafias in a row, like dayum!
The Mafia MVP was Demonspeed for how hard he tried and how unlucky his decisions were. I would have loved to see him keep going further and survive the 5th day (and give me more chances to write my LN :P).
The reward for most pleasant surprise was Anih and BlackTiger for how well she played despite the language barrier problems, both she and BlackTiger asked questions when they didn't understood stuff, tried to use their townie role to its best abilities and worked hard to figure out how to win with the other towns against the Mafia.

As for Mafia... it was really sad for me to see them come apart so quickly after losing their brain and leader GrySun who left us too soon due unforeseen circumstances. 4 days in a row Mafias got lynched, I cannot remember the last time this has happened, usually it gets interrupted with a townie or TP lynch. The spells in that regard actually did influence the game as players with active roles using them could not use their actions thus often changing the flow of the action board those nights.

As for Town... damn guys, you really crushed it. Just one townie lynch, not bad at all. Loved how SonofDaws saved DD and how did D thank him? Trying to turn him into an Illusion. XD
My best memory of this game will be Demon stealing Bel's panties and me and Asako arguing which panty we should send to them via pm. Bel reacted in great ways to the pic, Mafia sadly was as cold as a dead fish to it. And I tried really hard to find some befitting of Darkness character. :P
My worst memory was the end of the game where there was hardly any tension left and people just wanted to get over with it. It was a bit sad because of my intention to create a fun long game that would pack you all thus those many roles and the spell system for everyone to have to do something. Now it became a short game which hopefully was still very fun.

BIG THANKS at Asako here! She was a huge help and the best loli you could ask for to look through the internet to find sexy panties (she didn't found any)! Her technical knowledge around this forum and especially discord helped me out a lot else much things would have gone wrong. Like me messing up the verdict of Gajeel's finding and first sending him guilty and Asako one minute later being like "No he is innocent!". Lol. XD
Hope I didn't gave her too much of a headache.^^

PS: My LN here had according to WordCounter 13.421 words! I probably broke no record but fora week worth of playing this is a nice outcome!

Also here are all Death Scenarios of those who survived in case you are curious:

Viktoriya Ivanovna Serebryakov

Escort: Ruffian (Apron)
Viktoriya will be sad that she got killed/lynched and can no longer play with everyone. However when Ruffian shows up with a croquet for her as consolation prize she happily follows him into the realm of the dead.

Matheus Johann Weiss

Escort: A giant Schokolade Mascott (Ruffian)
Weiss takes the failure to see the end of the game very personally, as another proof that he is lacking as 2nd in hand of the Mayor's Elites. His spirits get lifted when Ruffian enters the classroom dresses as a giant chocolate with extra methamphetamine for the good boys in the field, real Panzer-Schokolade. Weiss is moved to tears as he hugs Ruffian („GIANT SCHOKOLAAAAAAAAAAADE~“) and follows him out of the classroom never breaking that hug.

Wilibald Koenig

Escort: A Fall pit
Koenig is disappointed but interested to see how he will get escorted to the punishment room. Roswaal just snaps his finger and under Koenig a fall pit opens and he falls through it with a loud scream ending in the realm of the dead.

Albedo

Escort: Yuri Alpha
Albedo won't accept her death so easily if Ainz is still alive, when he is already dead she gonna mock Shalltear for still being alive and not follwing their master to death while she rushes out ignoring poor Yuri Alpha.

Megumin

Escort: Yunyun
Megumin's pride takes a hit of being dead but then she tries to twist it into the others fearing her might so it was expected that she would not see the end of this game alive. However when a teary-eyed Yunyun stands in the classroom door to escort her, Megumin feels superbad. Like Yunyun is all sad how she can play with her class while she sits all alone in Class C and she has to listen the entire way to the detention room why Chomsuke and Puck were players but not her. If someone from B-class like Chris made it into the game, Yunyun won't accept Megumin's excuse of this being a Class A game only task so all that's left for Megumin while being on her way to hell is to feel bad for Yunyun and apologize to her and promise to make it up to her by playing Old Maid with her after the game.

