Hangout - Mokushiroku no Yonkishi Hangout Thread | Page 184 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

sobreno

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Djibouti
I like Percival more because Meliodas' groping was a bit excessive. But without that aspect, Mel had more going for him, especially in terms of mystery.
Well, Percival's background is also mysterious. Like is he completely human or a hybrid too?

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I think Percival is a less mysterious "Meliodas" in the ways that there are no signals that he's hidding another side of his personality.

Just like Mel he's very cheerful and has the look of a kid that confuses everyone, and is carefree. But outside of that we at least know something about Percival's story before the main series (his grandfather). About Meliodas, we didn't know a single thing; I think the Elizabeth element in the first arc was what made us see that there was something else about Meliodas, since he showed more of his mysterious sides in the plot when it came to her, Liz and his wrath.

Percival doesn't have any of that, I feel that he's more simple in that way but still very likeable. At this point of the story I enjoyed Meliodas's character in about how many secrets and sides he had, but I still appreciate that Percival is both different and similar to him, while still being likeable and fun.

I think we will be able to compare them more in the future, when it's time for Percival to show character development, something that gave mixed feelings to some readers when Meliodas started to show his.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
The pacing is keeping me from being able to form a real opinion on Percival. He’s a nice guy but as it stands he’s not exactly the most interesting person

baditz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
For me Percival just like most shonen protagonist, innocent simple easy going guy, so i like Meliodas more,,

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
For me Percival just like most shonen protagonist, innocent simple easy going guy, so i like Meliodas more,,
I can understand why people would prefer Meliodas. He was a breath of fresh air from the typical mold of MC that people start getting tired of from Jump at the time. But, honestly, the best way to describe Meliodas is that he's basically a poorly executed Kenshin Himura, meanwhile Percival is a zero sugar Gon Freecss.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
someone sent this in a discord sever and i thought it was intresting so here ya go

Nakaba Suzuki about villains in his last interview : "What makes a villain interesting is the motivation you give him. He has to follow some kind of justice, even if it is very personal. He must believe in it and even more, the reader must also be able to believe in it. In his psychology, his goal must be right, it must be normal to fight for him. And of course, he must want to impose his vision of things. Because if he does evil for evil, only to destroy everything, that won't be great. Or it won't be for very long. So that if he is convinced that his thought is correct, even if he is totally wrong, it becomes intriguing.
In fact, in Seven Deadly Sins, if you reversed the values, it would make the events just as interesting. If you take Zeldris' point of view, you think other people are absolutely abominable. We would have a fascinating history with totally overthrown values."

It's very interesting, and I agree with him. But then he went and did the opposite and made shit villains like the DK and Cath. When you think about it Esta and Zel were truly the last good villains of the series. (Movie pending of course)

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
someone sent this in a discord sever and i thought it was intresting so here ya go

Nakaba Suzuki about villains in his last interview : "What makes a villain interesting is the motivation you give him. He has to follow some kind of justice, even if it is very personal. He must believe in it and even more, the reader must also be able to believe in it. In his psychology, his goal must be right, it must be normal to fight for him. And of course, he must want to impose his vision of things. Because if he does evil for evil, only to destroy everything, that won't be great. Or it won't be for very long. So that if he is convinced that his thought is correct, even if he is totally wrong, it becomes intriguing.
In fact, in Seven Deadly Sins, if you reversed the values, it would make the events just as interesting. If you take Zeldris' point of view, you think other people are absolutely abominable. We would have a fascinating history with totally overthrown values."

It's very interesting, and I agree with him. But then he went and did the opposite and made shit villains like the DK and Cath. When you think about it Esta and Zel were truly the last good villains of the series. (Movie pending of course)
I don't think Cath was bad at all. The DK however was a pretty bad villain. Honestly it felt like Nakaba was just tired and wanted to start the next series. No charisma, terrible personality etc.

