Shounen - Kengan Ashura/Omega | Page 23 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Kengan Ashura/Omega

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
English out: https://mangadex.org/chapter/1170338/1

Is that Kano smile? Who would tell ...

I almost guessed it right. He's not Kiryu's clon but the very same Kiryu.

Don't you have the impression the plot points to certain someone discovering that the final stage of Niko style is not its trully final stage?

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Damn, Agito went full Bruce Lee with that last punch? He also used a triple-strike that reminded me of Hatsumi Sen's triple strike on Kengan Ashura. The move he used to take down the actor (however he was called). I like this cheerful Agito that was foreshadowed during the first chapters of Omega.

We got a satisfactory enough explanation of how that guy could use Removal (he basically couldn't really use it) and Kiryu looks much better with his new hairstyle. I may even like his character now depending on what he does this arc.

LaserBeam

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Damn, Agito went full Bruce Lee with that last punch? He also used a triple-strike that reminded me of Hatsumi Sen's triple strike on Kengan Ashura. The move he used to take down the actor (however he was called). I like this cheerful Agito that was foreshadowed during the first chapters of Omega.

We got a satisfactory enough explanation of how that guy could use Removal (he basically couldn't really use it) and Kiryu looks much better with his new hairstyle. I may even like his character now depending on what he does this arc.
I think those words "that you are the one i used to be and come back to us" i think it was told by agito.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I think those words "that you are the one i used to be and come back to us" i think it was told by agito.
Yeah, that was definitely Agito talking.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
English out: https://mangadex.org/chapter/1177985/1

I guess those are the matchess, so it seems it's Ohma vs Lolong.
What do you think about Lolong? Is he a worm (geiven that he doesn't care much about the worm infiltration) or he's not (given that he make Kasuo think about possible worm in the Kengan team)?

The chapter give me the vib that we'll have (some purgatory + some kengan guys) vs worm

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
English out: https://mangadex.org/chapter/1177985/1

I guess those are the matchess, so it seems it's Ohma vs Lolong.
What do you think about Lolong? Is he a worm (geiven that he doesn't care much about the worm infiltration) or he's not (given that he make Kasuo think about possible worm in the Kengan team)?

The chapter give me the vib that we'll have (some purgatory + some kengan guys) vs worm

Such a confusing chapter now who would trust ?
lol

Also raian vs alan seems like a hyped fight.

Also lihito & falcon seems to develop some kind of friendship bounding or whatever.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Wooo, Raian, finally!

I don't think Lolong is a Worm. He seems to be just a collected, cool kind of character.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi guys, haven't been here for a few weeks. I came here with a theory regarding who could be the Traitor Xia Ji seems to have deep in the Kengan Association.

