Discussion - Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread | Page 67 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

• Team Spriggan 12

Votes: 41 49.4%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

Votes: 42 50.6%

• Total voters

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
No, he said he was going to throw one last last blow with Igneel's strength and was winding up for another punch before Zeref said he was his brother. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY MAE HIM TIRED, he was tired because he was fighting Zeref and was visible INJURED AND FITGUED. Natsu has already gone all out, he has no modes higher than FDKM,
So that means he still had power. Of course it matters if the attack exhausted him. This was Natsu mere moments before fighting. The worst injury he had was the scar on his face.
This was Natsu immediately after throwing that punch:
Here is the aftermath of Natsu using FDK roar. Natsu is saying Zeref appeared a lot quicker than he anticipated, suggesting that he was prepared to go on fighting. Unless you believe Natsu was going to break out Igneel's power against these fodders, then I very much doubt Natsu was running on an empty tank.
Just because you are using your best mode, doesn't mean you are going all out. Dragon Force is a dragon slayer's strongest form. This doesn't mean Acnologia is going all out every-time he shows up as a dragon. There's a clear difference in the effort behind smacking Fairy Tail around with his tail, and fighting Igneel. Activating dragon slaying magic is God Serena's strongest mode, yet he hasn't even had the chance to cycle through half his elements, let alone go all out. It's the same here.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I don't really put a whole heap of stock in Serena's 4 other elements in the context of Serena's overall power level. I mean it's great versatility (and resistances), but having 4 more elements doesn't mean he's twice as powerful than what we saw (no one's making this case just saying).

Where I hype Serena is with better spells, like a secret art or a full powered roar. I don't add in dual elements, but I think it's very possible that he could do it with all the elements he has.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't really put a whole heap of stock in Serena's 4 other elements in the context of Serena's overall power level. I mean it's great versatility (and resistances), but having 4 more elements doesn't mean he's twice as powerful than what we saw (no one's making this case just saying).

Where I hype Serena is with better spells, like a secret art or a full powered roar. I don't add in dual elements, but I think it's very possible that he could do it with all the elements he has.
The other 4 elements wouldn't make Serena twice as powerful. His attacks should all be on the same level. However, the fact that he still hasn't used half his elements meant the Ishgar Saints didn't make him go all out. I don't think Serena even managed to fire off his Gale DS attack before August stopped him.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
The other 4 elements wouldn't make Serena twice as powerful. His attacks should all be on the same level. However, the fact that he still hasn't used half his elements meant the Ishgar Saints didn't make him go all out. I don't think Serena even managed to fire off his Gale DS attack before August stopped him.
Idk, I think Serena was close to going all out. Well I mean it in the way that he was serious in taking them out. It's just the GoI fell before he could go through all 8 elements. He should have roars at least so that's more of a reason to think he didn't go all out than not using the other 4 elements imo. I also don't think he used Gale DS, he was nearly about to.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Idk, I think Serena was close to going all out. Well I mean it in the way that he was serious in taking them out. It's just the GoI fell before he could go through all 8 elements. He should have roars at least so that's more of a reason to think he didn't go all out than not using the other 4 elements imo. I also don't think he used Gale DS, he was nearly about to.
Well, it's like the difference between doing 4 push up versus doing 8 push ups. Assuming that using all 8 elements would exhaust him, this means that Serena only used up half of the power in his tank. It's possible that cycling through all 8 elements wouldn't exhaust Serena, and that he has stronger attacks for each element. So what happens when someone can take 8 of Serena's attacks before going down? Doesn't that mean that Serena essentially needs to put in twice the effort compared to taking down the Ishgar Saints?

Last edited:

Boomburst

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, it's like the difference between doing 4 push up versus doing 8 push ups. Assuming that using all 8 elements would exhaust him, this means that Serena only used up half of the power in his tank. It's possible that cycling through all 8 elements wouldn't exhaust Serena, and that he has stronger attacks for each element.
Cycling through all the elements shouldn't exhaust him more than if he just stayed on a couple, because that would mean that some of his elements are more powerful than his others. As long as the amount of attacks and their power level are the same, regardless of their element, Serena should be using the same amount of energy.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Cycling through all the elements shouldn't exhaust him more than if he just stayed on a couple, because that would mean that some of his elements are more powerful than his others. As long as the amount of attacks and their power level are the same, regardless of their element, Serena should be using the same amount of energy.
Serena should be capable of cycling through all 8 of his elements. The fact that he only got to 4, and only 3 was actually required to beat them, meant that the Ishgar Saints weren't capable of pushing Serena to go all out. Serena wasn't exhausted facing off against the Ishgar Saints. He stopped beating on them because August told him to.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Serena should be capable of cycling through all 8 of his elements. The fact that he only got to 4, and only 3 was actually required to beat them, meant that the Ishgar Saints weren't capable of pushing Serena to go all out. Serena wasn't exhausted facing off against the Ishgar Saints. He stopped beating on them because August told him to.
Yea I totally agree that Serena wasn't going all out, I just think that the reason for that is more of the fact that he only used 3 attacks. The only reason that Serena would have been using more power and energy if he went through all eight is because then he would have used 8 attacks, not 3. So I think it has more to do with the amount of attacks he uses, rather than the variety. Of course, this is assuming his different elements are at the same level in terms of power and energy expended.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yea I totally agree that Serena wasn't going all out, I just think that the reason for that is more of the fact that he only used 3 attacks. The only reason that Serena would have been using more power and energy if he went through all eight is because then he would have used 8 attacks, not 3. So I think it has more to do with the amount of attacks he uses, rather than the variety. Of course, this is assuming his different elements are at the same level in terms of power and energy expended.
That's what I'm saying. It has to do with the number of attacks Serena can use before he exhausts himself. I'm not saying that his other elements are stronger than the ones he has shown, but they shouldn't be weaker either.

