One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread
​

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

  • For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

  1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,288
Reaction score
24,922
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Curious if Luffy would have won if he was alone. Was Nami necessary for the plan? I know he told her to stop using water to soften up the biscuits.
I would argue that luffy probably would have lost without nami's support. Without nami he wouldn't have been able to eat the cracker soldiers to begin with. Which was instrumental to him becoming fat and being able to bounce off cracker. And we saw cracker had the speed and power to handle gear 4 in CQC. Between cracker's insanely high combat ability and his unlimited cracker army he is at best a bad matchup for luffy at that point who ran out of juice quite quickly. Even with nami's support the fight lasted more than 8 hours. Without nami luffy runs out of hai and gets overwhelmed eventually.
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Curious if Luffy would have won if he was alone. Was Nami necessary for the plan? I know he told her to stop using water to soften up the biscuits.
He would have won somehow, IMO. Nami was a convenience.

If there's anything Kaido, Katakuri, Lucci, Crocodile, Moriah, and Doflamingo show, it's that the stars will align for Luffy to win. He also tends to get more serious when the situation is more dire. Since most of the fight was off-screened we don't really know how the entire 11 or whatever hours went for Luffy, but I assume once he figured out Nami could "soften" the biscuits, so he could eat them, he got way more goofy and ridiculous and less focused on winning (like he was with Kaido / Katakuri).
 

LaGOAT

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
3,043
Reaction score
3,675
Age
32
Country
United States
Like honestly, answer or its bullying.

This goes also to the people who liked that post.
@Lobo @Barrier @grey matter @XXGenesis
For one that’s how I speak by putting lol

2. I’m confused on the ranking with adding WG,marines,straw hats etc and then the throne tier/new world tier stuff but that’s just me

3. I didn’t say u put any effort on making the ranking it’s just confusing on ur tiering in general idk how this is bullying but u need to get out of ur feelings bro for real
 
Last edited:

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,580
Reaction score
10,155
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
Like honestly, answer or its bullying.

This goes also to the people who liked that post.
@Lobo @Barrier @grey matter @XXGenesis
The tiers naming was kinda weird and too many characters are involved, which is where the confusing part comes in lol.

Then there are the disagreements I have with the list: Many characters in a tier that aren't actually in the same tier, characters who are placed in a tier below what they should be, characters who we can't place anywhere because they lack both feats and portrayal.


I can't go through them all since that's too much, but some examples.
- I can't see Roger/prime-WB and BM/Oden in the same tier. Roger flicked away Oden, from seeing how BM fights I can see her giving a mid diff to Roger/prime-WB.
- King/Katakuri and Jack/Cracker are not in the same tier. Like, the former would low diff the latter.
- Base Cat/Dog were able to fight Jack equally for 12 hours indicating that they are all relative. Kyoshiro and Shutenmaru are outright portrayed to be stronger than Jack. Yet they four are placed in a tier below the likes of Jack and Katakuri.
- Characters like Kuma are complete wildcards, we know nothing of them (feats or portrayal) to rank them somewhere.


But anyway, I can appreciate the effort trying to powerscaling like a 1000 characters
 

Fallou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
1,403
Reaction score
1,871
Gender
Male
Country
France
I posted this list continously here for a while. It is not made up. The basis is the marine ranks, which are based on power. However, I accounted in the fact, that Blue Marines are ranked three ranks below their HQ counterparts in terms of strenght. I also accounted in the rapid succesion promotion of certain characters impliying them to be (sometimes) above their ranks, this pretty much is for the Smoker and Koby groups. Because several characters now ended up in a bracket different from their in-story rank, I renamed the tiers with fitting terms for a general hierarchy.

Next, I looked into the story: Jango is both a Marine and and East Blue Villain! Ranking East Blue villains is easy game, so from there on I could start touching everything. Ranking characters within an organization is easy, ranking the Straw Hats at different times and in comparison to their villains is easy, etc etc.

There is a lot of method behind this, what still isn't in this list is not so easy anymore:

Charlotte Family is loads of work collecting loads of one panel feats and in story hype. But first I need to place Lola, who is from Thriller Bark, which is also loads of work for the same reason. Carrot/Wanda and thus the entire Mink tribe except the elite are dependent on the placement of the Charlottes, thus most aren't placed either, etc, etc.

But I am like 99% done with pre-TB One Piece (Merrry times), so I can do Thriller Bark and then WCI and little bit here and there, done!

Edit: The salt is coming mostly from the wording claiming this to be the most confusing ranking, added with a lol, even though I took great effort to make this as less confusing as it could be for such a large list.
Personally I disagree with your list but I admire the patience it takes to even do one.
 

Lord Traffy Law

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 27, 2018
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
3,519
Age
31
Country
United Kingdom
The tiers naming was kinda weird and too many characters are involved, which is where the confusing part comes in lol.

Then there are the disagreements I have with the list: Many characters in a tier that aren't actually in the same tier, characters who are placed in a tier below what they should be, characters who we can't place anywhere because they lack both feats and portrayal.


I can't go through them all since that's too much, but some examples.
- I can't see Roger/prime-WB and BM/Oden in the same tier. Roger flicked away Oden, from seeing how BM fights I can see her giving a mid diff to Roger/prime-WB.
- King/Katakuri and Jack/Cracker are not in the same tier. Like, the former would low diff the latter.
- Base Cat/Dog were able to fight Jack equally for 12 hours indicating that they are all relative. Kyoshiro and Shutenmaru are outright portrayed to be stronger than Jack. Yet they four are placed in a tier below the likes of Jack and Katakuri.
- Characters like Kuma are complete wildcards, we know nothing of them (feats or portrayal) to rank them somewhere.


