Games Mafia Game 102 - Genswap Impact: End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfDaws

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
897
Reaction score
4,978
Gender
Male
Country
Tartaros
@Shad Had church and it's Father's Day, but I'm home now. I'll probably start on a classic Text-O-Wall

I don't usually try focusing in on the exact team compositions until later in the game, but GB stands out to me as a rogue sort of character. I feel like the spiciness of a role SK or SS seems like Farf and Panda's style for this sort of game, but when I think about his more playful townie and his more serious mafia behavior, his postings this game seem more townie than mafia while his actions strike me as more guilty than not. A nice target for investigative roles (surely we have a couple more around).

Beyond him, MArGi still stands out, but I'd put more money on mafia than a solo TP since an AFKer solo TP is fairly textbook and they wouldn't have as much social pressure to switch out if they can't actively play much.

Among the current vanilla townies, I think it's a pretty safe bet to say one of them is either sleeper or outright scum. Something else worth investigating.

Anyhow, I won't have time to post my thoughts on the whole player roster before the day ends, but I'll be writing that.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,680
Reaction score
61,391
Gender
Male
Country
France
What is strange is you using GB as a shield.
I've lynched that dude before for being the most obvious scum and he was town.
You should know better than to think he follows normal playing patterns.
You should also know better than to lynch a hoe or spy, while other obvious scum are available for lynching.
Add to that missing kill N1, who would target Tatsumaki N1 (claims BP)? So until we know that the TP isn't a mentor there is no need to rush him.

Scum trying to hide behind DD and GB is nothing new.
I am not sure what you are trying to teach me here. All games are different, you said it yourself. And I am the first to claim that I can't read Lawl at all. I want to confirm certain things regarding my own role and actions.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I am not sure what you are trying to teach me here. All games are different, you said it yourself. And I am the first to claim that I can't read Lawl at all. I want to confirm certain things regarding my own role and actions.
So we had a hoe that is a lover, GB is second hoe.
Escort said they will block their partner's swap.

GB said he didn't swap with Gajeel .
Gajeel died N1.
GB could have claimed to have swapped with Gajeel, since Gajeel is dead and Swap is P4 it would lead to the same outcome.

Yet he didn't.

Therefor his behavior / actions are different from the escort behavior / actions.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
A proper deduction can only follow a thorough examination of all the possibilities in play, the opposite of that is tunnel vision. I tried to list all those that could make sense to me, even if I don't see them as the most plausible explanation. I've done the mistake of tunnel-visioning on the most simple-looking solution a number of times before, I'd rather not keep repeating those mistakes if I can help it.
Fair point, but you did not voice how unlikely it truly was until you were pointed at for it. To me it seemed like dropping seeds of distrust to see a way out.
Besides for making an extensive analysis you forgot a crucial point that later brought Erin.

From what I remember Evil always claimed having been a Pirate who didn't do anything, right? So the assumption that Bran was the target comes from believing their version of the events. If they were both mafia, Evil would have targeted Cres directly, and would have little to gain from contradicting them if he wasn't planning on antagonizing half the mafia from the get-go. I could also be remembering wrong though.

It's still one of the possibilites that I consider the least likely to have happened since it would have required peak luck and coordination - not to suggest that Bran and Cres wouldn't be capable of it, but their whole exchange felt genuine to me.
Evil was most definitely M.Recruiter and its a fact Cres became Mason at the end of N1, which means she swapped with someone that was recruited (Brandish), Said Brandish could only have been recruited if he was a mafia mason himself and Erin/shino said there was no Mafia Mason in their N1 talk afaik.

Maybe Im just biased and expect you to not overlook this stuff, with you being the goat and all :lambirb but it did not sit well with me, poor reasoning to follow scum for such an "elaborated post", so poor you diluted it right after a two quick exchanges.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Reading Demon's posts with Zhongli's voice in mind is strangely soothing
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Fair point, but you did not voice how unlikely it truly was until you were pointed at for it. To me it seemed like dropping seeds of distrust to see a way out.
Besides for making an extensive analysis you forgot a crucial point that later brought Erin.
Daws also followed the same tactic at the beginning of the day.
Tried to say that Erin was sus and he coudn't explain why that is,

Maybe mafia agreed to this strategy in their night pad?

It a very bad strategy but maybe they were desperate?

Or could be just a way to participate without pointing finger at each other.

Even if we tell them it wrong, it counts as participation.

Just a wild guess to explain good players making bad moves.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Yeah its weird, but at the same time Daws doesn't fall into the scum possibility either, Tatsu is, so its extra confusing :/
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,680
Reaction score
61,391
Gender
Male
Country
France
I guess it's a waste of time to focus on Lawl especially now. Asako's death is inevitable at this point. Depending on what happens next NP it should be easier to find out who is lying.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Yeah its weird, but at the same time Daws doesn't fall into the scum possibility either, Tatsu is, so its extra confusing :/
The 3 way swap + death miller is too much for my brain to understand, I need a GIF animation showing how the interaction can work xD

I'm just going with the general consensus that he is green.

I guess it's a waste of time to focus on Lawl especially now. Asako's death is inevitable at this point. Depending on what happens next NP it should be easier to find out who is lying.
Yes, even tomorrow, until TP is found.
Who can be a TP in your opinion demon?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,680
Reaction score
61,391
Gender
Male
Country
France
The 3 way swap + death miller is too much for my brain to understand, I need a GIF animation showing how the interaction can work xD

I'm just going with the general consensus that he is green.



