Shounen - Act-age by Tatsuya Matsuki & Shiro Usazaki | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Act-age by Tatsuya Matsuki & Shiro Usazaki

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I didn't expect that protagonist shift from Riku to Kei, that was great! Really loved the color pages and the part where Kei cried. Especially using that little girl as emotional narrative for the readers is good as it is easy for the readers to empathize with a child. Can't wait for the conclusion next chapter and how the other team gonna handle the challenge thrown at them.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This was one of the best emotional "Back off!"s I have read so far. <3

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Yonagi has had a lot of character obstacles, and the industry will be even bigger. Could be another emotional arc if Kei and Arisa form a strong connection by the end, which I expect.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
So i have been wanting to read this manga for awhile now, and yesterday I finally started. Got me hooked, ended up reading everything in one go.
And I haven't been dissapointed with the story so far. The art style is pretty and the MC is likeable - my favourite arc so far is the galaxy train one. Loved overlap of themes within the play and the actual story is something I really can appreciate.

Interested to see where this story will go, so will continue following this one :nod Yonagi in commericals feels a bit weirdo imo, doesn't really suit her - but I'm sure Arisa can teach her a lot of things (what it means to be an actress) like this.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Same, Galaxy was my favourite arc. The parts with Iwao in the second half of that arc gave me chills.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Right! I expected him to at least see (a part) of the play honestly - messed me up when I found out he wasn't able to. Right in the feels.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Was good to see Kei get comfortable at school, thanks to Ryoma, he's right for sure.

Seems like Kei has to be the main character, at the very least the main young character. Maybe some good veteran actors to learn off, though Arisa is already there and I'd really like that relationship to be in focus (fair chance Arisa's story becomes a focus, as did Iwao and Hanako).

Right! I expected him to at least see (a part) of the play honestly - messed me up when I found out he wasn't able to. Right in the feels.
Yea that sadness folded in so perfectly with the play :crying

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I agree, pretty sure Arisa will play a bigger role and teach her a thing or two (if not about acting, perhaps about her role in the industry).

Interesting how we see Kei becoming famous so fast, must be annoying honestly. Very curious about the historical drama that's coming up, as it's yet again something we haven't really seen in this show (unless we count that 1 time when she was an extra)

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

^Same.

Funny how this chapter went from Akira, who I kinda ship with Yonagi, to Sumiji, who Yonagi loves, probably as a father figure. It played with me.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Oh, Akira and Yonagi would definitely make a great pair. Agreed.

Love how Yonagi tried to deny her missing Sumiji (and realizing she hasn't seen any of his work) - their bond is so precious.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Yea in 113 - it was funny how Hiiragi was like "is she(Kei) really an actress" 😂

114 - Ironically the first half of the chapter was about compatibility, and that's how I sometimes feel with Kei, when she's vulnerable I can feel it (eg when she let it slip that she looks up to Sumiji).

Seems like the historical drama might be set 10-20 years ago. I was thinking Edo period or something lol.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Chapter 115 just came out!
According to google, a Taiga Drama is something very expensive and prestigious so this is definitely a good chance for Kei.
Interesting how the vibe of this audition is so different in comparison to the previous auditions she went to - love the way Kei approached this.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Kei completely owned those other girls. The idol will probably get a role in the drama I think, she seems to want to be a part of it if Kei is, and she's a nice girl too.

Seriously, Tamaki is sexy. I didn't expect the girl from the movie to be featuring in this drama. Tamaki has all the right motivations to be a solid rival for Kei, and Kei responded well too. Sumiji has some pull with these type of women.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Good chapter again. Tamaki is a totally different level of opponent for Kei. Not just the acting but it's clearly adult vs child - for now.

ItsSamu

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Caught up last month and this current arc is already looking promising, can't wait to see how them sharing one character will be played out.

Even though Night of the Galactic Railroad/Double Cast arcs are probably the most beloved from what I've seen, as a film/TV lover I found myself gravitating more towards those sorts of arcs (Death Island is still my fav, Cinema Club was also nice short arc). Fully prepared for the Taiga Drama to top everything else before it.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Okay finally caught up, it's definitely interesting to see how the three will play that one character - but also them living together. I think Yonagi could learn a lot from Tamaki, but perhaps also much from Satsuki.

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
risk of cancellation of the manga. But wait for a real source to see if it's true

We learned this morning, via the NHK, of the arrest of screenwriter Tatsuya Matsuki. The latter was arrested for committing an indecent act on a girl aged 10 to 19. NHK has not provided additional details at this time.