American Politics

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Well, Trump is an idiot, and we know the republican party is a joke right now. I wonder if Pence somehow offered some sort of benefits for Trump choosing him. Wouldn't be shocked as Trump is crooked as well.
Is he? I think he's guilty of being careless, but I wouldn't say he's dumb.

And I doubt it. What would Pence be the broker of that Trump couldn't get on his own. This whole thing about him being an "outsider" is mostly nonsense.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
When I say "idiot," I mean it as "he's a piece of shit who has no idea what he's doing, especially if he becomes a president." Not an attack on his mental intelligence per se, though I do doubt whether he has EQ, but he does seem to be woefully ignorant.

I don't know. Maybe Trump was forced to take him on by the republicans? I wonder how Christie must feel now; wasn't be hoping to be chosen as vice president?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't know. Maybe Trump was forced to take him on by the republicans?
I mean, I'm not sure what kind of power they'd have over him. People would have to believe they'd cut off their nose to spite their face.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ah, these little racist rascals.
Republicans says so many things lately of which i would have been sure before that it would lead to a resignation.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, can't say that is surprising at all. Trump's basically managed to stand out as the most overtly racist candidate among a bunch of other racist candidates... Is it a surprise that the republican convention would be a cesspool of racism? If anything what little has been said is probably only the tip of the iceberg.

On another note, I couldn't help but laugh when I read the comparisons between ivana's and michelle's speech. Seriously, how unaware is the guy who writes their speeches? I can't fathom why trump's campaign would appeal to anyone...
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I mean, I'm not sure what kind of power they'd have over him. People would have to believe they'd cut off their nose to spite their face.
Dunno, money maybe?
Ah, these little racist rascals.
Republicans says so many things lately of which i would have been sure before that it would lead to a resignation.
Republicans of Lincoln's era would be so embarrassed.
Well, can't say that is surprising at all. Trump's basically managed to stand out as the most overtly racist candidate among a bunch of other racist candidates... Is it a surprise that the republican convention would be a cesspool of racism? If anything what little has been said is probably only the tip of the iceberg.

On another note, I couldn't help but laugh when I read the comparisons between ivana's and michelle's speech. Seriously, how unaware is the guy who writes their speeches? I can't fathom why trump's campaign would appeal to anyone...
I would not be shocked if that was done on purpose, though.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I would not be shocked if that was done on purpose, though.
You mean the speech? I considered that possibility but I couldn't wrap my head around why anyone in his right mind would ever do this... If she sabotaging herself? Did someone try to sabotage her? Did they think no one would notice? Or do they trying to take the "there is no such thing as bad publicity" thing even further? Overall it is something that does not make sense.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Maybe they figure what worked for Obama will work for the Trumps too? Plus, it's not like Trumps were the first to plagiarize.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, after all the European elections lately in which right extremists or other populists did insanely well or even won, all i can say is: Do it better, america.

I am fairly sure clinton will be elected.
The bigger question is how well it will go for her with uniting the country.
I think the backlash from all the 'angry old white men' which are led by trump now actually came to place because obama was really good at uniting people and even appeasing the more moderate republicans.
This made the far right corner even more estranged and vocal.

Personally, i think we are in a phase of autocraiticism rising all over the world, no matter where you look.
Even autocratic systems get more autocratic.

If we look in 10-20 years, we will see in which countries more liberal forces prevailed and in which they didnt.
And i really hope the USA will be one of the countries which kept their liberal values.

Edit: I actually do not even want to know how trump, as a president, would react to thimgs öole they coup in turkey, terror strikes or in the power struggle with china in the pacific ocean.
I really just don't.
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Honestly, i use to be more confident that trump would loose but seeing how things have turned up up to this point i am less confident. However atrocious trump is, the fact is that his supporters are going to show up to vote. Hillary in turn is not getting anyone excited. I really think apathy will end up making trump president, just as apathy got uk out of the EU. Heil trump!
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Honestly, i use to be more confident that trump would loose but seeing how things have turned up up to this point i am less confident. However atrocious trump is, the fact is that his supporters are going to show up to vote. Hillary in turn is not getting anyone excited. I really think apathy will end up making trump president, just as apathy got uk out of the EU. Heil trump!
Unsure. I trust the US there. While Clinton is not exciting, the fear of trump is.
So polls so far are promising, too.
Also, i am unsure whethere Trump supporter are really more likely to vote.
Clinton didnt really excite the democrats either while sanders supporters were very vocal. She still won by a large margin in the primaries.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Unsure. I trust the US there. While Clinton is not exciting, the fear of trump is.
So polls so far are promising, too.
Also, i am unsure whethere Trump supporter are really more likely to vote.
Clinton didnt really excite the democrats either while sanders supporters were very vocal. She still won by a large margin in the primaries.
Why would you trust them in this? Realistically speaking trump even being a serious candidate for president of the US should have been impossible and yet he crushed whatever milligram of common sense and decency the party had left. And yet he made it this far. Trump is a real and actual threat, him winning is a more than serious possibility. Just look at brexit. Britain leaving the eu is every bit as bafflingly stupid as trump being president. and yet apathy got them out. Shit is getting very real....
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Why would you trust them in this? Realistically speaking trump even being a serious candidate for president of the US should have been impossible and yet he crushed whatever milligram of common sense and decency the party had left. And yet he made it this far. Trump is a real and actual threat, him winning is a more than serious possibility. Just look at brexit. Britain leaving the eu is every bit as bafflingly stupid as trump being president. and yet apathy got them out. Shit is getting very real....
I wouldnt say that. Anti EU feelings are not uncommon all over europe, and the british already had one referendum like this before.
It is stupid, but it was in the field of exspectations. Britain was not the first country openly thinking about leaving the EU, and there are countries in which the majority of voters, if asked, would vote anti EU.

