Discussion - Escanor | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Escanor

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think his will has to do with much. His power is as dependent as can be.

And tripled from where? 50,000?
It is not entirely dependent. Look at the sin vacation chapter for instance. We see escanor basically spending the entire day with the sins. He doesn't seem to need to go anywhere in case he looses control of his powers. And yet, after he fought galan or estarosa he did need to retreat so as to not harm others. So what is the difference? During the vacation events he was able to suppress his power to the minimum plausible. Against galan or estarosa he had to willingly let go and thus increase his PL. That is why his PL burst are so incredibly convenient in the story. That is why he melted a castle when the vampire king annoyed him. His PL does increase as the day goes on. But unless he unleashes his power willingly what we see is the minimum plausible. That is why he melted a castle against the measly vampire king but in turn did nothing even vaguely comparable to that against estarosa.

Yakkun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It is not entirely dependent. Look at the sin vacation chapter for instance. We see escanor basically spending the entire day with the sins. He doesn't seem to need to go anywhere in case he looses control of his powers. And yet, after he fought galan or estarosa he did need to retreat so as to not harm others. So what is the difference? During the vacation events he was able to suppress his power to the minimum plausible. Against galan or estarosa he had to willingly let go and thus increase his PL. That is why his PL burst are so incredibly convenient in the story. That is why he melted a castle when the vampire king annoyed him. His PL does increase as the day goes on. But unless he unleashes his power willingly what we see is the minimum plausible. That is why he melted a castle against the measly vampire king but in turn did nothing even vaguely comparable to that against estarosa.
Another thing worthy of note is that in both cases Sunshine went absolutely haywire it was specifically mentioned that his demeanor changed. The vacation day was a relaxed event. Both Estarossa and the Vampire king managed to piss Escanor off. I think this is when he loses control, the further the day advances, the more an emotional component plays a role for his transformation and power surge and it seems to become harder to control. This also seems to fit the narrative with what Night-Escanor thinks about himself during the day in events he loses it. After the Vampire saga he was embarrassed and mortified to admit to himself that he "lost control again". Even before his recruitment to the Sins he saw himself as a monster. Most certainly because he has this unwanted side to him. His power in itself is fine but when he gets worked up he becomes kinda self-absorbed and the prideful nature takes over. You see it also in how his glare changes.

If the night version of his is powerless and feeble, it makes you wonder whether that is his true nature and the day version has both a "good" and a "bad" persona to itself. I don't think it is so much willingness or unwillingness that dictates his total power but how much he gives in to his emotion.

shadow22

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
given how he reacted when the vampire king thought his poem was an incantation

he destroyed the castle completely a
and his reaction when estarossa angered him
how would he react if merlin was killed or if he learnt
from galan that he turned her into stone

Last edited by a moderator:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
He would destroy him quickly. Unlike Estarossa Galan can't rival Day Escanor even at its weakest.

Rigval

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
I wonder what Escanor's maximum power level is.

Escanorzoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Arthurian escy's triples at noon

SHIKARI22

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I didn't read all the discussion but had a doubt so I am posting this. Can someone clarify.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqiiym6t6foiopz/Screenshot (114).png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwv267lq77d3muj/WIN_20170402_154529.JPG?dl=0
Check these photos. Escanors power lvl in fan translation is written to be increasing in increment of 5 i.e. 50,055 to 50,060 but I just bought the official volume and in official translation its is in increment of 5k i.e. 50,000 to 55 then 60. if its 5K instead of 5 then he is very powerful and explains him being near noon when he defeated galan and massive increase against esstrossa.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I didn't read all the discussion but had a doubt so I am posting this. Can someone clarify.
Check these photos. Escanors power lvl in fan translation is written to be increasing in increment of 5 i.e. 50,055 to 50,060 but I just bought the official volume and in official translation its is in increment of 5k i.e. 50,000 to 55 then 60. if its 5K instead of 5 then he is very powerful and explains him being near noon when he defeated galan and massive increase against esstrossa.
It's 50,055 and 50,060 - refer to this post for FKS's details on his translation. The original spoilers indicated it was 55,500 and then 55,600, but that's not the case.
The 55 and 60 in the official translation also refers to the value of tens and ones, as in "fifty-thousand fifty-five," but they phrased it weirdly.