But anyway, I can appreciate the effort trying to powerscaling like a 1000 characters
Roger used a named attack to send a much weaker oden flying aware it wasn’t a flick , roger wasn’t messing around
Oden (shutenmaru was within his ballpark before his leave , by the time of his return , oden was much much stronger than all the much improved scabbards combined at the time of his death)was much much stronger by the time of his death and again literally portrayed to be of similar level as roger/WB/shanks at the time of his death , yeah he’s the weakest but still. A monster
No one mid diffing big mum. Kid and law really used environment to defeat big mum , they threw her down a hole and an explosion took her out , she’s got the second toughest hide in the show and 2 forms of advanced haki
Strong Agree on king and Kata being way way stronger than jack and cracker
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
For one that’s how I speak by putting lol

2. I’m confused on the ranking with added WG l,marines,straw hats etc and then the throne tier/new world tier stuff but that’s just me

3. I didn’t say u put any effort on making the ranking it’s just confusing on ur tiering in general idk how this is bullying but u need to get out of ur feelings bro for real
I sorted them by affiliation so you don't have to look at a list that looks like a huge block of Ababos and Bubidus, I get most people aren't much aware about all the miniscule extra characters and that way you can find the important characters more easily. Plus, as more and more characters will join the Straw Hats, it will narrow down into a nice comparison of the major forces soon enough.

The tiers naming was kinda weird and too many characters are involved, which is where the confusing part comes in lol.

Then there are the disagreements I have with the list: Many characters in a tier that aren't actually in the same tier, characters who are placed in a tier below what they should be, characters who we can't place anywhere because they lack both feats and portrayal.


I can't go through them all since that's too much, but some examples.
- I can't see Roger/prime-WB and BM/Oden in the same tier. Roger flicked away Oden, from seeing how BM fights I can see her giving a mid diff to Roger/prime-WB.
- King/Katakuri and Jack/Cracker are not in the same tier. Like, the former would low diff the latter.
- Base Cat/Dog were able to fight Jack equally for 12 hours indicating that they are all relative. Kyoshiro and Shutenmaru are outright portrayed to be stronger than Jack. Yet they four are placed in a tier below the likes of Jack and Katakuri.
- Characters like Kuma are complete wildcards, we know nothing of them (feats or portrayal) to rank them somewhere.


But anyway, I can appreciate the effort trying to powerscaling like a 1000 characters
I was trying to find fitting names since YC1 stuff never made much sense, so I thought since there's three different seas so conquer, that would be the best names, besides I added typically video game ladder terms. Throne is because above those is the Red Line holding the Empty Throne, the series is about becoming Pirate King, Doflamingo spoke about a Throne War, and these are the people that have a shot, power-wise.

They are stronger but what does it matter. Two deceased characters don't make up a tier.

It is not about who is stronger within each tier, you can make countless subdivisions everywhere if you want, in the end you get 1,2,3,4,5 that's not desirable.
Dog/Cat cannot beat Jack without Sulong. Neither Ashura or Denjiro is much stronger or weaker then them, they don't even have many feats to begin with. I don't know how you can infer Ashura Doji is stronger than Jack from 1 cut.

Jack is basically like a gearcheck encounter he has a massive hp bar, absuletely massive, and you either bring the dps before he turns yours to zero or you lose.

It makes no sense to construct a Tier out of one character, "Jack Tier", and all this YC subdivion stuff never made much sense to begin with in an universe with 1000+ characters.

It is really based on can you beat everyone below and would you lose to everyone above. That way you actually also see how miniscule the difference between Katakuri and Jack is, because the number of characters that can beat either is quite small and it's only a handful more for Jack.
 

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,580
Reaction score
10,155
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
Roger used a named attack to send a much weaker oden flying aware it wasn’t a flick , roger wasn’t messing around
Oden (shutenmaru was within his ballpark before his leave , by the time of his return , oden was much much stronger than all the much improved scabbards combined at the time of his death)was much much stronger by the time of his death and again literally portrayed to be of similar level as roger/WB/shanks at the time of his death , yeah he’s the weakest but still. A monster
No one mid diffing big mum. Kid and law really used environment to defeat big mum , they threw her down a hole and an explosion took her out , she’s got the second toughest hide in the show and 2 forms of advanced haki
Strong Agree on king and Kata being way way stronger than jack and cracker
Bro, we've gone through the Oden thing a thousand times and you keep repeating this. I just don't get it.
Oden was 5 years with WB, and already had most of his growth. Unless you meant to say he didn't grow with WBP for 5 years and all his growth was in less than one year with Roger pirates....
I'd agree he is Yonko level. Just that Roger and prime Whitebeard are a level above that

As for BM, yeah she has great durability and physical strength, but her combat skills are lacking. Having two of the three advanced haki doesn't mean much other than that they are strong above a floor level, current Zoro has them and nobody is gonna argue he's same tier as BM... there are levels to haki.
Let's see how strong Akainu turns out to be. Prime WB >> Old WB (out of meds) >= Akainu, this is manga canon. If Akainu turns out to be a God in the upcoming arc, that elevates prime-WB and Roger just by association.
 