Darkness

Escort: Ruffian in normal look (which basically means he looks like the perfect rapist to her rape fantasies)
Upon hearing of her own death, Darkness gets into a heavy breathing flushed expression at the thought of the torture in detention room with all her holes filled and what not. Much to the disturbance of the rest of the class who find it hard to feel sorry for her when she looks forward to it. Ruffian enters without a costume saying he was told to come like this and not in costume (in case Weiss or Viktoriya died before). Darkness goes all crazy on him to which the overwhelmed Ruffian can only take flight and flees to the detention room with Darkness hot on his trails.

I think that's it. Hope you all had a fun game and that you like to enter the James Rye train when he does another LN aka Mafia Game.^^
 
Last edited:

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
So if people have an action they will have to choose between using a magic spell or their role..... but what about Roles with day actions? Will the player have to decide or do they get both?



More fairy tail fans join MG :zomg
I think a Day Action User could still use their Spell since it is only available during Night Time while their Role action isn't.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,899
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
Hey Marms 👋
Given that we are on the same team, and the first death would be that of the person lynched today meaning, any of us using the Mortician Spell would be useless i guess we're stuck using the Priority Debuff Spell right? Is there someone in the game who you wouldn't mind using that Spell on tonight? If yes,why and who? Curious.
Heya Sera!
I was more reasoning the usefulness the spells in general/from the purple group (as Gajeel quoted that one). But you're right, in our own group for N1 the debuff is our only choice xD.
Haven't really thought about it yet to be fair, I'll just see how this day goes (especially since there is still quite a bit of time left).
How about yourself?
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
How come? I think it could be pretty useful in seeing who is telling the truth about their nightly magic spells
It would still be a shot in the dark with this many people, and it could also block someone who had a good intention with the magic spell so I'll rather not use it until the game gets clearer.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,899
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
It would still be a shot in the dark with this many people, and it could also block someone who had a good intention with the magic spell so I'll rather not use it until the game gets clearer.
Yeah, I suppose that's also something to consider
 

BlackTiger

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2020
Messages
457
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Sorry if this sounds noob but what is Priority 1 and Priority 3?

Is there Priority 2?

How many Priorities are there?
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Heya Sera!
I was more reasoning the usefulness the spells in general/from the purple group (as Gajeel quoted that one). But you're right, in our own group for N1 the debuff is our only choice xD.
Haven't really thought about it yet to be fair, I'll just see how this day goes (especially since there is still quite a bit of time left).
How about yourself?
I'm not sure yet either,depends on the day as you said,i'd have someone in mind in case nothing happens though. You mind giving a hint on your role or something?


Sorry if this sounds noob but what is Priority 1 and Priority 3?

Is there Priority 2?

How many Priorities are there?
1. PRIORITY - "ROLE BLOCKING"

Prostitute
Mafia Escort (when blocking)

2. PRIORITY - "SAVING & INVESTIGATING" (& more)

Detective (all sanities)
Investigator
Spy (and Paranoid)
Mortician
Spirit Medium
Doctor (all sanities, Insane Doctor only when protecting)
Bodyguard
Hider
Bomb Defuser
Apprentice (both sanities)
Mafia Detective (when investigating)
Mafia Bomb Defuser (when defusing)
Santa Claus
Shapeshifter
Sickly
Unlimited Voter Disease
Not Voter Disease

3. PRIORITY - "KILLING & RECRUITING"

Insane Doctor (when killing)
Pirate
Time Bomb
Kamikaze Bomb
Mason Recruiter
Mafia Boss
Mafia Detective (when killing)
Mafia Janitor
Mafia Poisoner (both killing and poisoning)
Mafia Assassin
Mafia Mason
Strongman
Burden
Mafia Escort (when killing)
Unskilled Mafia
Mafia Pirate
Mafia Bomb
Mafia Politician (when killing)
Mafia Apprentice
Serial Killer
Mentor (both killing and recruiting)
Mentee
Those are Priority Roles and Actions.
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Sorry if this sounds noob but what is Priority 1 and Priority 3?

Is there Priority 2?

