Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 874 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Yeah that tier list is cooked :bored

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I curious about this consensus…What Diff did Zoro have facing Lucci…Mid or High Diff?

Sanji vs Lucci….Mid/High/Extreme??

What tier/rank do you place the Gorosei?

I believe Zoro vs Lucci was Mid diff. He finished the fight instantly when under scrutiny, didn’t sustain any grievous or heavy damage throughout the fight. Yes he had some trouble but still didn’t even use his full power to win.

This matchup I’m seriously curious about. I view Sanji as a YC1 but at the bottom of the list. I believe Sanji can win not however leaving the fight injured.

Gorosei are looking like low Admiral tier. Sujuro just ran across the coast line of egghead and disabled the Pacifista, that’s a mild feat but I like.

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah that tier list is cooked :bored
I curious about this consensus…What Diff did Zoro have facing Lucci…Mid or High Diff?

I believe Zoro vs Lucci was Mid diff. He finished the fight instantly when under scrutiny, didn’t sustain any grievous or heavy damage throughout the fight. Yes he had some trouble but still didn’t even use his full power to win.

This matchup I’m seriously curious about. I view Sanji as a YC1 but at the bottom of the list. I believe Sanji can win not however leaving the fight injured.

Gorosei are looking like low Admiral tier. Sujuro just ran across the coast line of egghead and disabled the Pacifista, that’s a mild feat but I like.
Sanji extreme diffs Lucci but ends it less damaged than Zoro. It would take alot more finishers from Sanji to take him out. Zoro has more attack power.

Gorosei are low Admirals I believe

We have the same views generally speaking

DeadlyBeast

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
No, I'm pretty serious. All of Zoro's fight resolve around the same formula

Opponent: You can't cut me I dodge/have 8 swords/am steel/my sword is a cloud/am a Giraffe/...have 8 swords/am a giant rock golem/the last survivor of invulnerable people/Rob Lucci
Zoro: Yeah I can't cut you.
*slash*
Zoro: LOL just kidding

When this guy fought a Zombie, his swords set him on fire. Zoro clearly has Nika level hax, awakened when he fought Mr 1, he even realizes so himself, a true swordsman can cut anything. Zoro gets plotkai power-ups one after another! Fights a guy with pistols? His swordstrikes can now fly!

It can be Kaido, Shanks, Roger, Imu...It doesn't matter. The one thing that prevents Zoro from making minced meat out everyone and everything is the fact that he is not the main character.

Zoro is weaker than Nika but certainly stronger than Luffy.
I guess to me there is a distinction between the portrayal/depiction of a characters fights/how it ends and the actual combat ability of the character. So even if Zoro always wins by cutting someone/only having to land 1-2 solid attacks to win I don't take that to mean he is strong enough to do that to anyone.

He clearly fails to do that when up against opponents stronger than him. Some prime examples of this:
  • He got his swords broken and nearly died to Mihawk
  • He barely put a scratch on Kuma and had to resort to begging for Luffy's life
  • He got easily handled by Pacifista+Kizaru and needed to be rescued by Kuma
Heck there are even minor examples like when he tried cutting Buggy and got stabbed in the gut and lost or when he got electrocuted by Enel and lost. Just because Zoro wins by finding a way to cut, which makes absolute sense since he's a swordsman, doesn't mean he can just go do that to anyone.

By that comparison, do you think Sanji can easily low diff Kaido by learning to kick harder? He always wins by just doing a final barrage of kicks to win his fights too.

SanaNeOlm

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

After Sanjis awakening, I don't see him losing to Lucci at all without the latter using any tricks. Correct me if I'm wrong but Sanji is insanely fast, so much so you can't see him. His kicks also pack way more destructive power now. Queen was a tank and Sanji kicked him to his next life. Not that Lucci is weak or not fast but imo Sanji is just different now, he even recovers when his body is all messed up. I see him beating Lucci high diff at most. Extreme diff is for me Lucci vs Luffy in Enies Lobby, and I don't see that for current Sanji.

Zoro was mid diff, i agree.

I can't quite scale the Gorosei quite yet, but Nika is just broken, so who knows?

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Sanji extreme diffs Lucci but ends it less damaged than Zoro. It would take alot more finishers from Sanji to take him out. Zoro has more attack power.

Gorosei are low Admirals I believe

We have the same views generally speaking
I really wish Sanji could be shown to cause more destruction with his attacks Its always been a factor, despite his speed. Stamina & endurance run high in one piece.

I would give Sanji high diff, his Ifrit Jambe is used in a combo attackdamage. I think Lucci would be fast & cunning enough to get Sanji a few times.

shailks

Reaction score
Country
India
I think it was business as usual for Zoro. It probably wasn’t high, he didn’t have to invent anything. Just surprised him with a three sword move where the third sword came out of nowhere (from Lucci’s perspective).

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Prime examples from when?
I have you some examples of Zoro losing. What else do you need?

If you want an example where Zoro wins without swordsmanship I'd ask when does Sanji win without kicking? Or when does Luffy win without brawling? Or when does Robin win without hana hana powers?

