Games Mafia Game 144 - Pan the Diver - Day 2

@40m - How far will you dive? (top 2 answers win)


  • Total voters
    11
  • This poll will close: .

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,623
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I assume you was giving an example and not saying your roles type. You are APPA after all so... are you saying the truth? It's odd being the same than ur example tbh
I guess that was some freudian slip LMAO Me listing an example but the most familiar is my own role combo so I list that.
 

Degojaru

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 9, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
76
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Also Sam previously mentioned his deeper roles aren't a big deal so staying in 0-50m is fine, but I don't see him changing his vote about diving or ascending, if he prefers 0-50 shall he vote for Ascending 40m like the rest of us
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,697
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Mine is P-P-A-P... that reminds me a weird song lol
That's unique

oh hey the dog of that blowbender
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also Sam previously mentioned his deeper roles aren't a big deal so staying in 0-50m is fine, but I don't see him changing his vote about diving or ascending, if he prefers 0-50 shall he vote for Ascending 40m like the rest of us
Bringing me up for that is interesting lol, and yes I have changed my dive vote. Early on I was 80m but went to 60m and have stayed there. Fine with just edging ourselves down atm
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Hints:
Styl: So I got both active and passive roles, bit of a mixed bag, kinda like bacon and fish in the same bag. (#4)
Gry: I have 2 roles that alternate. Role A is on 0-50 and 151-200 meters depth, and role B is on 51-100 and 101-150 meters depth. I would prefer to be on role A so 0-50 and 151-200 depth is what I'd ask of us to vote. If those depths work for you all. (#5); A-P-P-A (#139)
Sam: I've got four roles for different depths (#10); 1 and 4 are the same role, just at different depths. 2 and 3 are different (#16)
Dego: I got 2 roles, an active and a passive one, not bad. These intercalates between dephs (#11); P-P-A-P (#138)
Arrow: I have half the depth passive town role and half the time active ones. (#12)
Erin: I got 2 only , 2 passives, one of them is plain townie. (#15)
Nash: A-P-P-A, I don't feel so good don't put me back in the water... (#25)
Dd: multiple roles for different depths (#40)
Lumii: 3 different roles (#44); mix of active and passive (#47)
Vali: starting out with a simple role (#54)
Mazi: I got 2 roles, 1-4 is one and in between is one, so 2-3. Prefer to dive to 2-3 the in between one. So id prefer 51-150. (#63)
Pom: A-B-B-A pattern, active and passive (#71)
Shino: A-B-A-B pattern for roles (#72); prefers B role (#74).
Tatsu: Strong no matter the depth (#81)
Holt: Fine at current depth (#82)
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,328
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I fell asleep while checking the thread earlier. Am I getting old????? -_-;

Seems Holt also voted twice.
Oh I thought we were voting twice. I assumed so since it’d be top 2 options…
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm not fussed about depths this early on tbh but it is interesting to see a few be adamant on staying somewhere or going deeper without much reasoning
Same on depth but the latter point seems redundant. I mean depth change is tied to role change so it goes without saying that anyone opting to change depth is doing so for that reason. What else would it be?
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,193
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Also Sty and Pom voted twice, I assume they want to ascend 40m
I actually cancelled my ascending by diving 40, which leads to 0 progress, but might consider ascending a lot because my depth role is passive.

@Lady pompom whatchya thinking?
Was reading back. I honestly agree with shino about depth not being related to allegiance and that probably both teams have shallow/deep depths useful roles. Another point of interest is that some people have different patterns on active/passive alternating roles that seem rather unique, which I assume is so town isn’t a fish out of the water when in certain depths.

