All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Hows this looking?

 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@ Cofee: It looks great and I finally see what's going on it, though I don't understand it the slightest :D
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Coffee - I really like the blood and lighting on the render. Looks really intense! :D I like the kanji text, but the other text by the knife is impossible to read and looks out of place to me. The other thing I'm not sure about is the small reflection of the render on the right side. I think the concept is great, but IMO the size and location looks strange. I wonder it could work if it was larger with a little less opacity?
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Im :mad almost everytime XD I guess im just overly competitive
*Ahem* Before I forget...

:confetti
Congrats hatsuharupeace!!!​
:confetti​

:D I know what you mean, Coffee. I would be :mad if I lost by a vote or two. Oh wait....I have in the past. >.<
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Hi :) I want to submit this for the Blood themed sig contest, but I would like some tips and feedback before I actually enter :sweatbunny


@ Rofl - The eye on the right panel is skin coloured instead of white :sweatdrop
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

skin coloured instead of white :sweatdrop
Aye, I know but I didn't fix that anymore, it's just a fun approach born from the topic anyways :D (all the colouring only done with hue/saturation, it's loaded with flaws :amuse)

I like your sig, it's a nice concept and looks fine, especially those blood drops and the text is very well included. I'm a bit surprised though that all the sigs so far turned out so little bloody and gory :amuse
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Ice - Welcome to the sig contest :D

Your sig looks cool, has a nice and clean look. Like Rofl said,a nice concept. Maybe you should put the blood splatter behind the render on the right? It would blend in better that way imo.

That's all i have to say.... Good luck
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Your sig looks cool, has a nice and clean look. Like Rofl said,a nice concept. Maybe you should put the blood splatter behind the render on the right? It would blend in better that way imo.
No way put it even behind, the amount of blood on it is low anyways and it looks really fine with the blood in front :oh
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

No way put it even behind, the amount of blood on it is low anyways and it looks really fine with the blood in front :oh
I guess that's just me... Little blood indeed.
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Iceiphoenix - Welcome to the competition!!! :D It's good to have new participants. Your sig also looks quite good. The renders are very nice and clear. One thing that looks a little off to me is the lighting on the right renders hood and left arm. When I first saw it I thought it was blood, mabye that's what your going for, but it was confusing. I liked the shaded part on the left side of the sig, you could probably think more about lighting effects across the entire sig, as well as where you want the focal points to be. This way you can create more of a 3D appearance and let the renders stand out more. Hope this helps. :)
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Tryed another version of the Hellsing Sig and I think some others will follow as there's a motive of Seras I definitly got to try out :amuse
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Oh, congrats hatsuharupeace!
(I'm late... but better than nothing XD)

My computer is back... brand new!
it's sparkling... as all the problem was dirt @_@
but, unfortunately I'm very busy finishing my... monograph? (er... I don't know how it's called in english... the work I need to make to graduate XD)
so I'll be missing this theme...

there're great sigs... and Far submitted one! great!

@Rolfkopt3r - you're really excited about your sig, aren't you? This is good... working in what you like is so much better :]
I really liked the first one of Seras!
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,680
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Hey, Nana-chan#1 XD!
Good luck on your grad work^^ Hope you rock it!
(We need to show up at PT-thread XD)
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

*Ahem* Before I forget...

:confetti
Congrats hatsuharupeace!!!​
:confetti​

:D I know what you mean, Coffee. I would be :mad if I lost by a vote or two. Oh wait....I have in the past. >.<
Ya but It happened to me ...... 5 times lol
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I'm thinking of doing more work on this and see what the outcome is.

 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

I just thought I'd give you guys a head up - It seems that the image gallery and the previews are now showing the entries as .jpeg images. Only through the temporary download link in the sublissions gallery can you see the images in .png format. I PM'd Tsukisama about this, so hopefully it will be fixed, but I made a second version of my sig that looks better if people are only going to see it as a blurry .jpeg. :p

I also hope we'll get some more entries, Blood is a great theme!
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Ya, hasnt that been happening for a while now???? or at least off and on?
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

Yeah, it happened a while back and then was fixed for a while. I just noticed it again, because it really affected the appearance of my blood sig. The blood got all fuzzy and my text was unreadable. :darn I also went back and looked at Tsukisama's solution last time, and as far as I can tell it doesn't work anymore.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2010

@Kakashi: The previous one is way better.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top