American Politics

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Probably an excuse for losing. I wonder if Hillary would say the same thing if she lost.

Could also be a way to get more support or more people against Hillary as well.
I can't fathom this being deliberate to be honest. It is way too stupid.... What would even be the point? Are you telling me you genuinely believe that trump gave this a serious thought and concluded that attacking this family in the same way he attacks everything else was the course of action that would get him the sort of attention he wants? That cannot plausibly be a thing. The most he could have thought it "Welp, there is no such thing as bad press" but event then this is too much. He has half the party being apologetical of him at this point... Unfortunately we do live in a world where someone this objectively stupid gets to be a presidential nominee. It wouldn't even be the first time. Just look at this quotes about or from good old reagan:

"Poor dear, there's nothing between his ears."
--British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher

"an amiable dunce"
--Clark Clifford (former Defense Secretary)

"President Reagan doesn't always check the facts before he makes statements, and the press accepts this as kind of amusing."
--former president Jimmy Carter, March 6, 1984

"His errors glide past unchallenged. At one point...he alleged that almost half the population gets a free meal from the government each day. No one told him he was crazy. The general message of the American press is that, yes, while it is perfectly true that the emperor has no clothes, nudity is actually very acceptable this year."
--Simon Hoggart, in The Observer (London), 1986

"Growing and decaying vegetation in this land are responsible for 93 percent of the oxides of nitrogen."
--Ronald Reagan, quoted in the Los Angeles Times, October 9, 1980. (According to Dr. Michael Oppenheimer of the Environmental Defense Fund, industrial sources are responsible for at least 65 percent and possibly as much as 90 percent of the oxides of nitrogen in the U.S.)

"Trains are not any more energy efficient than the average automobile, with both getting about 48 passenger miles to the gallon."
--Ronald Reagan, quoted in the Chicago Tribune, May 10, 1980. (The U.S. Department of Transportation calculates that a 14-car train traveling at 80 miles per hour gets 400 passenger miles to the gallon. A 1980 auto carrying an average of 2.2 people gets 42.6 passenger miles to the gallon.)

At least for me it was hard not to find reagan's own idiocy and complete disregard for, well, facts and knowledge oddly familiar considering trump. So not only there is area possibility of trump winning this, which is terrifying, but there is also a chance that the republican party might even like it if he does the stuff he wants to do. And then will go on to basically "edit" the parts they don't like about his record as they did with reagan. Of course, this is the age of the internet and it would be much harder to pull of than before.
Trump's target audience isn't rational people, it's Islamophobic idiots, racists, and conservatives. Saying something like this would make us facepalm, but his supporters and party would say "fuck yeah, fuck Muslims!" I mean, you see Shark's inaccurate posts and claims about Muslims and Muslim refugees in this thread, so that should give you an idea.
 

Onyx Darkmatter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
512
Reaction score
115
Age
31
Country
United States
I don't know, at least with Ronald Reagan, he was loved by many American people (and, to my knowledge, he really did loved his people). Trump, on the other hand, lacks this charm.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if he lost the election, he would definitely blame Hillary for rigging the race and people will munch on his words (it happened with the primaries between him and Cruz; don't remember which state it was, but one day he congratulates Ted and the next he accuses him of rigging the race). That's just the type of person he is, sadly.