Other than that, I don’t like jumping to vote. For now, I see shino as town the most, vali also more leaning town. All others under scrutiny for me, will check their posts, see if I can make any sense of it and look for possible connections here and there.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,623
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Some early-ish analysis:
  • Tatsu - said she is fine diving wherever but picked the deep dive option in poll. Did not post much at all and thus also not shared anything about her role/s yet.
  • Holt - only thing he said so far is that he is fine with the current depth(the top). But not sure why he then votes for diving 80m, as this will descend us(albeit not immediately).
  • Pompom - said she doesn't like much either of her two roles but prefers shallow depth. Is either PAAP or APPA.
  • Mazino - only said he prefers the middle depth.
  • Snehal - he was a bit too afraid of bad attention perhaps? Because he immediately backed down and apologized when Sam looked at him scary. Bit unnatural, not like there's any reason to be this on edge is there? Hm.
  • Val - wants to dive deep. Said a couple of things but too hard to string together into a role hint for now, but interesting posts to look back on maybe.
  • Erin - interestingly is only passive roles, 2 of which are vanilla town. The Sam placeholder feels a bit forced/out of the blue, to my eyes.
  • DD - said absolutely nothing of value, even tiptoeing around his roles and what he has. Sus imo.
  • Style - most notably, in favor of flopping along on the surface of the ocean. Hasn't said anything else particularly noteworthy, but like Val left some detached comments about his role that could look like something when revisiting it later with his claim side by side.
  • Shino - ABAB pattern, prefers her B role and wants to dive to it. Accepted at first that we're staying at the top but then started being very annoyed/antagonistic towards us non divers? I dont agree with her reasoning about it being bad to stay at the same depth level/surface, but I get that she wants her role that's deeper. Overall non alignment indicative stuff with her, unless we want to see the urge for unlocking her better role as a town thing.
  • arrow - PAAP. Doesnt seem too insistent on reaching his active A roles. Hasn't voted in the poll at all so far? Perhaps a bit strange. I do think he sounds like how he played last game as town, fwiw.
  • Lumi - has 3 different roles, so unlike the norm. Pattern is PAAP. Said he prefers staying up, and later said he prefers his first role(the passive one) which is interesting as active roles tend to be more fun and interesting. Trusted Nash-tasha and voted DD.
  • Natasha - A fellow APPA. Trusting her is extremely risky and trying to analyze posts nearly futile endeavor. I'll still risk it and say she is green, comes across as trying/putting in some solving efforts. Only shaky thing is - why does she trust me? Said it's my strong claim but my claim wasn't strong at all, only detailed.
  • Dego - not sure what to think of him. I agree with many of his thoughts, and yet he feels... lukewarm? Voted me as he said he would but the passion seems lacking. PPAP is a bit of an oddity among the currently shared patterns. Maybe has spread more uncertainty/suspicions than seen who he can trust?
  • Sam - has 3 different roles. Thats about as much as I'm gonna read into Sam this early. As usual seems committed and all, so easy green read but need to be wary.
 

Natasha

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 11, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
530
Age
26
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
I actually cancelled my ascending by diving 40, which leads to 0 progress, but might consider ascending a lot because my depth role is passive.



Was reading back. I honestly agree with shino about depth not being related to allegiance and that probably both teams have shallow/deep depths useful roles. Another point of interest is that some people have different patterns on active/passive alternating roles that seem rather unique, which I assume is so town isn’t a fish out of the water when in certain depths.

Other than that, I don’t like jumping to vote. For now, I see shino as town the most, vali also more leaning town. All others under scrutiny for me, will check their posts, see if I can make any sense of it and look for possible connections here and there.
Any thoughts on the red beans in my list who gave very poor hints?
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,672
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
So I am being keeled?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also Sam previously mentioned his deeper roles aren't a big deal so staying in 0-50m is fine, but I don't see him changing his vote about diving or ascending, if he prefers 0-50 shall he vote for Ascending 40m like the rest of us
The current votes put us at 40 meters
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I fell asleep while checking the thread earlier. Am I getting old????? -_-;

Seems Holt also voted twice.


Yup.
What about you? you said you have multiple roles for different depths, so 4 roles?

Nah, princess, I think I'll leave it at that for today. Looking at the poll it seems we'll be at the surface depth the next night and day phases, and I'll be at my A role.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Poor Sam ~
I have 3 roles
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,623
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Trust-wise I'd put it for me currently as this, from most to least trusted:

Sam
Natasha
arrow
Val
Dego
Style
Holt
Tatsu
Pompom
Erin
shino
Lumi
Snehal
Mazino
DD