Lord Traffy Law

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 27, 2018
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
3,519
Age
31
Country
United Kingdom
Bro, we've gone through the Oden thing a thousand times and you keep repeating this. I just don't get it.
Oden was 5 years with WB, and already had most of his growth. Unless you meant to say he didn't grow with WBP for 5 years and all his growth was in less than one year with Roger pirates....
I'd agree he is Yonko level. Just that Roger and prime Whitebeard are a level above that

As for BM, yeah she has great durability and physical strength, but her combat skills are lacking. Having two of the three advanced haki doesn't mean much other than that they are strong above a floor level, current Zoro has them and nobody is gonna argue he's same tier as BM... there are levels to haki.
Let's see how strong Akainu turns out to be. Prime WB >> Old WB (out of meds) >= Akainu, this is manga canon. If Akainu turns out to be a God in the upcoming arc, that elevates prime-WB and Roger just by association.
Yeah but big mum could again split the skies
Anyhow I blame how big mum is viewed with how Oda undermined in comparison to other yonkou
 

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Edit: The salt is coming mostly from the wording claiming this to be the most confusing ranking, added with a lol, even though I took great effort to make this as less confusing as it could be for such a large list.
Just my opinion (presenting data in a way that isn't confusing is part of my day job), but I find it to be really confusing mostly due to the amount of data.

This medium, a text-based post on a forum, is not the correct way to present something like that, for a few reasons:
  • 21 tiers, especially since we really only have 10 arcs (if we consider relative arcs part of over-arching ones. For instance, Whiskey Peak being part of Arabasta)
  • Some of the tier names are confusing. Throne Tier vs. Throne Challenger? From your post I can see that Throne Tier is above "Throne Challenger", but multiple characters appear throughout both lists. Even with clarifying information about how the list works, it's not visually pleasing or easy to follow
  • Redundancy - the whole pv thing seems to add unnecessary noise to the list
  • I can't figure out what the bolding of specific text is for
  • Order within affiliation-sorted placement in the tiers - does it matter?
  • Inconsistencies in abbreviations - collapsing Big Mom / Beast Pirates, but I don't really get why
  • The limitation of only using text is a big one
It's your list so do it however you like, but I don't think people are wrong to be confused. It makes sense to you because you made it. It's not really the right medium for a gigantic list. It'd almost be better to make a graph and link to it from here, because text is just.. ugly.
 

grey matter

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 4, 2019
Messages
6,580
Reaction score
10,155
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
India
Yeah but big mum could again split the skies
Anyhow I blame how big mum is viewed with how Oda undermined in comparison to other yonkou
Yeah, but all that proves is that BM has conqueror's haki relative to Kaido's, and has enough conqueror's haki to split the sky.

You just need a floor of conqueror's haki to split the sky. At this point, it is pretty much confirmed that Shanks' conqueror's haki is on a different level from Kaido/BM/Luffy.
Yet, he also split the sky with old WB (in meds). Point being, sky split doesn't mean everyone capable of splitting the sky has relative conqueror's haki. It just means:
- you and your opponent have relative conqueror's haki
- your conqueror's haki is above the floor required for sky to split


As for the stats, sky split isn't indicative of combat stats at all. It is just indicative of relative conqueror's haki. Base Luffy split the sky with Kaido too. Yet (IMO):
Kaido > G5 Luffy > G4 Luffy >> base Luffy.


Lastly, to just address the Oden thing again.
Obviously me saying Roger would flick away Oden was an exaggeration. It was a named attack and Oden did tank it, but we see later that Roger is capable of far superior attacks as seen with his clash against WB.
I can see Oden giving Roger a mid-high diff, but Roger would be the clear winner after a somewhat tough fight.
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Just my opinion (presenting data in a way that isn't confusing is part of my day job), but I find it to be really confusing mostly due to the amount of data.

This medium, a text-based post on a forum, is not the correct way to present something like that, for a few reasons:
  • 21 tiers, especially since we really only have 10 arcs (if we consider relative arcs part of over-arching ones. For instance, Whiskey Peak being part of Arabasta)
  • What should the number of story arcs have to do with the number of tiers? Now that is confusing. You'll have to find a number of tiers that seems fit to represent what is presented in-world. This is just the Marine ranks, which indeed go from chore boy to Fleet Admiral, so what better system to use than them?

  • Some of the tier names are confusing. Throne Tier vs. Throne Challenger? From your post I can see that Throne Tier is above "Throne Challenger", but multiple characters appear throughout both lists. Even with clarifying information about how the list works, it's not visually pleasing or easy to follow
    This is pretty much video game terms. What do you mean multiple characters appear through both lists? (pv) indicates a previous version of a character, the character no longer is like that.

  • Redundancy - the whole pv thing seems to add unnecessary noise to the list
    Nah, apparently not seeing how you are already confused by multiple entries of the same character.

  • I can't figure out what the bolding of specific text is for
    Bold characters have feats, unbolded are estimates, though I have thought about swapping this to normal text for feats and cursive for estimates, cursive is barely visible in this media though.

  • Order within affiliation-sorted placement in the tiers - does it matter?
    No, why should it matter?

  • Inconsistencies in abbreviations - collapsing Big Mom / Beast Pirates, but I don't really get why
    Because they are allied in the plot and last time we saw their leaders they got blown up by hot magma the alliance hasn't been disbanded yet.

