Games Mafia Game 135 - Omo From Down-Under - End Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
21,585
Gender
Female
Country
China
Well, mate, it's been a fun one. It was pretty tough to design and run the game solo between deadlines. I mean, I'm used to hosting in busy periods, but to really have to get work done and go from appointment to appointment, it's rough. Nonetheless, I had a lot of fun reading this game.

Mafia played a strong game. They even did some 5D mindfuck plays totally intentionally. Town I don't think had the wrong attitude, but did have trouble getting their ducks in a row. I'll share some post-game thoughts later, taking my own outback rat (my cute Copana) to the vet for the first time in a bit.

Thank you all for playing familia, congrats to the winners, hope everyone had fun in outback landia ❤

.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Huh? Quote me openly disliking the game?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Long day but back now. thankfully not much to catch up on. Hint wise I’m active. I’m also of the opinion earlier hints will overall be more beneficial. Mafia will get to discuss at night after all
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I’ll votekill Gry because every game he has misconstrued my posts has been him as scum trying to frame me. I said I’m split on this game because I enjoy fresh roles and ideas, but it’s also a pain constantly getting used to them. Not sure how that points to me openly disliking the mech.
Google "splitting hairs". You voicing your grievances is exactly what's part of my assessment of players complaining about it:

Holt and Evil not a fan of custom roles - mafias that don't like the extra homework on D1 and N1?
I simplified it to "disliking" in my votepost but I was referring to my post before. Just because you also said something good about the game in the same breath doesn't mean you're not openly complaining about it. Quite forced of you to go this conclusion.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Glancing over a couple Gry is fishy/considering to vote Gry posts, oh boy.

Well if I'm gonna be the lynch, I'll try to at least leave some useful text behind and play a bit serious.
Is Holt right that you try to take him out early as mafia through suspicion and voting?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

lol good timing
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Mafia has it easy claiming in a game like this, and we don’t know the specific set-up of the game but shouldn’t hinting at least help catch inconsistencies?
This is a weird post. You acknowledge they have easy given claims, but still hope for inconsistencies, why? Inconsistencies in claims happen because mafia has to lie about roles. This game not a single role looks like it has to be on a mafia.

At most you can get something like two prostitute/clown claims but we're only hinting not claiming, so they can easily pivot to another active role later on.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
In my pre-sleep zone I will muster:

Evil weird, early-Gry strange, Gary inactive, Farf townie, Pom engaging, Juvs fishy (heh), Gryff uncertain, Bran chill, Lawl puzzling, dd dangerous

The rest didnt even leave much impression to me, which is not ideal, but thinking is hard
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Is Holt right that you try to take him out early as mafia through suspicion and voting?
I did in some games but like 2 at most, and that was more due to me wanting to challenge Holt I think. Other times I just let Holt be. It's not as recurring a theme as me killing Asako at night.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Aight so the majority agreed with sharing hints and did so alrdy, I'll ask the rest to do the same then.
The ones missing hints are @digitaldude @GrySun @Lawl Po Bia and @xi0

I couldn't fully understand some things tho:
@Gryffindor maybe I misunderstood you -- did you claim Fumbler? Or only the bird related part were actually about your role?
@Lady pompom "could be me, another role or an illusion?" was that a hint?
@Juviii "had it before" is a hint an not a custom role joke, correct?
My role relates to Illusions in a weird way.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ah no I thought of an even better hint, but would narrow down my role to 1 if I did it now with my previous one.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Why would reds keep an eye out on qp's, aren't those players just vanilla's?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hmm alright for now
Votekill Kaminogan. Go wear your cute avatar :lambirb :handgun

I'll try to stay as long as I can this phase but am quite exhausted so might fall asleep before.
Why would you vote for the clear town role claim?
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Late-Gry is a little too reactive now I guess, dont know why he's concerned with sharing hints if its so inconsequential. Scum will narrow us down naturally and adjust claims with time, locking them to something might not always be ideal, but never bad or damaging, he sounded catastrophistic for no reason.

Im not about to bet on Gry = scum case though, perhaps too early for that.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
So the Docs got updated, Plague doc even more limited, would it not be better for the Quack to not just do anything, kind of like the Clown#2 if on town?
Why do you say this? Quack turns into an Illusion upon successful protecting. It is a really shitty Doctor, but why would it be better not to use it? It's not much but preferable over outright player death, and one role can un-Illusion.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Considering changing my vote to Gry or Wojak. Wojak has 2 posts with 0 substance and Gry just sounded so fake and low effort earlier.
Elaborate? I didn't do many posts til the point you wrote this but enough for you to quickly run over them and tell me what part sounded fake exactly
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
I will votekill xi0 , he just dipped in, said nothing and left. If people want to keep that around be my guest.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,064
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I find DD too random. Claiming a safe passive so he doesn’t have to show results then Votelock Gry out of nowhere

For me it’s between DD and Gry
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I find DD too random. Claiming a safe passive so he doesn’t have to show results then Votelock Gry out of nowhere

For me it’s between DD and Gry
Weird, your only reason you stated earlier for distrusting me was that I was low effort, yet now that I have time to post near end you are not updating your read?
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,064
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Gry isn’t his usual town self as I remember either. I wouldn’t know whether he really started to approach the game differently as town though. Others could perhaps confirm
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,184
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
I find DD too random. Claiming a safe passive so he doesn’t have to show results then Votelock Gry out of nowhere

For me it’s between DD and Gry
Why Gry is in the list too if you just called DD locking on him strange?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Hm was gonna vote Gary as well but to throw my vote away, out of indecision.

I guess I should do either that or just vote for a top-voted one with time for people to react, and if I do that, I prefer to vote Woj. Not sure I'd like to see Gry or Holt gone now and Woj doesn't come across as agreeable to me.
 

wojak

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
25
Reaction score
1,064
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Weird, your only reason you stated earlier for distrusting me was that I was low effort, yet now that I have time to post near end you are not updating your read?
Patience, chud. We still have 25 mins. But woj at work so will stay updated. And can even do a last minute vote change
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I prefer to vote Woj.
Why do you always prefer that :emocat
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Why Gry is in the list too if you just called DD locking on him strange?
I find both strange. DD could be scum trying to shade Gry. Or he has a good nose and is a townie who have a correct hunch on Gry. So many possibilities
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
So:

I like/think are town:
Brandish
Kaminogan
Farfalla

Leaning town:
Gryffindor
Evil
Pompom

Neutral/no thoughts:
Lawl
Lambs
DigitalDude
Erinyes
xi0

Leaning red/votable/dislike for one reason or another:
Holt
Juvs
Marm
wojak

Can elaborate on any of them but not much time left. Most controversial seems to be Juviii, as I saw some people write they trust her? I didn't like her posts.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Fwiw Erin being in my neutral/no thoughts on D1 isn't a good look as I usually can tell she is town on D1.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Yeah I cant do this, need to sleep now, good luck and hope for a catch
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Why do you trust Gryff, Evil and Bia? Just curious.

I rather not vote Juvs due to her hints, way better than most people and can indicate to roles I lean towards seeing on townies hands than on the mafia side (which could be wrong due to broader options and failed party assumptions but that's why I won't vote her now).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top