All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Hmmm...but Bugz hasn't been here in a while,no? :oh
I blame Bugz then for the dead thread :noworry
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Yeah he hasn't shown up here for a while :D
I don't blame anyone -_-

The only bad thing is that I have only a few subscriptions (MH threads). My control pannel is always dead except when someone posts here :P
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I wish my subscription page was like yours.... I have like 26 to check lol
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
That's 'cause you won't play mafia game anymore ;-; BTW, you saw Evil's magia image, Shin?
I really don't feel like playing the mafia game these days :S and I haven't seen the image you mentionned oO.

I wish my subscription page was like yours.... I have like 26 to check lol
nah it's pretty boring to have a short list of threads :S
 

Gintara

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2007
Messages
417
Reaction score
386
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Nice sigs, guys! Glad to see that you guys are posting possible entries for the next sig contest. Feedback is always helpful. I'm going to try to post some possible sigs here (I have an Ao no Exorcist sig that needs some feedback) I don't know if I can work on one this weekend due to being someone's birthday here lol

@Tsuki: I don't mind actually. I think it'll be a great theme since there's a lot of things people can do with it.

edit: Here's the sig. Feedback much appreciated. :3
 
Last edited:

darkdana666

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
238
Reaction score
183
Gender
Female
Country
Serbia
Interesting theme this week! Maybe I'll join in. X)
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Nice sigs, guys! Glad to see that you guys are posting possible entries for the next sig contest. Feedback is always helpful. I'm going to try to post some possible sigs here (I have an Ao no Exorcist sig that needs some feedback) I don't know if I can work on one this weekend due to being someone's birthday here lol

@Tsuki: I don't mind actually. I think it'll be a great theme since there's a lot of things people can do with it.

edit: Here's the sig. Feedback much appreciated. :3
Awesome choice of colors. Just work a little bit on the face it's a bit sharper than it should be ^^ Other than that it's freaking awesome ! oO
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
I really like yours Gintara, rin looks so badass there :zomg
the sig looks galaxy-like, but thats just me.

Is it better to sharpen a signature?

Here's mine, not sharpen yet:
After sharpen...:
Feedback/thoughts pls ?

I think I over sharpened it :s
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
@Gintara: Yours looks great! I like it. Keep up the great work. :)

@Zeltrax: I like yours as well. I'm not familiar with graphic terms so I had no idea if you oversharpen it or not, but I think it's pretty good. :) Maybe adding more background? I feel like the background is somehow plain.
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
@Zeltrax:
Here are some tips:
- Sharpening is not always needed but it helps defining the focal.
- Sharpen before adding the text.
- Use 'smart sharpen' instead of 'sharpen' option. (not always though).

Those were general tips. Now, about your Zoro sig:
The idea itself is great but you need to give it more time ^^ I think that the background needs some work. Also, the colors are a bit off :S because there is a weird mix (maybe it's just me). Try and duplicate the render and smudge the bottom one(s) according to Zoro's movements.
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
@Zeltrax: I like yours as well. I'm not familiar with graphic terms so I had no idea if you oversharpen it or not, but I think it's pretty good. Maybe adding more background? I feel like the background is somehow plain.
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind :).


@Zeltrax:
Here are some tips:
- Sharpening is not always needed but it helps defining the focal.
- Sharpen before adding the text.
- Use 'smart sharpen' instead of 'sharpen' option. (not always though).

Those were general tips. Now, about your Zoro sig:
The idea itself is great but you need to give it more time ^^ I think that the background needs some work. Also, the colors are a bit off :S because there is a weird mix (maybe it's just me). Try and duplicate the render and smudge the bottom one(s) according to Zoro's movements.
Thanks but I made a huge mistake, there is no way for me to shart sharpen or fix the smudge for this sig now, the psd file..was..not..saved..:crying
the one saved was the when all the layers had merged so it is impossible to get back.
I get what you mean about the background, doesn't seem to go exactly well with the render, and I see you've noticed the text, yeah..that's because I don't have the psd file.
I think maybe I'll attempt another one, this one didn't turned out the way I wanted..
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Ah that sucks.... not having the psd. Happened to me a lot too :(
I have to finish my sig by tonight cuz I may not have the time next week. I want to make other sword sigs as well.
 

Zeltrax

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,583
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
A little late but..
@Kakashi I really like the colours and the way you blend the c4ds together with the renders in your sig :wtf
You don't plan to continue/use that?
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Thanks~

Yeah, I'm still trying to adjust it a bit to see how it turns out. Having a bit of trouble with the text, like I always do lol. But making other sigs is always good practice, never know if you might create something even better :XD
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Here's another try:
It took me a long time T_T I hope everyone likes it.
 

Gintara

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2007
Messages
417
Reaction score
386
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Thanks Zel and Shin for the feedback; I'll just remove the sharpen or lower the opacity on Rin then. I wasn't sure if it fitted.

As for tips on Sharpening, you can always Fade Sharpen after sharpening too. It allows you to lower the opacity and change the layer style. That and Smart Sharpen is a good method too. There are other ways to sharpen (like High Pass) but those two are mainly what people use.

You can go for a HDR effect too if you know how to as well.

@Shin: I think the flames part should be spread out a little more; it looks stay put in one place. ;)
 

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
2,817
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
@Shin: I think the flames part should be spread out a little more; it looks stay put in one place. ;)
Actually there was a problem... The render I used for the flames was too small and when I tried to smudge or liquify it it became so blurry and lost it's shape :S Nothing I could do to fix it...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top