Last edited:

LivewireToriko

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
It increases by increments of 5.

If he was gaining 5k a second that'd be too ridiculous.

As to the previous question of his full strength who knows.

In Arthurian legend it specifically says his strength tripled by noon then dwindled afterwords after that.

So the most raw guess would be around 150,000.

Doesn't seem like he'd be that strong if he's about 70k+ with an hour left on the clock.

But it's also shown that his final hour boosting is far superior to the earlier hour boosting, when he became massively stronger than estarossa within seconds.

And you also have to take into account his portrayed role in the series that he is the strongest man in the world at full strength(THAT IS HOW HE IS PORTRAYED. I DONT CARE HOW STRONG MELIODAS IS. DONT BRING HIM UP).

It's entirely possible he could be that strong.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, the 5 PL per second is not necessarily indicative of the reality here. We have seen a number of times that escanor can actually increase his power far more than that if he only wills it. We saw his PL explode against the vampire king which caused the castle to melt, something which we didn't even see against estarosa, and against estarosa he made it clear he actually exerted himself a bit and thus his power became uncontrollable. We have also seen the vacation side story where escanor was able to spend the day fooling around with the sins. And seeing an almost naked merlin caused him to lose a bit of control over his power. With that in mind, 5 pl per second is probably the slowest speed at which his power could increase at that time. Basically that is the most he could suppress his power. It's plausible that in different circumstances he can maintain his power even lower than that since he was about to fight.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel it's a good time to bump this thread.

"The One". Let's talk about it.

Escanorzoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
It's either someone from from before the holy war, just a nickname for noon Escanor or a third persona for Escanor (night,day and noon).i guess.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd imagine "The One" is just the most extreme version of Day Escanor's personality. He's arrogant but rather calm initially (See: The beginning of his encounter with Estarossa). He gets more violent and arrogant as the day goes ( His encounter with Izraf and when he killed Estarossa. ) The One just might be peak arrogance and strength. So arrogant that he's naming moves after himself.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Escanor being a reincarnation would ruin his image of special Human IMO. I think The One is an extreme version of his personality during the day as well.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
None of what we have seen suggests in any form or context that escanor could be goddess related. Escanor is a living embodiment of the sun, his power is that of the sun. The goddess clan has the power of light, the demons of dark... We have seen plenty of goddess related abilities and so far none of them has evidenced even heat, let alone a connection to the sun. The power the goddesses have eradicates and counters demons darkness, escanor's sun simply burns it away as it does anything else. Escanor's power as the origin of life even precedes either goddesses or demons or giants to boot.

Baum

Reaction score
Country
Germany
when he killed Estarossa
I just want to point out that Estarossa most likely isn't dead. He and Zeldris both got hit by Cruel Sun getting launched at them, yes, but neither brother was hit by the actual explosion. They both fell in the lake back then and if Zeldris survived that there's zero reason to assume Estarossa died from that attack.

I don't think this is off topic since it's about Escanor fighting someone but I don't think we need to go deeper down that rabbit hole either. It'll be clearer in the near future anyway since the next big stop is Camelot

Back to The One? :p

Last edited:

Magiie

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
As I said in another post, the powers of all the races have their own source of power, escanor's source is the sun, unlike the others sources of power, the sun may only give power to escanor that is why he is so strong, he is getting all that energy just for himself
Maybe the sun is not great entity as the others(the source of miasma or the source of angels power), it could be more like the sacred tree that could become a strong entity capable of sharing it power(not like demon or goddess entity or gods), the only diference is that the sun is far more powerful than the sacred tree(but not than the demon's or goddess)

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I am curious how Escanor got this ability.Is he a vessel or he can channelise the sunlight as his power.How did he gain it.

oxtopus

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I guess escanor's pl was 114,000 when he grew bigger and one-shot estarossa and zeldris

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I guess escanor's pl was 114,000 when he grew bigger and one-shot estarossa and zeldris
It was probably less than that. Escanor was at least a full half hour before noon when he fought estarosa, in turn when he fought meliodas he was but moments before noon. Then again, from estarosa's perspective it probably didn't matter whether escanor was at 114k or 80k...