Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 521 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 521 Spoilers & Discussion

Jyu viole grace

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
English translated chapter------

Jubei_Kibagami

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been saying this for a while, that the personality is very much like Lesoo's. And it's also really weird that we haven't gotten a glimpse of Cha's group since the fight with Kendrick Dell.

Not to mention that this kind of thing is like Shibisu to do, remember the name hunt station
Exactly! I keep thinking this is a) JUST what Shibisu would do; it's just like him to sneak in, and b) forget people's names/ranks, and c) trip over his own two feet, and d) it's apparently a regular if not just an act.

He's been MIA for a minute, they clearly finished their part of the map a while back, so he's had time to integrate... somehow. Although the LPB just arrived so he'd have to have moved very fast and been waiting at the teleporter.

But if you just imagined Lesoo in the place of the masked regular, it would be a perfect fit.

Ok, this for me is canon
We're just going to have to fill in the blanks themselves - since we get so little.

More on this line of thought:

The Native One had 5 powers - fire, plants, rocks, water, crystal/metal (metal being essentially crystalline in atomic arrangement anyways...).

EVK, Khel, and Rak respectively have shown the first 3. We don't know if there's only one of each in the whole tower, but presumably so since the Native One split into 5 distinct beings. So the original 5 are the strongest, most-pure, and probably what we've seen so far.

So logically we have water and crystal left.

We also know the core of the Nest is the Frozen Waterfall, an unusually dense amount of suspendium. You could almost say it doesn't seem to be naturally-occurring.

Only Zahard and the LPB FH could barely access it as humans (or whatever ToG human equivalent they are). It took workshop tech to even access it.

Seems like it was created, but not by human hands.

Almost as if a giant that could control crystal created it as a fortress (later turned prison?) of sorts.

Almost.

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So lyborick's spear is definitely powerful to get kallavan to dodge but it seems pretty improbable it will connect. I suppose that also plays into lyborick not having a electric spear attribute. This would perhaps also explain a bit of the complexes lyborick allegedly has. Also interesting is that lyborick is still simply imitating a proper spear bearer. And even with an immitated skill he managed to impress kallavan... That is fairly remarkable. I am going to guess that lyborick didn't get any of the primary attributes of either of the families he comes from. As in, only electricity from the khun family and perhaps something else from the po bidao side. I am curious as to what the po bidao do considering they do not appear to have orbs as primary attributes (evidenced by data eduan never having seen an orb at the hidden floor). In any case, if the spear is just a copy that pretty much approximates the real skill then that leaves the question of how hard lyborick can hit when using his actual talents
I understand that Lyborick has the lightning attribute (even because he used it on Lucci's FB), but he isn't able to create a lightning spear like Ran and Maschenny do.

So... aguero and rak can fly even when rankers can't. White must have given them A LOT of power. If they can fly when even rankers can't then odds are the boost they got will torpedo them to ranker level sooner rather than later. I figured they could potentially achieve roughly ranker level before floor 134 due to plot but this is starting to look like they could in a extreme scenario already punch at that level.. or will pretty soon anyways
On the contrary, Orari questions the soldier precisely because a ranker is able to float/fly in shinsoo.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Exactly! I keep thinking this is a) JUST what Shibisu would do; it's just like him to sneak in, and b) forget people's names/ranks, and c) trip over his own two feet, and d) it's apparently a regular if not just an act.

He's been MIA for a minute, they clearly finished their part of the map a while back, so he's had time to integrate... somehow. Although the LPB just arrived so he'd have to have moved very fast and been waiting at the teleporter.

But if you just imagined Lesoo in the place of the masked regular, it would be a perfect fit.

We're just going to have to fill in the blanks themselves - since we get so little.

More on this line of thought:

The Native One had 5 powers - fire, plants, rocks, water, crystal/metal (metal being essentially crystalline in atomic arrangement anyways...).

EVK, Khel, and Rak respectively have shown the first 3. We don't know if there's only one of each in the whole tower, but presumably so since the Native One split into 5 distinct beings. So the original 5 are the strongest, most-pure, and probably what we've seen so far.

