Games Mafia Game 102 - Genswap Impact: End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Guys i got dragged to a family reunion (someone new born) by my mom so I won't be active anymore
If u need sth tag me as i could pull my phone sometimes but I can't backread anymore
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Mhm, not yet caught up fully - but the more I think about this plan, the more I'm questioning it. The idea is nice - but considering not everyone is agreeing with this, isn't it harder to figure out what happened if a swap failed? Like there could be a block, multiple people swapping with 1 person (despite the pairings). It just seems a bit messy.
Perhaps I'm missing something, that's possible
I knew you‘d come around later :heh Your posts of mild agreeing at first were setting up for later „I don‘t like it and didn‘t swap anyone“.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I see you Marmalade!
--- Double Post Merged, ---

No, I don't know Marma, she always plays like that and she seemed genuinely up to trade roles.
Haha no way you say this with the posts she made Evil wtf
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
One real mafia with a lot of traitors would render the concealed identity mechanics largely irrelevant, because only the original mafia would be "safe" while they know all the people they recruited.
What are the odds that the traitors get recruited during the first 3 nights though? And if they remain unrecruited, they’ll act as passive third parties for the rest of the game and try to play the psychological game. It does sound farfetched , but I wouldn’t put it behind Panda. It was just a thought though :lambirb, but there’s definitely something we don’t know.
 

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,912
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands
I knew you‘d come around later :heh Your posts of mild agreeing at first were setting up for later „I don‘t like it and didn‘t swap anyone“.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I see you Marmalade!
--- Double Post Merged, ---



Haha no way you say this with the posts she made Evil wtf
I still like the plan, I just don't see it working out like proposed. Am willing to try it out actually, but I do think we got to consider it's just not a perfect plan.
And if you are going to go "Oh I knew you'd say that" again, I'll slap you with a pancake. 😔
(Or worse, make them and not share!)
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Haha no way you say this with the posts she made Evil wtf
Honestly, I don't know, then she fooled me. But perhaps for you it's also losers bias? I kind of feel like she always plays like this so no idea. Granted, I also didn't pay close attention to all other 20 players today.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Evil said he doesn't care about winning and wants to end the game ASAP but @GrySun @James Rye are you the same? You don't care if you end up becoming Red/Blue as long as Town wins?



No.
Sure, this mechanic is basically immortal pirate, lol. Except if you get targeted by a kill action ofc. XD
Basically you confirm your target was a mafia with your swapping action, just instead of dying like you do with pirate you stay alive until you get lynched by your ex-friends with tears in their eyes as they remember your sacrifice while your targets wipes off the sweat from their forehead to have dodged the bullet. XD

Skimmed through a bit.

I’m fine with swapping, but I honestly doubt the hosts didn’t anticipate this. There’s probably a catch but no need to worry about things we don’t know.

Secondly, if allegiances can really change, I don’t think things will be as smooth as most are thinking.

Scenario 1 two greens swap with each other. I assume there’s no confirmation other than the fact that they would remain with their roles? They both need to admit this and they it’ll be a trusted pair

Scenario 2- one green swaps with a red. In this case, allegiances flip. The red turned townie now knows a mafia. He will need to admit he was mafia before since the green turned scum is unlikely to do. Obviously doesn’t matter much but the green who was hunting/confirming gets sacrificed? I mean in the grand scheme, town should overall come on top but how do people feel about this? Not soo much catching mafia as seppeku.
So you're fine with me and you double swapping? Cool, cool, keeps your role then, I stick to mine then.
@Evil3ye Yo, Holt and me target one another, k?

Also need to consider blocks/deaths will not help with confirmation. So if nothing happens, it’s also possible to misinterpret that
Yeah, but like that's 2 pairs, 3 at worst if there is a blue as well. So we get a lots of townies confirmed with both saying they swapped or saying the swap didn't happened. Though with double swap I am a bit unsure how to pinpoint the difference. @GrySun You and Shad wanted the double swap so how do we know we actually swapped and not that it failed when we end up with our old roles?

Also need to consider that if somehow two scum are paired in the list, they can just lie. Imo, it’s worth noting that the mechanic would be more helpful in potentially finding scum (via flipped weapons) than confirmations. Nonetheless, I agree that orderly swapping in pairs is best.
Yeah, I considered that for Evil and Gaj until I remembered that scum doesn't know each other yet. So if they were accidentally put together they wouldn't know until they were to confirm on pirate pad. Meaning they would have to give info about their names and so on which is risky in a swapping game. So they would lie without knowing one another, big risk.