Zoro is a swordsman so any fights he wins, he will win by cutting. Your original claim was he could do that to anyone, including Kaido who you said he'd low diff. I countered by saying Zoro does still lose fights when the opponent is stronger than him and is not able to just cut them down. Heck Kaido himself beat Zoro on the rooftop and he & Law had to get saved by Luffy.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I imagine Sanji would only have a slightly more difficult time than Zoro against Lucci. Swap them out and Oda would probably have the fight end the same way. Except Sanji would likely use Hell's Memories due to Zoro's comment.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
It’s useless to discuss power levels at this stage because these can wildly fluctuate depending on plot and Oda.

I personally don’t even bother trusting Oda with this anymore
It's been pretty consistent. The problem for me is the timescale of everything. Luffy is still a teenager, the crew has barely spent any time together, there's just a zillion problems with how compressed the timescale is. Their general growth in power and experience would make a lot more sense if there was just a ton of time between arcs that happen off-panel.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's been pretty consistent. The problem for me is the timescale of everything. Luffy is still a teenager, the crew has barely spent any time together, there's just a zillion problems with how compressed the timescale is. Their general growth in power and experience would make a lot more sense if there was just a ton of time between arcs that happen off-panel.
It honestly would have been nice if after major arcs the SHs said they'd stay put on island and just train to get stronger off-panel. Heck this could be used to explain the sudden new moves and strength they keep getting. Could also be nice to get random 1-2 chapters every once in a while of the SHs just hanging with each other with no goal other than us readers seeing them bond as a group. Oda even introduced a good way to get this done by showing how some islands require longer waiting periods for the log to set. Imagine if every 4th island required a 2-6 month wait. Could of got rid of time compression & allowed for more relax chapters without adding much more actual content to the story.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Their general growth in power and experience would make a lot more sense if there was just a ton of time between arcs that happen off-panel.
It honestly would have been nice if after major arcs the SHs said they'd stay put on island and just train to get stronger off-panel.
It would've been nice if, everyone once and awhile, we got short little vignettes like we saw with Oden's flashback. Wouldn't even have to take up a whole page. Just three panels of random adventures and bonding and a quick blurb on how long it took, then we're tossed back into the main plot.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
It would've been nice if, everyone once and awhile, we got short little vignettes like we saw with Oden's flashback. Wouldn't even have to take up a whole page. Just three panels of random adventures and bonding and a quick blurb on how long it took, then we're tossed back into the main plot.
I could not stop thinking about that during Oden's flashback. Why, it could be so easy to do this same thing for the Strawhats

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Zoro beats a Gorosei On top of high diffing Lucci than he would be solely at low Yonko/Admiral level

If Sanji beats a Gorosei I'm placing him at Admiral level

Jinbei I'm about to lose hope for because his stocks are dropping so quickly

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
If Zoro beats a Gorosei On top of high diffing Lucci than he would be solely at low Yonko/Admiral level

If Sanji beats a Gorosei I'm placing him at Admiral level

Jinbei I'm about to lose hope for because his stocks are dropping so quickly
Zoro nor Sanji are beating a Gorosei. It's too earlier for any more of them than one to go down at Egghead, if the secret to their immortality can be dealt with. Otherwise none of them are going down and it'll be impossible to actually tell how "strong" they are in the power scaling sense.

Oh please get away from my boy, Jinbei's barely sweated outside tanking the same hit that killed Ace. It's why Oda used all those excuses to keep Jinbei out of the crew after Fishman Island until Onigashima. 99% of fights before then (and frankly, including then) he would've made utterly trivial. Honestly a Gorosei fighting Jinbei out at sea would be at more of a disadvantage than dealing with Zoro or Sanji 1v1ing any of them anywhere, imo.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zoro nor Sanji are beating a Gorosei. It's too earlier for any more of them than one to go down at Egghead, if the secret to their immortality can be dealt with. Otherwise none of them are going down and it'll be impossible to actually tell how "strong" they are in the power scaling sense.

Oh please get away from my boy, Jinbei's barely sweated outside tanking the same hit that killed Ace. It's why Oda used all those excuses to keep Jinbei out of the crew after Fishman Island until Onigashima. 99% of fights before then (and frankly, including then) he would've made utterly trivial. Honestly a Gorosei fighting Jinbei out at sea would be at more of a disadvantage than dealing with Zoro or Sanji 1v1ing any of them anywhere, imo.
Nothing against Jinbei but optically Oda is doing a piss poor job of utilizing him in a high level combat role.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nothing against Jinbei but optically Oda is doing a piss poor job of utilizing him in a high level combat role.
He's only been a part of the crew proper for Onigashima where he hilariously stomped Who's Who and now Egghead where the layout and character trajectory from point A to B is utter chaos and basically nobody is shining (for "high level combat roles" anyways) outside of Luffy.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
He's only been a part of the crew proper for Onigashima where he hilariously stomped Who's Who and now Egghead where the layout and character trajectory from point A to B is utter chaos and basically nobody is shining (for "high level combat roles" anyways) outside of Luffy.
Zoro and Sanji have had sufficient displays of power.

Sanji blocking Kizaru/ also nullifying his lasers
Zoro taking out an arguable YC1

Both also fought off Seraphim

Jinbei has had a reduced combat role for a while now