So logically we have water and crystal left.

We also know the core of the Nest is the Frozen Waterfall, an unusually dense amount of suspendium. You could almost say it doesn't seem to be naturally-occurring.

Only Zahard and the LPB FH could barely access it as humans (or whatever ToG human equivalent they are). It took workshop tech to even access it.

Seems like it was created, but not by human hands.

Almost as if a giant that could control crystal created it as a fortress (later turned prison?) of sorts.

Almost.
I still have my doubts if Rak is the ancient Earth element fragment or just a DD. Like maybe the fragment is sleeping inside him and or he's going to make it eventually, because it's a lot different than what we saw with Kel HELLam and EvankHELL

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Now I'm also wondering what Lyb's actual rank is.

He implies it's a lot lower than it should or could be.

He's kind of like YHS in that way. Only a CC version and not a ~500 ranking HR.

Oh, this chapter was so good that we at #complainCrew didn't even speak today, that's a milestone in this forum. @Jubei_Kibagami @SuperTurtle
And since we can't complain, complainers can't complain about us complaining either :cookiehand

#complaincrew

On the contrary, Orari questions the soldier precisely because a ranker is able to float/fly in shinsoo.
The implication is that he expected a ranker compatriot, but was given a regular. As in, someone is pretending, and they've been found out to only be a regular. Lesoo - we're in agreement right?

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I understand that Lyborick has the lightning attribute (even because he used it on Lucci's FB), but he isn't able to create a lightning spear like Ran and Maschenny do.

I still have my doubts if Rak is the ancient Earth element fragment or just a DD. Like maybe the fragment is sleeping inside him and or he's going to make it eventually, because it's a lot different than what we saw with Kel HELLam and EvankHELL
I wondee if Rak has a real surname, Rak Hellraiser.

PlotArmouredTitan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I thought Bam wouldn't use his black orb for a while but he used it in this chapter.

And I think that guard is a regular and he must have a role to play.
Bringing out the orb may not be as demanding for him as we think considering he did so without the thorn or his admin horns when White told him of his friends deaths.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hard to tell but consider the silhouette of the OG native one - it's basically Rak's frame, reptilian, when he decompresses.

I wonder what Taro York has up his blouse now that I think of it.

Either way, it's pretty clear that Rak has his powers sealed away but they will come out - as either his as an actual reincarnated (Isekai Rak?) ancient 1/5 being, or as it is sealed inside him a la the HELL powers of EVK/Khel...

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The implication is that he expected a ranker compatriot, but was given a regular. As in, someone is pretending, and they've been found out to only be a regular. Lesoo - we're in agreement right?
Yes, I can see Cha killing the ranker and he stealing this outfit while Hatsu says it's a bad idea.

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States

eh?

Sure, he's not as 'giant' as the EVK/Khell ancient powers, but I think that will come in time. Think how big his rock arms could be...

Yes, I can see Cha killing the ranker and he stealing this outfit while Hatsu says it's a bad idea.
The only way it makes sense... Cha doing the heavy lifting. Or 'Chi' as Sly says...

brzytki

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Maybe he's a Ranker pretending to be a Regular? It's odd that a Regular is here in the first place, unless it's a Maschenny scheme. Even then a Regular among Rankers ... not sure how useful he would be.
He already is. He is stalling Orari as we speak.

PGT

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This is perhaps his best line to date
His best lines are when he calls slayers false gods on the First Wall and another one where he calls Baam weak or sth like that with a creepy face, maniac Kallavan is best Kallavan

Siu needs some new apprentices Kalla arm was all over the place this chapter, there's even a panel without 1 arm

Is that how you're supposed to hold a spear ??

Can't wait to know what Lyb and Kallavan are saying.