So, in chapter 34 Xia Ji stated that he had driven a “wedge” deep in the Kengan Association, which implies that someone is feeding him information about Kengan overall. That someone seems to be deep within the organisation and is someone he seems to trust a lot. It is implied that this person should be a fighter as well:
  • The fake Yuzaki Mumon was one of the infiltrates that tried to take out another one of the most powerful fighters (Tokuno) but failed.
  • Kashio Toru was from the Kengan Association’s Fighter Employment. As we know, he was a Worm infiltrate and he took out Sugawara Yutaka. Both seemed to have some sort of fighting capabilities judging by their fight.
In this latest chapter it is implied that someone on Kengan’s team could actually be a Worm infiltrate by Lolong. Of course, this is just his guess, but for this theory to make sense let’s assume a few things (that might or might not be wrong):
  • Lolong is actually right and there is a Worm infiltrate on Kengan’s team against Purgatory.
  • This traitor is the same one Xia Ji was referring to when he commented that he had driven a “wedge” deep in the Kengan Association.
With that being said, taking into account those assumptions and with the info the manga has provided us thus far, we may be able to assume that:
  • Whoever the traitor is, he’s deep within the Kengan Association.
  • Is most likely a fighter that may or may not have changed his name in order to hide.
  • Is on Team Kengan currently (this is the greatest assumption but Daro seems to be entertaining this possibility judging by this latest chapter).
With that in my mind, let’s analyse the different characters on the team:
  • Tokita Ohma: Impossible. Xia Ji didn’t even know he was alive when he made that statement. Besides, we already know pretty much everything from him and it wouldn’t make the slightest bit of sense for him to be Worm.
  • Gaoh Ryuki: More of the same. This guy wants to kill Worms. Not to mention, he’s not deep within the Kengan Association. He just started fighting for them recently.
  • Kure Raian: Imagine the traitor actually damn near killing his ally in one-shot. Yeah nope. Raian can’t be either. Imagine him acting up and feeding information in secret as a double agent. Given his character and his retard strength, this is impossible.
  • Julius Reinhold: Do I really need to explain this one?
  • Kanoh Agito: We already know his backstory more or less and what kind of character he is. It’s impossible for him to be the traitor. It’s true you could argue that he was once deep within the Kengan Association being the Fang of Metsudo for the Chairman but he gave up that position.
  • Gaolang Wongsawat: He’s super loyal to his King. Not to mention that he’s not deep at all within the Kengan Association. Given his character, this doesn’t make much sense.
  • Okubo Naoya: He’s not deep within the Kengan Association. He has only 27 matches, not to mention that given what we know about his character he’d need to be an stellar actor to be a Worm infiltrate. Pretty impossible.
  • Rihito: Bruh.
  • Wakatsuki Takeshi: Is the affiliated fighter of one of the greatest corporations and has the highest record of fought matches. Still, we already know his backstory and what kind of character he is. It’s nearly impossible that is him.
  • Akoya Seishu: He’s not deep within the Kengan Association and I don’t think his sense of justice would let him do work like this.
  • Tokuno’o Tokumichi: He barely fights for the Kengan Association at all. I don’t see how he could be deep.
  • Hayami Masaki: He might be the one, but I suspect it to be a red herring. It’s way too obvious if he ends up being the one. He might be related to Worm but I doubt he’s the traitor. Nobody even knew of him and it’s not like being with Toyo Electric Power co (which is kinda isolated from the rest at this point due to obvious reasons) would be considered to be deep.
Yeah, at this point only one is left that I deliberately left for the end. You might already know who am I talking about.

Yes, I’m talking about Misasa. Why Misasa? For several reasons:
  • Is he deep within the Kengan Association? Yes, and I would argue that as a fighter he couldn’t be deeper. He’s the current 8th Fang of Metsudo, the highest-ranked of the Bodyguards that serve Metsudo, the ex-Chairman of the Association and the man with most general knowledge and experience inside that Association. Nogi also seems to still take him into account when making decisions. Before becoming Fang, he was a member of the Extermination Force, the Captain of the 5th Squad and the personal martial arts teacher of his son. Misasa has always been a close employee of Metsudo.
  • His real name is unknown. Yes, Misasa is not his real name. This much has been stated in his character profile. Worm infiltrates can use fake names. We have seen this for the fake Yuzaki Mumon and there could be other cases.
  • Is the only character in this series that has fought and still doesn’t have a backstory. Think about it, thus far every character introduced that still hadn’t fought previously has had a backstory. This applies for both Kengan Ashura and Kengan Omega. Carlos had a backstory. Falcon had a backstory. Toa Mudo had a backstory. Yumigahama had some sort of backstory as well. Naidan and Lu Tian as well. All of those newly introduced characters have had some sort of backstory that explained their origins and/or motivations to a greater or lesser extent. All except for Misasa. Is his backstory so uninteresting than Sandro choose to leave it out, or maybe his backstory is so interesting that he deliberately chose to not say anything about it because it would make us know things we’re not supposed to know yet?
  • What happened to the 7th Fang that came before him? Judging by what we learned in his fight against Yumigahama, it doesn’t really look like Yumi had anything to do with that.
  • Is a Silat practitioner. Silat is a Martial Art that comes from Southeast Asia. Worm is a Chinese organisation.

None of those reasons are strong enough to say he’s the traitor, but I think it can make you think. Misasa is a character whose true motives and origins are still unknown. Heck, we don’t even know his real name. Even if he isn’t the traitor, you can't deny that he’s shrouded in mystery.

What do you guys think? Do you think this is something possible or am I just looking way too much into it?

Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Okubo Naoya: He’s not deep within the Kengan Association. He has only 27 matches, not to mention that given what we know about his character he’d need to be an stellar actor to be a Worm infiltrate. Pretty impossible.
I'm actually suspicious of this guy.

It could be Misasa, and Okubo is not my main suspect, but I do suspect him mainly because of the two worms from Purgatory

1- Lu Tian's real martial arts were Formless, a clear indicator that he's a Worm, but not even people who had known him for many years on a personal level and on the ring knew that. He had mastered more than one other style just to mask his real abilities and identity: Okubo can have done the same.