Hm? Did I miss something?
I believe he was referring to Trump's comments about veterans (saying he prefers victors and not POW, like McCain).
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I think Trump attacked Humayun Khan's parents, not sure if he attacked the captain himself. Said the mom was quiet likely because of Islamic ways making her quiet.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Trump's target audience isn't rational people, it's Islamophobic idiots, racists, and conservatives. Saying something like this would make us facepalm, but his supporters and party would say "fuck yeah, fuck Muslims!" I mean, you see Shark's inaccurate posts and claims about Muslims and Muslim refugees in this thread, so that should give you an idea.
Well, yes. But for the most part what he has said so far on this does not even cater to those guys. It's possible a couple islamophobic idiots would not mind what trump said in this case. It's plausible a racist person would think of this as "ok, one less brown in the world, yay". But as a whole this is something that should do nothing but alienate votes he needs. He was literally too stupid to realize what he was saying. He is literally too stupid to stop. The only plausible way this might make sense is that we assume he literally does not give a crap about being president at all and would say anything that gets him his fix of attention. I mean, this isn't even about muslims or refugees. It's about someone who literally died for the US and his family. And trump at best lacked the brain cells to respond this in the way a half decent human being would and at worst lacked the basic humanity for it. The whole thing is so ridiculous that the idea of trump being a plant meant to make hillary win just seems way too believable. Although that would not explain why a sane person would do what trump just did to himself (safe or hillary being a witch and putting the guy on a spell).
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That is why i said it has to be deliberate: At this point, i am halfsure that trump does not actually want to win the election.
Noone can be that bad at what he does when he has advisors. Except ben carson maybe. I would give ben carson the benefit of the doubt here. But pretty much noone else.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
That is why i said it has to be deliberate: At this point, i am halfsure that trump does not actually want to win the election.
Noone can be that bad at what he does when he has advisors. Except ben carson maybe. I would give ben carson the benefit of the doubt here. But pretty much noone else.
Realistically speaking there is no reason to think trump does not want to win the election. Sure, his idiocy is astounding however that is not really actual evidence hat he does not want to win. If you read up on him online you will find plenty of information about how he is consistent on plenty of issues and his behavior through the campaign is actually consistent with how he generally is. As for the advisors... He is clearly not listening to them. If anything he has made the point that he has not listened to anyone on anything for a while. The republican party is a party of crazy people, trump is not the first or the last. I mean, you are talking about a party who thinks climate change is leftist mumbo jumbo in spite of scientific consensus, sarah palin was mccain's VP choice even though she is every bit as stupid and ridiculous as trump, Ben carson is a scientist who does not "believe" in evolution. Ted cruz is so crazy every other mainstream republican hates his guts. Marco rubio and Kasich are what the party considers their "sane" members... It's not deliberate, this is merely a party that opened its doors to crazy people and can't close them anymore.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Well, yes. But for the most part what he has said so far on this does not even cater to those guys. It's possible a couple islamophobic idiots would not mind what trump said in this case. It's plausible a racist person would think of this as "ok, one less brown in the world, yay". But as a whole this is something that should do nothing but alienate votes he needs. He was literally too stupid to realize what he was saying. He is literally too stupid to stop. The only plausible way this might make sense is that we assume he literally does not give a crap about being president at all and would say anything that gets him his fix of attention. I mean, this isn't even about muslims or refugees. It's about someone who literally died for the US and his family. And trump at best lacked the brain cells to respond this in the way a half decent human being would and at worst lacked the basic humanity for it. The whole thing is so ridiculous that the idea of trump being a plant meant to make hillary win just seems way too believable. Although that would not explain why a sane person would do what trump just did to himself (safe or hillary being a witch and putting the guy on a spell).
How does it not? He criticized Muslims and made fun of the grieving family. I know a Trump supporter who got mad at the parents for bringing up their son for "liberal agenda," instead of being mad at Trump for the shit he said. I'm not sure if Trump is stupid, but he got this popular because of the shit he says, not because he says smart things or things that make sense.

How much support did Trump lose? Most republicans will vote for him anyway just because he's a republican, and many democrats/Bernie supporters are voting for him over Hillary. For Trump to really lose votes, he has to actually say smart things like being against building walls or banning a group of people.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Right, so we are supposed to believe from the Muppet colored, hero insulting moron that hillary is a witch:facepalm. Sure, if a poll suggests he is winning somewhere and then he looses the whole thing must be rigged.
Honestly, I would have at least considered voting Republican this election if it wasn't for the fact that Trump is the nominee.

And then will go on to basically "edit" the parts they don't like about his record as they did with reagan. Of course, this is the age of the internet and it would be much harder to pull of than before.
This is what i sort of alluded to earlier. These days, to the average person who is old enough to remember Reagan's time in office, there's nearly nothing negative even moderates will say about him. At most, they'll point out that he was basically already in the throws of dementia during his second term, but because a shitload of good things happened for the West during his presidency, he is universally praised by conservatives and even non-conservatives. Even my Dad, who is a Democrat, will insist that he was the best president during his lifetime.

Trump's target audience isn't rational people, it's Islamophobic idiots, racists, and conservatives.
Uh, broad brush much? This is horseshit dude, and parroting it gets you no where with anyone who doesn't already dislike him. I mean, maybe you don't even care and that's fine. But insulting people with blanket statements usually isn't a compelling argument.
 

Onyx Darkmatter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
512
Reaction score
115
Age
31
Country
United States
So it appears that Meg Whitman will support Hillary Clinton and will try to get some of her Republican friends to support her. There's also been a congresswoman who endorsed her, but I can't remember her name (sadly).
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Honestly, I would have at least considered voting Republican this election if it wasn't for the fact that Trump is the nominee.


This is what i sort of alluded to earlier. These days, to the average person who is old enough to remember Reagan's time in office, there's nearly nothing negative even moderates will say about him. At most, they'll point out that he was basically already in the throws of dementia during his second term, but because a shitload of good things happened for the West during his presidency, he is universally praised by conservatives and even non-conservatives. Even my Dad, who is a Democrat, will insist that he was the best president during his lifetime.


