Discussion Alvarez Mages Power Rate - [FINISHED]

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Bradman, God Serena, Dimaria, Larcade, Irene, August.
My prediction for the order in which they'll go out one by one from lowest to highest.
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Out of the supposedly "Top 3 Spriggans", I rated 2 of them low. God Serena is also included in that list.

I rated Dimaria and August high and Bloodman fairly high. But then, the rigged system has been going against my votes throughout this whole time. Maybe a miracle will happen....
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Brandish got what she deserved and then some. 7 is a FT number so it's not a bad spot for her :kappa

I don't agree with Bloodman being top 6, but maybe it's because he's a dark horse and a little tricky to place. He's got all Tartarus curses, which we're quite familiar with and he's incredibly versatile. I'll see what score he gets before commenting.

As usual thanks to BP for his charisma and style with these ranks.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I'm okay with these being the top six. Again, no major gripes about the rankings until we get to the top 3 - which should be occupied by August, Irene, and Larcade.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
But then, the rigged system has been going against my votes throughout this whole time. Maybe a miracle will happen....
I wouldn't call the system rigged. BP isn't rigging the game as far as I know... he's been averaging user scores.

The discrepancy lies in how to put a numerical value on a power level, and if people are using the same scales. I disagree with how just about everyone has done it, but that doesn't mean I'm right and they're wrong. Just done differently, and while that's also a problem when taking averages this whole thing is meant to be for fun and not some scientific study lol (not that you're implying this I'm just saying it).
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
@Nemispelled don't tell me you ranked Invel high and feel spite since he didn't place higher? This ranking has actually been pretty fair besides Ajeel and Brandish's placing
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
It's a blasphemy.Blasphemy.I demand immediate action against @Brandish for giving Brandish only 1 out of 10.Or else i will have no choice but to start a law suit against him.
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wouldn't call the system rigged. BP isn't rigging the game as far as I know... he's been averaging user scores.

The discrepancy lies in how to put a numerical value on a power level, and if people are using the same scales. I disagree with how just about everyone has done it, but that doesn't mean I'm right and they're wrong. Just done differently, and while that's also a problem when taking averages this whole thing is meant to be for fun and not some scientific study lol (not that you're implying this I'm just saying it).

Oh, nah, BP isn't rigging the system. When I gave him my scores for each Spriggan, I told him that my ratings won't matter because the overall results will already have been rigged.

He assured me that everybody had been giving fair answers with little trolling. Then, when the results came out, I disagreed with the majority of the results. I'm not saying people here were trolling, but I think the FT Power Rating System is rigged itself.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Nemispelled don't tell me you ranked Invel high and feel spite since he didn't place higher? This ranking has actually been pretty fair besides Ajeel and Brandish's placing

Actually, surprisingly, I ranked Invel only a little above average. And I actually don't praise Invel as much as @BluePegasus did. He's an alright Spriggan, and I did place him above the average score that he got, but 8th place was fair enough.

I'm more surprised by Jacob's rating, Wahl's rating, and God Serena's rating. Jacob should have gone right after Neinhart. Wahl shouldn't have even gone anytime soon. And God Serena should have been a victim by now. But hey, at least Brandish is out. :noworry
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
God Serena is one of the most underrated Spriggan just because he was one shotted against Acnologia.Any other Spriggan will also get the same treatment.


His Base state was itself was equal to most of the Spriggans and his DS state is much more powerful than that.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,974
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Randi huh............ The very representation of "Two sides of the same coin"

- Command T. Has 2 variations. Reduction and Expansion.
- She is both underrated and overrated.
- She has two crosses
- She is hesitant about two sides: Alvarez or Lucy?
- Trolled by other Spriggans, but she was able to stab August and shrink his wound, the strongest Spriggan.

 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Oh, nah, BP isn't rigging the system. When I gave him my scores for each Spriggan, I told him that my ratings won't matter because the overall results will already have been rigged.

He assured me that everybody had been giving fair answers with little trolling. Then, when the results came out, I disagreed with the majority of the results. I'm not saying people here were trolling, but I think the FT Power Rating System is rigged itself.
I apologise then, I wrongfully assumed you were talking about the rating being rigged.

