Oh boy @syx my friend this is a lot to answer. 
I will try to focus on the important stuff.
That hooded person is not Sephiroth and it is related to the Reunion, yes.
Person X is Sephiroth. You saw Palmer freaking out about it.
In 1997 Hojo wanted to crossbreed Aerith with Red XIII... It got better.
The basic idea was indeed to have Aerith come with them on her own volition.
They were not part of the original game.
Fun fact: When Jenova Puls/Beat enters the third phase, the music you can hear here is the original Jenova boss theme being remade. Such a hype moment.



She actually says "This sky... scares me."
Just as weird as Jenova "Dreamwaver".
As usual SE America must have been drunk while translating the script.

I will try to focus on the important stuff.
You forget that Cloud would never let go of his sword and that thing weighs a lot. ;DTifa volunteered to do this quest by herself because she is the lightest of the bunch, but I heavily disagree with her statement. Tifa definitely weighs more than Cloud considering her boobs.
This is pretty much fanservice. That thing was already there in 1997 and they turned it into something this glorious.WTF was up with the stairs-quest?
We have no idea why that movie played out as it did, but those scenes with Midgar getting destroyed were NOT done by Shinra.But I doubt it's the whole truth, because well... the information was provided by Shinra. Also not sure who the hooded person in the screenshot is. Don't think it's Sephiroth, since they never disguised him up to this point. Is that person maybe related to the "Reunion" term? There is also a Person X roaming around the Shinra HQ as well, but that seems to Sephrioth, further hinted by the fact that Hojo wants to use this opportunity to crossbreed Aerith with that person.
That hooded person is not Sephiroth and it is related to the Reunion, yes.
Person X is Sephiroth. You saw Palmer freaking out about it.
In 1997 Hojo wanted to crossbreed Aerith with Red XIII... It got better.
It was rather convenient in 1997 as well. This time it was a bit funnier though and way less tedious.Uhm... I think the whole stuff with Domino was too convenient, and came out of nowhere without any real build up. He is pretty much only helping me because his pride got hurt. He can go hang himself for all I care. That scene wasn't necessary at all.
The Turks are different from the usual Shinra goons.What I don't get: if torture was a viable option to make Aerith help Shinra to find the land of the old folks, why didn't they do it before? It's not like Shinra is a human rights organization...
The basic idea was indeed to have Aerith come with them on her own volition.
The Whispers are the spoiler police. They make sure that the story will end up the exact same way as it did for vanilla FF7 in 1997.The Moiren got explained a little bit. So, they are neither good nor evil and have no real affiliation? They just ensure that the story/characters fulfill their destiny?
They were not part of the original game.
They don't help anyone. Remember how they revived Barret? They did that because Barret was not supposed to die here.It was said that the planet is going to end, that it is its destiny. Sephiroth's goal is world domination. Cloud and co. are trying to save the planet. How does this all fit together with the Moiren?
On Hard this is pretty much the most difficult fight in the game.a tag team with Barret and Aerith is ultra slow in a boss fight.
Yes this is all real. The only stage which was pure illusion was the Jenova Boss fight.I have absolutely no idea at all what's up with Sephiroth, Jenova and the other bodies (No. #49 and #2) which appeared. Part of me is not even sure if what I am seeing is true. Especially the part where Sephiroth is at the top of the building, and his appearance changes into a hooded person with the no. #2 tattoo accompanied with Cloud's 'vision attack' is confusing as fuck.
Fun fact: When Jenova Puls/Beat enters the third phase, the music you can hear here is the original Jenova boss theme being remade. Such a hype moment.
You'll see him again.The fight against Rufus was fun, but easy to read. He will probably play a bigger role in the future I think?
Square Enix will probably never be able to make a good camera.Played the motorcycle battle of chapter 18. As awesome as the battle was, the game has very poor camera-work. Like... I can't even remember another game with such a terrible camera execution. Changing the settings helped, but it is still far from being good. This battle proved it again, and you can see it whenever you have flying enemies and so forth. =/
Well you've seen Sephiroths wing?What is the meaning of the black feathers?
No.Is/was this Jenova thingy really Sephiroth's mother?
Well you have been playing a part of FF7 which was roughly 3 hours long in the original game. So yeah. Normal.Marvellous final chapter, even though I have absolutely no idea what is going on.Please tell me this is normal for a non-FF player.
![]()

