Year Round Basketball Thread + NBA Fantasy League

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,843
Reaction score
16,825
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Seems this post is pinned so here are the 2025/26 award predictions that I've received so far! If you haven't sent already then feel free to shoot me your list!

 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Now that ben saga is over, can't wait for his first game in philly hahaha
--- Double Post Merged, Today at 2:16 PM ---
that whole situation illustrate how bad of an agent Rich Paul is
Embiid seeing Ben the next morning at practise:


I think it's finally dawned on him that outside of his Philly, his stock ain't all that; especially on the back of that playoff run. If this is really the end of it, I hope he's prepared for the bollocking the Sixers fans will give him this season. Every single night.

In other news, Nets board announced Kyrie will not play or train until he's fully eligible (vaccinated). I honestly don't think it's beyond Kyrie to decide to just retire. I get where the organisation is coming from, but considering what they're wanting to accomplish, I'd have been happy to just let him play away games.

At the end of the day, I guess they just don't want to deal with the media circus of having him around even for half the season as long as he stands by his choice to not be vaccinated.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
This Sunday should be good for me
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Embiid seeing Ben the next morning at practise:


I think it's finally dawned on him that outside of his Philly, his stock ain't all that; especially on the back of that playoff run. If this is really the end of it, I hope he's prepared for the bollocking the Sixers fans will give him this season. Every single night.

In other news, Nets board announced Kyrie will not play or train until he's fully eligible (vaccinated). I honestly don't think it's beyond Kyrie to decide to just retire. I get where the organisation is coming from, but considering what they're wanting to accomplish, I'd have been happy to just let him play away games.

At the end of the day, I guess they just don't want to deal with the media circus of having him around even for half the season as long as he stands by his choice to not be vaccinated.
It took me a while to process the Nets’ statement this morning (at my place), but I get it now. At first, I thought they were saying they were going with the initial plan of playing him at away games. But good on them for putting their foot down on this matter. If there is anyone we can call a “diva” in the NBA, it’s him. 100%. Even I view Simmons more favorably, because at least he’s not hurting anyone but himself. Even then, his decisions—as dumb as they sound—are more sympathetic than any of Kyrie’s gibberish.

Remember last season’s sabbatical? For reasons unknown when he left the entire organization in the dark? That’s what I’m talking about. This, despite the team’s support, he refused to tell anyone what the hell he was doing. Even if it was for a good cause, then at least have the general courtesy of telling them what’s up. For comparison, Dennis Rodman—I repeat, DENNIS FUCKIN’ RODMAN—at least had the balls to ask Phil Jackson and MJ for a 48 hours sanctioned sabbatical. He didn’t return on time, but at least the courtesy was even there. And yeah, he did skip out on practice at the end of the season, but the score’s 1-0 for Rodman here. Think he made it back in time for the game and balled out, iirc.

Kyrie may be a gifted and talented player, but he’s a horrible teammate. I wouldn’t touch him with a ten-foot pole if I had to as a GM. In the event that I were to sign him, I’d give him a little less than what he’s worth because of how unreliable he is as a person.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
It took me a while to process the Nets’ statement this morning (at my place), but I get it now. At first, I thought they were saying they were going with the initial plan of playing him at away games. But good on them for putting their foot down on this matter. If there is anyone we can call a “diva” in the NBA, it’s him. 100%. Even I view Simmons more favorably, because at least he’s not hurting anyone but himself. Even then, his decisions—as dumb as they sound—are more sympathetic than any of Kyrie’s gibberish.
I don't disagree here at all. He'd have been naive to expect any less from the organisation considering his personal stance. They have to do what is best for the team and their aim to win a championship.

So until his vaccination status changes he'll be docked half his wages, like Simmons was.

