Recent content by Meriken

  1. Meriken

    Done Just two sentences ><

    Quick suggestions: p.182 Who could this person be if even [Ms./Mrs./Miss] Fuka can't stand up to [him/her]... p.189 I haven't grown old for nothing.
  2. Meriken

    Typesetting Dumb question: capitals only in scans?

    Here's one example of a scan that clearly uses lower case letters: http://mangahelpers.com/s/kotonoha/readonline/51967/8?t=1253385304 I don't think there's anything wrong with using lower case. It's just a matter of choice/taste.
  3. Meriken

    Done Tranlation help please...

    Re: Translation assistance Can you post a link to the page in question?
  4. Meriken

    Done Those Who Chase the Ageha Ch3 (Just one line)

    Most likely a made up kanji rendering of シルバー (silver). 死=し 留=る 刃=ば 阿=あ In Japan, the color silver is commonly used to refer to people of older age. For instance, "Silver seat" (シルバーシート) is the Japanese term for priority elderly seating on buses and trains. I don't really know what the chapter...
  5. Meriken

    Done Defense Devil

    Some had Japanese issues, others had English issues..
  6. Meriken

    Fun Thread How many PMs do you have now?

    334. But I delete often.
  7. Meriken

    Done Translation Help

    そっちでしょ roughly translates to "That's you." You could also change it to a form like "You're the one that ~~~~" depending on what was going on in their conversation before. 重 = Heavy
  8. Meriken

    Done Dogs: Bullets & Carnage 43

    There's basically no accuracy mistakes. Suggestions for parts that are slightly off, or where the English could be worked better:
  9. Meriken

    Done translation

    It's basically correct. You just need to find ways to make the English more convincing. That means fiddling with objects and tenses, and adding expressions. You don't have to limit yourself to the exact words in the Japanese. ex. you try to bite me and I cut the serpent - understand? >>I will...
  10. Meriken

    Done need help translating this sentence

    You probably have the wrong kanji. The character 棈 is hardly ever used. Are you sure it's not "非情の山に切り立つ?" 非情の山 is the Japanese moniker for the mountain K2.
  11. Meriken

    Done Vocab Help

    In slang, 流れ translates to "going with the flow." Example: [bubble 1]Wait... How'd it go down that like anyways? [bubble 2]Huh---? We just like, went with the flow, I guess?
  12. Meriken

    Done Need a consult on some Japanese

    一見その方が正解に見えますが、「明後日の方向」というのはいわゆる慣用句のようなもので、まったく無関係な方向、まったく見当違いな方向へと進んで行ってしまう事を表します。おそらく(ここからは完全に推測ですが)「明日」をすっ飛ばして「明日の明日」に直接向かうことが突拍子もないためにこういう言葉が生まれたのではないでしょうか。時間軸においての「明後日」とはまったく別の意味になるわけです。 I think it's redundant.
  13. Meriken

    Done Need a consult on some Japanese

    It looks good overall. A couple detail things: >> It should probably be "Kouji Takimoto" (first name first). >> There's no mention of "avant garde" in the original. たま is the name of the folk band that Takimoto was in. Folk probably wouldn't count as avant-garde. >> 官能 is probably best...
  14. Meriken

    Done Vocab Help

    宏希 = Hiroki, I think. 受信メール = Inbox (Literally it's "Recieved Mail" but "Inbox' is the English term) せら: It should be the name of the person who received the message? TVちゃんぴょん: Reference to TVチャンピオン, a Japanese TV series that pits "masters" of various disciplines against each other in a...
  15. Meriken

    Feedback achives

    This has been bugging me for a while now... under the "Read Online" drop-down menu at the top, the choices go Manga List, achives, [JP] RAWs, [Eng] Scans. Shouldn't it be "Archives?"
Top