baditz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I can understand why people would prefer Meliodas. He was a breath of fresh air from the typical mold of MC that people start getting tired of from Jump at the time. But, honestly, the best way to describe Meliodas is that he's basically a poorly executed Kenshin Himura, meanwhile Percival is a zero sugar Gon Freecss.
Well, u not wrong,,
But for me Mel better than Percy.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Cath was bad at all. The DK however was a pretty bad villain. Honestly it felt like Nakaba was just tired and wanted to start the next series. No charisma, terrible personality etc.
i think they both were bad but thats just me. so i agree with the dk stuff he was a joke and it was just sad. the last line though interests me
So that if he is convinced that his thought is correct, even if he is totally wrong, it becomes intriguing. In fact, in Seven Deadly Sins, if you reversed the values, it would make the events just as interesting. If you take Zeldris' point of view, you think other people are absolutely abominable. We would have a fascinating history with totally overthrown values."

i wanna know what that looks so badly cause it sounds interesting seeing things from how zeldris saw them would change how we think of other people and characters and while also getting more backstory about him and other things. but its nakaba so i know we probably will never get to see it but its cool to think of it

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Every villain in the last 100 chapters excluding maelstrossa and zel, we're all incredibly terrible with absolutely awful power scaling

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
An antagonist is supposed to be a roadblock to prevent the protagonist from reaching their goals. Nakaba antagonists fails because he can't follow through on that simple premise because he can't let his protagonists truly fail or be challenged by them, whether it be in terms of their philosophy or, most obviously, physically in combat.

Funnily enough, he actually did show us Zeldris' POV later on and even gave us an idea of Zeldris' circumstances early in the series. But you know what he did? He placed more emphasis on how Mel felt about it, rather than Zeldris' feelings. He had opportunities to explore his villains perspectives and put his theory into action. He just didn't.

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13

can't believe he said this while delivering two villains who did the opposite.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

I remember DK even said he is there to destroy or shit like that. And it contradicts what Nakaba said about interesting villain.

But Nakaba actually remained loyal to his idea of an interesting villain in case of DK to the bitter end. The problem however is that the true intentions were revealed after he died as a black character.

Had Nakaba told us about DK's true motives as well as those of his accomplice, the supreme goddess, sooner, we might've relate better with poor DK.
So yeas, villains with their own ideals and sense of justice are more interesting, but why not let the audience know about them as well? Lol.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So Nakaba actually made DK in the way he described, but his weird decisions at the end of NnT ruined everything. It even influenced the view on Merlin in an unnecessarily negative way. The upcoming movie that actually explains why DK and SD acted as such may also prove how Merlin's actions saved thousands of lives in the past 3000 years of NnT verse.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Cath is harder to explain btw. He was more like a hype tool to show us the power of Chaos and the new King.
He can also be a trigger for the events of the sequel because he merged with Arthur and added a darker side to this innocent guy.

That post-finale arc of chaos was too short and structurally incomplete. So characters like Cath and Priestess of Chaos who were introduced in that arc should better be judged and criticized after the sequel is done with them.

Last edited:

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
He can also be a trigger for the events of the sequel because he merged with Arthur and added a darker side to this innocent guy.
I hope this is the case actually.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
An antagonist is supposed to be a roadblock to prevent the protagonist from reaching their goals. Nakaba antagonists fails because he can't follow through on that simple premise because he can't let his protagonists truly fail or be challenged by them, whether it be in terms of their philosophy or, most obviously, physically in combat.

Funnily enough, he actually did show us Zeldris' POV later on and even gave us an idea of Zeldris' circumstances early in the series. But you know what he did? He placed more emphasis on how Mel felt about it, rather than Zeldris' feelings. He had opportunities to explore his villains perspectives and put his theory into action. He just didn't.
and thats why i want it cause it was a missed oppertunity but we probably wont get it

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
To be fair, he didn't say the DK was a good villain, he just talked about Zeldris :XD.

The DK was the final villain and the stuff with Cath was like a DLC event. And also to set things up for the future. He played his role well. With everything that had been said about Arthur since his first apparition, it had to be addressed.

Giuliana De Giuseppe

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Is it possible that we have a leak? Because I have seen that Edens Zero has come out complete.

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
leaks would come out if there was a scanslations group dedicated to the series but since it got picked up by crunchyroll, it doesn't have one and so nobody leaks it. Hopefully the series grows and eventually we start getting early spoilers

HHellenn

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Is it possible that we have a leak? Because I have seen that Edens Zero has come out complete.
It seems that the official Brazilian publication has forgotten that Japan is on break.