All-Purpose Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
yea damn school! $%$^$%^#
I WANT TO SEE COLORINGS AND FAN ARTS LOTS OF THEM! AND IN THE CONTESTS!!!!
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
There is a few of them that I added to my gallery that I didn't even try to add to the contest....Not impressive enough.
 

KALiZU

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2006
Messages
452
Reaction score
163
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
OMG. >.< One more win and it's goodbye to the Amateur Contest. D: Hope I don't win in the current votings D:.
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I somehow feel that the contest is biased by the manga popularity, I wonder if there would be a way to reduce that.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I doubt it since they're manga colorings. :lmao


It'd be nice though.
 
Last edited:

verdygo

Artist
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
202
Reaction score
17
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Ha, ha! Two votes this time! :)

But yeah, ten votes already. That's nearly all the votes from last weeks. BTW, pretty good entries this week.
 

DaKroG

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2007
Messages
136
Reaction score
75
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
France
Thanks to anyone who made me win the Fan-art of the month and the advanced coloring ! ^^
 

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
909
Reaction score
323
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
If you don't vote for me, I kill you!

Haha, there aren't many submissions lately...I guess everybody is busy with school!
Yeah ... you're so right ... I'm doing my end exam next week ... annoying thing ^^

Hmmm I've gotten just 2 votes?
Is my coloring that bad xD
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah ... you're so right ... I'm doing my end exam next week ... annoying thing ^^

Hmmm I've gotten just 2 votes?
Is my coloring that bad xD
It's very good, it's palette I don't use. I especially like your Duval, looks great!
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
If you don't vote for me, I kill you!

Haha, there aren't many submissions lately...I guess everybody is busy with school!
School has all but killed me dead :XD

I can't wait for summer. I want to have time to color manga again.
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I agree with you all about the school thingie. I am too busy with school too. No time to do any coloring until summer. =/ Probably can only do sigs for the moment because sigs don't consume that much time.
 

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
909
Reaction score
323
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
yeaaa though I thought it was too much XD well it's better than getting 10xxxxx entries of the same page of the same manga I'd enjoy more bleach and DGM fan art TT_TT
btw
Congratulations to all the winners!
HakoHero Very nice cell-shading!
DaKroG and QianQian I loved your two entries the most! I'm looking forward to see what other works you're preparing!
Of course the other entryes both for amateur and advanced were great! I'm glad you guys take the time to participate in contests! I enjoy seeing your works!
Agree in every point ... though I've finishing school in may .... yeah that have been long long years :D
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Hey, guys! I'd like to appologize for not making the results today for the contests. I'm feeling very sick. But I will take care of them tomorrow! I PROMISE! xD
Thank you for your patience and understanding <3
 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I was wondering! Take care and eat hearthy!
 

Stiluz

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
513
Reaction score
150
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
I've been drowned with school work, but polls will get up today, sorry for the delay. <3
 

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Re: Advanced Coloring Contest - Voting (#12 - 13) & Submissions (#14 - 15)

[highlight]Advanced art contest[/highlight]
Has been extended to another two weeks due to lack of submissions. We're waiting for everyone's entries and looking forward to what you guys will impress us with!
Submissions due 21th April .
Contest Duration: March 24 - April 21th
Thank you!​
 
Last edited:

Baka Taichou

MH Tsundere Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 20, 2007
Messages
2,770
Reaction score
5,687
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Advanced Art Contest
Has been extended to another two weeks due to lack of submissions. We're waiting for everyone's entries and looking forward to what you guys will impress us with!
Submissions due 21th April .
Contest Duration: March 24 - April 21th
Thank you!



Amateur Art Contest
The results for the amateur contest week #13 have ben announced! You can go view them here.
Congratulations to DouVerdugo for winning first place! and Congratulations to everybody! All the submissions were gorgeous!
Don't forget the voting for this week has already started! And sorry for the delay ...Anyway, fly there and vote!



MH unofficial Staff Creativity Contest #03
Also , would like to remind everybody that the MH staff creativity contest Voting is still on until this Sunday/Monday.So if you did not vote yet you can go here and vote. The entries are all very nice ^^. Thank you!
​


 

TheGenius

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2007
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Bouhhh...I lost:( I hate Naruto!

I think people go mostly by popularity. Majorly people would not vote for a manga they do not know. Bleach and HxH came last with some pretty good work...

But congrats to the winner!
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bouhhh...I lost:( I hate Naruto!

I think people go mostly by popularity. Majorly people would not vote for a manga they do not know. Bleach and HxH came last with some pretty good work...

But congrats to the winner!
Yeah, unfortunately, there is manga bias when it comes to voting. It'd be nice if everyone would just vote by the actual coloring skill rather than being influenced by what manga its from.

Darn, extended contest. :notrust I hope I do well in this one; its my first time entering the advanced contest.


I was hoping HiruKo's would win. To me, it has a better choice of colors and shadows than the first place one.
 
Last edited:

Waeyen

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2007
Messages
544
Reaction score
306
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
What ?!?
Mugiwara_no_Jack have only 1 vote
for this Awesome Double Page ?

Ohh man... :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top