2- Naidan was in Purgatory for three years and he even became a very close friend of another fighter without him or anyone else noticing he's a worm.

3- I don't remember if it was Naidan or Lu Tian, but one of the two said that "he's no actor. No matter how good at acting he was, anyone that's playing a role all the time will eventually slip up, but not him, because he was just being himself all the time he was in Purgatory, and all the laughs and tears he shed with his companions were his real him". After all that, I wouldn't clear anyone from Kengan just because their personalities or attitudes seem genuine.

I especially suspect Okubo because of that, but also because I think he's the least interesting out of every Kengan participant in this tournament and because what we have seen of his past are actually just small bits and a summary, unlike other characters with proper flashbacks or families to back up their backstories.

If it's Misasa, then that's two deficient Fangs in a row, but at least Agito should be the one to deal with this one.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I'm actually suspicious of this guy.

It could be Misasa, and Okubo is not my main suspect, but I do suspect him mainly because of the two worms from Purgatory

1- Lu Tian's real martial arts were Formless, a clear indicator that he's a Worm, but not even people who had known him for many years on a personal level and on the ring knew that. He had mastered more than one other style just to mask his real abilities and identity: Okubo can have done the same.

2- Naidan was in Purgatory for three years and he even became a very close friend of another fighter without him or anyone else noticing he's a worm.

3- I don't remember if it was Naidan or Lu Tian, but one of the two said that "he's no actor. No matter how good at acting he was, anyone that's playing a role all the time will eventually slip up, but not him, because he was just being himself all the time he was in Purgatory, and all the laughs and tears he shed with his companions were his real him". After all that, I wouldn't clear anyone from Kengan just because their personalities or attitudes seem genuine.

I especially suspect Okubo because of that, but also because I think he's the least interesting out of every Kengan participant in this tournament and because what we have seen of his past are actually just small bits and a summary, unlike other characters with proper flashbacks or families to back up their backstories.

If it's Misasa, then that's two deficient Fangs in a row, but at least Agito should be the one to deal with this one.
It's also possible. Given what we've seen, he could be an actor (and by extension pretty much everyone could be). However, not everyone is deep within the Kengan Association I think. He has barely participated in 27 matches and I don't think he's in a position on which he could get too much info for Xia Ji.

Of course, there could always be multiple traitors given what we've seen. It's possible that the deep "wedge" is not even on this team and it's possible there are other traitors besides that one as we already saw with the fake Yuzaki and others (plus Purgatory). Heck, it's possible that this "wedge" is not even a fighter. We still have a lot to know and we have to make a lot of assumptions in order for our theories to not crash and sink :XD

Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
The fight barely even started and I already got hyped as hell.

Raian being arguably stronger than Ohma right now is to be expected. Ohma now may be even stronger than two years ago, but he had to rest for a full year, so his prowess must have necessarily been slower than Raian. And let's not forget that Raian matched with only his raw strength during the Kengan Annihilation Tournament. He refused to use any of his Kure techniques back then for his childish pride.

Alan Wu has turned out to be much more impressive and important than I thought he would be. I really admire how the author manages to make every single fighter interesting and rise expectations from them time and time again.

I was a bit confused by the Wu splitting into three instead of two, and Edward and Alan Wu not even coming from the "Wu clan" but from the Westward faction is even more confusing to me.

Wasn't Gaoh Ryuki called a connector recently or am I remembering wrong? Did they somehow intend to use Huisheng on him?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I was a bit confused by the Wu splitting into three instead of two, and Edward and Alan Wu not even coming from the "Wu clan" but from the Westward faction is even more confusing to me.
So turns out I just had to re-read last chapter and pay attention to see this wasn't something new.

However, why would Edward have such a grudge with the Kure for stealing their original techniques if his faction isn't the original one either?

LaserBeam

Reaction score
Country
Greece
The fight barely even started and I already got hyped as hell.

Raian being arguably stronger than Ohma right now is to be expected. Ohma now may be even stronger than two years ago, but he had to rest for a full year, so his prowess must have necessarily been slower than Raian. And let's not forget that Raian matched with only his raw strength during the Kengan Annihilation Tournament. He refused to use any of his Kure techniques back then for his childish pride.

Alan Wu has turned out to be much more impressive and important than I thought he would be. I really admire how the author manages to make every single fighter interesting and rise expectations from them time and time again.