And Orari bit is intriguing.
I can't help to think that that dude has the looks of a future ally.

edit

And someone to handle shadows. It's a mess and the lack of them is sometimes really disturbing
The panel where Kallavan grabs the spear shows as if he used his (now gone) right hand, then in the next panel we see him holding with his left arm/hand. And yh afaik you throw a spear with your palm hand facing upwards, not downwards. The choreography of this fight is at Kallavan's levels of logical reasoning

That's exactly what I've been trying to say lol.

Could also explain how Arie Hag Zahard got so strong enough to pass the test on 100F
If it ends up being something along those lines I expect Hon to be ridiculously powerful and for the FHs power level to have a wider gap. Absorbing and using souls is too op, as White has shown. Although there's that part of Gustang mocking White for using that to power himself up. Maybe Hon's deal is even more OP/sophisticated than that. Or Gustang is just being snob and ignorant, I expect him to fall on the trope of "smartass but ultimately not strong enough to conquer the world (relative to FHs, ofc, to the rest of the Tower he's a godlike being)"

It seems odd that Mas would be relying on a regular to be one of the three elite she can trust to get shit done in her stead.
With one of them being Asensio. Talk about a diverse cast

True, a bit weird if you ask me. Considering how the 10 families usually act, I'm surprised they didn't just throw that useless guard away and continue to chase after Bam
Orari best girl already. I too am mind boggled that he didn't just throw or straight up killed that random soldier (which will end up being someone relevant it seems)

this is not going to happen during this arc.
Even assuming that Traumerai is the weakest FH (which has yet to be proven) he slaps all the Nest characters without making any effort.
Baam can't beat him or even face him.
And the "irregular" excuse is not going to fly, it would mess up the whole power scaling and make no sense scripturally.
The reason Baam is still alive is because Traumerai doesn't want to kill him
If Traumerei ends up appearing and curbstomping everyone (or scenes like Luslec barely stalling him) and we get hinted that he's on the weakest part of the FH spectrum the old question of whether there's regulars on the level or that beat the FH/GW will be (almost; probably) settled. Well, Traumerei appearing and we gauging his power against big shots will probably give somewhat of an answer, whether it is that Irregulars are on another level or they can be reached by the strongest Tower borns

Which is funny because I remember some thinking that should be the case and he's undeserving of his title.

Kalla is already using EOB and we haven't even seen Lyb's trump cards or final form.
Edit: lol I'm removing the part where I mocked HJ because it'd just start power levels discussion and I just wanted to make a joke. But it's basically that HJ with his durable skin got destroyed by EoB while Lyb stopped Kallachad punch with one hand

Just had a thought that Hendo can't leave things to chance (to keep making children that have to be absorbed) simply by relying on trick marriages and the like.

As such, and particularly because the FH's seemed to have become cretins, I'm sure he has a breeding farm for the purpose of fathering children against the will of various enslaved women of the tower.

Then, I thought that sure sounds like it could be the Red Light District. Hendo being both the pimp and the 'John' of sorts.

So maybe Zahard used the 'stock' from Hendo's breeding farm to attempt to sire princes, however that actually worked (seemingly by implanting them as surrogates with cloned zygotes).

Dark, I know, but the story is already pretty twisted...
I mean, if the hypothesis you guys were debating last weeks of Eduan banging his own children ends up being correct he's literally banging and loving himself, each iteration becoming more "him-like". Each FH has their own farming methodology going on lol

I thought Bam wouldn't use his black orb for a while but he used it in this chapter.

And I think that guard is a regular and he must have a role to play.
I didn't even understand what Baam did there

Ah, one thing no one is paying attention to, the snake guy sent by the captain, I think he wants the same thing as Maschenny, but the difference is he knows what it is.

And that's the real reason to use Yihwa as a hostage, because just knowing where HJ was would be enough to bargain with Baam. But if they didn't have anything after getting the thing, it would be a loss.

This guy seems to be more capable than Hwa Ryun and Zahard when it comes to seeing the future.
The Boss/Captain feats fate-related are above anything and anyone else shown in this series so far. Although I think it's not him doing that, but a higher being using him as if he were the big deal

Last edited:

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hard to tell but consider the silhouette of the OG native one - it's basically Rak's frame, reptilian, when he decompresses.

