Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
Four Knights Of The Apocalypse #6
The volume covers are usually not very good with Nakaba but I like this one a lot. Definitely my favorite for this series so far. The previous one would have been good too if it was less cluttered.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
Nice! I thought it would have both Tristan and Gawain on the cover but with Solo Lancelot on V7 I guess V9 will be Solo Gawain and then Solo Percival.
 

Yakkun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
4,344
Reaction score
4,228
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Damn, Tristan's outfit always throws me off, his yellow coat reminds me soo much of Estarossa
 

Jdmp53

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2018
Messages
912
Reaction score
1,228
Age
28
Country
Gotei 13
Nice! I thought it would have both Tristan and Gawain on the cover but with Solo Lancelot on V7 I guess V9 will be Solo Gawain and then Solo Percival.
solo percy?..don't think so since he's already got one and in vol4 and we might get all 4 KOA in one after gawain with jericho and galanscylla?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
solo percy?..don't think so since he's already got one and in vol4 and we might get all 4 KOA in one after gawain with jericho and galanscylla?
I could be wrong of course but when I see a Solo Lancelot cover followed by a Solo Tristan one I can't help but think that's what he is trying to do. It's not like characters can't get more than one of these.

I don't think that a Solo Lancelot cover was fitting for V7 but we got one. V8 ends with the Nephilim chapter so it includes their resurrection + Gawain's introduction along with Tristan. Honestly I expected a Tristan-Gawain cover similar to V1 which had both Percival and Lancelot(as Sin).

Nakaba's covers are usually not great IMO especially when there are several characters on them but the two recent ones have been pretty good.
 
Last edited:

Brim787

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2020
Messages
300
Reaction score
323
Age
26
Country
United States
I think it’ll go ..

9. Gawain
10. The 4 Knights
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
Since it's a volume cover I guess blue is her official eye color? It was green on her first colored cover page.
 

Mighty Escanor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
710
Reaction score
2,188
Country
Winterfell
Four Knights Of The Apocalypse #9
I actually expected to see Gawain's full armor in the background, but this Sun is something else.

A similar design was used for the Sun Sword in Master of the Sun side story from Rising Impact manga. It's also reminiscent of Escanor's buckles.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Since it's a volume cover I guess blue is her official eye color? It was green on her first colored cover page.
Green eyed Gawain was cute, but after seeing this cover art, I find blue eyed Gawain even lovelier!
 

Yakkun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
4,344
Reaction score
4,228
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Man, this volume cover is fucking SENDING ME


step on me, Gawain-sama

I wonder what the deal with the changing eye colours is. Wasn't that the same thing with Perci before? Make up your mind on the colour scheme, Nakaba/assistants/editors! It's confusing, especially when some vague fan theories are banking on such minor details lol
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
Man, this volume cover is fucking SENDING ME


step on me, Gawain-sama

I wonder what the deal with the changing eye colours is. Wasn't that the same thing with Perci before? Make up your mind on the colour scheme, Nakaba/assistants/editors! It's confusing, especially when some vague fan theories are banking on such minor details lol
I think Percival's eye color has always been purple on the volume covers. Cover pages are where his eyes are sometimes green.
 

Yakkun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
4,344
Reaction score
4,228
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think Percival's eye color has always been purple on the volume covers. Cover pages are where his eyes are sometimes green.
So, I assume different people are responsible for the colouring works, then? (If this is old news, I apologize, I honestly never paid much attention to that). That, or Nakaba is going senile sometimes.


Both might be true, actually.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,374
Gender
Male
Country
France
So, I assume different people are responsible for the colouring works, then? (If this is old news, I apologize, I honestly never paid much attention to that). That, or Nakaba is going senile sometimes.


Both might be true, actually.
I think there was a Q&A recently where he said he chooses colors which he believes fit the character or something. While there are some changes on cover pages probably depending on his mood(they won't be in color in the volume release anyway) I believe the colors on volume covers should be seen as official.

At least he has been consistent with Percival.
 
Top