  • The limitation of only using text is a big one
    It is not worth the effort at all to do this with pictures. The medium for a list is text. I don't really see how it is that difficult to access. Yes, it is my own text, thus navigating through is easier for me, however you could also just use the search function to look for a specific character.
I seperated everything into blocks that roughly go along with story progress from top down, I sorted everything so that characters currently involved in the story are placed high up within each tier...I don't think there is much more that can be done from my part here beyond sorting them by alphabet, too, which I sooner or later will probably do... but I think a large part also comes down to a lack of time willing to be spent on this, which wouldn't change had I changed the medium.
 

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
  • What should the number of story arcs have to do with the number of tiers? Now that is confusing. You'll have to find a number of tiers that seems fit to represent what is presented in-world. This is just the Marine ranks, which indeed go from chore boy to Fleet Admiral, so what better system to use than them?
I'm not suggesting you explicitly correlate tiers to arcs.

Building tier lists is essentially a form of clustering. That basically means you pick several "average" points on a graph, and you assign nodes to them iteratively based on distance to that point until you achieve some level of convergence. So for your typical tier list, there are 5 to 6 "clusters." Beyond that and you lose a lot of meaning in the data. Having 21 clusters / tiers would be considered high dimensionality given the size of the data set, and you'd typically want to lower it. There are plenty of academic papers out there that can be applied to this in the current context. Even something way more complicated like classifying European Ancestry uses 8 clusters.



  • This is pretty much video game terms. What do you mean multiple characters appear through both lists? (pv) indicates a previous version of a character, the character no longer is like that.

  • Nah, apparently not seeing how you are already confused by multiple entries of the same character.

  • Bold characters have feats, unbolded are estimates, though I have thought about swapping this to normal text for feats and cursive for estimates, cursive is barely visible in this media though.

  • No, why should it matter?

  • Because they are allied in the plot and last time we saw their leaders they got blown up by hot magma the alliance hasn't been disbanded yet.

  • It is not worth the effort at all to do this with pictures. The medium for a list is text. I don't really see how it is that difficult to access. Yes, it is my own text, thus navigating through is easier for me, however you could also just use the search function to look for a specific character.
I seperated everything into blocks that roughly go along with story progress from top down, I sorted everything so that characters currently involved in the story are placed high up within each tier...I don't think there is much more that can be done from my part here beyond sorting them by alphabet, too, which I sooner or later will probably do... but I think a large part also comes down to a lack of time willing to be spent on this, which wouldn't change had I changed the medium.
I mean, even you yourself commented:

Some updates. The below is mostly for me to not get confused.
Which seems to indicate that you, as the creator of this tier list, are at risk of being confused by it.

If you want to defend this structure then have at it. I'm not going to waste time arguing with you about it. I'm a data scientist in the real world, and a large part of my job includes presenting data. I know a thing or two about how to identify poorly presented data.
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm not suggesting you explicitly correlate tiers to arcs.

Building tier lists is essentially a form of clustering. That basically means you pick several "average" points on a graph, and you assign nodes to them iteratively based on distance to that point until you achieve some level of convergence. So for your typical tier list, there are 5 to 6 "clusters." Beyond that and you lose a lot of meaning in the data. Having 21 clusters / tiers would be considered high dimensionality given the size of the data set, and you'd typically want to lower it. There are plenty of academic papers out there that can be applied to this in the current context. Even something way more complicated like classifying European Ancestry uses 8 clusters.
So first people complain they cannot understand it because there are too few clusters, now you are telling me there are too many.
In order to pick "average points" on a graph, you first need to find out what those points are and for that I used the marine ranks which results in the 21 tiers I have now. I could crunch it further but for that to even be possible, I would need to have gathered all data first, which is not the case yet and not even possible.

Which seems to indicate that you, as the creator of this tier list, are at risk of being confused by it.

If you want to defend this structure then have at it. I'm not going to waste time arguing with you about it. I'm a data scientist in the real world, and a large part of my job includes presenting data. I know a thing or two about how to identify poorly presented data.
"mostly for me"=This is just notes.

Now if you have looked at the content of these notes, you would have seen that they are in alphabetical order, it's also always male characters first, then female up till a certain point where it is only female characters. It ends with me saying I have finished the female characters...

I use the wikia to assemble all characters.

I don't get confused by my own list, but I cannot memorize 1000+ characters. Only around 80% of them I guess, so I use the wikia to quickly fill it up but have to keep track where I have already been.

The only reason why I share this part with others is because once done only few characters will remain down there like the Roger Pirates, Heart Pirates or Kid Pirates that were named in SBS and should be strong, I can maybe comment on a rough placement in a finalized list.
 

albertwv

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2019
Messages
865
Reaction score
797
Age
30
Country
United States
Not going to lie but I just scroll through @McNuss list. It is toooooooooooooo long with characters that nobody either knows, remembers, or cares about. Please stop.
Your ranking also makes no sense. You use Zolo (ashura, shisui) as a power level category for Zolo . You also placed Page One below Pre TS characters. Page One isnt that weak wth.
Dont include all 1000 one piece characters.

