goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited:

Ēsu Taichou

Penguin Overlord
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Moderator Notice:
For those of you who like to use screenshots/images as part of your evidence in discussions, if you are going to exceed more than 3 images on your post, please use spoilers so you don't clog up the thread.
I know I mentioned this in the chapter thread, but the same thing applies across all one piece threads.

~ Ēsu Taichou

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
y'all latch onto these arguments and just keep repeating them...

If a creator doesn't lay down clear rules for his universe, we (the readers) are free to interpret them however we want.
Oda does lay down some of the ground work to the rules and laws of his manga. You are taking personally liberty to share these ideas as concrete not a possibility or speculation.

Which just leaves your entire interpretation to be wrong. But ok

Ellenate

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Using haki would spare a logia the effects of an attack, entirely regardless of elemental advantages.

We've never seen the interaction...

but-

Also, I don't get what your point about Luffy is.

if haki doesn't change what luffy's made out of, why would it change what aokiji is made out of?

the inherent weakness should stand. unless you can show an interaction where it doesn't

Aokiji isn't constantly made of ice.

according to what? assumptions based on logia appearances? that could just be oda taking artistic liberties.

it's the same thing with ace's clothing no bursting into flames/reforming...
or the hulk's shorts never falling off (...:bored thank god)

It's tough to debate someone who doesn't understand he difference between active and passive abilities...

I'm living rent free in your head... :datass

ur not making sense fire is hotter than magma(in real life) but akainu was able to kill ace.

There are lots of different types of fires with varying temperatures. So ace wouldn't necessarily be hotter, especially at that moment.:celebrate

The fact that you're talking about fire being hotter than magma but arguing that the ice man has a chance against the fire man is.. interesting.

Aokiji vs Akainu

We don't even know what happened in that battle...

Aokiji could've had a seastone uzi and an army of polar bears.

Akainu could've punched him in the first two seconds and the remainder of the fight was aokiji running for his life.

That battle means jack s*** to the statement of "ace > aokiji" (...unless we get more details)

Luffy beating Doff sounds really impressive until you get into the nitty-gritty of it (...as with most of the fight in this manga).

Oda does lay down some of the ground work to the rules and laws of his manga.

He's done a very poor job of it.

The abilities in this manga are a clusterf***.

Which just leaves your entire interpretation to be wrong.

I'd say every single interpretation of how things work in the manga are wrong... especially any theories about haki.

it's all just magic that does what ever oda wants it to do. that's why the anime looks the way it does.

oda couldn't explain this stuff with a gun to his head.

animator: boss what is attack suppose to look like
director *in tears* : idk, just make it look cool

albertwv

Reaction score
Country
United States
I forgot Ellenate doesnt listen to reason at all. I will stop arguing with him and I hope the rest of this forum does too. He reminds me of somebody and it is quite suspicious on how Ellenate started showing up AFTER a certain someone left.
Moe was kicked out and then Ellenate came into the forum hmm..
They both bring up nonsense and stick to their guns even after being outnumbered and explained why they were wrong.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Cracker's greatest defense is the biscuits... otherwise, he was outdone in one punch.... He has no resilience..
It didn't take a punch, Luffy got the idea to bounce Cracker back, and Cracker went through several solid objects when he was sent flying.

Fox666

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
y'all latch onto these arguments and just keep repeating them...

If a creator doesn't lay down clear rules for his universe, we (the readers) are free to interpret them however we want.
The creator did made the rules clear: Ace and Aokiji were evenly matched.

It doesn't matter if it convinces you, it's the rules of that universe.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
It didn't take a punch, Luffy got the idea to bounce Cracker back, and Cracker went through several solid objects when he was sent flying.
but it was only one attack right?

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States

That interaction (...rule) saw Ace's attack instantaneous vaporize aokiji's into steam. :ace

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I forgot Ellenate doesnt listen to reason at all. I will stop arguing with him and I hope the rest of this forum does too. He reminds me of somebody and it is quite suspicious on how Ellenate started showing up AFTER a certain someone left.
They both bring up nonsense and stick to their guns even after being outnumbered and explained why they were wrong.
They aren’t the same person. Moe had no reasoning what so ever and bias logic.

Ellenate just had some weird logic, but can reason a bit.

Not sure if you made a typo here.
Ace & Akoji are not equals.
Their clash of DF power are equal.

That interaction (...rule) saw Ace's attack instantaneous vaporize aokiji's into steam. :ace
You are right but wrong.
Ace is not equal to Akoji. Akoji is much stronger physically and with Haki, he’s on several levels above Ace. Even with Overall DF mastery he’s stronger, Akoji fought someone with a stronger Fire DF than Ace. That already is a linear power scale.

The Mera Mera Fruit is = The Hie Hie Fruit

Akoji can use his DF ability at a greater LV than Ace. Have you ever seen Ace ignite the whole Ground? No, But Akoji has frozen As to why he was able to survive a fight against someone with a stronger DF than the Hie Hie & Mera Mera.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
but it was only one attack right?
well no, it was Luffy bouncing Cracker off his body, and Cracker flying through stuff. May be an attack, but not a melee kind of attack.

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States
:wtf

The Mera Mera Fruit is = The Hie Hie Fruit

Just looking at the fruits alone...?

How isn't the mera superior?

Akoji can use his DF ability at a greater LV than Ace. Have you ever seen Ace ignite the whole Ground? No, But Akoji has frozen As to why he was able to survive a fight against someone with a stronger DF than the Hie Hie & Mera Mera.

Huh, has aokiji ever been shown freezing anything other than water with such vigor? :sky

Every time he freezes something big it's been water (or already submerged in water). Which might as well be ace burning a bunch of cottonwood fuzz or lighting someone drenched in gasoline on fire.

As far as Aokiji's ice generation goes, the biggest i recall him making is that bird... while ace was able to generate a mini sun the size of a small island.

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm sure warm steam is doing wonders to Ace's fire
Yes, by acting as insulator. Don't want that heat to dissipate, gotta linger it in the air... nice and toasty :sky

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yes, by acting as insulator. Don't want that heat to dissipate, gotta linger it in the air... nice and toasty :sky
Really?

Why didn't it worked here?

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
cause it was just one attack... though you could argue it sped up the melting *shrug*
I really don't get your logic

Aokiji can decrease the temperature

Ace can increase it

If Aokiji lowered the temperature more than Ace can increase it, Ace would be in trouble, and vice-versa.

It's just a matter of at which rate they can increase/decrease the temperature

According to the manga, they are evenly matched

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States

albertwv

Reaction score
Country
United States
They aren’t the same person. Moe had no reasoning what so ever and bias logic.

I kinda miss Moe, proving him wrong was so fun. I guess this Ellenate guy is the new Moe or Nik, where they have no sound logic and go off by their own imagination.

Anyways, since 99% of us agree that Aokiji > Ace can we move on?
Also, Cracker vs Luffy is somewhat of a complicated fight to judge. We didnt see most of it because Oda did the great off paneling bit. Luffy hit Cracker with one solid good hit that caused Cracker to go through multiple of his hard bisucits, the seducing woods, and a few WCI builidings until crashing onto Whole Cake castle. I think it was the hard biscuit soldiers caused Cracker to lose consciousness. I'm sure Cracker wouldve been able to tank a few of G4 punches.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess he is a troll