Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 519 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
It didn't take a punch, Luffy got the idea to bounce Cracker back, and Cracker went through several solid objects when he was sent flying.
but it was only one attack right?

Ellenate

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The creator did made the rules clear: Ace and Aokiji were evenly matched.

It doesn't matter if it convinces you, it's the rules of that universe.
That interaction (...rule) saw Ace's attack instantaneous vaporize aokiji's into steam. :ace

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I forgot Ellenate doesnt listen to reason at all. I will stop arguing with him and I hope the rest of this forum does too. He reminds me of somebody and it is quite suspicious on how Ellenate started showing up AFTER a certain someone left.
Moe was kicked out and then Ellenate came into the forum hmm..
They both bring up nonsense and stick to their guns even after being outnumbered and explained why they were wrong.
They aren’t the same person. Moe had no reasoning what so ever and bias logic.

Ellenate just had some weird logic, but can reason a bit.

The creator did made the rules clear: Ace and Aokiji were evenly matched.

It doesn't matter if it convinces you, it's the rules of that universe.
Not sure if you made a typo here.
Ace & Akoji are not equals.
Their clash of DF power are equal.

That interaction (...rule) saw Ace's attack instantaneous vaporize aokiji's into steam. :ace
You are right but wrong.
Ace is not equal to Akoji. Akoji is much stronger physically and with Haki, he’s on several levels above Ace. Even with Overall DF mastery he’s stronger, Akoji fought someone with a stronger Fire DF than Ace. That already is a linear power scale.

The Mera Mera Fruit is = The Hie Hie Fruit

Akoji can use his DF ability at a greater LV than Ace. Have you ever seen Ace ignite the whole Ground? No, But Akoji has frozen As to why he was able to survive a fight against someone with a stronger DF than the Hie Hie & Mera Mera.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
but it was only one attack right?
well no, it was Luffy bouncing Cracker off his body, and Cracker flying through stuff. May be an attack, but not a melee kind of attack.

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States
:wtf

The Mera Mera Fruit is = The Hie Hie Fruit

Just looking at the fruits alone...?

How isn't the mera superior?

Akoji can use his DF ability at a greater LV than Ace. Have you ever seen Ace ignite the whole Ground? No, But Akoji has frozen As to why he was able to survive a fight against someone with a stronger DF than the Hie Hie & Mera Mera.

Huh, has aokiji ever been shown freezing anything other than water with such vigor? :sky

Every time he freezes something big it's been water (or already submerged in water). Which might as well be ace burning a bunch of cottonwood fuzz or lighting someone drenched in gasoline on fire.

As far as Aokiji's ice generation goes, the biggest i recall him making is that bird... while ace was able to generate a mini sun the size of a small island.

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States
And Aokiji turned Ace's fire into smoke

You mean super heated steam- :sky

Yeah, I'm sure that's doing wonders for Aokiji's ice.

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm sure warm steam is doing wonders to Ace's fire
Yes, by acting as insulator. Don't want that heat to dissipate, gotta linger it in the air... nice and toasty :sky

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Yes, by acting as insulator. Don't want that heat to dissipate, gotta linger it in the air... nice and toasty :sky
Really?

Why didn't it worked here?

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States
Really?

Why didn't it worked here?

cause it was just one attack... though you could argue it sped up the melting *shrug*

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
cause it was just one attack... though you could argue it sped up the melting *shrug*
I really don't get your logic

Aokiji can decrease the temperature

Ace can increase it

If Aokiji lowered the temperature more than Ace can increase it, Ace would be in trouble, and vice-versa.

It's just a matter of at which rate they can increase/decrease the temperature

According to the manga, they are evenly matched

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States

albertwv

Reaction score
Country
United States
They aren’t the same person. Moe had no reasoning what so ever and bias logic.

I kinda miss Moe, proving him wrong was so fun. I guess this Ellenate guy is the new Moe or Nik, where they have no sound logic and go off by their own imagination.

Anyways, since 99% of us agree that Aokiji > Ace can we move on?
Also, Cracker vs Luffy is somewhat of a complicated fight to judge. We didnt see most of it because Oda did the great off paneling bit. Luffy hit Cracker with one solid good hit that caused Cracker to go through multiple of his hard bisucits, the seducing woods, and a few WCI builidings until crashing onto Whole Cake castle. I think it was the hard biscuit soldiers caused Cracker to lose consciousness. I'm sure Cracker wouldve been able to tank a few of G4 punches.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
I forgot Ellenate doesnt listen to reason at all. I will stop arguing with him and I hope the rest of this forum does too. He reminds me of somebody and it is quite suspicious on how Ellenate started showing up AFTER a certain someone left.
Moe was kicked out and then Ellenate came into the forum hmm..
They both bring up nonsense and stick to their guns even after being outnumbered and explained why they were wrong.
I guess he is a troll

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
according to what? assumptions based on logia appearances? that could just be oda taking artistic liberties.
According to Smoker not wanting to transform into smoke into the later part of the Rogue Town arc because he would put himself at risk or being thrown into the ocean by the strong winds of the storm. Smoker is fully human, made of flesh and bones, unless he choses to transform into his element.

The same applies to every other logia.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

He doesn't lower anything, he just makes ice.
This is Aokiji instantly freezing the sea and everything within it. He didn't "just make ice in the water". He froze it by instantly lowering its temperature by God knows how many degrees.

And he did that with just a slight touch.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
According to Smoker not wanting to transform into smoke into the later part of the Rogue Town arc because he would put himself at risk or being thrown into the ocean by the strong winds of the storm. Smoker is fully human, made of flesh and bones, unless he choses to transform into his element.

The same applies to every other logia.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This is Aokiji instantly freezing the sea and everything within it. He didn't "just make ice in the water". He froze it by instantly lowering its temperature by God knows how many degrees.

And he did that with just a slight touch.
A Logia user is a DF user; and which are a different sub species. Yes they are humans, who’s body has changed. DF overall changes the users body to use abilities, transform etc

As to Why BB is so Dangerous; or why his fruit is so strong. It completely negates the DF. They are literally the elements they transformed into, & also can stay in human form. But logia’s are human elements.

Only a Bum ass Logia user, would be hit with something other than Haki or the counter to their element.....Via Ace crashing into Smoker, hurting him.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Actually, Ace ability being evenly matched with Aokiji is quite a surprise.

We never really see Ace using his ability to the extend the Admirals do, which can destroy an entire island.

However, that scene proves Ace could, on theory, melt the giant icebergs that Aokiji created on Marineford as fast as Aokiji created them.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Actually, Ace ability being evenly matched with Aokiji is quite a surprise.

We never really see Ace using his ability to the extend the Admirals do, which can destroy an entire island.

However, that proves Ace could, on theory, melt the giant icebergs that Aokiji created on Marineford as fast as Aokiji created them.
Agreed. But I don’t think Ace could keep the flamethrower going against Akoji freeze blast if they just sat there and fired at each other. I believe Ace would gas’s out first...resulting in an Ice Age.

Fire Vs Ice in Manga has always had the same relationship. They are equals, that cancel each other out. Makes sense. Normally someone has greater range and skill with their ability, which would result in a winner or someone having the upper hand

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Agreed. But I don’t think Ace could keep the flamethrower going against Akoji freeze blast if they just sat there and fired at each other. I believe Ace would gas’s out first...resulting in an Ice Age.
I don't think Logias can use up all of their powers, or anything like that.

Maybe Ace couldn't stay awake for 10 days like Aokiji...