They should look to move on from him. Shit, a Simmons-Kyrie trade wouldn't be all that bad to be honest. Sure, probably overall talent-wise it's less of a return but the Nets would have a good defender and point guard. They can do without Simmons' lack of shooting. Sixers would have a point guard who can shoot and still provide for others, but lose some defence.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I don't disagree here at all. He'd have been naive to expect any less from the organisation considering his personal stance. They have to do what is best for the team and their aim to win a championship.

So until his vaccination status changes he'll be docked half his wages, like Simmons was.

They should look to move on from him. Shit, a Simmons-Kyrie trade wouldn't be all that bad to be honest. Sure, probably overall talent-wise it's less of a return but the Nets would have a good defender and point guard. They can do without Simmons' lack of shooting. Sixers would have a point guard who can shoot and still provide for others, but lose some defence.
My thoughts as well. But Kyrie’s so unreliable as a person, so that hurts his stock value more than he thinks. Simmons would be a major upgrade and help shed the Nets’ status as the league’s glass cannon. They would have a Big 3 that’s comparable to Golden State (when healthy). KD and Harden as the twin flamethrowers, and Simmons as the maverick defender and passing Big man as well as complementary pieces.

(Simmons is dreaming if he thinks he’s a No.1 option with the way he plays. He’s at best the No. 3 guy who anchors the defense).
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Honestly though, would Kyrie even be worth it? It just seems to be drama with him almost every season, at least starting from around the end of his stint with the Cavs to now. He really is a bad teammate and a horrible leader, going by the Celtics drama.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,843
Reaction score
16,825
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Scariest team in the east?


Giannis is looking kinda decent from range now too 👀
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
They will won't make it to the finals with Harden there and without Kyrie
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
@goldb
predictions:

coty: Spoelstra
roty: Jalen Green
Champ: Nets
MVP: Doncic
Most improved: SGA
Dpoy: jrue holiday
6MoTY: Tyler Herro
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Guys try to send your predictions before season opener.

@LaGOAT @M3J @Newkerzy
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@SirSamuel016 @Belserion
 

Sho-West

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 13, 2021
Messages
20
Reaction score
25
Age
32
Country
United States
Champ: Brooklyn Nets
MVP: Giannis Antetokounmpo
DPOY: Anthony Davis
ROTY: Cade Cunningham
COTY: Monty Williams
Most improved: Kevin Porter Jr
6MoTY: Patty Mills
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Champions: Nets
MVP: Kevin Durant
DPOY: Rudy Gobert
ROTY: Jalen Green
COTY: Billy Donovan
MIP: Michael Porter Jr
6MOTY: Tyler Herro
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
@goldb
predictions:

coty: Spoelstra
roty: Jalen Green
Champ: Nets
MVP: Doncic
Most improved: SGA
Dpoy: jrue holiday
6MoTY: Tyler Herro
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Guys try to send your predictions before season opener.

@LaGOAT @M3J @Newkerzy
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@SirSamuel016 @Belserion
I did, I think.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,843
Reaction score
16,825
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
@goldb
predictions:

coty: Spoelstra
roty: Jalen Green
Champ: Nets
MVP: Doncic
Most improved: SGA
Dpoy: jrue holiday
6MoTY: Tyler Herro
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Guys try to send your predictions before season opener.

@LaGOAT @M3J @Newkerzy
--- Double Post Merged, ---

@SirSamuel016 @Belserion
I sent mine a month ago lmfao

NBA Champions: Lakers
MVP: James Harden
DPOY: Anthony Davis
6th Man: Jordan Clarkson
ROTY: Cade Cunningham
MIP: Talen Horton Tucker :kappa
COTY: Donovan (getting there with the bulls climbing the East a fair bit)
@goldb
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Find the post please. I'll collate all of them onto a spreadsheet tomorrow.
Honestly, I don't think my choices are that important enough to matter, since I don't watch as much basketball.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,132
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Sending my list tomorrow sorry. Games start Tue anyway.

Draft was really fun.

@LaGOAT you got the first pick LOL
 
Top