Last edited:

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh ok then, I was under the impression that you were focusing more on the number of elements rather than the number of attacks. Glad we agree :)

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
No, he said he was going to throw one last last blow with Igneel's strength and was winding up for another punch before Zeref said he was his brother. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY MAE HIM TIRED, he was tired because he was fighting Zeref and was visible INJURED AND FITGUED. Natsu has already gone all out, he has no modes higher than FDKM,
Well he has Igneel mode (which he can only use twice) and is faaaaar superior to anything he's ever shown; FDKM mode (which he used against Jacob and we're not sure whether he used it against the God of War) and his base powers.

In between, there'd be DF and LFDM, something around this:

Igneel Natsu > DF mode > FDKM mode > LFDM > Base I guess

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Well, it's like the difference between doing 4 push up versus doing 8 push ups. Assuming that using all 8 elements would exhaust him, this means that Serena only used up half of the power in his tank. It's possible that cycling through all 8 elements wouldn't exhaust Serena, and that he has stronger attacks for each element. So what happens when someone can take 8 of Serena's attacks before going down? Doesn't that mean that Serena essentially needs to put in twice the effort compared to taking down the Ishgar Saints?
I'm not disagreeing with how much power he would need to use if he did have to use all 8. If someone takes all 8, then this person will have indeed pushed Serena more than the GoI, twice as much to be exact (or 8/3 times). I see 'going all out' as using your most powerful attacks. I think you can go all out and win low diff.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Yeah, going all out implies using your most powerful attacks, not holding back at all, using your skills at its maximum (maximum speed, maximum strength, maximum deffense, maximum attacks and MP). Not necessarily doing an attack with incredibly focused MP that makes you run out of magical energy, going all out can also mean use your best attacks but economizing the use of MP. Still, no-one on Spriggan-tier should have problems running out of MP, as they've been portrayed as holding vast amounts of MP.

God Serena used 3 Dragon Slayer magics and varied attacks, but probably not at their maximum power. He was probably just toying, testing his power, since he's not encountered a foe with whom he could go all out. Full Power God Serena's extent was never showed and will probably never be showed as he is dead...

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
BDKM
Natsu used Blaze dragon mode against Gajeel in the early episodes which said enough. BDKM is either the base Natsu or the weakest mode for Natsu. it is just got upgraded from FDM to FDKM. At Zeref fight Igneel Magic was overwhelming his body he couldn't handle this power that's why he was exhausted no way in hell he could have used Dragon force with Igneel flames that would be where Acnologia is at. Dragon force is the ultimate mode/form or w/e for a dragon slayer. It make sense why he couldn't use DF while using Igneel mana so he used the weakest mode.​
Natsu was using blaze Dragon King spells before he revealed Igneel's power many times. Right off the bat, this meant that FDK can be used more than once and wasn't Igneel's power. Happy had no reaction at first. Natsu started unwrapping his bandages when Zeref make his appearance. Happy was surprised when Natsu was willing to use Igneel's magic early. Natsu used Igneel mana and activate BDKM it doesn't mean it is his strongest form. Natsu showed enough feats to put him on top tiers that's my point he ain't even trying but never deemed worthy enough.
To sum up everything regarding his skills just got upgraded.
Fire Dragon king force - Lighting Flame dragon king mode , BDKM etc im not sure but it make sense

Natsu mana.
DF > LDFM > BDKM (base)
Igneel Mana
DF > LDFM > BDKM( base).

Last edited:

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
BDKM
Natsu used Blaze dragon mode against Gajeel in the early episodes which said enough. BDKM is either the base Natsu or the weakest mode for Natsu. it is just got upgraded from FDM to FDKM. At Zeref fight Igneel Magic was overwhelming his body he couldn't handle this power that's why he was exhausted no way in hell he could have used Dragon force with Igneel flames that would be where Acnologia is at. Dragon force is the ultimate mode/form or w/e for a dragon slayer. It make sense why he couldn't use DF while using Igneel mana so he used the weakest mode.​
Natsu was using blaze Dragon King spells before he revealed Igneel's power many times. Right off the bat, this meant that FDK can be used more than once and wasn't Igneel's power. Happy had no reaction at first. Natsu started unwrapping his bandages when Zeref make his appearance. Happy was surprised when Natsu was willing to use Igneel's magic early. Natsu used Igneel mana and activate BDKM it doesn't mean it is his strongest form. Natsu showed enough feats to put him on top tiers that's my point he ain't even trying but never deemed worthy enough.
To sum up everything regarding his skills just got upgraded.
Fire Dragon king force - Lighting Flame dragon king mode , BDKM etc im not sure but it make sense

Natsu mana.
DF > LDFM > BDKM (base)
Igneel Mana
DF > LDFM > BDKM( base).
I can agree that Natsu couldn't combine DF and Igneel's flames because that'd put him Acnologia level. I think the reason is not that he couldn't "combine" it though, is that he cannot summon DF at will (unlike Wendy).

