Archived The Hang Out Thread v.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
What are sporks? >.>
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
spork is a mixture of a spoon and a fork; wikipedia has some images. :amuse
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
and it's rabb-kun's avatar.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Thanks, snoo-chan. Why would someone invent such a thing, though? Was there a shortage of normal spoons and forks? >.>
and it's rabb-kun's avatar.
...And there was me thinking he just typoed :XD
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
just out of nowhere but....

:obut you can't eat noodles with sporks ;___;

:XD
That's so true :darn

And it reminds me, I was really craving ramen today, but when I went to the store, they only had chicken and beef, which I can't eat. Stupid store! :yelling

yeah that does suck. have you accomplished a lot so far?
I'll be writing most of the paper tonight, just have to make some dinner first ^^;; But luckily, a good portion of it is already written so it shouldn't take too long. And I have to do some reading and studying too, but if I don't get all that done, it isn't too big a deal. So it'll be a late night, but not an all-nighter :amuse

heck yeah! i think the patriots will be fine next year; he and brady make an awesome duo. the browns were declared the winner of free agent day so i look forward to their season next year.
Yeah, I'm so glad. I love when big players like that stay with the team despite a pay cut, because then you know they really want to be there, and they're going to play their hardest. And records aside, watching Brady and Moss play together is just really exciting :whoo

ditto; i love that runner's high plus it's a good way to keep in shape.
It is! Unfortunately, I'm really just getting back into running after a break, so I'm not running the mileage I used to run, but it still feels great. Even though I have to run on the indoor track, it's still the best exercise there is....definitely better than those ellipticals and stuff! :shakefist
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
yikes! i think i would have been a nervous wreck if i didn't have my calculator. i obsessively/compulsively double or even triple check my bag to make sure i have all of the things i need for class or before a test. i just have to ensure myself that i have it all before i leave anyway.
I thought I put it in my purse :oh but i guess i didn't :s luckily though, the test supervisor for my group was the 'sponsor' teacher for the international club so she knew who I was and kept the calculator to give it to me:XD felt so relieved after that :darn if I lost that, I would've had to buy another one. It would've been my third :spaz they're the TI-83's too :crying

ditto @ lil.

I campaign that sporks are useless. :p
:nods :XD

That's so true :darn

And it reminds me, I was really craving ramen today, but when I went to the store, they only had chicken and beef, which I can't eat. Stupid store! :yelling
:wtf how come you can't eat chicken or beef? :wtf I eat that almost everyday ;) with rice! :nuts
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I love chicken ramen <3
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
me too! But i love seafood best. especially if it's hot and spicy! :nuts

speaking of spicy, who among you here can't live without chili and pepper? Also I've noticed an increasing tolerance for the hot stuff as I eat more and more of it.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I can't stand anything even remotely hot >.>
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm medically intolerant to spicy food..


is that a hi as in hello? or a Japanese yes?



anyway, I've been reading a lot of foreign policy articles lately, and the more I learn about the world's problems, the more depressed and paranoid I get.

I think I'm going to blaze and just chillax out on the beach this weekend.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
anyway, I've been reading a lot of foreign policy articles lately, and the more I learn about the world's problems, the more depressed and paranoid I get.
Examples?
You mean:
- colombia-venezuela/ecuador conflict?
- palestines-Israel conflict?
- or others?
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Examples?
You mean:
- colombia-venezuela/ecuador conflict?
- palestines-Israel conflict?
- or others?
well....that too...I've been reading way too much news lately when I should really be doing homework.


Rice was able to resume the peace process between Israel and Palestinians Tuesday (I think), so that's good news. And who knows what Hugo Chavez will do next...hopefully things are solved diplomatically, because if anything happens, there's a slight possibility that the USA will have to assist Columbia.