I wonder what Taro York has up his blouse now that I think of it.

Either way, it's pretty clear that Rak has his powers sealed away but they will come out - as either his as an actual reincarnated (Isekai Rak?) ancient 1/5 being, or as it is sealed inside him a la the HELL powers of EVK/Khel...
Ah, I totally agree with him becoming the native one in the future, I talk more about whether Rak is a special native DD or just "his fate" was lucky to meet Baam.

I hope he doesn't gain memories or change his personality, like it or not, he's the best character in history.

Anzere1stclass

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
ignition weapons are made from living people who’s souls were put in the weapon, so all the 13 months weapons were people before they became weapons(plus the key to the upper floors)
Yeah it seems like this I don't know if I'm the only one who noticed it but in the flashbacks of garam when she was young we can see her fighting two princess who look strangely a lot like black March and green April

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If it ends up being something along those lines I expect Hon to be ridiculously powerful and for the FHs power level to have a wider gap. Absorbing and using souls is too op, as White has shown. Although there's that part of Gustang mocking White for using that to power himself up. Maybe Hon's deal is even more OP/sophisticated than that. Or Gustang is just being snob and ignorant, I expect him to fall on the trope of "smartass but ultimately not strong enough to conquer the world (relative to FHs, ofc, to the rest of the Tower he's a godlike being)"
The reality? I can't believe anything the Gudtang talks about when it comes to other people who aren't irregular. He is very arrogant and appears to have a very large inferiority complex, his history with Blossom says a lot about that. We'll probably have a plot of him saying he's not a prodigy like his friends and getting frustrated by it. And maybe that's why he hates V, who might not be as skilled as he is, Mae grew up to become Zahard's rival.

Anzere1stclass

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
From the wiki, so take this for what it's worth:

"The Ghost of the 13 Months is the soul of the first person who once failed the initial selection process to become a Princess of Zahard. As a result, it resents the chosen Princesses, and so it made a deal with King Zahard to infiltrate into the spirits of the 13 Months in order to torment the other Princesses."

Seems kind of a jealousy-based grudge to me?
While she was in yuri body she said that her real grudge is not really towards the princess but something else

AM21

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, read the translation.. Lots of fun tidbits there...

So lyborick's spear is definitely powerful to get kallavan to dodge but it seems pretty improbable it will connect. I suppose that also plays into lyborick not having a electric spear attribute. This would perhaps also explain a bit of the complexes lyborick allegedly has. Also interesting is that lyborick is still simply imitating a proper spear bearer. And even with an immitated skill he managed to impress kallavan... That is fairly remarkable. I am going to guess that lyborick didn't get any of the primary attributes of either of the families he comes from. As in, only electricity from the khun family and perhaps something else from the po bidao side. I am curious as to what the po bidao do considering they do not appear to have orbs as primary attributes (evidenced by data eduan never having seen an orb at the hidden floor). In any case, if the spear is just a copy that pretty much approximates the real skill then that leaves the question of how hard lyborick can hit when using his actual talents.

So... aguero and rak can fly even when rankers can't. White must have given them A LOT of power. If they can fly when even rankers can't then odds are the boost they got will torpedo them to ranker level sooner rather than later. I figured they could potentially achieve roughly ranker level before floor 134 due to plot but this is starting to look like they could in a extreme scenario already punch at that level.. or will pretty soon anyways.

As for the voice... Dang, another powerup for bam? I hope this is more akin to a trap.
Flying wise I just think it’s a skill you learn for example I doubt the sleepy dude was more poweful than Rankers in season 1 so them being able to fly does not mean they are as poweful as Rankers.
I do think we need a fight with them to properly see how much stronger they’ve gotten

PGT

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The reality? I can't believe anything the Gudtang talks about when it comes to other people who aren't irregular. He is very arrogant and appears to have a very large inferiority complex, his history with Blossom says a lot about that. We'll probably have a plot of him saying he's not a prodigy like his friends and getting frustrated by it. And maybe that's why he hates V, who might not be as skilled as he is, Mae grew up to become Zahard's rival.
That would be a great lore and character development for Gustang. Since @Jubei_Kibagami (I think it was you) posted a pic of Harry (Potter), Hermione and Ronny I thought about Gustang as a Snape-like character. To me it looks like he's set up to eventually fail and have a scene where he's injured, laying on the ground, dropping his ego barrier and being sincere, reminiscing about things, regrets, et cetera

Anzere1stclass

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Now I'm also wondering what Lyb's actual rank is.

