All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Yup, I thought of that one too, but I changed my mind because i think they're not that popular ;P
Really? I actually thought it would have been a really common idea XD
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Its new, its nice, and theres some new renders out for it~
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I was thinking of making a Rei Miyamoto sig not too long ago. :p
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I wasn't going to make a sig for this theme, but I then decided to avoid school work a little longer. I had two initial ideas, sadly I think the second one was better than the one I chose - It was to do something from Bleach with the Shinigami in school uniforms. Instead I did something from Naruto, because I'm not really into Bleach that much anymore. I'll post it soon, just need to chose what version to submit. I never know whether to go with more or less effects, or what type of border.........

@Buggy- Man that sig is soooo Epic, can't help saying it again. Luv it!
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ DeBaron8 - Thanks a lot. It really is the best art piece I've ever done on PS lol. I wanted to "reproduce" the epicness that Oda naturally produces week after week in OP. :D

*No OP for 4 weeks. :crying

Anyway, I really hope we get more school sig submissions. There are so many anime characters that you could choose for this particular theme. I personally think we're spoilt for choice. :P I'm having a tough time to choose tbh....I doubt that anything I make in the future will beat my OP sig. I'm so damn proud of it. :crying :shakefist
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I also hope we get more entries, it was so nice to see like seven entries last time. Hopefully, there will be more to come, I'm going to post mine now.

@ Buggy - Yeah, I can't believe there is no OP for 4 weeks, very sad. Although I think the next chapter will be worth the wait.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

and suddenly we pull in 40 voters?? jeeeeeeze~ thats around twice the amount of the usual voters....
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

^ I wonder how and why, Coffee~ :jk

Remember it's 1-1 atm. One a piece. :D hehehe
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

that's a lot of votes... most i've seen so far actually
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Hmm... Buggy, I think you got the right idea with that link in your sig. Good work recruiting voters, it would be nice to get more voters and entries in these contests.
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010


:confetti
The winner of the strength sig contest has been decided in a landslide decision (getting 21 out of 41 votes), and the person with the strongest signature is ~Buggy*Fly~!

Not only was the signature very well done, but it was also a very timely given the 4-month hiatus that OP is currently experiencing. I'm sure OP fans felt some cathartic release in viewing and voting for this signature, which showed the strength of the entire Mugiwara crew so tastefully. Good job! :luffy
:confetti

Be sure to wish ~Buggy*Fly~ your congratulatory wishes as well! :tem
​


I am a little sad to hear that the school theme is seen as hard. :worrybunny
I thought that it might be a rather easy theme given how many school-based anime and manga there are. It could even be about an aspect of school like DeBaron8's Class Clown signature. Like was mentioned earlier, if it even has school in the name of it, it is fair game.

Hopefully more submissions will come this week, and it was really nice seeing so many voters and entries for the previous sig contest. Perhaps we could keep this momentum up! :whoabunny
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

:confetti
@ Buggy - Congrats on the well deserved and landslide win! :clap2​
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congrats to BuggyFly :D A well deserved win indeed and by a hug margin at that :blink not that it's surprising considering the feedback it got XD
:yourock​

Submitted a sig for the school theme. It's based on a game I'm playing now, Persona 3 Portable.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Congratulations ~Buggy*Fly~ :) you got my vote even though I'm a contestant. Gotta be honest! it was a great work.

Hmm, let's wait for some more submissions ^^
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I'm glad that you were able to take part in the contest, kakashi919! :D The signature looks very nice. What type of game is Persona 3 Portable?
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Hmmm... It's like a classic turn based RPG,though you don't run aroundlike open world. The unique thing about it is you have to go to school and get your academics, charm and courage stats up to complete certain events. Talk to different people and do requests. It's a really time consuming game for me. You know what... here's a link to the gameplay -_- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L56_aiMCEC0
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thank you very much everyone! I am very pleased and satisfied with this victory. :D I hope some of those who voted or were attracted by my sig advertisement will eventually take part in these contests soon. Thanks goes to my fellow contestants as you are the key ones who influence and motivate me in getting better and improving time after time. :thumbs

I'm looking forward to the future rounds of this beautiful contest and I wish you all the best of luck as well. :)


Edit: Oh yea I forgot to add: Hey Coffee~ 1-2 :vbunny

hehehe~
 
Last edited:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

hmm, the signature thread is pretty dead. I wish we had a thread where we post and critic/discuss our latest works... But I doubt that this will happen since most of you guys look busy and can hardly find the time to make the contest one :S

Anyway, I hope we see more entries in the little time we have left.
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

You can still discuss previous sig submissions and contests in this thread, Shin. That's why it's called "All Purpose Discussion Thread". :amuse Don't worry, I understand what you meant though. To keep the discussions fluent and flowing a separate thread would be nice. :) I have time to discuss, post and reply to the discussions in this section. I just don't like it when my posts are merged due to the lack of activity from other members lol. I'm sure if we all promote the contest in our sigs or something we could attract more members.

MH could promote the contest in the shouts out or somehting too. I doubt it'll happen though. :worrybunny

I'm currently working on a school sig, hopefully I'll make it before the deadline. :thumbs
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Thanks for the feedback ~Buggy*Fly~ .
This thread allows us to discuss the contest entries. By saying "latest works" I meant any recent signature we made despite it being for this contest or not.
This signature domaine is very rich and vast and I wanted everyone who enjoys making new signatures everyday to share their experience by presenting their works in order to help the rest with their experience, tutorials and guides.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top