Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2025) - News and Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,396
Reaction score
39,074
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Moderator Notice:

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP THREAD RULES​

1. No fights or personal insults.
2. No bait or troll comments with the intention of annoying or starting heated discussions, if i notice it, i will warn the user or delete the comment.
3. No toxic attitude towards series, no one is obligated to enjoy any series and it's totally fine to criticize what you don't like, just avoid posting gratuitous hateful or toxic comments about X or Y series, if i notice this behavior, comment will be deleted.
4. Don't bring politics or off-topic stuff to the thread, this is about Weekly Shonen Jump magazine and mangas, so keep any conversation about topics that aren't relate about anime & manga outside the thread.
5. Don't post news about series from other magazine or publishers in the WSJ thread, post in the series own thread, but it's fine if you're mentioning other series or magazine to express a opinion or reflection about Shonen Jump.
6. Any tweet, specially japanese, about news, update or some interesting thing about the magazine or series has to come with a text of what that tweet means and also be on topic, if not it's going to be either deleted or i will edit the post.
7. No self advertising or advertising Youtubers videos in the comments.
8. Fanart posts just for the sake of posting is prohibited, this rule doesn't apply for official art by Jump artists posted on social media, they're fine to post
9. Don't discuss or hype chapter spoilers before Sunday release, only comment if is related to a series surviving status and do it only inside the spoiler tag.
~ Shinuki


I hope everybody read these rules and follow it without problem, the comment will soon be sticked at the top of the thread to be visible in every page, so if any doubt about what to avoid doing, just check it, also if i feel like any new rule has to be added in the future, i will do. Thanks!

Obs: Rules about fanart edited!
 
Last edited:

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,008
Reaction score
2,440
Age
34
Country
Avatar
Phantom seer writer hasn't since 2022, the artist has. Naoshi komi hasn't done anything in four years (just a one piece chapter redraw).
What about the Venetian mask story from this year and the vampire story from 2022.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

By the way. In my assessment post regarding Astro Royale, regarding how I felt how the fights could have been longer and better handled, do people here agree, were you satisfied? Let me know cause I am curious.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What about the Venetian mask story from this year and the vampire story from 2022.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

By the way. In my assessment post regarding Astro Royale, regarding how I felt how the fights could have been longer and better handled, do people here agree, were you satisfied? Let me know cause I am curious.
Who did Venetian mask, I don't see the venetian mask online, you have a link? You were not clear.
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,008
Reaction score
2,440
Age
34
Country
Avatar
Who did Venetian mask, I don't see the venetian mask online, you have a link? You were not clear.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Thanks it wasn't listed on mangaupdates.
 

icrawfish

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2024
Messages
774
Reaction score
1,234
Age
25
Country
United States
What about the Venetian mask story from this year and the vampire story from 2022.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

By the way. In my assessment post regarding Astro Royale, regarding how I felt how the fights could have been longer and better handled, do people here agree, were you satisfied? Let me know cause I am curious.
I do think I would’ve been more invested in the side fights had they lasted more than a single chapter each. Kuran had a whole thing with the guy he was foghting that made it deeper, but since the fight only lasted one chapter I can't imagine that being a memorable moment in the long run.
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,008
Reaction score
2,440
Age
34
Country
Avatar
I do think I would’ve been more invested in the side fights had they lasted more than a single chapter each. Kuran had a whole thing with the guy he was foghting that made it deeper, but since the fight only lasted one chapter I can't imagine that being a memorable moment in the long run.
Exactly my thoughts on the matter. And I already mentioned the Terasu Sou fight. Even to an extent the main final fight I wouldn’t change as much. But at the same time, it didn’t have a massive impact on me to feel invested regarding the emotional weight.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,544
Reaction score
11,285
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I do wonder if the internet will hold MHA and JJK on the same kind of pedistal as One Piece, Naruto and Bleach, cause I feel like they've deserved it
They are two manga that have surpassed the record of one hundred million copies sold, obviously they will be
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,557
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
They're all great. Tbh, when everyone was talking about Shueshia poaching famous mangaka to come to Jump, I wanted to suggest Arakawa, but stopped myself. Not even for fun am I gonna ask for Yomi no Tsugai to end early.
I kinda just have this imagination spot of Arakawa coming and kicking down Jump’s doors like a boss lady dropping her manuscript and digging her heels on editor’s table along with a contract that lets her do whatever she damn pleases with her series.
 