How many Priorities are there?
3 levels of priority, 1 to 3. You can see which role has which priority in the Rule Thread
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Pretty useless early game, from a townie perspective that is. Don't think I'll make usage of them until we get confirmed townies or suspicious/confirmed mafia.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



I thought we were fellow Overlord partners :feelsbadman
I made those MS in regards to the passive and one action roles so they always got something to do whereas for constant night action roles this is a nice extra which gives them variety at night. So basically is anyone is a passive townie or a townie with just one action or like a regular action role but scared of dying and happens to be Tanya he/she can use the hiding spell to be safe for one night.
And who knows, depending on who you hit it might not be so useless.

So if people have an action they will have to choose between using a magic spell or their role..... but what about Roles with day actions? Will the player have to decide or do they get both?



More fairy tail fans join MG :zomg
The rules say MS are used at night phase, they don't care about day phase. So if anyone has a day action they can use MS at night and still use their day action whenever they want.
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,649
Gender
Female
Country
China
Soon j'am home again

The way you addressed Pomcha seemed strange. Very careful, prodding, kinda formal. With disqualifiers I mean words that put distance between you and the subject ('maybe I can', 'I know it's not a Crescent game' -> as if you're inconspicuously attempting to communicate with her). Pomcha responded with a non-answer of sorts, so maybe she's a mafia chan if you're not. Otherwise, she'd have sth like 'Omo GryGry <3' or something to that effect right? Nothing major but a little something to keep in mind
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Noticed you noticed the non-answer too. Interesting. For now, voting Pomcha. Have to make some foods and will return later
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Hey Marms 👋
Given that we are on the same team,
and the first death would be that of the person lynched today meaning, any of us using the Mortician Spell would be useless i guess we're stuck using the Priority Debuff Spell right? Is there someone in the game who you wouldn't mind using that Spell on tonight? If yes,why and who? Curious.
How do you know? 🤔
 

BlackTiger

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2020
Messages
457
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
So from what I have read my ability is quiet good.

First magic spell: I can only use it on dead character.
1. Use a Magic Mortician Spell on dead players. You get told the history of all spells used on them but not who used them on the dead player, as well as the history of all targets from the dead player for his spells but not what spells were used.


Second magic spell: It would be convenient if I target scum with this so their action has 50% failure.
2. Debuff another player's Action by 1 Priority Level for the current night phase. Any action that gets lower than Priority 3 has a 50% chance to fail no matter what.

So all members on the same team have the same magic spell right ? This could make thing easier for reading night action.
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
I'm running out of time for today, don't think I'll be here for the last hours,

!votekill number 17 Juviii
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,777
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Votekill Seraph for now

Maybe he just had a bad day or maybe it's just pent up resentment from previous games but he is way too aggressive for some reason.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@BlackTiger
At least for magic stuff, yes. Regular action stuff gonna be a mess as always and now even more with changing priorities.^^
I'm on the birthday of my dad, will be gone for a few hours. Don't mess with the students bodies while I am gone!
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
okay, the first one is funny:XD but from what I get, you can make someone’s spell unstoppable, however that means if someone has a blocking spell, and they are made unstoppable, they can stop other people’s unstoppableness. Let’s make a case:

player y uses his unstoppable spell on player X
Player X is uses his hiding spell on that same night
Player 3 uses his unstoppable spell on player 4
Player 4 uses his bloking spell on player X
Player mafia tries to kill the player X and succeeds, because player X was blocked by the unstoppable block-spell (spell).

this is what I understand...:hmm
Pom I just spent like 10 mins staring at that spell description on the first page because I was confused, now I'm even more confused reading this thanks :XD I hate when it takes me forever to finally understand mechanics.
 

desin24

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2013
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
5,425
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Hey everyone sorry for only joining late. I was stuck on a mountain with no internet. Gonna catch up (thank God only 5 pages and then add my thoughts.

Thanks to whoever made the avys they are kawaii as fuck.
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,373
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Votekill Seraph for now

Maybe he just had a bad day or maybe it's just pent up resentment from previous games but he is way too aggressive for some reason.
I'm just playing the game though,how harsh.

Note how i openly mention that i don't really trust you and you feel prompted to votekill me in return now,interesting.:heh
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I'm just playing the game though,how harsh.

Note how i openly mention that i don't really trust you and you feel prompted to votekill me in return now,interesting.:heh
Wait you actually trust people already?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top