All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Damn....guess I wouldn't do my venom sig then >_< or maybe I will.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Damn....guess I wouldn't do my venom sig then >_< or maybe I will.
Why not?
Remember that we'll be using the same render in the upcoming contest :)
I guess there's no problem if you use the same character here xD
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

^ Well, I'll leave that to the same render theme :XD I want to use a different character from everyone else for this one. I'm quite surprised noone has done a Shikamaru sig yet :oh

Found a great render that I think will fit this theme. Gonna work on it now :tem
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

LOL, I dont render my own either usually, the only time I do that is if
- I cant find a good render of a character that I need
- Also cant find a stock that with that character in it that I can use

@Bugzee -

still think that avvy/sig combo is entertaining - even if it is OP


and did someone say Shikamaru sig? =



lol​
 
Last edited:

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

:XD Awesome Shika sig Coffee~

This is what I'm walking on... Should it be brighter? Or is it good dark like that?




walking....:facepalm *working*
 
Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@Kakashi - I can't really tell what is in the middle and left side, so it's probably a bit too dark. But my monitor calibration could be off, so wait for the response of others before you change it. However, usually my monitor looks brighter than most.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@DeBaron - Yeah it doesn't look too good like that. I already made some changes before I went to bed and I think it looks a bit better.

@Farfalla - Love all the sigs :wtf
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

:noseblees :faint

:XD

Made a few adjustments, and this is the outcome. Think I still need to make a few modifications though.




guh...typo :darn
 
Last edited:

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

at kakashi, thats a bit better - thought wise

Maybe if you sharpened the hand up a bit?

or also had a beam of light fall onto the monsters face?







@Farfalla -
Ya I saw you begging for a gallery - lol
 
Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

...:blink



Coffee!!! Damn you!! :yelling

That's an awesome shadow-themed sig. :zomg I'm lovin' it. Now that I've looked at more variations of that sig; I honestly prefer this one. The newer versions are a bit overdone, if you know what I mean. It's too sharp? :s I don't know how to explain it. The render looks like it's about to disintegrate into pieces lol and you need to work on the spread of the blue glow!? ^^

@DeBaron - Yeah it doesn't look too good like that. I already made some changes before I went to bed and I think it looks a bit better.

@Farfalla - Love all the sigs :wtf
And I love you x*
Jin's heartbroken. :crying
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

ya I was thinking the same thing, but someone mentioned that it needed more work XD -

when you say work on the spread of the blue? what exactly do you mean??
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

It's like all over the place and it doesn't look right to me. Make it more "tidy". What's the blue thingy pattern suppose to represent? It would be nice if you could evolve/transform the idea into something else...like flashlights...or a lighting signal to indicate that "someone is looking for venom". ;)
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Love u the most, Jin xD

And I did beg Ç.Ç If I have to, I'd be on my knees xD
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Obrigado. :redface

@ Coffee & Far~ I wouldn't call that begging. :neutral It was a simple request. Same as everybody else. The only difference; Far was already a Manga Editor and there is no subgroup for "Manga Editor/Artist of MH". So in the end your gallery was approved and you decided to keep the orange Manga Editor username. That's all. =P
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I want a different color name...but I don't want a gallery :eyeroll

I actually wanted to make a animated gif with my sig, with a broken light that keeps flashing. But I doubt it will be small enough to submit -_-;
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@ kashy, you referring to me? Well...as a matter of fact, I'll be requesting a new member status very soon. I just gotta get a few more wins under my belt. :cheez You wanna become a translator or something? :blink

Having a lil animation in a sig doesn't drastically increase the overall size of the gif file you know. You might as well give it a go. What exactly did you have in mind?
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Well, when I'm finished learning Japanese,sure why not.But I just want my name in a different color :XD like blue :hurr

I was thinking along the lines of what Coffee said actually... A broken flashing light by the monster's face. To give it a more stalking effect :tem
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

http://mangahelpers.com/news/details/457

The 'new' Featured Manga section~~~

LOL!!!
I saw that header the other day and was like, that looks like Coffee's work. Great job! I really like it. :D About your shadow theme sig, I didn't comment yet, b/c I'm not sure which I like most. I like each for different reasons, so it's hard to pick the best one. The fire in the last two looks better than the first. I like the look of the blue in the last one in places, but then if compared to the first it seems that the render as lost some of its depth. So I'd say I like the left side and fire on the last two more, but that there may be too much effects on the centre of the render, b/c it should stand out more. I'm not sure if this makes sense even to myself, sorry.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on my most recent sig, I've been busy this week, so I was trying not to post as much.

Btw, I have a new coloring, I still need to fix a few things, like some lines I should have deleted, but I posted it anyway. It's from Bleach even though I don't really like Bleach all that much anymore.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2268666#post2268666
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top