Shounen - Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto

Tonix

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why do you think Sarada is being portrayed as a whore/being sexualized? She was in her private room, late at night, do you all wear super concealing clothing when you are in private? When I get home, and am in private, I don't feel the need to cover my body either.

There were no booty shot panels, or sexy posses, I think you are just being over-sensitive.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Naw, you didn't read the convo fully. The indoor clothes is fine but her ninja gear is trash and thot-like. Makes no sense why Ikemoto is sexualizing her when he clearly has a template of her outfit with both the manga, anime, and movie for him available.

Tonix

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I went back as far as Mangastream goes (ch4) and it doesn't seem like her ninja outfit has changed at all? So that's at least 9 months of the same outfit, why all the sudden misguided outrage?

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Well, I went back as far as Mangastream goes (ch4) and it doesn't seem like her ninja outfit has changed at all? So that's at least 9 months of the same outfit, why all the sudden misguided outrage?
The problem is with Ikemoto's changes to the original Sarada by Kishimoto. People angry over it have always been angry over it, it is just super annoying and disgusting to see it happening more and more (new things being made to sexualize her) as each new chapter comes out. Clothes, poses and attitude, for example. You cannot find one instance in the original manga in which Sarada acts like she does in Ikemoto's work, or dresses the same or poses the same. You can't because she's been changed completely.

Tonix

Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess we have to agree to disagree then, since I don't see anything sexual about Sarada in the least bit.

I would also like to mention that someone with an established symbol of racism and intolerance in their signature has a lot of nerve to be outraged over how a fictional manga character is drawn. (something about glasshouses and stones or whatever)

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I guess we have to agree to disagree then, since I don't see anything sexual about Sarada in the least bit.

I would also like to mention that someone with an established symbol of racism and intolerance in their signature has a lot of nerve to be outraged over how a fictional manga character is drawn. (something about glasshouses and stones or whatever)
I guess we do have to agree to disagree. I never came here to force you to change your thinking, anyways. You asked a question, I answered. I'm allowed to have my opinions on the matter and I happen to think making a twelve year old girl dress like a prostitute and act sexual is disgusting.

Good thing I don't care what you "think" about my sig or the flags, but please try to keep to the discussion and the point of the thread. :)

Last edited:

Junior

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Sarada is definitely being oversexualized. It's distracting and unneeded. But hey, people like what they like I guess? I just ignore it for the most part.

Last edited by a moderator:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Next chapter is out for those who are interested.

Nothing much I can say about it. Ending was expected.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
It wasn't a bad chapter, it was just...boring. I'm just glad to be over the hostage situation. Hopefully something big will come of this.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
This chapter just made me "lol". Waste of time, Boruto is a prodigy. Next up is the B rank mission but after these "villains" I have no faith it'll be entertaining.

KiSwordsman

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like how the goal is apparently to make Bolt different from his father. However, the only differences I saw so far this chapter was his use of lightning techniques and Uchiha related shuriken techniques (I'm not really sure how taking out shuriken's counts as Uchiha shuriken techniques but whatever). Most of that was textbook Naruto. I will say it's a bit unfortunate that he doesn't know the fire techniques. Ultimate shield my ass.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Anime version of Boruto is far more different than manga version. He really just seems like a more intelligent version of Naruto.

nichendrix

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Anime version of Boruto is far more different than manga version. He really just seems like a more intelligent version of Naruto.
I don't know how much of the Anime will be canon in the Manga, but it seems that another Ootsutsuki will be coming, if so, we already have a hint about how Konoha was destroyed and how Kawaki got his power ups. Also it seems that Naruto's perfect sage mode gives him some measure of ability to see chakra/natural energy.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
The anime and manga are perfect canon, according to Kishi at least. It was hard to see where it exactly sat on a timeline within the universe, but the up and coming Sarada arc at least makes it easier. We know now its a few months at the most before the Boruto movie.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I don't know how much of the Anime will be canon in the Manga, but it seems that another Ootsutsuki will be coming, y.
Nope.

Ita Toneri
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The anime and manga are perfect canon, according to Kishi
As if.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
You don't think the manga is canon despite Kishimoto stating it is? Why?

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Because the original manga is ended.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Huh? What are you talking about? Boruto manga is 100% canon, it's the continuation of the Naruto manga.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Huh? What are you talking about? Boruto manga is 100% canon,.
Only the manga is canon. Boruto is a spin off, nothing more. Other actors, other story.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Because the original manga is ended.
Even if Kishi said it is canon? I can understand denying it, honestly. I really want to considering how they've ruined Sarada.... :(