Hangout - Fairy Tail Hangout Thread | Page 235 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

What do you like most about FT/what will you miss most about FT? (3 choices)

• The individual characters

• Moments when the guild is together

• The storytelling and plot twists

• Speculating about what could come up in the story/plot/characters

• Shipping moments that have or you wish to take place

• The feels

• The fights/battles

• The character designs/appearance

• The villains

• The comedy

• The fanservice

• The epic entrances, lines, and badass moments

• Seeing side guilds (non-FT) get attention

• The anime

• Soundtracks/OP/ED in the anime

• Mashima's art/twitter

Results are only viewable after voting.

strikefreedom

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France

French fan art for 100 quest.

6 months that the artist works on it.

aymen24

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
I hope for translation
The chapter looks good ..... better than Mashima:teehee

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
hey guys o/

We currently have Tenkaichi Kurosuoba event. It's basically similar to the FT tourney but you can nominate any character from any other source, as long as it's Japan or Korea-based. (similar to crossover fighting games on PlayStation or Nintendo)

Dont forget to read the rules. There's a list of banned characters there

gonna tag @Seven777 @Kurumi Tokisaki @Jean Grey @LaGOAT @Jko
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@WoWfan @Ramen @grey matter @Ronin31

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
We currently have Tenkaichi Kurosuoba event. It's basically similar to the FT tourney but you can nominate any character from any other source, as long as it's Japan or Korea-based. (similar to crossover fighting games on PlayStation or Nintendo)
Thanks, Kiki.
Is Dragon Ball Z or Super excluded ? Because facing people who are invulnerable and can warp Multiverse in a finger slap is too huge to compete with :).
In Marvel, Spiderman and Daredevil can't compete with Galactus or Eternity in a tournament ;).

Current Dragon Ball is just too much :)

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Thanks, Kiki.
Is Dragon Ball Z or Super excluded ? Because facing people who are invulnerable and can warp Multiverse in a finger slap is too huge to compete with :).
In Marvel, Spiderman and Daredevil can't compete with Galactus or Eternity in a tournament ;).

Current Dragon Ball is just too much :)
here's the list of banned characters

only zeno is banned so far

aymen24

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
ooooh....thanks

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
@Aniokku @Newperson00 @VG1989 shouldn't you all discuss EZ and FT topic here because it is off topic on the main chapter discussion thread xd

personally, I prefer FT lately and generally will always pick heavy fantasy over sci-fi fantasy any day.

EZ was a nice surprise when I started to read it and I put it on the same level as early FT.

it kinda went down in my eyes around the middle of Foresta arc and even more so after that arc.

it was already questionable during the second part of Belial Gore arc.

I would argue FT100YQ is on the same level as current EZ or maybe even above so I wouldn't say he is doing way better job with EZ.

fights aren't super interesting (hell, MC is too OP compared to anyone else in his crew since the start), characters are ok (women are hot asf ofc :teehee) but generic (not that other Shounen do much better when it comes to characters but they are not Godlike like fandom is making them out to be), a lot of friendship stuff is still there, some plot holes or inconsistencies (Shiki's age for example) etc.

the fanbase can also be very annoying.

you can't say one thing (heck, not even negative but a small critique) without getting shredded to pieces as if you sent death threats to them or the author.

heck, some of them create threads on reddit and indirectly mentions you because you said something "negative" about EZ on another forum.

it's one of the reasons I don't go to EZ section anymore.

the hype for me was strong at first but the more I read (after Edens One arc specifically), the more it calmed down until it disappeared.

it basically came down to Oh EZ chapter is out.

FT is, imo, generally more fun to read and discuss (both negative and positive).

EZ is ok but that's it.

it's not so special and can be overblown to Mother level by hardcore fans but I don't blame them completely.

once you're hyped, you're hyped.

you can't really do anything about that.

Last edited:

Aniokku

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
@Aniokku @Newperson00 @VG1989 shouldn't you all discuss EZ and FT topic here because it is off topic on the main chapter discussion thread xd

personally, I prefer FT lately and generally will always pick heavy fantasy over sci-fi fantasy any day.

EZ was a nice surprise when I started to read it and I put it on the same level as early FT.

EZ kinda went down in my eyes around the middle of Foresta arc and even more so after that arc.