So for now I will !votekill DD
 

arrowofsky

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,538
Reaction score
3,686
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Some early-ish analysis:
  • Tatsu - said she is fine diving wherever but picked the deep dive option in poll. Did not post much at all and thus also not shared anything about her role/s yet.
  • Holt - only thing he said so far is that he is fine with the current depth(the top). But not sure why he then votes for diving 80m, as this will descend us(albeit not immediately).
  • Pompom - said she doesn't like much either of her two roles but prefers shallow depth. Is either PAAP or APPA.
  • Mazino - only said he prefers the middle depth.
  • Snehal - he was a bit too afraid of bad attention perhaps? Because he immediately backed down and apologized when Sam looked at him scary. Bit unnatural, not like there's any reason to be this on edge is there? Hm.
  • Val - wants to dive deep. Said a couple of things but too hard to string together into a role hint for now, but interesting posts to look back on maybe.
  • Erin - interestingly is only passive roles, 2 of which are vanilla town. The Sam placeholder feels a bit forced/out of the blue, to my eyes.
  • DD - said absolutely nothing of value, even tiptoeing around his roles and what he has. Sus imo.
  • Style - most notably, in favor of flopping along on the surface of the ocean. Hasn't said anything else particularly noteworthy, but like Val left some detached comments about his role that could look like something when revisiting it later with his claim side by side.
  • Shino - ABAB pattern, prefers her B role and wants to dive to it. Accepted at first that we're staying at the top but then started being very annoyed/antagonistic towards us non divers? I dont agree with her reasoning about it being bad to stay at the same depth level/surface, but I get that she wants her role that's deeper. Overall non alignment indicative stuff with her, unless we want to see the urge for unlocking her better role as a town thing.
  • arrow - PAAP. Doesnt seem too insistent on reaching his active A roles. Hasn't voted in the poll at all so far? Perhaps a bit strange. I do think he sounds like how he played last game as town, fwiw.
  • Lumi - has 3 different roles, so unlike the norm. Pattern is PAAP. Said he prefers staying up, and later said he prefers his first role(the passive one) which is interesting as active roles tend to be more fun and interesting. Trusted Nash-tasha and voted DD.
  • Natasha - A fellow APPA. Trusting her is extremely risky and trying to analyze posts nearly futile endeavor. I'll still risk it and say she is green, comes across as trying/putting in some solving efforts. Only shaky thing is - why does she trust me? Said it's my strong claim but my claim wasn't strong at all, only detailed.
  • Dego - not sure what to think of him. I agree with many of his thoughts, and yet he feels... lukewarm? Voted me as he said he would but the passion seems lacking. PPAP is a bit of an oddity among the currently shared patterns. Maybe has spread more uncertainty/suspicions than seen who he can trust?
  • Sam - has 3 different roles. Thats about as much as I'm gonna read into Sam this early. As usual seems committed and all, so easy green read but need to be wary.
You lost me when you abbreviate @Vali x lucifer as Val xD

I am hesitant on voting and diving/ascending as the number of posts are too low to make sense. It is generally a bad thing when people post less than Copy Panda here. @shinobi is a smooth diver again, and @Vali x lucifer is a bit angrier than I expect of him, @SirSamuel016 is different, but he is different. I wonder about @Holt most, the he seems too silent like a recent another MG where he was found to be mafia. You need to post more, there is an automatic suspicion otherwise.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,623
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
You lost me when you abbreviate @Vali x lucifer as Val xD
How would you call him? I'm not writing Vali x lucifer every time. What is a vali x lucifer anyway. Why does he name himself after a presumably satanic ship?
 

Degojaru

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 9, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
76
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Dego - not sure what to think of him. I agree with many of his thoughts, and yet he feels... lukewarm? Voted me as he said he would but the passion seems lacking. PPAP is a bit of an oddity among the currently shared patterns. Maybe has spread more uncertainty/suspicions than seen who he can trust?
My vote was placeholder, u know what u did. Also why u doubt about Pen Pineapple Apple Pen? There aren't too many patterns to compare, I won't create a fake pattern to be less sus
 

arrowofsky

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2023
Messages
1,538
Reaction score
3,686
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
How would you call him? I'm not writing Vali x lucifer every time. What is a vali x lucifer anyway. Why does he name himself after a presumably satanic ship?
He is a cool guy :) Vali x Lucifer comes directly from what you find when you google it. And yeah, we generally abbreviate as Vali (a bit funny to me as vali means province governor in Turkish)
 

Stylether

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2026
Messages
7
Reaction score
123
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
@Stylether @Lumii?! @GrySun @Mazino I see that you're all around so is there anything that has stood out for you so far? Plus who if any do you suspect, even a little?
Currently, one unit of sus is going towards Natasha, for post #90. A 4 colour suspicion tierlist leading into a vote that Lumi could then piggyback off of, all after 80-ish pretty uninspiring posts (and ofc my posts, which are all inspiring). It's a pretty hard sell, almost comes off as her trying a bit too hard.

On the flip side, her RP is great, and I don't lynch RPers on the first day by policy.

Honestly, the fact we seriously discussed whether the joke vote was anything but a bit for as long as we did feels like generated hot air, I'd bet at least one participant of that is scum.

Beyond that, Degojaru's posts have felt very safe. Despite having posted a lot, a lot of what had been posted feels like recap posts where they will simply reiterate or reframe something without adding their own two cents or attempting to shift the convo.

Oh, and I am very much trying to not OMGUS this, but:

Vote kill Stylether

I am going for Big descent, as i have a feeling the ones who coordinated faster are more sis, of course just a feeling for now, + I am curious to see other roles in different depths.
Although I don't agree with the logic that early coordination is suspect, because it is often scum that overthink and fail to coordinate early compared to townies who just gotta put their chest into it knowing full well it ain't going to get easier or clearer over time, even if I were to follow that reasoning, you went for me and not, like, Sam or something? Huh...
 
Top