omo! but in fake spanish
I knew you‘d come around laterMhm, not yet caught up fully - but the more I think about this plan, the more I'm questioning it. The idea is nice - but considering not everyone is agreeing with this, isn't it harder to figure out what happened if a swap failed? Like there could be a block, multiple people swapping with 1 person (despite the pairings). It just seems a bit messy.
Perhaps I'm missing something, that's possible
Your posts of mild agreeing at first were setting up for later „I don‘t like it and didn‘t swap anyone“.--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Haha no way you say this with the posts she made Evil wtfNo, I don't know Marma, she always plays like that and she seemed genuinely up to trade roles.
What are the odds that the traitors get recruited during the first 3 nights though? And if they remain unrecruited, they’ll act as passive third parties for the rest of the game and try to play the psychological game. It does sound farfetched , but I wouldn’t put it behind Panda. It was just a thought thoughOne real mafia with a lot of traitors would render the concealed identity mechanics largely irrelevant, because only the original mafia would be "safe" while they know all the people they recruited.
I still like the plan, I just don't see it working out like proposed. Am willing to try it out actually, but I do think we got to consider it's just not a perfect plan.I knew you‘d come around laterYour posts of mild agreeing at first were setting up for later „I don‘t like it and didn‘t swap anyone“.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I see you Marmalade!
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Haha no way you say this with the posts she made Evil wtf
Honestly, I don't know, then she fooled me. But perhaps for you it's also losers bias? I kind of feel like she always plays like this so no idea. Granted, I also didn't pay close attention to all other 20 players today.Haha no way you say this with the posts she made Evil wtf
Sure, this mechanic is basically immortal pirate, lol. Except if you get targeted by a kill action ofc. XDEvil said he doesn't care about winning and wants to end the game ASAP but @GrySun @James Rye are you the same? You don't care if you end up becoming Red/Blue as long as Town wins?
No.
So you're fine with me and you double swapping? Cool, cool, keeps your role then, I stick to mine then.Skimmed through a bit.
I’m fine with swapping, but I honestly doubt the hosts didn’t anticipate this. There’s probably a catch but no need to worry about things we don’t know.
Secondly, if allegiances can really change, I don’t think things will be as smooth as most are thinking.
Scenario 1 two greens swap with each other. I assume there’s no confirmation other than the fact that they would remain with their roles? They both need to admit this and they it’ll be a trusted pair
Scenario 2- one green swaps with a red. In this case, allegiances flip. The red turned townie now knows a mafia. He will need to admit he was mafia before since the green turned scum is unlikely to do. Obviously doesn’t matter much but the green who was hunting/confirming gets sacrificed? I mean in the grand scheme, town should overall come on top but how do people feel about this? Not soo much catching mafia as seppeku.
Yeah, but like that's 2 pairs, 3 at worst if there is a blue as well. So we get a lots of townies confirmed with both saying they swapped or saying the swap didn't happened. Though with double swap I am a bit unsure how to pinpoint the difference. @GrySun You and Shad wanted the double swap so how do we know we actually swapped and not that it failed when we end up with our old roles?Also need to consider blocks/deaths will not help with confirmation. So if nothing happens, it’s also possible to misinterpret that
Yeah, I considered that for Evil and Gaj until I remembered that scum doesn't know each other yet. So if they were accidentally put together they wouldn't know until they were to confirm on pirate pad. Meaning they would have to give info about their names and so on which is risky in a swapping game. So they would lie without knowing one another, big risk.Also need to consider that if somehow two scum are paired in the list, they can just lie. Imo, it’s worth noting that the mechanic would be more helpful in potentially finding scum (via flipped weapons) than confirmations. Nonetheless, I agree that orderly swapping in pairs is best.
Since Holt is on board I take him.Available greens could you please agree with each other? Sam is already sleeping but said generally yes to anyone.