Wasn't Gaoh Ryuki called a connector recently or am I remembering wrong? Did they somehow intend to use Huisheng on him?

So turns out I just had to re-read last chapter and pay attention to see this wasn't something new.

However, why would Edward have such a grudge with the Kure for stealing their original techniques if his faction isn't the original one either?
About ryuki i was thinking the same thing it looks like this chapter contains some for of future set up for ryuki.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Now, the "Connector" thing the Worm was talking about can make a little bit more of sense. Raiam seems to be holding quite well against Removal Alan right now, but given the end of this chapter and Raian's visions, this could very well take a turn for the worst. Liked the whole lore of the Wu/Kure Clan as well. I hope Alan doesn't job. Discounting Rihito and Ryuki, we have yet to see a Kengan Fighter be pushed to his utmost limits against a Purgatory fighter and it would be kind of underwhelming for Purgatory if this trend continued for much longer.

Also, how crazy do you have to be to make Raian be like "WTF are you on bro"? :XD

Chapter 96 RAW:
Holy mother of Jesus... Calling this brutal is a massive understatement. I kinda feel bad for Alisa who had to witness this shit.

Edward better be the real deal because if he gets folded on a similar way, I'll definitely be complaining. Chapter was brutal, but it doesn't really help to make Purgatory look better lol.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Now, the "Connector" thing the Worm was talking about can make a little bit more of sense. Raiam seems to be holding quite well against Removal Alan right now, but given the end of this chapter and Raian's visions, this could very well take a turn for the worst. Liked the whole lore of the Wu/Kure Clan as well. I hope Alan doesn't job. Discounting Rihito and Ryuki, we have yet to see a Kengan Fighter be pushed to his utmost limits against a Purgatory fighter and it would be kind of underwhelming for Purgatory if this trend continued for much longer.

Also, how crazy do you have to be to make Raian be like "WTF are you on bro"? :XD

Chapter 96 RAW:
Holy mother of Jesus... Calling this brutal is a massive understatement. I kinda feel bad for Alisa who had to witness this shit.

Edward better be the real deal because if he gets folded on a similar way, I'll definitely be complaining. Chapter was brutal, but it doesn't really help to make Purgatory look better lol.
HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I'm out of words.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Okay, okay, let's see...

Raian proving that he might really be stronger than Ohma if he uses techniques, and Raian giving zero fucks about the rules of the tournament. This was more brutal than anything I ever expected out of Kengan, but it was great.

So we were given a backstory for Alan that even made him look as if he could be as important as Edward, having the personality of the founder of their style and all of that, just for Raian to split him in two in half a chapter... Damn.

It also looked like Raian only used removal for the overkill, he didn't even need it to surpass that guy.

Really looking forward to Raian vs Edward.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Holly mother of god!!!!

Excuse me but that was kinda anticlimatic. I mean, you get all hyped in the warming prefights chapters (Sandrovich&Co are really good there) to just have a onebrutalsided seven hits solution of the fight... Ok, it's good in some porno-way, but yes, like Shadowlord says, it's like a promise that the real good fight is not now but will come ahead...

Purgatory vs Kengan mascarade is falling to pieces, and it seems to be Kengan + two or three purgatory guys vs Worm... Looking forward to see Lolong vs Ohma

But Lolong looks so damn cool/strong/stylish/dangerous guy that if Ohma onesides him, it'd be disappointing. :-_-

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
The guys from Purgatory are being complete letdowns. I think except for Falcon every one of them has either jobbed hard or has won due loopholes, coincidences or sheer luck. I was having hype when this started, but every fight it pass they end looking more and more like jokes and keep getting shafted in more embarassing ways. This wasn't even a fight, just a one-sided massacre.

I want to have faith in Lolong, but I think he's gonna job eventually too.

warbandit66

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alan is trash, just like most of his team mates bar Falcon. Why did I think that a Japanese manga would have a Chinese martial artist perform decently against his Japanese counterpart?

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Alright, chapter is out.

Raian was really using Kure techniques this time, I love that, he got over his ego in that regard and he has become much stronger.

On the other hand, Edward noticing how far above Alan Raian is seems to imply Edward is incredibly sharp. However, he was only annoyed he miscalculated Raian's strength prior to the fight, he was not scared or anything like that of him being above Alan, so it really seems like Edward will be give a proper fight in the future.

I guess Raian has been disqualified, how are the wins-loses so far? I lost count.