As for FT PR itself, yea I can agree to that. It's fickle at the best of times.

Randi huh............ The very representation of "Two sides of the same coin"

- Command T. Has 2 variations. Reduction and Expansion.
- She is both underrated and overrated.
- She has two crosses
- She is hesitant about two sides: Alvarez or Lucy?
- Trolled by other Spriggans, but she was able to stab August and shrink his wound, the strongest Spriggan.
That's a nice way of putting it. Also she was master of Marin but slave to Aquarius.

 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
@Nemispelled don't tell me you ranked Invel high and feel spite since he didn't place higher? This ranking has actually been pretty fair besides Ajeel and Brandish's placing
Well, one could also say "The ranking has been pretty fair besides Invel and Jacob's placing".
We all have different opinions, saying "this has been fair ASIDE FROM THAT" is wrong in itself. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.
 

Star Frost

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
2,380
Reaction score
4,638
Country
United States
I feel like Bloodman should've been 7 then Brandish should be next. Idk maybe it's just me:neutral
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Going for Serena going out next.

My wildcard here is Larcade, in my opinion he should be 3/2 but I know that there are some people who don't think he's massively impressive.
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
Going for Serena going out next.

My wildcard here is Larcade, in my opinion he should be 3/2 but I know that there are some people who don't think he's massively impressive.
Wait, what.
I actually put Larcade slightly below Dimaria in my list. I might underrate him though, but you're massively overrating him if you put him at second place.
 

Laxus chan-yo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
590
Reaction score
2,635
Age
36
Country
Abu Dhabi
I think it is unbelievable that weaksauce Brandish is number 6. She is canonically weaker than enhanced Neinheart who got two-shotted by Natsu. She has hax but NLF should apply and her durability is incredibly weak. SOOOOOOOOOO weak in fact.

- Oneshotted by Cana
- Oneshotted by Dimaria
- Hand-waved into dreams by August
- Overpowered by Neinheart
- Was beating Lucy easily
These are her combat results. Congratulations Randi you were beating Lucy :yodawg

The poster Brandish is top tier but the character Brandish is bottom barrel. She is the weakest Spriggan after Neinheart and Jacob.
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Wait, what.
I actually put Larcade slightly below Dimaria in my list. I might underrate him though, but you're massively overrating him if you put him at second place.
Fair enough, I can see why you might think Larcade would be below DiMaria (it's never explicitly stated that he has MP comparable to August/Irene, so he might be able to get caught in Age Seal) but I think his hax is massively OP and his physicals are pretty good too. I just think that for all of Irene's hype she doesn't really have much in base and Larcade could potential be above base Irene IMO since we've seen his Pleasure magic effect her.
When Irene enters her dragon form I could see her stomping him through physicals though. Basically, if Larcade used RIP right away I think he might have a chance of beating Irene before she transforms.
It's kinda hypocritical of me saying Irene didn't live up to her hype when I'm championing Larcade, so I definitely get what you're saying.
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
Fair enough, I can see why you might think Larcade would be below DiMaria (it's never explicitly stated that he has MP comparable to August/Irene, so he might be able to get caught in Age Seal) but I think his hax is massively OP and his physicals are pretty good too. I just think that for all of Irene's hype she doesn't really have much in base and Larcade could potential be above base Irene IMO since we've seen his Pleasure magic effect her.
When Irene enters her dragon form I could see her stomping him through physicals though. Basically, if Larcade used RIP right away I think he might have a chance of beating Irene before she transforms.
It's kinda hypocritical of me saying Irene didn't live up to her hype when I'm championing Larcade, so I definitely get what you're saying.
I get what you're saying dont worry, and i agree with you. Imo Irene and Larcade both didn't live up to their hype, in actual combat that is.
But yeah, Dimaria above Larcade might be too much considering that Larcade's magic even worked on Irene and Zeref. It's just me being biased :derp

I just find Larcade extremely lame overall. His hunger hax was resisted by a fucking exceed ffs.
 
Top