BelTL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
1,539
Reaction score
1,467
Country
Gotei 13
What about the Venetian mask story from this year and the vampire story from 2022.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

By the way. In my assessment post regarding Astro Royale, regarding how I felt how the fights could have been longer and better handled, do people here agree, were you satisfied? Let me know cause I am curious.
Knowing Wakui, I prefer the fight being short because he simply isn't exactly good in fights
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,008
Reaction score
2,440
Age
34
Country
Avatar
Knowing Wakui, I prefer the fight being short because he simply isn't exactly good in fights
Interesting
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Now knowing this, I’m going to be making revisions to what I am going to write for the 29th.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Interesting
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Now knowing this, I’m going to be making revisions to what I am going to write for the 29th.
whats the 29th?
 

JBC008

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 17, 2023
Messages
6,008
Reaction score
2,440
Age
34
Country
Avatar
whats the 29th?
Manga Crash, Axelablaze, and TrentinArts video talking about 2024’s year in new Jump titles. There is a vote system and they each rank their personal picks and combine them into a rank for the year.

As well as being a part of this forum, I have been active on their YouTube channels by giving my thoughts and putting them up in the comments section to help give more of my observational input. Even they mentioned something’s particularly TrentinArt that I didn’t know when he does his Axe Files. One case was what Genki Ono was doing from their time in between Full Drive to their current work Hima-Ten!. But I have been mostly messaging Crash as I am a fan of his first impressions videos when a new Jump title comes out.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The 29th of December
 

defensor_de_boruto

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2024
Messages
2,073
Reaction score
1,976
Age
23
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
By the way. In my assessment post regarding Astro Royale, regarding how I felt how the fights could have been longer and better handled, do people here agree, were you satisfied? Let me know cause I am curious.
The last one against himuro had the perfect length for a fight imo. The other ones were really short and I didn’t feel the same energy reading it

hope wakui can work this new fights that are yet to come a better way, maybe not focusing in one fight the entire chapter and change the focus of each fight

that way the fight takes more time to develop
 

Cerclox

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2019
Messages
1,341
Reaction score
2,043
Age
27
Country
Costa Rica
My Hero Academia Volume 42 has reached 1.000.000 copies un circulation
The volume was quikcly reprinted

What the hell, are we going to see MHA final volume sell 1 million copies in Oricon? And it got reprints right after haha this is insane

Really looking forward to the numbers!
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What the hell, are we going to see MHA final volume sell 1 million copies in Oricon? And it got reprints right after haha this is insane

Really looking forward to the numbers!
Yeah it's incredible to sell 1 million in print alone.
 

iker_03

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2023
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
11,136
Age
22
Country
Spain
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #3 (2025)
Ichi the Witch (Cover and Lead Color Pages; Explosive Popularity)
Blue Box
SAKAMOTO DAYS
Akane-banashi
Me & Roboco
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page; Arc Clímax)
Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi
Kagurabachi
WITCH WATCH
Undead Unluck
Ihen Guy (Color Page; 47p; Oneshot by Amakawa Jinki)
Syd Craft: Love is a Mystery
Shinobi Undercover
Super Psychic Policeman Chojo
Nue's Exorcist (Color Page)
Hima-Ten!
The Elusive Samurai
Kill Blue
Astro Royale
HAKUTAKU
Absent: ONE PIECE

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue 4-5 (2025) - Information
Cover: WSJ Group
LCP: ONE PIECE
CP: Undead Unluck (Super Arc Clímax; 25p); Ijiken Seitai Cyborg 0-ban (47p; Oneshot by Momota Ryosuke)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BelTL

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
1,539
Reaction score
1,467
Country
Gotei 13
Goddamn it :emobirb
 

pennycryman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,179
Reaction score
3,385
Age
26
Country
United States
Ichi the Witch (Cover and Lead Color Pages; Explosive Popularity)
Blue Box
SAKAMOTO DAYS
Akane-banashi
Me & Roboco
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page; Arc Clímax)
Ultimate Exorcist Kiyoshi
Kagurabachi
WITCH Watchdog
There was no Shiba Inu Rooms chapter this week, so I suppose this is the next best thing.

Apparently the Undead Unluck color is for new anime info. Time for some season 2 copium.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top