Yes, even tomorrow, until TP is found.
Who can be a TP in your opinion demon?
Right now, James or Lambu IMO.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Right now, James or Lambu IMO.
James is acting like his role isn't important, I don't have experience but isn't that a common way to play TP?
Lambu didn't swap and he seem to be willing to hunt mafia, so he isn't mafia but TP?

My guess to why you said those 2.
What are your reasons?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,680
Reaction score
61,391
Gender
Male
Country
France
James is acting like his role isn't important, I don't have experience but isn't that a common way to play TP?
Lambu didn't swap and he seem to be willing to hunt mafia, so he isn't mafia but TP?

My guess to why you said those 2.
What are your reasons?
Because he is acting as if his role isn't important he could kill freely. As for Lambu it's because his hints don't seem to suggest that his role is something Mafia would fear much?
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
James if you are town, tomorrow you have a high chance of being lynched, so start actually hunting.
I don't believe that mafia targetted you just because of a vote, in the end it was a PM sent by the rookie so he could have targetted anybody.
But scum won't consider this point and will use you as shield.
Meh, not a big lose. If I were to die, I die plain townie and go "haha, told you so". At least this way we don't lynch someone with an actual good townie role. If we got that many even left with so many vanilla claims. :/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Anyway, good night, cya all next day phase~
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,641
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I am not sure what you are trying to teach me here. All games are different, you said it yourself. And I am the first to claim that I can't read Lawl at all. I want to confirm certain things regarding my own role and actions.
Confirm which things? Were you blocked?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,641
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Does anyone know if shinobi mentioned which mafia role she had?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Why Demonspeed? Because he’s lying low?
His whole playstyle doesn't look right to me. Very selective which arguments/discussions he joins, and careful with his wordings.

How many vanilla claims are we up to?

james, van,sons, Lambu, and then Sam?
Vand, James and Samuel, I think. Daws never claimed his role afaik. He had vanilla at some point, but swapped into Sam's role.
 

Shad

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
275
Reaction score
3,962
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Meh, not a big lose. If I were to die, I die plain townie and go "haha, told you so". At least this way we don't lynch someone with an actual good townie role. If we got that many even left with so many vanilla claims. :/

James comment after winning a game as mafia.

This defeatist behaviour is calculated.
The fact he isn't trying to accuse anybody from the non swappers means he could be mafia and not TP.

TP would be able to find targets easily to focus on tomorrow instead of playing the kill me and regret it card.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,641
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
For something to thread his "results"? I swear you are making so many bad questions for the sake of rethoric, lame.

I'll decide when I want to claim, maybe Demon, Marm and I have reasons to not disclose things, he's looking shady but less than Van imo.

Also ngl I wish I was in your custom mafia group, sounds like it would be mighty strong and fun. :lambirb
What does that mean? He wants his target(Lambu) to confirm/deny being blocked? Again how does that stall for time when he gave us role and targets. I swear you are being inconcise on purpose.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Fair point, but you did not voice how unlikely it truly was until you were pointed at for it. To me it seemed like dropping seeds of distrust to see a way out.
Besides for making an extensive analysis you forgot a crucial point that later brought Erin.
poor reasoning to follow scum for such an "elaborated post", so poor you diluted it right after a two quick exchanges.
That's because I thought it made sense to everyone else as much as it did to me. That's been brought up as one of my faults in the past, so point taken.

The "crucial point" is an oversight on her part and yours:

Evil was most definitely M.Recruiter and its a fact Cres became Mason at the end of N1, which means she swapped with someone that was recruited (Brandish), Said Brandish could only have been recruited if he was a mafia mason himself and Erin/shino said there was no Mafia Mason in their N1 talk afaik.

Maybe Im just biased and expect you to not overlook this stuff, with you being the goat and all :lambirb but it did not sit well with me,
In this scenario, Cres would be the Mafia Mason, Brand would be any mafia role. Evil would have targeted Cres, no swap happened. Cres is now in Erin's Mason team. Brand took the chance to make up the story that he didn't target anyone to clear both Cres and himself.

Both Erin and shino said they didn't remember the whole role list in the first place, then there's always the possibility that the original mafia lied about their roles. I honestly fail to see how it's impossible - or rather, none of the points brought up have proved it to me - and as I've now repeated several times over, the list was meant to include anything that is even remotely possible.



Fair point, but you did not voice how unlikely it truly was until you were pointed at for it. To me it seemed like dropping seeds of distrust to see a way out.
^ The "both are mafia" scenario would have to imply that Evil, the MR, sniped the Mafia Mason Brandish before the swap with teammate Cres, only for them to claim contradictory roles afterwards.
Extremely unlikely as things stand, much more inclined to see both as trustworthy townies.
That's right there in the list. I must say I did not expect I'd spend the better part of today arguing about a possibility that's at the bottom of my list (literally, even '3' ) merely for pointing out it exists at all, and that that one mention, declaring outright how little I thought it was plausible, would be seen as casting shade so much.
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,084
Gender
Female
Country
France
Suddenly everyone accuses everyone of being vague and avoidant on purpose.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top