The US is another playing field. The voterbase of trump is ever declining. This is the verge of losing their power, if they win this election or not. By now, they can only win if the opponent's forces really don't like their candidate.

However, you have to take into account that trump is not liked by a lot republicans , too, and, as i said, the the fear of trump can mobilize those who would not care for president clinton otherwise.

I don't see Trump winning this, like, at all.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh boy.
If Cruz ever did something right in his life, it is what he did now :D

I guess he wants to run for president next election and will be one of the few guys who can say 'oh well i was against trump'.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Trump linked Cruz's father to JFK assassination and said his wife looks like a recovering meth addict. I think this is gonna hurt Trump's chances to win in Texas. Did any republican candidate lose there in Las 30 years?

On the other hand, why Hillary is taking so long to announce her VP? It seems she'll choose between Kaine and Vilsack. None of them sounds interesting. Both Dems and Reps have weak candidate.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Well, after all the European elections lately in which right extremists or other populists did insanely well or even won, all i can say is: Do it better, america.

I am fairly sure clinton will be elected.
The bigger question is how well it will go for her with uniting the country.
I think the backlash from all the 'angry old white men' which are led by trump now actually came to place because obama was really good at uniting people and even appeasing the more moderate republicans.
This made the far right corner even more estranged and vocal.

Personally, i think we are in a phase of autocraiticism rising all over the world, no matter where you look.
Even autocratic systems get more autocratic.

If we look in 10-20 years, we will see in which countries more liberal forces prevailed and in which they didnt.
And i really hope the USA will be one of the countries which kept their liberal values.

Edit: I actually do not even want to know how trump, as a president, would react to thimgs öole they coup in turkey, terror strikes or in the power struggle with china in the pacific ocean.
I really just don't.
We have more idiots living in this country. I"m not gonna be shocked if Trump wins.

My guess is, he'd either not address them or say something stupid or inconsequential. Trump didn't know what Brexit was, right? I can see him saying, "well, I'll check it with my party and see what we can do." or something.
Honestly, i use to be more confident that trump would loose but seeing how things have turned up up to this point i am less confident. However atrocious trump is, the fact is that his supporters are going to show up to vote. Hillary in turn is not getting anyone excited. I really think apathy will end up making trump president, just as apathy got uk out of the EU. Heil trump!
I think the possibility of Trump presidency would be enough for non-republicans and people with brains to actually vote for Hillary. At least, I hope. Last republican presidency nearly ruined America, last thing we need is a republican who doesn't even have experience in politics. I cannot understand how or why anyone would believe Trump's bullshit, and I am confident most people who do are blind sheeps or idiots.
Trump linked Cruz's father to JFK assassination and said his wife looks like a recovering meth addict. I think this is gonna hurt Trump's chances to win in Texas. Did any republican candidate lose there in Las 30 years?

On the other hand, why Hillary is taking so long to announce her VP? It seems she'll choose between Kaine and Vilsack. None of them sounds interesting. Both Dems and Reps have weak candidate.
What makes you think that? Has Texas supported Cruz or did they like another candidate? They probably prefer Trump anyway, and I could see this hurting Cruz if he decides to run for president again.




Love how republicans made a joke out of this election and their own party. Good going, guys. Democrats also showed their corruption as well, which is probably why Hillary not only got away, but probably beat Bernie significantly. If Obama did let Hillary's friend/VP candidate go, then he's just as bad as they are. I forgot the details though.

I wonder if Hillary will address BLM or the issue of cops murdering/using guns freely.
 

Onyx Darkmatter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
512
Reaction score
115
Age
31
Country
United States
I wonder how Christie must feel now; wasn't be hoping to be chosen as vice president?
You have no idea just how hard I laughed after I've thought about it. The pain and humiliation he had to endure just to think of having a possibility to get picked as VP, only for it to backfire. :teehee
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, say about sanders what you want, but he left a much more graceful image than any republican.
They either fell in line at once because they wanted to get something out of it, or they went into the state of whelping dogs setting their sight on the time after trump.

Sanders (even if ia critisized him for his late ensorsement) tried his best to get some of his policies more potlight and to make clinton back them.
He fought his best to get the best outcome for the US, not for himself personally in my opinion.

To trumps speech: lots and lots of empty promises for everybody. As usually, there is not a lot with meaning to be found in his words.
He seems to have a hard time finding his tone when not talking to angry supporters.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
What makes you think that? Has Texas supported Cruz or did they like another candidate? They probably prefer Trump anyway, and I could see this hurting Cruz if he decides to run for president again.
Cruz is a senator from Texas. He has a huge fan base there. In the Texas primary, he beat Trump by 17 points. That being said, Texas has always been a republic state. Don't think Hillary has much chance there.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well, say about sanders what you want, but he left a much more graceful image than any republican.
They either fell in line at once because they wanted to get something out of it, or they went into the state of whelping dogs setting their sight on the time after trump.

Sanders (even if ia critisized him for his late ensorsement) tried his best to get some of his policies more potlight and to make clinton back them.
He fought his best to get the best outcome for the US, not for himself personally in my opinion.
I think Hillary should choose Sanders or Warren for VP. That will get her the progressive votes she needs to beat Donald Jr.
 
Top