All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:jawdrop OMFG!!!!!! I'm going nuts right now!

Seriously. That is one insanely awesome Vendetta sig, Shin Akuma! :nuts

How late were you to the deadine? :( Can't we make a voting poll to request your sig to make the submission!? Arrrrrrggh. I guess you can use it for a future sig...because you haven't actually "submitted" the sig yet, right? ;)

I like the new theme a lot! Thanks and great choice, Tsuki. I just hope we don't get like several Naruto-related sigs...:p
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

besides the yellow dots and the rectangle in the corner, I like the sig, Shin~
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I'm sorry that you did not get to submit your signature, Shin Akuma. It is very nicely done, and obviously you put effort and thought into it. :( Feel free to hang on to it until April when you can enter it in the past theme annual anniversary contest.

I like the new theme a lot! Thanks and great choice, Tsuki. I just hope we don't get like several Naruto-related sigs...:p
Naruto signatures? :?bunny Why would there be a lot of those for this theme? Because of Madara's plan or Rikudo sennin making the moon?
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Not necessarily because of those two reasons. *shurgs* I just got the feeling that many would use the moon theme to make a naruto-related sig. E.g. Dark-evil twisted Sasuke standing in the middle of the night with moon shining or another character focusing towards the moon at night or whatever.

I hope I'm wrong though. ;)
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I was going to make an akatsuki sig but it's the obvious choice since it's a manga community. I'm thinking about werewolves ... :P
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

lol i was thinking about wolves too. But i think i will go with something different.
 

NinjahKat

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
35
Reaction score
21
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I wonder if anyone would actually vote for a Twilight sig...
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I wonder if anyone would actually vote for a Twilight sig...
If it is very well done (and the one I like the best out of all submissions), I'd vote for it, and I feel sure that others would as well. :hbunny
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I wonder if anyone would actually vote for a Twilight sig...
I hate twilight more than anything else.

But that wont affect my judgement. The best signature will get my vote for sure.
If you put effort on a sig it will win, no matter what's the theme or the stock you use.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Do you mean a Twlight sig for the Moon theme, right? There's no problem with that.

Anyone thinking of making a DBZ-related sig? :blink
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Made a submission for the new theme. Thought about making a wolf sig, but found it to be common, so i went with a dragon. I was playing Crisis Core and saw Bahamut during his summon and thought it looked really cool :D Even though it did not come out quite how i imagined it.

*sigh* gotta practice more with Gimp or get back photoshop
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I'm really not sure about my submission. I made it last night and went to sleep. When I uploaded it this morning I was like: was it me who made this? it looks weird :S yeah especially that border ...
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

mmmmm after more thought about the Memory theme in the last contest I realize that I should have added an explanation about my choice of character/title for those who don't know....

(Shika Doesn't Count)
 

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
288
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

mmmmm after more thought about the Memory theme in the last contest I realize that I should have added an explanation about my choice of character/title for those who don't know....

(Shika Doesn't Count)
I loved your signature for the Memory theme. Not only was it well done from a technical point of view, it was also unique in the way it was in parts rather than a normal rectangular signature shape. Just like how memories also have distinct segments e.g. childhood memories, high school memories etc. And the fact that you used my favorite anime character was a bonus :amuse Definitely a good choice of character and theme. Saber ftw! :cheerbunny

But it must be said, all the submissions in that theme were outstanding. It was interesting to see each artists' unique interpretation of the same theme and I can see it resulted in some brilliant signatures. Originally, I thought an abstract theme like memory would be quite difficult to make a signature around, but obviously it has turned out well. Thanks goes to Tsuki for the great theme and also to the contestants for making the best out of it. Congratulations minna~
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

When is the deadline to submit sigs for the moon theme?

Sorry for the dumb question, but I am new to this.


nevermind mind, I found it.

I haven't tried my hand at sigs before, so it will probably suck, but I need a new sig so if I get it done on time I'll submit it. I'm going to do one from Blade of the Immortal about the fight between Manji and Magatsu which took place during a full moon.
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Quick question DeBaron - is that "Magatsu" or "Mangetsu"
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Quick question DeBaron - is that "Magatsu" or "Mangetsu"
It's Magatsu Taito. He's a super cool character, one of my favorites of all time, and wears a mask kinds like Kakashi, but actually takes it off, lol.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

oh I just thought it would be cool if it was "Mangetsu"
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010


:confetti
The winner of the memory contest has been decided in a very close race! The winner, earning his first solo sig contest victory, is ~Buggy*Fly~!! Congratulations!!! :cheerbunny
:confetti

Be sure wish him congratulations for his wonderful win! :tem
​

I hope we get more moon entries soon. The two we currently look lovely but also very lonely. :worrybunny
 

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
1,074
Reaction score
288
Gender
Male
Country
New Zealand
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratulations on your first win ~Buggy*Fly~ :cheerbunny

We look forward to many more masterpieces from you in the future.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top