Btw, I still place Kaido > Gear 5 Luffy.
My yonko rankings: Kaido > Shanks > Big Mom > Blackbeard > Gear 5 Luffy. Obviously there is still much of a small gap between each. I fully agree 100% that Kaido can still defeat Gear 5 Luffy just like Big Mom can still defeat Kid and Law.
Both Yonko lost due to circumstances.
Kaido had to fight nonstop strong characters and won all those rounds until the very last. B
Big Mom lost due to a volcano explosion that was NOT directly associated with Law's power. Even after she fell off from Onigashima, Big Mom was conscious and still capable of fighting. I don't count the basement bomb explosion and the volcano explosion in the fight since both were incurred outside the fight. Before you go and defend Law, think about this scenario. WB uses his Quake DF and creates a tsunami that hits Akainu. Akainu who cant swim or blast a whole tsunami wave, dies. Does that mean WB >>>> Akainu? Although I do believe WB > Akainu, I'll give you another example.
Say Moriah gets the Quake DF and creates a tsunami over Akainu. Does that mean Moria > Akainu?
Law was somehow able to call forth a volcano explosion but doesnt necessarily mean it is his innate power strength. Not only that, but Big Mom had to be certain cirumstances for her to fall into the volcano crater.
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Not going to lie but I just scroll through @McNuss list. It is toooooooooooooo long with characters that nobody either knows, remembers, or cares about. Please stop.
No, I won't. I wanted to do this for a long time and now I am doing it. I am tired of having to explain myself thousands of times either, so its great if I can have a complete list to refer to.

It hasn't been a good argumentation of mine when I told people to keep their Dragon Ball glasses off or that they are inflating everything like with their perceived inbetween arc power-jumps, or that the monster trio doesn't even exist for large parts of the story, if I have nothing to back that up.

Your ranking also makes no sense. You use Zolo (ashura, shisui) as a power level category for Zolo . You also placed Page One below Pre TS characters. Page One isnt that weak wth.
Dont include all 1000 one piece characters.
I don't want to discuss Zoro vs Sanji Jinbe v Sanji any YC 12345 stuff either anymore that's completely boring and also makes no sense at the stage of the story we are at anymore.

Ashura and Shusui were seperate power-ups for Zoro but I am arguing that there isn't much of a difference in strenght between either variant of Zoro because there isn't, the Haki in Shusui wasn't his and Yubashili wasn't a bad sword either.

Page One is a fat lizard he doesn't have anything special going on for him, several pre-skip characters can lay him. He was even mocked for not cutting it in the Tobi Roppo meeting, clearly he is below all the others.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
All characters are sorted by their current affiliation.
  • Throne Tier
    • (wg)Im, Monkey D. Garp, Sakazuki, Shirahoshi
    • (rhp)Shanks
    • (bb)Kuzan, Marshall D. Teach (post skip)
    • (shp)Monkey D. Luffy (Awakening)
    • ----
    • (?)Charlotte Linlin (&Napoleon, Prometheus, Zeus/Hera), Kaido
    • (pv) Sengoku (pre skip)
    • (†)Edward Newgate, Gol D. Roger, Kozuki Oden, Rocks D. Xebec
  • Throne Challenger Tier
    • (wg)Issho, Aramaki, Borsalino, Sengoku (post skip), Kong
    • (bb) Shiryu (Suke Suke No Mi)
    • (shp)Roronoa Zoro (Wano Arc), Yamato, Zunesha
    • (ra)Sabo (Mera Mera No Mi)
    • (hp)Trafalgar Law (Awakening)
    • (kp)Eustass Kid (Awakening)
    • (kj)Silvers Rayleigh
    • (spx)Marco
    • ----
    • (pv)Marshall D. Teach (Gura Gura No Mi), Monkey D. Luffy (Advanced Haki), Bartholomew Kuma