Available greens could you please agree with each other? Sam is already sleeping but said generally yes to anyone.

@AwkwardMisha @James Rye @MarmaladeSky @Tatsumaki

and sorry in that list shinobi is already taken.
Since Holt is on board I take him.

I'll be on the computer and catch up more soon, but it seems there's a switching plan being cooked up.

Just to be clear though, my role isn't a valuable one, to say the least, but if Sam wants it, he can have it. So, my mind may change once I review things more, but I'm fine with the switch right now.

Anyhow, !votekill James for now.

I'll be back in a bit.
Eh, cool by me. If I were to die nothing of value is lost for town.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Cringe, town Shad is more toxic than this

Shad is not a static player, changes every game.
I get the feeling their is more to this than not being toxic, is it the Civ Game D2 lynch, that the only time I remember lynching you gotta do my research later when I have time but if this is systematic shad aggression, expect consistent retaliation.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Updated List by intention:
Generally yes and available, generally yes and paired, generally no, no clear intention yet formulated

AsakoAwkwardMisha
BrandishCrescent Jinx
DemonspeedErinyes
Evil3yeGajeel
GBGrySun
HoltJames
LambuMarmalade
Shadshinobi
SirSamuelSonOfDaws
TatsumakiVandred
gnut

Paird friend list
Asako (targets)shinobi
Shad (targets)GrySun (targets)
Brandish (targets)Crescent Jinx (targets)
Evil3ye (targets)Erinyes
Paird friend list
Asako (targets)shinobi
Shad (targets)GrySun (targets)
Brandish (targets)Crescent Jinx (targets)
Evil3ye (targets)@Erinyes btw do you like to keep your role and target me too, or not?
James (targets)@Holt (pls confirm)

@MarmaladeSky @Tatsumaki @AwkwardMisha get someone paired up!
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
votekill Asako
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
What are the odds that the traitors get recruited during the first 3 nights though? And if they remain unrecruited, they’ll act as passive third parties for the rest of the game and try to play the psychological game. It does sound farfetched , but I wouldn’t put it behind Panda. It was just a thought though :lambirb, but there’s definitely something we don’t know.
Yeah the hosts don't seem panicked that we are flipping the table. I would already be scrambling to adjust the rules. So yeah sneaky hosts likely think everything is fine, so we'll still need to play proper MG most likely.
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan

Shad is not a static player, changes every game.
I get the feeling their is more to this than not being toxic, is it the Civ Game D2 lynch, that the only time I remember lynching you gotta do my research later when I have time but if this is systematic shad aggression, expect consistent retaliation.
no you are
 

AwkwardMisha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 29, 2021
Messages
19
Reaction score
702
Country
Akatsuki

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Messages
2,373
Reaction score
12,912
Gender
Female
Country
Netherlands

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@GrySun You and Shad wanted the double swap so how do we know we actually swapped and not that it failed when we end up with our old roles?
2 outcomes:
1. No notification -> you both kept your roles -> you are both town. Ofc mafia can block a guy trying to swap with a mafia, but they can't do that for everyone, so we get a large quantity of confirmed pairs ideally.
2. Notification of changed role -> one of the 2 in the pair tricked the other and decided to swap someone else, or they got blocked, or one was a mafia. This one will give lots of info for tomorrow.

No notification is still fine.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
@GrySun You and Shad wanted the double swap so how do we know we actually swapped and not that it failed when we end up with our old roles?
There is also the case where one of the 2 is mafia and he blocks the other to fake the swap.
Another option is for mafia to kill the one they are supposed to trade with.

In the hoe case, you could figure it out if you have a role that you can use to confirm if you have been blocked or no.
If you don't, it gonna be hard to detect, but they should be only be 1 hoe and 1 kill? so only 2 out of 10 pairs will be compromised, that a good step forward.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
There is also the case where one of the 2 is mafia and he blocks the other to fake the swap.
Another option is for mafia to kill the one they are supposed to trade with.

In the hoe case, you could figure it out if you have a role that you can use to confirm if you have been blocked or no.
If you don't, it gonna be hard to detect, but they should be only be 1 hoe and 1 kill? so only 2 out of 10 pairs will be compromised, that a good step forward.
It's panda gaem (sorry @Farfalla @Copy Panda :uguu) for what we know they could all be five mafia escorts to defend themselves against these cases. I would never assume it's a classical mafia setup with such mecha, sorry.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top