A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Depends on which one you want to get. syx is currently playing Umineko and likes it a lot, but G-Senjou is definitely shorter. I will send you a link for both, and then you can decide :D
Umineko isn't 18+ btw, not sure if that will influence your decision :kappa
Umineko is pretty long..it'll probably take me a long time to finish. It doesn't really matter that it's not 18+ though...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Are the graphics and stuff more impressive than tsukihime btw? and are there more pictures? because tsuki basically recycled the same pictures for the most part
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Umineko is pretty long..it'll probably take me a long time to finish.
I beg to disagree. Just recently, I started to continue with Umineko and I have come pretty far. G-Senjou felt way longer. niichan most likely can't remember it well, since it has been a long time for him.

Umineko.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
No, it really is. I know what I can and can't expect from you :D

I'm not exactly running around screaming "I'm a Fate fanboy!!", that's what I meant xD

Hmm? It just sound like a lot, I didn't mean to say your work is bad or something ;)
Wait, each chapter is 8 words long....? :XD
Yeah we all know. :kappa Expect the nothingness. :D

Well not literally... But... :kappa

It was bad. Probably. More shounen than Bleach or Naruto.
Word as in Microsoft Word. Geez.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Umineko is pretty long..it'll probably take me a long time to finish. It doesn't really matter that it's not 18+ though...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Are the graphics and stuff more impressive than tsukihime btw? and are there more pictures? because tsuki basically recycled the same pictures for the most part
Well your choice in the end, G-Senjou will definitely be faster.

And lol that almost sounds like a rhetoric question. Like I told you, Tsukihime is very old and back then Type Moon wasn't even a company, they made that thing with more or less 5 people and barely any resources, so everything nowadays looks way way better. Let's not forget that Tsukihime has no voice acting, something that's standard for almost every major VN company.

Let me give you some examples:















Phew not easy to find non-spoilery pics for Umineko.
Anyway, my point is that you shouldn't draw any conclusions from Tsukihime, that thing is outdated (even if it did age well somewhat).

I beg to disagree. Just recently, I started to continue with Umineko and I have come pretty far. G-Senjou felt way longer. niichan most likely can't remember it well, since it has been a long time for him.

Umineko.
You wanna discuss theories with Holt badly, huh? :kappa
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
You wanna discuss theories with Holt badly, huh? :kappa
True, I would really like to discuss and theorize about Umineko with someone who didn't finish it. No offense, I appreciate our discussions a lot, and you know it as well, but there is always this fixed boundary you can't cross for the sake of not spoiling me.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to discuss and theorize with @Holt, since Umineko isn't very long. I will most likely finish it before he even starts.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Well your choice in the end, G-Senjou will definitely be faster.

And lol that almost sounds like a rhetoric question. Like I told you, Tsukihime is very old and back then Type Moon wasn't even a company, they made that thing with more or less 5 people and barely any resources, so everything nowadays looks way way better. Let's not forget that Tsukihime has no voice acting, something that's standard for almost every major VN company.

Let me give you some examples:















Phew not easy to find non-spoilery pics for Umineko.
Anyway, my point is that you shouldn't draw any conclusions from Tsukihime, that thing is outdated (even if it did age well somewhat).



You wanna discuss theories with Holt badly, huh? :kappa
lol...ok..those are definitely way better

Unfortunately, I won't be able to discuss and theorize with @Holt, since Umineko isn't very long. I will most likely finish it before he even starts.
yeah you likely won't...might not start that soon in fact
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,329
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
You were once an amazing, remarkable person...
lol..I know..I still am though. I wil start with G-Senjou for reasons I explained to nii..

Speaking of nii, are there bad ends and stuff too? Do I need to have a guide like with tsuki?
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
There are of course bad endings as well @Holt.
Though I would recommend going through them. :hurr
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,959
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
This is funny haha


What do you think of this? This would have been a good design for Emiya Alter....


I like the Alexander pic, Archer one not so much... :/ Junko-chan though :hurr :evil

Hmm I can't tell you tbh, maybe there was a link on tumblr but I forgot to check it out :(

Yeah, doesn't look half-bad :nod

I'm with you, fallen, corruped vibes are great and/or interesting, if not overdone. Cu Alter is a case where it's just a bit too much for me though. Don't get me started on Emiya Alter though, it's overdone like Cu Alter + a pretty horrible design. There are so many good Emiya Alter versions out there (like Kaleid or the FGO anime special), I'm not sure why they thought this version is better...
I thought you were gonna say you didn't like that Junko pic :D

Also nii is this legit?


If so, where can I read it? Is it new/on-going or already finished?
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
:ck

Because you're not visiting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia


Cute
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---
Nii where do you find these Neverland pieces? They're fantastic.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah we all know. :kappa Expect the nothingness. :D

Well not literally... But... :kappa

It was bad. Probably. More shounen than Bleach or Naruto.
Word as in Microsoft Word. Geez.
I know I can expect a spicy nothingness from you at least :kappa

More Shounen than Bleach? I guess that was before you only cared about panty shots and washboards? :kappa
lol my bad...