  • New World Diamond Tier
    • (wg)Tokikake, Gion, Tensei, Sentomaru, Magellan
    • (shp)Vinsmoke Sanji (Wano Arc), Jinbe, Inuarashi (Sulong), Nekomamushi (Sulong)
    • (kp)Killer (post skip)
    • (bmbp)Charlotte Katakuri, Charlotte Cracker, King, Queen, Jack, Charlotte Smoothie
    • (dqxf)Donquixote Doflamingo
    • ----
    • (?)Vista, PX-0
    • (pv)Marshall D. Teach (start), Shiryu (no DF), Monkey D. Luffy (post skip), Roronoa Zoro (post skip), Nightmare Luffy, Sabo (no DF), Trafalgar Law (post skip), Eustass Kid (post skip), Jozu (Two-Armed)
    • (†)Portgas D. Ace
  • New World Platinum Tier
    • (wg)Momonga, Comil, Smoker (post skip), Tsuru, John Giant, Guernica
    • (bb)Jesus Burgess (post skip)
    • (shp)Inuarashi, Nekomamushi, Franky (post skip), Shishilian (Sulong), Denjiro
    • (cg)Crocodile (Marineford)
    • (oap)Scratchmen Apoo(post skip)
    • (ftp)Capone Bege (&Firetank Pirates, post skip)
    • (lg)Dorry, Brogy
    • (bmbp)Charlotte Perospero, Charlotte Snack, Count Niwatori, Ulti, Who's Who
    • (dqxf)Pica
    • ----
    • (?)Pekoms (Sulong), Jozu (one-armed)
    • (pv)Vinsmoke Sanji (Raid Suit), Gecko Moria (&Oars)
    • (†)Vergo, Jaguar D. Saul, Oars, Little Oars Jr., Maha, Izou, Ashura Doji
  • New World Gold Tier
    • (wg)Stainless, Cancer, Mozambia, Onigumo, Doberman, Strawberry, Yamakaji, Lacroix, Lonz, Dalmatian, Bastille, Nazu Ketagari, Draw, X Drake (post skip), Kyros, Stussy
    • (shp)Shishilian, Bartolomeo, Cavendish (&Farul), Sai (Don Sai), Nami (Zeus Tact), Tony Tony Chopper (Rumble Upgrade), Nico Robin (post skip), Brook (post skip), Fuga, Blackback (Sulong), Roddy (Sulong), Giovanni (Sulong), Concelot (Sulong)
    • (g66)Caesar Clown
    • (g)Enel
    • (bmbp)Charlotte Oven, Charlotte Daifuku, Sasaki, Black Maria (&Wanyudo)
    • (dqxf)Diamante, Trebol
    • ----
    • (?)Basil Hawkins (post skip), Pekoms
    • (pv)Rob Lucci (&Hattori, pre skip), Roronoa Zoro (Ashura, Shusui), Monkey D. Luffy (Gears), Vinsmoke Sanji (post skip), Chinjao (head flattened), Trafalgar Law (pre skip), Eustass Kid (pre skip), Viscount Hiyoko, Hody Jones (second overdose)
    • (†)Pedro
  • New World Silver
    • (wg)Sicily, Akehende, Catacombo, Hina (post skip), T Bone (post skip), Maynard, Koby (post skip), Sadi
    • (shp)Ideo, Blackback, Roddy, Giovanni, Concelot
    • (cbp)Caribou
    • (bmbp)Page One, Inbi, Zanki, Jaki, Goki, Rokki, Nangi, Hatcha, Kunyun, Juki
    • (dqxf)Gladius, Dellinger, Lao G
    • ----
    • (?)Gecko Moria, Kadar
    • (pv)X Drake (pre skip), Smoker (pre skip), Hannyabal (pre skip), Roronoa Zoro (Iron Cutting, Flying Sword Slashes), Nami (Wukong Tact), Tony Tony Chopper (post skip), Sai (start), Chinjao (head restored), Crocodile (start), Baron Tamago, Hody Jones (overdose), Hyouzou (overdose)
    • (†)Monet
  • New World Bronze
    • (wg)Daigin, Yarisugi, Brannew (Post-Timeskip), Tashigi (post skip), Jabra, Minotaurus, Minokoala, Minorhinoceros, Minozebra, Minochihuahua, Pacifista
    • (shp)Usopp (post skip, CoO), Baby 5, Bellamy (post skip), Hajrudin, Chinjao (head broken), Blue Gilly, Babanuki
    • (cg)Daz Bones
    • (kj)Boa Marigold, Boa Sandersonia
    • (cbp)Coribou
    • (sky)Viper
    • (-)Chadros Hygelyges (Crocotaur), Bobby Funk, Kelly Funk (&Bobby Funk)
    • (bmbp)Holed'em(&Kamijiro), Scotch
    • (dqxf)Senor Pink, Machvise, Sugar
    • ----
    • (?)Basil Hawkins (pre skip), Sheepshead, PX-1
    • (pv)Kaku (pre skip), Nico Robin (pre skip), Roronoa Zoro (Loguetown Swords), Monkey D. Luffy (start), Vinsmoke Sanji (Diable Jambe), Nami (post skip), Tony Tony Chopper (start), Hody Jones, Hyouzou
    • (†)Absalom, Ryuma (Zombie), Bobbin, PX-4, PX-5, PX-7

  • New World Challenger Tier
    • (wg)Very Good, Shu, Sharinguru, Gorilla, Helmeppo (current), Pell, Chaka, Dalton, Blueno, Kalifa, Fukurou, Kumadori, Gedatsu, Kureha
    • (shp) Gambia, Suleiman, Abdullah, Jeet, Boo, Briscola, Daifugo, Speed, Hamlet, Mizerka, Poker, Leo, Stansen, Road, Goldberg, Gerd
    • (cg)Buggy (Muggy Balls), Alvida (slim)
    • (kj)Ran, Daisy, Cosmos, Rindo, Blue Fan, Marguerite (Post-Timeskip), Sweet Pea (Post-Timeskip), Aphelandra (Post Timeskip)
    • (-)Perona
    • (bmbp)Dobon, Solitaire, Fourtricks
    • (dqxf)Buffalo
    • (fp)Foxy, Big Pan
    • (ap)Arlong
    • ----
    • (?) Satori, Shura (&Fuza), Aum (&Holy), Ginrummy
    • (pv)Hina (pre skip), T Bone (pre skip), Wapol (Royal Armory), Vinsmoke Sanji (start), Roronoa Zoro (start), Nami (Perfect Clima Tact), Bellamy (pre skip), Usopp (Sogeking), Franky (start), Brook (pre skip), Chadros Hygelyges (pre skip), Ikaros Much, Zeo, Dosun, Daruma
  • Paradise Diamond Tier
    • (wg)Wanze, Tank Lepanto, Wapol, Kokoro, Paulie
    • (shp)Gazelleman, Kabu, Bian
    • (cg)Galdino
    • (kj)Kikyo, Belladonna, Enishida, Nerine, Poppy, Pansy, Kiku, Shion
    • (sky)Braham, Kamakiri
    • (spc)Zala, Babe (&Lassoo), Drophy, Marianne
    • (sya)Shojo
    • (nkl)Bentham
    • (-)Hatchan, Kelly Funk
    • (bmbp)Batman, Mouseman, Alpacaman, Madilloman, Caimanlady, Sarahebi, Nure-Onna, Tenjo-Sagari, Gifters
    • (dqxf)Giolla
    • (fp)Capote(&Monda), Pickles
    • (ap)Kuroobi, Chew
    • (krp)Krieg, Gin
    • (bcp)Kuro
    • ----
    • (?)Yama, Sarquiss, Nero, Chessmarimo
    • (pv)Usopp (Dials), Nami (Clima Tact), Buggy (start), Marguerite (pre skip), Sweet Pea (pre skip), Aphelandra (pre skip), Hammond (&Slave Tank)
    • (†)Donquixote Rosinante
  • Paradise Platinum Tier
    • (wg)Fullbody (post skip), Jango (post skip), Igaram, Jerry, Tilestone, Peepley Lulu, Zambai
    • (shp) Bomba, Rampo
    • (sky)Genbo
    • (spc)Gem, Mikita
    • (sya)Masira
    • (fp)Hamburg
    • (nfp)Hammond, Harisenbon
    • (mp)Macro
    • (krp)Pearl
    • (-)Kyuin
    • ----
    • (pv)Chess, Kuromarimo, Usopp (start), Buchi (hypnotized)
    • (†)Pudding Pudding
  • Paradise Gold Tier
    • (wg)Nezumi, Zotto, Kiwi, Mozu
    • (shp)Flapper, Bobomba, Maujii, Nubon, Pellini, Inhel, Cotton, Wicca, Baxcon, Daikon, Chao, Eikon, Chicory, Tarara
    • (cg)Cabahji
    • (sky)Raki, Conis (&Su)
    • (fp)Porche
    • (nfp)Kasagoba, Bombardment Squad, Iron Shell Squad, Sea Urchin-Armor Spine Squad, Deadly Poison Squad
    • (ap)Pisaro, Kaneshiro, Take, Shioyaki
    • (mp)Tansui, Gyaro
    • (-)Morgan, Momoo
    • ----
    • (?)Hotori, Kotori, Mr. 6, Miss Mother's Day
    • (pv)Fullbody (pre skip), Jango (pre skip), Nefertari Vivi (&Karoo, pre skip), Mohji (&Richie, pre skip)
  • Paradise Silver Tier
    • (wg)Ripper, Stalker, Octopako, Junan, Papaneel, Kairiki Destroyers
    • (shp)Gancho, Grabar, Mansherry
    • (sky)Yotsubane, Mayushika, Warashi, Shandia Warriors, Divine Soldiers, McKinley
    • (bmbp)Pleasures
    • (bcp)Buchi
    • (-)Mr. 7, Miss Father's Day
    • ----
    • (pv)Alvida (fat)
  • Paradise Bronze Tier
    • (wg)Makko
    • (bcp)Sham
    • (sky)White Berets, Divine Squad, Moyle
    • (-)Mr. 9, Miss Monday
    • ----
    • (pv)Tashigi (pre skip)