I would argue FT100YQ is on the same level as current EZ or maybe even above so I wouldn't say he is doing way better job with it.

fights aren't super interesting (hell, MC is too OP compared to anyone else in his crew since the start), characters are ok (women are hot asf ofc :teehee) but generic (not that other Shounen do much better when it comes to characters but they are not Godlike like fandom is making them out to be), a lot of friendship stuff is still there, some plot holes or inconsistencies (Shiki's age for example) etc.

you can't say one thing (heck, not even negative but a small critique) without getting shredded to pieces as if you sent death threats to them or the author.

heck, some of them create threads on reddit and indirectly mentions you because you said something "negative" about EZ on another forum.

the hype for me was strong at first but the more I read (after Edens One arc specifically), the more it calmed down until it disappeared.

FT is, imo, generally more fun to read and discuss (both negative and positive).

it's ok but that's it.

it's not so special and can be overblown to Mother level by hardcore fans but I don't blame completely.

I did not know this forum existed. I am sorry. XD

Well, about EZ and FT. I like FT better. I gave EZ a chance but he bored me. I left it more or less in the history of Drakken. For me the series has more fanservice than FT. and the fanservice in general I do not like. Shiki as the protagonist does not convince me. It's a bit annoying to see Shiki.

I am currently reading MS and RM. because there are a lot of EZ fans. They defend the series by saying. "Mashima always recycles designs", "Since RM always clones his characters", "Shiki is not a copy of natsu, natsu is a recycle of Haru". Well, although Mashima has a design that is easy to recognize. Aki, Haru, and Natsu don't have many similarities. But Shiki does have many similarities to Natsu.

FTYQ100 has many things to improve. (Diabolos, the gods, the power level of natsu, etc). I think it's more entertaining. But if mashima can create series with more solid plots. Better developing the characters. why doesn't he do the same with FTYQ100?.

Yes, as you said. fans are very annoying. When I entered the comment box in each chapter. There were comments like: "This is better than FT shit", "This is a story, not like FT", "10 years of FT to see this great work" and pejorative things about FT. I understand that people like one series more than another. but that is not why it is necessary to speak ill of other stories.

It also bothers me that Mashima doesn't take the sequel to his greatest work seriously. it's like he's just looking for money. but not tell good stories. or if he wanted to ruin more to FT.

I really don't like that mashima treats FT like this. at the end of everything. Most of his fans support EZ for FT. I understand that after so many years. Mashima got tired of writing something. But if he is tired and he wants to move on. he shouldn't have released a spin off (City heros) or a sequel. and in the interviews he shouldn't have said. that he if he receives support. he will do more FT stories, including a next generation.

gk3389127

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
One thing I'm wondering, is if we'll see another make when Volume 9 comes out. Most (though not all) of the volumes have had those with them, some being random one shots, and a couple (like the Brandish and Faris ones) being more relevant to the story..

If they want to tie it more into the story, they can show Suzaku wandering around comedically trying to find his way through Elentir; alternatively, they can tie into the brief yokai-sub arc.

Just food for thought.

Last edited:

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
One thing I'm wondering, is if we'll see another make when Volume 9 comes out. Most (though not all) of the volumes have had those with them, some being random one shots, and a couple (like the Brandish and Faris ones) being more relevant to the story..

If they want to tie it more into the story, they can show Suzaku wandering around comedically trying to find the; alternatively, they can tie into the brief yokai-sub arc.

Just food for thought.
And when Suzaku was teleported to Elentir and where Kiria, Madmole, and Skullion are right now.

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia

it kinda went down in my eyes around the middle of Foresta arc and even more so after that arc.

I would argue FT100YQ is on the same level as current EZ or maybe even above so I wouldn't say he is doing way better job with EZ.

