All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

coffee, your right...
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

She looks so sexy. :nosebleed :nosebleed :nosebleed


Nice one, Debaron! :hearts
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

ahhh your right, the part of her hair that is over her shoulder right???

I also found another part I need to fix due to your comment, TY
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I'm glad that you guys like the Hinata pic, it's so cute. I'm so happy that I remembered it, b/c otherwise I would have skipped this theme. I think I can get some of the male voters with this render, lol. Plus, I knew that you'd all like to see it. :)

Here's my coloring work in progress. I hope to finish the coloring part tonight (hair and swords), and do the effects and background tomorrow. It's my favorite pirate from the most recent One Piece chapter. So SPOILER WARNING to those not current in One Piece.



Coloring update - All done but the swords, metal is so hard to get right. So this must wait until tomorrow.
 
Last edited:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I wanna understand this rabbit thing ;-;
The Chinese zodiac cycles through twelve animals every twelve years. The Chinese New Year just occurred, and we have entered the Year of the Rabbit. In honor of that, I made the current theme "rabbit."
:vbunny​
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Oooohhh! Cool!^^ Ty^^
And r u guys making a colouring contest between contest sig's peeps? We could try to join a colouring contest together! XD
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

The Chinese zodiac cycles through twelve animals every twelve years. The Chinese New Year just occurred, and we have entered the Year of the Rabbit. In honor of that, I made the current theme "rabbit."
- Tsukisama actually means "I was waiting for an excuse to do a Rabbit theme because I like Bunnies!!"

And r u guys making a colouring contest between contest sig's peeps? We could try to join a colouring contest together! XD
- .... I don't think so. I just started sharing my coloring to get some feedback along with the sigs and then a couple others started doing the same~
- I might enter the coloring contest though~


speaking of the colorings =






 
Last edited:

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@Coffee and Farfalla - I should get you guys to add the effects to my colorings. Because I suck at that stuff. Coffee the spotlight effect on you coloring looks awesome, and the lines are all very clean now. And Farfalla, I always love your coloring contest entries they always have beautiful atmospheres and effects to give a very nice overall product. My colorings always lack this feature.

At the moment I will probably enter some older colorings in the winter cotest and mabye the new Zoro one, which I just finished.
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

If I remember correctly, I think theres some winter art competition, and I was looking for someone who was good at drawing to team up with~ I used to draw, but I suck at it now~
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

If I remember correctly, I think theres some winter art competition, and I was looking for someone who was good at drawing to team up with~ I used to draw, but I suck at it now~
Yeah, I would be in a similar position. I used to draw too, but I haven't done so in years and was never that good anyhow. I wish Crtl-Z existed in real life, then I could have some potential. :P Though I did draw a Chopper pic over the holidays for my sister and it's kinda cute, but certainly not contest worthy, at least not without ditigal editing.

My new Zoro coloring is done, if anyone wants to check it out I posted it HERE. Any feedback is most wlecome. :)
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@ DeBaron8:
Your coloring skills are good. Don't say things like "...Because I suck at that stuff...".
The coloring you posted looks like a 3D game character version of Zoro. If we look at it that way, then I would say that it was done perfectly. But if we look at it from an anime perspective, I would say that it needs to be similar to the anime coloring style. Keep up the good work.

Tsukisama actually means "I was waiting for an excuse to do a Rabbit theme because I like Bunnies!!"
+1 here ~Coffee~ xD
 

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
551
Reaction score
571
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

@ Shin - Yeah, I never thought of it that way, but I guess the coloring method/style I used this time is more game-style than anime style. I like trying different stuff and this way saved me from making linearts, which was kinda nice. Plus I like the faux-realism look and was suprised that I could even pull it off. And I didn't mean that I suck at coloring, but just adding effects to creat a nice atmosphere.

I seem to be on an art kick (cough -addiction) right now. So here is my bunny sig attempt made in the wee hours of the morning. It kinda just happened. I positioned the render and then opened a few fractals (without even moving or resizing a single one). I spent most of my time on lighting and some blurring, and the text. Considering this I think it turned out quite well.

 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

ooo thats nice, bright n sparkly, which it seems MH members like -

I was always under the impression that Deviant Art images were off limits, but if they are not - woooo~
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Coffee~!

I've found so many super smexy bunny-related renders/pictures recently! :zomg I can't make my mind up on which one to use! :hearts :nosebleed :hearts

How's your sig coming along? :cheez

@ Debaron8 - lookin' good so far~ :hurr
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

I posted a few tried a few posts back - go look at them~
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Those were old sigs. :-_-

Crap. I need to decide which render I'm going to submit for the render contest lol.

Anyway, how confident are you in winning this rabbit-themed contest? :D
 

~Coffee~

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2010
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,014
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Old? I made them yesterday~ lol

Not very confident ~

Though I just remembered that I drew Ryo Ohki (A cabbit) a long time ago, so Im gonna go look for that drawing, maybe Ill scan it, color it and use it in a sig~
 

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Yesterday = old. Stop pretending that you didn't know about it. :-_-

Really??? :blink

You still running with that mokona idea?
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Guess we can w8, so^^ But we should totally try in the future! It's called "amateur" for a reason XD
I'm learning too, DeBaron^^ Ty. Maybe we could share colouring stuff in this thread, so, like Coffee has been doing, so we could get some tips from all. IMO, the background could be in a different shade of blue, to add some contrast^^
Oh, BTW, awesome rabbit sig, DeBaron! Rly cute *0*
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top