Anyway, besides that, I've been reading several articles on my spare time this week, examples:

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms.php?story_id=4220

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20080301faessay87203/jerry-z-muller/us-and-them.html

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20080301faessay87205/francisco-rodriguez/an-empty-revolution.html

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20080301faessay87201/stephen-e-flynn/america-the-resilient.html

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20080301fareviewessay87211/paul-r-pillar/intelligent-design.html

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20080301faessay87206/scott-g-borgerson/arctic-meltdown.html

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20080...-ray-takeyh/the-costs-of-containing-iran.html


and my personal favorite, highly recommended:

http://history.club.fatih.edu.tr/103 Huntington Clash of Civilizations full text.htm
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
It's natural to get depressed over the news. I think it's alright to forget about it once in a while and think about yourself. And eat some ice cream. :p
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I don't get depressed over the news, I just hate conflicts - ethnical or other ones - but if there's one, what the hell can we do against it as mere civilian? Maybe it's a bit hard but I really don't expect their problems to be mine and vice versa though I must agree due to globalisation the effects from such a conflict will get to us too and so their problems are ours and vice versa

eg: suppose Chavez starts a war against Colombia then Oil prizes will get higher. We as europeans are lucky that oils prize is rated in a weak dollar (compared to our euro) which makes oil cheaper over here (well supposed to be -> but oil hasn't been expensive at this moment - prolly the governement taxes)

You know - Hobbes once said: Homo Homoni Lupus (man is a wolf to men" - strictly: "the man is (the) wolf for men) and you know the guy is right. Give people power over other people and the wolve in that man comes above.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
is that a hi as in hello? or a Japanese yes?
a japanese yes. And guess what, I didn't stay away from MH but I still finished my thesis book. wtf. pwnage.
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
Been a while..

So we have two 15 year old idiots in the kitchen that are out to get some job experience, fuck, my patience have never run out so fast before, I'm like Ramsay on a bad day everyday now, takes a helluva lot of willpower to not beat the living shit out of 'em.
YOU CAN'T FUCKIN' TAKE A 45 MINUTE BREAK WHEN YOU WORK IN A RESTAURANT!!! :guns

sobriety sucks btw..
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
pirate-kun, I plan to take up culinary arts. But it's so damn expensive. :scry I don't know how to tell my parents yet.
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
pirate-kun, I plan to take up culinary arts. But it's so damn expensive. :scry I don't know how to tell my parents yet.
What? You mean like go to cooking school? Just go to a restaurant n' ask if you can come in on nights/weekends n help out n learn as you go along, faster-cheaper-better, since it dont matter if you have gone to cooking school you still start out at the bottom.
 

rhapsody blue

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
5,418
Reaction score
772
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I thought I put it in my purse :oh but i guess i didn't :s luckily though, the test supervisor for my group was the 'sponsor' teacher for the international club so she knew who I was and kept the calculator to give it to me:XD felt so relieved after that :darn if I lost that, I would've had to buy another one. It would've been my third :spaz they're the TI-83's too :crying
oh you're lucky. you have a really nice and thoughtful teacher.

ti-83's are so cool but so pricey. i still have mine with me; it's a nice midnight blue :)

:wtf how come you can't eat chicken or beef? :wtf I eat that almost everyday ;) with rice! :nuts
py is a vegetarian i believe.

I love chicken ramen <3
me too! But i love seafood best. especially if it's hot and spicy! :nuts
i love ramen in general :amuse

speaking of spicy, who among you here can't live without chili and pepper? Also I've noticed an increasing tolerance for the hot stuff as I eat more and more of it.
i love spicy food. long ago i couldn't eat it but i have since adapted and i am grateful for that. my tolerance level isn't as great as my indian friends though.

Been a while..

So we have two 15 year old idiots in the kitchen that are out to get some job experience, fuck, my patience have never run out so fast before, I'm like Ramsay on a bad day everyday now, takes a helluva lot of willpower to not beat the living shit out of 'em.
YOU CAN'T FUCKIN' TAKE A 45 MINUTE BREAK WHEN YOU WORK IN A RESTAURANT!!! :guns

sobriety sucks btw..
pirate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :glomp

i was wondering what happened to you. i'm sorry to hear about the whole kitchen situation. maybe you can make them do the dirty work?
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
pirate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :glomp

i was wondering what happened to you. i'm sorry to hear about the whole kitchen situation. maybe you can make them do the dirty work?
:glomp

I do make 'em do the dirty work BUT they can't even do that properly so someone has to re-do it later, fucking kids, hopefully ive scared em away so they dont show up tomorrow.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top