  • Paradise Challenger Tier
    • (bmbp)Waiters, Massui, Pudos, Iributsu, Donannoyo, Nokotti, Uwattsura
    • (?)Miss Tuesday, Mr. 10
  • Blue Diamond Tier
    • (wg)Rokkaku
    • (-)Miss Thursday
    • (†)Mr. 11
  • Blue Platinum Tier
    • (wg)Asahija, Mashikaku, Shine
    • (?)Mr. 12, Miss Saturday
  • Blue Gold Tier
    • (-)Miss Friday, Mr. 13
    • (pv)Nami (start)
  • Blue Silver Tier
    • (fp)Itomimizu(&Chuchun)
    • (-)Billions, Akumai, Mr. Mellow, Mr. Love
    • (†)Lines
  • Blue Bronze Tier
    • (cg)Acrobatic Fuwas, Superhuman Domingos, Tightrope Walking Funan Bros
    • (fp)Gina, Donovan, Sonieh, George Mach, Mountain Ricky
    • (krp)Ideaman, Hustle, Kagikko
    • (-)Millions, Miss Catherina, Mr. Beans, Mr. Shimizu, Heppoko, Peppoko, Poppoko
    • (?)Manjaro, Drip, Mounblutain, Turco
  • Poop Tier
    • (wg)Mansion Guards, Johnny, Yosaku, Genzo, Gatz, Boodle (&Chouchou, post skip), Agotogi, Shyarly
    • (bmbp)Choco Police
    • (-)Tonjit (&Shelly)
    • (?)Chocolat, Cocoa
    • (†)Otohime
  • Civilian Tier
    • (wg) Ukkari, Makino, Woop Slap, Rika, Ririka, Poro, Kaya, Mornin, Merry, Ahho Desunen IX, Anjo, Antonio, Adele, Ahho Zurako, Aremo Ganmi, Bimine, Bushon, Stevie, Gyoru, Chicken, Chabo, Charlos, Donquixote Mjosgard, Rosward, Shalria, Jalmack, Saru, Corgi, Chimney (&Gonbe), Didit, Outlook III, Sterry, Sarie Nantokanette, Esta, Fillonce, Hiramera, Ipponmatsu, Ipponume, Ishilly, Kairen, Lulis, Maidy, Margarita, Maria Napole, Marumieta, Ichika, Nika, Sanka, Yonka, Yonka Two, Mero, Moodie, Mummy Mee, Negikuma Maria, Nojiko, Pascia, Roxanne, Seira, Shin Detamaruka, Shin Jaiya, Shiruton Doruyanaika, Sora, Terracotta, Yu, Camie, Gatherine, Ban Dedessinée, Kinderella, Lemoncheese, Mororon, Neggy, Matryosaka, Matryosuka, Matryoseka, Matryosoka, Marie, Judy,
    • (wej)Attach
    • (shp)Asashichi, Azuki, Bingo, Bongo, Bungo, Chihaya, Chocho, Kisegawa, Koito, Noriko, Saki, Some (&Chuji), Takao, Toko, Tsugaru Umi, Wakasa, Yame, Tsurujo
    • (ftp)Capone Pez
    • (g66)Cosette, Époni
    • (sky)Aisa, Amazon, Isa, Marilyn, Mochi, Pagaya
    • (-)Cocox, Gaimon, Sarfunkel, Goldfish Princess, Tate
    • (bmbp)Buche
    • (nfp)Hody Jones (crippled), Hyouzou (crippled), Zeo (crippled), Ikaros Much (crippled), Daruma (crippled), Dosun (crippled)
    • (?)Aswa, Nora Gitsune, Kanezenny, Koda, Kyuji, Moda
    • (pv)Koby (start), Helmeppo (start), Boodle (pre skip), Chouchou (pre skip)
    • (†)Aruyutayan V, Batchee, Nefertari Cobra, Nefertari Titi, Seki, Komane, Busshiri, Clover, Rint, Zadie, Roche, Hack, Hocha, Gram, Roji, Oran, Mizuira, Banchina, Donquixote Homing, Chiya, Coburn, Fukumi, Herb, Mousse, Russian, Gimlet, Trafalgar D. Lami, Yuki, Flare, Vinsmoke Sora, Scarlett,

