Seinen - Ikigami by Mase Motoro | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Ikigami by Mase Motoro

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Summary and Preview

To preserve the stability and growth of Japan, the government has instituted a new policy: each day, a randomly-selected person is killed for the sake of instilling the "value of life" into the other citizens. To those who are condemned to death, a notice -- an ikigami -- is delivered to them 24 hours prior to their time of death. What will those unlucky few do on the last day of their final moments?

HERE is a review I wrote after reading the first volume. Though MH has the first 3 chapters the first volume released by Viz has 6 chapters. I will be happy to dicuss anything about this manga.

Pavitre

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I'v only read the 1st chapter, seems interesting. Though can't say much till I see how the story will progres further, I mean will they keep showing different people and their life before they are killed or will some type of hero will rise against this law, something on this line.

Last edited:

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Your right in that they show different people. I can only speculate that Fugimoto will see these different scenarios and come to his on conclusion so the story might elaborate further with him and will see things more from his perspective.

Last edited:

Pavitre

Reaction score
Country
India
I know, I guess the story will turn out to be a drama, thriller type then, well after seeing Fugimoto i thought he would start doing something against this absurd law.

Last edited:

Amida

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
This manga reminds me greatly of 1984 by George Orwell. You have a government employee doing a job he doesn't feel right doing, but forces himself too. I don't know if he'll join some resistance like in 1984, but this is a very interesting manga. I found it at the bookstore and bought it almost instantly. I highly recommend it to pretty much anyone.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know about you guys but chapter 8 really did it for me! :crying This manga is great :crying damn it! :shakefist Will defintely participate more later on...:)

Edit - I've finally catched up with Ikigami! yay! :whoo

This is one fricking awesome manga! :nuts It's ashame that the chapters don't come out on a regular weekly basis :(...nevertheless I shall be waiting patiently :amuse...I can't wait for chapter 24! :nuts

Ikigami Chapter 24 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nuts :nuts :nuts

This arc really and truly ended in a beautiful way! :)

Last edited:

ANBU4U

Reaction score
Country
United States
Fantastic Manga. And it really starting to develop an over-arching plot as well. LOVE it!

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks!

imangascans are still Editing Ikigami for those of you who care like me lol. I use to get my fix via OneManga but since they've removed so many manga titles recently I thought I would let you guys know that you can read/catch up with Ikigami over here. :)

Arrogance

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks to Jin here I started reading Ikigami and I got to say I love it!. Since everything is done by episodes I like how we get resolution to the problems fast. Also since this is seperated by individual ikigami's i find its a good manga I can gradually read (One episode at a time, while I'm in the middle of reading many other things). I'm currently on chapter 25. So far I've got to say my favorite episodes so far were The Forgotten Song, which really moved me at the end when the guy died while singing his heart out, and then The Drug of Pure Love which had a pretty big twist at the end in which the drug that was supposed to make her live longer actually killed her. Overall I like how an overall story is developing as well alongside the individual ones of the Ikigami themself. I'll be caught up soon and then I'll try and be a regular poster :D. Thanks again for the recommendation Jin! :hug

Katz

Reaction score
Country
United States
Picked up this series back in early '10...just now catching up to it's current chapter (so many things to read...so little time)

for those for are wondering when the next chapter releases (this manga doesn't seem to have a huge following...what a bummer, always hate how good manga get passed over)

anyhow, the "final arc" according to the mangaka it will release on the 23'd of this month, I'm not entirely sure if "imangascans" is going to release it, if they don't hopefully a group is a fan of this series and completes it *fingers crossed* but just a heads up to the few people subscribed to this thread

*source is bakaupdates and was posted on the 14th of this month, so it's current (kinda)*

...last post July 2010...damn talk about bringing this one from 6 feet under

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
It is not passed over, it is licensed. With the manga entering it's final arc in Japan, seven out of nine volumes are available for sale in English (volume 8 is coming in August). There really is little point in translating chapters that are already available in English, better to translate manga that are not licensed and totally unavailable in English. Fans should support the author and buy the volumes or request their local library order copies, if they do not have the spending money available for manga.

Katz

Reaction score
Country
United States
It is not passed over, it is licensed. With the manga entering it's final arc in Japan, seven out of nine volumes are available for sale in English (volume 8 is coming in August). There really is little point in translating chapters that are already available in English, better to translate manga that are not licensed and totally unavailable in English. Fans should support the author and buy the volumes or request their local library order copies, if they do not have the spending money available for manga.
And that's where Kaiten's stalker obsession with me comes in ^^...kidding of course, well I should have done alittle more googling, didn't know it was licensed in English, but when I said "passed over" I meant it doesn't seem to have a lot of traffic following in terms of people posting here about what they like/dislike etc...but at least I know I can buy it if worst comes to worst...hell before you and I posted in the last few days, there we're 10 posts in here including the TS...you should pull some strings and get this featured on the FP.