All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

D. Hawk

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
380
Reaction score
50
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Ok, signature submited.
this will be a great week.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

So many good looking sigs! I've fallen in love with leaf's "Maid" sig. Awesome job! It's great to see D.Hawk participating now in the contest. Welcome! Puzzle-like effect hey? Mmmmm. This week's contest is going to be very challenging indeed. I still can't make my mind up on what theme to go with! :s

 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The winner of the candy contest has been decided. While all of the entries looked delicious, the reigning champ is dHEKU! :confetti
Be sure to wish him congratulations as he savors once again the sweet taste of victory.​


On another note, the anniversary special contest seems to be going rather nicely thus far with quite a few lovely signatures, and thus far each submission has been from a different past theme. :tem

I hope that while you were all searching for past themes you took a few moments to admire the accomplishments of some of your peers in the Sig Contest Hall of Fame. As I'm sure you're aware, not all of the wonderful signatures that have been submitted reside in the Hall of Fame. If you have the opportunity, I would encourage you to also peruse the old submission/voting threads to view the other signatures, all of which are unique and interesting in their own ways.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:eek 4th Consecutive defeat! :crying What's wrong with you people? Are you blind? :p

Congrats to dHEKU!
:confetti​

Awesome job! Great use of renders and pics. Vote for me next time.​
 

dHEKU

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2008
Messages
66
Reaction score
18
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

great, thanks, I'll stop a little bit with the signatures because of the college. But with this victory my plan is coming more and more....Become a signature contest winner of THE YEAR!

MUAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

sry.. u_u
good luck with the new contest.
 

Razeus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Well I do admit that you have alot of creative ideas I hope you do win signature artist of the year. I'll just keep on trying hard next year and such.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:eek Times running out!!! I need to finish this damn sig. *gasp*
 

D. Hawk

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
380
Reaction score
50
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ dHEKU
LOL, gratz!:smile-big

@Coffee
Men!!! You signature is awesome!!! I realy like to see that music efect.
Tell me, how you make that? Brush? Vector? Tell me, NOW!!!
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

They rly r beautiful oo I think it's brushes, with an amazing effect >< Love this bright light effect that you guys can do.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Note that on my signature, the C in musiC is even correctly placed XD~
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Yatta! I've finally submitted my sig! :smile-big

I initially started working on a Graffiti-themed sig but I stopped mid-way through it all because I felt that it wasn't good enough and it just didn't look right to me. After debating and considering the other options, I decided to go with music! It took me ages to get the right balance of colours to compliment the main picture. I didn't want it to look overcrowded and messy, neither did I want it to look plain and simple; I'm very happy with the overall appearance of my sig now though. :)

I think this has been my best work to date in this contest. I hope you all like it and good luck to you all! :p
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Buggy =
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

No No~ XD, sorry, I just thought Id share the full render, cause I almost used it as well~
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

LOL! Oh ok. That's cool. :XD

I was worried for a minute. :p Yeah, that's probably one of the best pictures I've found/used lol.
 

WhatWhatinthebutt

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
106
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The quality just sucks on mine, but whateva...
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

/\ loved that one XD the other one I haven't seen yet


lol, it's the same XD so, loved it!
 
Last edited:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

The anniversary special is over, and we are back to original themes for another year! :tem All of ten submissions for the past theme special contest look very good, and it seems that music was a favorite theme. Voting is now open to determine the winner. Good luck to all! :hbunny

The new contest is up, and the new theme is metamorphosis. Basically, this contest is about transformations. It is pretty straight-forward as a concept. I hope you enjoy it. (If I remember correctly, this was one of the ideas on Buggy's list, and so I wanted to give him special mention as well. ;))
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

cool new theme :D bleach immediately came to mind when i saw transform... well so did transformers but >_> i went with bleach. think it looks okay.

P.S congrats to dheku winning last time ^_^ good luck with the artist of the year!
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Excellent choice, Tsukisama.

:eek Already three submissions. LOL! Far~ you've already won my love. :p Classic sig imho. Great title as well.

I'm currently stuck with two ideas and trying to figure out how to fuse them together into one fricking awesome sig. I have a feeling though that I'll end up with two completely different sigs xD. I guess I might submit two sigs this time around. :plot
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top