EZ is ok but that's it.

it's not so special and can be overblown to Mother level by hardcore fans but I don't blame completely.

yea we got carried away a bit
😅
Also in the scy-fi space adventure, after 100 chapters theres finally more than one or two aliens in a group, but NOT the enemy. they traveled to different cosmos and who were on that planet: humans and robots. this 100 chapters if you sayed they were on same planet I would believed it (I know some got eaten by time eater), space theme feels just to make it feel big.
Rebecas powers were ruined by introduction, rewrite after 1 chapter and with 1 try they nailed it, and thats before training. this is worse than Wendy, you can at least hope if she is not there or out of magic she wont pull Ex machina, with Becca it does not matter, if plot will demand it she will undo anything, and backlash of it was weak.
but people say it's better because it's darker, in fact that's kinda it's problem, It tryes to be Dark series with comedy, tonal whiplash happens. Ft was more Fun comedy adventure with Dark moments.
Also the (Robot)oppression is such a 'Topical for this years' theme, I just don't want even to get into that. just gonna say I'm not against it being in manga, but it's such an overused theme (AOT, MHA, FMA, Magi and others) and have it as main theme.
Shiki is also a big Ouch as an MC, worst decision was making him the leader, a guy who never left his home planet, and have some one like Witch be basicly his slave.
Also recycling certain things from previous works is so bad in EZ, two Oracion Seis, Exceeds, Eden glitter, Overdrive and Grand Chariot.
Also after reading Rave, I started to dislike EZ more, people said EZ is more like Rave and has same magic, No it does not, while i personally prefer FT, but Rave still was great. and EZ has non of its charm.
At the end I would say EZ is average, not awful but not ok ether, it just exists, Art is its only good quality.
also agreed on FT being enjoyably bad when it's bad, though it can have actual bad moments (Wraith, Yokai Erz).

Last edited:

Newperson00

Reaction score
Country
Denmark

EZ is ok but that's it.

it's not so special and can be overblown to Mother level by hardcore fans but I don't blame them completely.

What happend to EZ in those arcs ? I don´t mind some spoilers !!

Same I always loved Fantasy it was much fun travelling around on earth or Earthland in FT I hope we see the other continents sometime beside Guiltina & Ishgar it has much potential if FT still goes on after the Quest new foes & new Tournament arcs. If Mashima is still in the mood though T-T

Space Fantasy Sci fi didn´t sit well with me it felt out of place having both at the same time

I think If Natsu & Shiki both were Luffy´s level I think the villians would´ve been a lot more threatening such as Selene´s Beauty members & Aldoron Seeds
& Zeref would´ve been defeated in some other logical way
instead the bs he got
I remember some other translations they had it as Flames of Rough Emotions :P

I suppose it´s a matter of time when Edens Zero will enter a final Alvarez arc where things will feel out of place in the last half

I´m sorry to hear that it´s very disrespectful the way the fanbase treat other members just because the person disagree or has a different view
They should respect instead of the opposite

I heard Mashima got threats just because Nalu didn´t happen in the final chapter of the main FT Manga back in 2017

I agree about FT it also felt to have more friendly fanbase
True the hype makes the person more excited for that event or character such as Acnologia was in FT when FT was going in bad direction I just ignored everything such as the Spriggans 12 I wanted to see 7 DS vs Acnologia as soon as possible and I used to defend Zeref´s fight but at the moment not anymore. I´m hyped to see the true White Wizard & Ignia´s fight with Natsu

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
What happend to EZ in those arcs ? I don´t mind some spoilers !!
If I remember right:
Shiki died, Rebeca Time traveled.
Draken Joe got weak by becoming big monster?
Sudden revelation of Wisse having a bone with Joe. Joe getting sudden flashback to sympathize him.
Shiki telling Wisse that he would not mind befriending Joe.
in foresta:
New cosmos but again, mainly humans an robots.
Jelsie stuff, them being childhood friends and arranged to marry.
Hermits Doctor "Friend" returns and its revealed he was the reason on Kleen's (Jins sister) trauma and turning Jin into Scyborg.
Shura reveal.
Grand Chariot.
and such

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka

Did you stop reading Ez?

Newperson00

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
If I remember right:
Shiki died, Rebeca Time traveled.
Draken Joe got weak by becoming big monster?
Sudden revelation of Wisse having a bone with Joe. Joe getting sudden flashback to sympathize him.
Shiki telling Wisse that he would not mind befriending Joe.
in foresta:
New cosmos but again, mainly humans an robots.
Jelsie stuff, them being childhood friends and arranged to marry.
Hermits Doctor "Friend" returns and its revealed he was the reason on Kleen's (Jins sister) trauma and turning Jin into Scyborg.
Shura reveal.
Grand Chariot.
and such

Thank you!!

Let´s hope 100 YQ gets some respect in the upcoming chapters