He implies it's a lot lower than it should or could be.

He's kind of like YHS in that way. Only a CC version and not a ~500 ranking HR.

And since we can't complain, complainers can't complain about us complaining either :cookiehand

#complaincrew

He said that for centuries he has worked in the shadows it has always been shown that those who work in the shadows are more powerful than those in the light the fact that he was like adori right hand and also that siu himself said that Lyborick is very powerful his true rank in power could be like top 60/50

That would be a great lore and character development for Gustang. Since @Jubei_Kibagami (I think it was you) posted a pic of Harry (Potter), Hermione and Ronny I thought about Gustang as a Snape-like character. To me it looks like he's set up to eventually fail and have a scene where he's injured, laying on the ground, dropping his ego barrier and being sincere, reminiscing about things, regrets, et cetera
I think zahard could be more a Snape like character

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
The panel where Kallavan grabs the spear shows as if he used his (now gone) right hand, then in the next panel we see him holding with his left arm/hand. And yh afaik you throw a spear with your palm hand facing upwards, not downwards. The choreography of this fight is at Kallavan's levels of logical reasoning
Yeah, I'd have expected him to use his energy-hand to catch it, but I suppose his real hand works as well considering EoB gives him near-impenetrable skin. Although, yeah, SIU choreography as of late is a bit much.

Hey, maybe he doesn't gain anything from it other than he just likes to dine on their souls because he can. lol

If Traumerei ends up appearing and curbstomping everyone (or scenes like Luslec barely stalling him) and we get hinted that he's on the weakest part of the FH spectrum the old question of whether there's regulars on the level or that beat the FH/GW will be (almost; probably) settled. Well, Traumerei appearing and we gauging his power against big shots will probably give somewhat of an answer, whether it is that Irregulars are on another level or they can be reached by the strongest Tower borns
That debate will never be settled. We'll forever hear about Baek, Macseth, Adori, Luslec, Molec, etc being never enough to bridge the gap.

Even if we saw Adori kick a hole into Tperie's chest (only for it to insta-heal due to immortality), some would never accept it.

I mean, if the hypothesis you guys were debating last weeks of Eduan banging his own children ends up being correct he's literally banging and loving himself, each iteration becoming more "him-like". Each FH has their own farming methodology going on lol
But, that's fairly true.

- we KNOW Hendo has to do something like this, using his kids willingly or not to keep his life up... seems like something he wouldn't leave up to chance.
- Zahard uses princesses to keep the tower residents from complaining too much, and they are pretty disposable
- princes from the RLD seem to be unacceptable and live a shameful existence
- Eduan fucking everything and the hints at possible (probable?) incest scream child abuse
- Arie's are said to comprise Hon's sword. That could very well simply be both literal and figurative

It's not out of character to imagine what Hendo does is somehow systematic and farmable in a despicable way.

Even when Lyb talks about his false ranking, SIU won't even tell us what it actually is, or could be. Typical.

#complaincrew is back, baby!

PGT

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
He said that for centuries he has worked in the shadows it has always been shown that those who work in the shadows are more powerful than those in the light the fact that he was like adori right hand and also that siu himself said that Lyborick is very powerful his true rank in power could be like top 60/50
But then Kallavan wouldn't be able to handle Lyb. SIU even brought the "exhausted card" already. Not that that shouldn't happen, but FUG's team at the main portal is already the underdog and things are set to become even worse since more enemies can appear through the portal. Kallavan losing to Lyb + more powerhouses coming through that portal would be very over the top