(wg)World Government
(rhp)Red Hair Pirates
(bb)Blackbeard Pirates
(shp)Straw Hat Pirates/Straw Hat Grand Fleet/Wano Country/Mink Tribe/Vivi
(cg)Cross Guild
(ra)Revolutionary Army
(wej)World Economic Journal
(hp)Heart Pirates
(kp)Kid Pirates
(oap)On Air Pirates
(ftp)Firetank Pirates
(kj)Kuja Tribe
(cbp)Caribou Pirates
(spx) Sphinx Island
(lg)Little Garden
(g66)Germa 66
(g)God Enel
(bmbp)Big Mom Pirates/Beast Pirates
(dqxf)Donquixote Family
(nfp)New Fishman Pirates
(sky)Skypea
(fp)Foxy Pirates
(ap)Arlong Pirates
(spc)Spider's Cafe
(sya)Saruyama Alliance
(nkl)Newkama Land
(krp)Krieg Pirates
(bcp)Black Cat Pirates
(mp)Macro Pirates
(-)no affiliation

(pv)previous version
(?)status unknown
(†)deceased



Unknown/Not yet placed: A O, Aggie 68, Aggsilly, Agyo, Akudai Kanzaburo, Aladine, Albion, Amadob, An Zengaiina, Andre, Arthur, Atagoyama, Atmos, Acilia, Ahiru, Ally, Baggaley, Banchi, Bankuro, Banzaburo, Bariete, Barry, Baskerville, Benn Beckman, Bepo, Bishamon, Biyo, Bizarre, Blamenco, Blenheim, Blondie, Bluejam, Blumarine, "Bogard", Bonk Punch, Boogie, Brannew (pre-timeskip), Brew, Brontosaurus, Bubblegum, Bao Huang, Buhichuck, Building Snake, Kozuki Sukiyaki (&Bunbuku), Bunny Joe, Byron, Bakkin, Banshee, Bell-mère, Bellet, Belo Betty, Brocca, Capone Bege (Pre-Timeskip), Candre, Cands, Candy, Carne, CB Gallant, Chappe, Chesskippa, Chichilisia, Choi, Clione, Colscon, Compo, Cornelia, Sergeant Cosmo, Crocus, Curiel, Carmel, Carrot, Catarina Devon, Cho, Chome, Columbus, Curly Dadan, Dive, Domino, Elmy, Emma, Hip, Hop, House, Ikkaku, Isuka, Jewelry Bonney, Jigoku Benten, Kasa, Koala, Kozuki Hiyori, Kozuki Toki, Kuina, Kumadori Yamanbako, Kurozumi Higurashi, Lady Tree, Lily, Lola (Zombie), Maki, Mani, Milky, Mocha, Muret, Nico Olvia, Oide (&Tama), Okame, Pandawoman, Portgas D. Rouge, Quincy, Shinobu, Tama, Tori, Uholisia, Victoria Cindry, Wanda, Whitey Bay, Kikunojo, Boa Hancock (&Salome), Gloriosa, Shakuyaku, Rebecca, Vinsmoke Reiju, Viola, Tristan,

Some updates. The below is mostly for me to not get confused.

----

All female characters (except Charlottes) now covered, some still undecided. Also some additional updates.
Where is Hancock? Can't find her
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Where is Hancock? Can't find her
She is in the bottom with the unranked characters. As said before, she ranks either Throne Challenger Tier or New World Diamond, but I'll probrably wait.

We only have showcase of the Devil Fruit but no confirmation about awakening, nothing on how far she is with her haki.

It is also possible the character receives a power up, because that's what typically happens after a characters laments about failure.

There's also no update on Crocodile past Marineford because we really just have the bounty and with Hancock it is the same, despite the showcase we aren't any further than Marineford.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
She is in the bottom with the unranked characters. As said before, she ranks either Throne Challenger Tier or New World Diamond, but I'll probrably wait.

We only have showcase of the Devil Fruit but no confirmation about awakening, nothing on how far she is with her haki.

It is also possible the character receives a power up, because that's what typically happens after a characters laments about failure.

There's also no update on Crocodile past Marineford because we really just have the bounty and with Hancock it is the same, despite the showcase we aren't any further than Marineford.
Your problem is that you can't rank her without a new Tier "Above Throne Tier"
 
Top