True, I would really like to discuss and theorize about Umineko with someone who didn't finish it. No offense, I appreciate our discussions a lot, and you know it as well, but there is always this fixed boundary you can't cross for the sake of not spoiling me.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to discuss and theorize with @Holt, since Umineko isn't very long. I will most likely finish it before he even starts.
Yeah ofc I know what you mean. It's often more fun to talk while you both still know nothing, because it's less restricting. It's why I tried to read a VN together with Sky, but that didn't end well... Anyway, Holt has his reasons why he can't play Umineko now. A bit of a shame, really, but it can't be helped.

lol..I know..I still am though. I wil start with G-Senjou for reasons I explained to nii..

Speaking of nii, are there bad ends and stuff too? Do I need to have a guide like with tsuki?
There are bad ends, but it works a bit differently than Tsukihime. Basically you have one main route that goes from start to finish, and at certain points you can branch of to a specific heroine route. Like Main Route -> (Heroine 1 Route) -> Main Route -> (Heroine 2 Route) -> Main Route and so on. And the Heroine routes each have a good and a bad end. You can even decide to simply ignore the Heroine routes until you're done with the main route, but it's not recommended. Anyway, here's a guide: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/977-g-senjou-no-maou-the-devil-on-g-string/

The Usami Haru route at the end is the main route. Usually you can tell when one choice leads to a heroine route, so I would save at those points or earlier, so that you don't have to fast forward through everything again to continue with the main route. Sounds a bit more complicated than it actually is lol.

This is funny haha


What do you think of this? This would have been a good design for Emiya Alter....



I thought you were gonna say you didn't like that Junko pic :D

Also nii is this legit?


If so, where can I read it? Is it new/on-going or already finished?
Haha not bad :D That Archer Alter design is still a bit too edgy for me, but definitely better than what we got.
And why did you share the Junko pic then? :P

Yeah it's the Heavens Feel manga adaptation I told you about. It started long ago, but sadly at some point it stopped getting Edited Mangas. I think there are 22 or 23 chapters (monthly) and it got translated until 12 or so. Not sure why they stopped, I really liked the adaptation. Beware of spoilers though, this manga is very obviously written for people who already know the VN, in my eyes at least, bc it spoils some important tidbits early on (related to Sakura). The manga is actually expanding the VN route somewhat, like giving more insight to things that were only hinted at or left vague, so I really hope we will get more Edited Mangas at some point. I do keep check of the raws, but it's just not the same xD

Anyway, you can probably find it on batoto.

:ck

Because you're not visiting.
my bad phio-chin, somewhat busy lately :( How are you doing? :hug



Cute
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---
Nii where do you find these Neverland pieces? They're fantastic.
Not bad :XD

Thanks :blush I find them on pixiv usually.


A cyborg huh? Interesting
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I know I can expect a spicy nothingness from you at least :kappa

More Shounen than Bleach? I guess that was before you only cared about panty shots and washboards? :kappa
lol my bad...



Yeah ofc I know what you mean. It's often more fun to talk while you both still know nothing, because it's less restricting. It's why I tried to read a VN together with Sky, but that didn't end well... Anyway, Holt has his reasons why he can't play Umineko now. A bit of a shame, really, but it can't be helped.



There are bad ends, but it works a bit differently than Tsukihime. Basically you have one main route that goes from start to finish, and at certain points you can branch of to a specific heroine route. Like Main Route -> (Heroine 1 Route) -> Main Route -> (Heroine 2 Route) -> Main Route and so on. And the Heroine routes each have a good and a bad end. You can even decide to simply ignore the Heroine routes until you're done with the main route, but it's not recommended. Anyway, here's a guide: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/977-g-senjou-no-maou-the-devil-on-g-string/

The Usami Haru route at the end is the main route. Usually you can tell when one choice leads to a heroine route, so I would save at those points or earlier, so that you don't have to fast forward through everything again to continue with the main route. Sounds a bit more complicated than it actually is lol.



Haha not bad :D That Archer Alter design is still a bit too edgy for me, but definitely better than what we got.
And why did you share the Junko pic then? :P

Yeah it's the Heavens Feel manga adaptation I told you about. It started long ago, but sadly at some point it stopped getting Edited Mangas. I think there are 22 or 23 chapters (monthly) and it got translated until 12 or so. Not sure why they stopped, I really liked the adaptation. Beware of spoilers though, this manga is very obviously written for people who already know the VN, in my eyes at least, bc it spoils some important tidbits early on (related to Sakura). The manga is actually expanding the VN route somewhat, like giving more insight to things that were only hinted at or left vague, so I really hope we will get more Edited Mangas at some point. I do keep check of the raws, but it's just not the same xD

Anyway, you can probably find it on batoto.



my bad phio-chin, somewhat busy lately :( How are you doing? :hug



Not bad :XD

Thanks :blush I find them on pixiv usually.




A cyborg huh? Interesting
Pixiv? The JP Art Site? Would you be so kind as to link me to some blogs or particular artists?
 
Top