So I can agree with this:

Igneel DF (yet to be shown, if it will) > Igneel Natsu > DF Natsu > BDKM or LFDM.

So you think LFDM > BDKM? Interesting. That means Natsu could still show his LFDM mode against August and it would be superior to the BDKM mode which defeated Jacob. Still I think LFDM is no longer relevant that's why Natsu hasn't used it in the Alvarez arc. Maybe his BDKM is superior, or something like that.

However your post hints that you assume BDKM Natsu to be Base Natsu, and I think that is not true though.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I can agree that Natsu couldn't combine DF and Igneel's flames because that'd put him Acnologia level. I think the reason is not that he couldn't "combine" it though, is that he cannot summon DF at will (unlike Wendy).

Igneel DF (yet to be shown, if it will) > Igneel Natsu > DF Natsu > BDKM or LFDM.

So you think LFDM > BDKM? Interesting. That means Natsu could still show his LFDM mode against August and it would be superior to the BDKM mode which defeated Jacob. Still I think LFDM is no longer relevant that's why Natsu hasn't used it in the Alvarez arc. Maybe his BDKM is superior, or something like that.

However your post hints that you assume BDKM Natsu to be Base Natsu, and I think that is not true though.
He used dragon king attacks against the war god (Base) , against Zeref's army (base). He melted the stadium in his base. In jacob fight he evaporated the lake in his BDKM mode i can't see much difference tbh even in his physical appearance or aoe it's the same.

Lighting Flame mode is a power boost mode it adds some of Laxus mana to Natsu mana giving him increased magic damage over all. it should be > BDKM.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Well I wouldn't say that he can't will Dragon Force as thats simply not true. Look at the Natsu and Gray vs Mard Geer fight, where in the closing stages, Natsu entered DF at will and began to dominate Mard.

As for which of Natsu's modes is superior, I'd say that his Dragon Force would be his strongest mode as its said to be the power of a Dragon / incredibly powerful etc. As for Flame Dragon King Mode, I'd say its below Dragon Force and possibly below LFD, as in a way its just an enhanced base mode. So I could see it being Dragon Force >> FDKM / LFDM > LFDM / FDKM > Base.

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I personally think the purpose of the fight between Gray/Lyon and Ur was so that Lyon could finally come to terms with Ur's death and so he could be relieved of some emotional baggage, not that Lyon and Gray have surpassed Ur. I think the fight was supposed to be more of an emotional and mental victory for Gray and Lyon rather than a physical one, hence why Hiro didn't show Ur getting defeated. Ur getting defeated or not (I still think they couldn't beat her, we have no evidence that she was actually defeated) doesn't really matter here because the real success was that Lyon could finally start moving forward, not that they could surpass Ur.
You are right in some respect. Yes the point of the fight was for Lyon to get out of his confront zone and take his first steps, but you are ignoring the fact that the first steps were defeating Ur. Ur even responds literally the panel after Gray tells Lyon to take his first step that there is no way they are going to defeat her. The fact that Lyon and Gray were celebrating means that they had defeated her, same goes for Laxus, Wendy and Juvia/Meredy.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
So, it's a fact that Natsu can enter DF at will?? When he used it against Jellal and Zero, he used an external factor (etherion/Jellal power) but with MG there was an emotional trigger (Gray defeated and badly injured, maybe he even thought the worse). I don't think he can enter DF as easily as Wendy, unless he used this gap year to "perfect" entering the mode.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
You are right in some respect. Yes the point of the fight was for Lyon to get out of his confront zone and take his first steps, but you are ignoring the fact that the first steps were defeating Ur. Ur even responds literally the panel after Gray tells Lyon to take his first step that there is no way they are going to defeat her. The fact that Lyon and Gray were celebrating means that they had defeated her, same goes for Laxus, Wendy and Juvia/Meredy.
Them celebrating doesn't necessarily mean that they were able to defeat Ur, it might have just been because Ur disappeared and they were just celebrating because the fight was over. Because if they really had been able to defeat Ur, then that would mean that Wendy was able to oneshot a Demon Gate of Tartaros with an injured leg, Laxus was able to oneshot Hades while severely injured, and Juvia/ Meredy were able to oneshot another Demon Gate of Tartaros and one of the Seven Kin of Purgatory. I know everyone's improved over the past year, but for them to have improved this much is kinda ridiculous.