Yes that is true. For both cases.This Zack guy with Cloud's Buster Sword (actually, it is Zack's!?) gave me the biggest wtf-moment in the entire game. It was only in the last scene which made me believe that he is most likely Aerith's first love. The fact that Cloud knows him makes the whole conversation with Aerith before Wall Market crystal clear. Can anyone confirm this?
Just to make you think. Have you noticed the flyer with Stamp from the Zack scenes? That should give you a hint.What happened to Zack though? Did he die due to his injuries before they could reach Midgar, and Cloud kinda moved on? I can't remember Aerith stating whether he is still alive or dead. Or is Zack out there, and if yes, why didn't he show himself when shit hit the fan several times? The ending scene makes it look like he is doing okay. I mean, if he died, then it would have been the perfect time to show us right there. I don't get it.
If I am correct, you'll see towards the end of part 2.Back to Sephiroth. I kinda miss some information in regards to his relationship with Cloud and some backstory about Sephiroth himself. I'm left in total darkness in regards to him. Who even is Sephiroth? What does he truly want and why? Sometimes it is said that he wants to rule the world and other times they say he wants to destroy the world. What is correct here? Or does Sephiroth ruling the world equal to the end of the world? Why isn't Sephiroth dead in the first place? What's up with his mother? And how does the land of Cetra fit in all of this?
The Whispers did show you the future bit by bit, just as Red XIII said. I can't and won't say more than what was said in the game you have played.What did I even achieve at the end? Did I bypass destiny and saved the planet? Or was this not the judgement day at all, and we still drive towards the destruction of the world?

They show the future as well as the past.What is the true nature of Cloud's visions? Do they show the past, the future, or a possible future? It looks like some of the scenes happen in the future like Aerith (could be someone else though) praying or a certain sword clash between Sephiroth and Cloud (which didn't happen in this game). Let's not forget the materias falling on the ground, but this could be very well a scene from the past.
The only "next FF" we will see in the next years are the sequels to FF7R and updates for FF14.I am more than satisfied and will certainly not miss the next FF games if they are as promising as FF7R.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And yet that quote sadly is just one of the many wrong translations in the english version."I miss it, the steel sky"
Best quote to send us off
She actually says "This sky... scares me."
Just as weird as Jenova "Dreamwaver".
As usual SE America must have been drunk while translating the script.
Last edited:
Please tell me this is normal for a non-FF player.
When it comes to fav tracks, I'm usually a bit more on the action-y side haha, but calm/emotional tracks are great too.
Nothing bad about that ofc, think Rider was the only character that really stood out for me back then too
As for the insane Caster, you won't really see him again I fear, until you dive really deep into this franchise (and even then, only minor roles)
A lot of the Fate/Stay Night cast is among my favs, like Shirou. Won't go into details (or more names) for now though, could be spoilerish.
(and I'm happy you recognized him, good job :3)




Are you an FF fan in general/any other FFs you've played? I played a lot of them recently, and enjoyed 15 quite a bit, but I think other parts are stronger, story-wise and in terms of (emotional) highlights. I vividly remember when you encounter that HUGE bird though, and the music starts kicking in... I was like "Whoa holy shit dude" lol
but daijobu,I can endure this one! 
how rude of me not asking you back. how are you doing lately, nii?
I believe in you. I suck too tbh
Hope you're doing okay, hang in there! Sounds like you're sort of "used" to it...


will you be back to admin?