@AwkwardMisha @James Rye @MarmaladeSky @Tatsumaki
and sorry in that list shinobi is already taken.
Eh, cool by me. If I were to die nothing of value is lost for town.I'll be on the computer and catch up more soon, but it seems there's a switching plan being cooked up.
Just to be clear though, my role isn't a valuable one, to say the least, but if Sam wants it, he can have it. So, my mind may change once I review things more, but I'm fine with the switch right now.
Anyhow, !votekill James for now.
I'll be back in a bit.
Cringe, town Shad is more toxic than this
Paird friend listUpdated List by intention:
Generally yes and available,generally yes and paired, generally no, no clear intention yet formulated
AsakoAwkwardMisha BrandishCrescent JinxDemonspeed ErinyesEvil3yeGajeel GB GrySunHolt James Lambu Marmalade Shadshinobi SirSamuel SonOfDaws Tatsumaki Vandred gnut
Paird friend list
Asako (targets) shinobi Shad (targets) GrySun (targets) Brandish (targets) Crescent Jinx (targets) Evil3ye (targets) Erinyes
| Asako (targets) | shinobi |
| Shad (targets) | GrySun (targets) |
| Brandish (targets) | Crescent Jinx (targets) |
| Evil3ye (targets) | @Erinyes btw do you like to keep your role and target me too, or not? |
| James (targets) | @Holt (pls confirm) |
Yeah the hosts don't seem panicked that we are flipping the table. I would already be scrambling to adjust the rules. So yeah sneaky hosts likely think everything is fine, so we'll still need to play proper MG most likely.What are the odds that the traitors get recruited during the first 3 nights though? And if they remain unrecruited, they’ll act as passive third parties for the rest of the game and try to play the psychological game. It does sound farfetched , but I wouldn’t put it behind Panda. It was just a thought though, but there’s definitely something we don’t know.
no you areDiscussion - Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread
Scheduling I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games. For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day...mangahelpers.com
Shad is not a static player, changes every game.
I get the feeling their is more to this than not being toxic, is it the Civ Game D2 lynch, that the only time I remember lynching you gotta do my research later when I have time but if this is systematic shad aggression, expect consistent retaliation.
Oh that sounds great!I'll slap you with a pancake.![]()
Oh that not sound great..(Or worse, make them and not share!)
Paird friend list
Asako (targets) shinobi Shad (targets) GrySun (targets) Brandish (targets) Crescent Jinx (targets) Evil3ye (targets) @Erinyes btw do you like to keep your role and target me too, or not? James (targets) @Holt (pls confirm)
@MarmaladeSky @Tatsumaki @AwkwardMisha get someone paired up!
I'm fine with any pairingPaird friend list
Asako (targets) shinobi Shad (targets) GrySun (targets) Brandish (targets) Crescent Jinx (targets) Evil3ye (targets) @Erinyes btw do you like to keep your role and target me too, or not? James (targets) @Holt (pls confirm)
@MarmaladeSky @Tatsumaki @AwkwardMisha get someone paired up!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Sure!

2 outcomes:@GrySun You and Shad wanted the double swap so how do we know we actually swapped and not that it failed when we end up with our old roles?
There is also the case where one of the 2 is mafia and he blocks the other to fake the swap.@GrySun You and Shad wanted the double swap so how do we know we actually swapped and not that it failed when we end up with our old roles?
It's panda gaem (sorry @Farfalla @Copy PandaThere is also the case where one of the 2 is mafia and he blocks the other to fake the swap.
Another option is for mafia to kill the one they are supposed to trade with.
In the hoe case, you could figure it out if you have a role that you can use to confirm if you have been blocked or no.
If you don't, it gonna be hard to detect, but they should be only be 1 hoe and 1 kill? so only 2 out of 10 pairs will be compromised, that a good step forward.
) for what we know they could all be five mafia escorts to defend themselves against these cases. I would never assume it's a classical mafia setup with such mecha, sorry.