Recent content by Trigunblitz

  1. Trigunblitz

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    What is this? A oneshot?
  2. Trigunblitz

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    My hero but I’m not caught up. I just couldn’t get into BC No scans needed. I don’t even read on the day of release anyway Kubo is an art genius and a terrible author, but I love it. His real mistake is that his foreshadowing was too subtle. I could always go back and connect the dots that...
  3. Trigunblitz

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Monthly may be very good for him. I can’t imagine he would be a writer as he states his entire purpose is to “draw cool things”. He finds writing and editors a drag from what I can tell and just wants to draw manga that look cool.
  4. Trigunblitz

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I’m maybe more hyped for Kubo than Kishimoto’s return, but I wouldn’t even be interested if Kubo only wrote. He is a barely passable writer with the “coolest” art in the magazine. Kishimoto obviously can build fantastical worlds and write incredible characters. It works to have him write and an...
  5. Trigunblitz

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I personally think that the amazing story of OPM for this arc will carry it through despite the possible lack of animation quality from a new studio. Kimetsu looks great but the first arc is not very exciting. I’m barely interested in it, and only because of the animation quality.
  6. Trigunblitz

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Oh that seems correct due to bar code only on one. Good catch. Too bad Viz doesn’t do dust covers.
  7. Trigunblitz

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Very interesting. I don’t remember a tankoban ever having variant covers. Is this a first for SJ? Incredible art! I’ll likely pick up both versions.
  8. Trigunblitz

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    It appears One-Punchman may be having two different volume covers for vol.19 that together make a large poster. I can’t confirm this for sure but it appears that way. Have any shonen jump series done multiple cover variants before?
  9. Trigunblitz

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Two things can be true at once. Black Clover is very successful. Black Clover is not nor will it be remembered as "one of the great shonen". It barely breaks into 300k per volume sales currently. Those're great numbers, but less than Bleach after it fell from fame. Can I come to this forum...
  10. Trigunblitz

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    I’m going to include Shuesha brand series that are / were in SJ English magazine. This is based on US BookScan: 1. MHA 2. OPM 3. Boruto (Placed 8th in September in all comic sales in US) 4. DB Super (10th place in August) 5. Bleach (just finished in November in translation and placed 15th in...
  11. Trigunblitz

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Actually they include those in the vault manga. You get bonus volume illustration at the end of each chapter. No color pages though -__- That’s a price I’ll pay at. Probably pick a few up! Personally I’m not paying more than $4-5 for something that’s not physical that I consume in ~1hr. I...
  12. Trigunblitz

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Chainsaw Man I'm all in on this series. Chapter 1 was excellent, 2 was passable, 3 made me laugh harder than almost any manga I've read. If it can have that level of humor sprinkled into the graphic violent fantasy--I'd pick up physical copies of the series. We'll see how it keeps up over the...
  13. Trigunblitz

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    SJ VIZ vault is amazing. I'm about to get on a plane and downloaded the first 20 of Yaiba. The question is: Will it bring in enough revenue from converted pirates to justify it's existence? Personally, It allows me to read series like Yaiba for free that I was borderline on getting. My shelf is...
  14. Trigunblitz

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    This is very interesting because an inherit assumption in the statement is that you do not want to delete your account—or you obviously wouldn’t be such an active member. Also inherent is that you don’t actually believe BC is on Naruto’s level. How deep is your trolling? Do you even like BC or...
  15. Trigunblitz

    Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

    Wooooah yes! F1 would be a cool manga. Make it stylized like Red Line too. I'd love that. Or even an Oban Star Racers/Podracing style manga.
Top