Late again. Oh well.
Build King: First impressions.
- The colour pages are quite interesting. At least the setting is imaginative.
- That.. does not look like a functional house. (Are those horns?)
- Well, at least it's sturdy. And the door actually works!
- I take it back. How did this moron survive here for so long?
- Again, the worldbuilding looks amazing.
- But the main character kind of sucks (so far he comes across as stupid, cliche and annoying). This is a problem.
- Oh, so he can be an adult. Nice sentiment there, though it's a bit weird that a story about building immediately makes the buildings obsolete by making them inferior to an unarmed child.
- Are you sure that's him? I'm half-and-half expecting this to be a ship full of slave traders or something.
- Why is your goal the Build Kings when you're not even trying to build things?
In short: Imaginative setting and a sort-of-orginal story idea, but the characters feel very cliche and the series immediately shoots itself in the foot by making the titular buildings less important than the battle prowess of the characters. (Though it did make me curious for the next chapter, so we'll see where it goes.)
OP: I thought Oda might do something special for the 1000th chapter, but it looks like we'll still be stuck in the same fight.
MHA: Nice twist at the end there. With such holes in your story, the audience won't be swayed for long.
Yozakura: This made me go "Wait, that's a female?!" twice in the same chapter. Not bad, though I don't really get the confidence at the very end.
Dr Stone: They remembered the Panama Canal! Pretty fun chapter, though I hope they will get off the boat next week. (Also lol@One Piece reference. Now I want them to stumble upon a library.)
Me & Roboco: It was doing pretty well, until Roboco pulled the completely unnecessary sexism card (seriously, HOW is having two girls a handicap for starting a fire?). Cute ending though.
JJK: Wtf. Also, when did he write this? It's too long for something you draw in an hour after realising you won't make the deadline. Did they have this lying around somewhere just in case?
Mashle: WELCOME BACK
LANCE! I'm so glad you're still a character. And Abel is there too. Pretty entertaining chapter, as disjointed as it was.
Phantom Seer: I'm a little confused about the timing here. That training should have taken a lot longer than the fight, right? Regardless, that entrance was pretty cool. But I'd like an explanation about her powers.
AT: Nice! Good action, good strategy. I'm curious what's going to happen after this though, will we get character/plot development or just a monster of the week scenario?
Magu-chan: Yay body-shaming. (Was that a Broly reference?)
Cop & Dolphin: I'd scold him for bad parenting, but his plan actually kinda worked. Too bad he forgot what he was dealing with. (Does she know about her powers? Because that seems like something worth talking about.)
Moriking: Repeating the same joke over and over only works when the joke is really good. This one isn't.
UU: Aww, Juiz is party-pooping. I love the clash of philosophies. Also, are we getting a Western?
AB: Poor Chris. We are supposed to hate these girls, right? It's hard to tell sometimes.
HSFamily: What is this guy's problem?
OBO: Do they
have to save every human they come across? If someone tried to blackmail me like that, I'd tell them to keep the murderous a***ole.
To fans of those series - are you liking how the current arcs are playing out? For Dr. Stone, the introduction of the latest girl has been an annoyance, but this entire expidition is doing nothing for me. It's a shame because I quite enjoyed the series when I was catching up, but following it weekly had been a bit of a bore.
I loved the part where Senku and Xeno became science-soulmates, but the latest travel chapters have been rather boring. I expect we'll be entering the next arc proper soon though.