Uh, broad brush much? This is horseshit dude, and parroting it gets you no where with anyone who doesn't already dislike him. I mean, maybe you don't even care and that's fine. But insulting people with blanket statements usually isn't a compelling argument.
Majority of the people I've seen or come across are like that, as well as believing for some inane reason he can get things done, and not being a politician is a +1. Hell, I think black Trump supporters might be racists too, just like how certain Indians show xenophobia towards Muslims.

Though, there is also Hillary and many of her supporters claiming feminism as a reason to vote for her... despite Hillary behaving against what feminists believe in. They're pretty bad too.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Majority of the people I've seen or come across are like that, as well as believing for some inane reason he can get things done, and not being a politician is a +1. Hell, I think black Trump supporters might be racists too, just like how certain Indians show xenophobia towards Muslims.

Though, there is also Hillary and many of her supporters claiming feminism as a reason to vote for her... despite Hillary behaving against what feminists believe in. They're pretty bad too.
They just aren't thinking about things the same way you are. It doesn't necessarily mean their support is related to racism or bigotry...of course, it's a safe bet when it comes to some, but there's no point in speaking absolutes. That doesn't accomplish anything really.

And how exactly are Indians xenophobic against Muslims? :oh I mean, they're the largest minority within India. If you're talking about them being this way here, between 2-3% of the population is comprised of people who are of Indian ethnicity...which is nearly the same figure for the percentage of the population that is Muslim. Plus, one is an ethnicity, the other isn't. Am I missing something here?

Let's be honest with ourselves... anyone in this day and age who comes up to another person "claiming feminisim" as the reason to vote for anyone, much less Clinton, is likely to get rotten fruit thrown at them, or at the very least laughed at.

The overall point here is - any fervent supporter of a politician or a party can be pretty bad. Full stop. People who are actually open-minded on a lot of issues, or refuse to simply tow party lines, are increasingly persecuted by both sides every election cycle...and yet, their favorite candidate can't win without us. Oh the irony.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
They just aren't thinking about things the same way you are. It doesn't necessarily mean their support is related to racism or bigotry...of course, it's a safe bet when it comes to some, but there's no point in speaking absolutes. That doesn't accomplish anything really.

And how exactly are Indians xenophobic against Muslims? :oh I mean, they're the largest minority within India. If you're talking about them being this way here, between 2-3% of the population is comprised of people who are of Indian ethnicity...which is nearly the same figure for the percentage of the population that is Muslim. Plus, one is an ethnicity, the other isn't. Am I missing something here?

Let's be honest with ourselves... anyone in this day and age who comes up to another person "claiming feminisim" as the reason to vote for anyone, much less Clinton, is likely to get rotten fruit thrown at them, or at the very least laughed at.

The overall point here is - any fervent supporter of a politician or a party can be pretty bad. Full stop. People who are actually open-minded on a lot of issues, or refuse to simply tow party lines, are increasingly persecuted by both sides every election cycle...and yet, their favorite candidate can't win without us. Oh the irony.
Most of the time, it is. At least, it's usually related to a dislike of a group like illegal Mexican immigrants, Muslims, or whatnot. People keep claiming Trump will get things done (if the government agrees with his shit), he is a good choice because he's not a politician (the fuck kind of logic?), and he's honest (BUlLLSHIT), but they also bring up the wall or banning Muslims. And many of my friends aren't racist or bigoted (or at least openly) that support Trump.

Indians hate Muslims? I mean, I don't know if you look at Melvin's posts on my wall, but he's an Indian who's an anti-Muslim. There are tons of Indians who hate Muslims, and many like my mom who are very wary around them (even though she warmed up to my ENT doctor). Why does it matter if they're the largest minority, if they're looked upon negatively? A Muslim was executed for killing a cow without a trial. I'd add something else here, but I don't know if my recollection is accurate. Yes, me getting the definition of xenophobia wrong. Always thought it meant hating a group, not foreigners. :\

Apparently not, from what I've heard. Or at least, many people use feminism as a reason to vote for Hillary, which is dumb. She's about as feminist as Gandhi is racist (towards black people), though I don't know if Hillary is anti-feminism.

Many of them are pretty bad, although I'm beginning to be less annoyed with Bernie supporters interrupting the DNC in Philly. They're still pretty bad in that they're choosing Trump, despite their hero being 100% against him.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/katrina-pierson-cnn-obama-khan_us_57a14823e4b0693164c337fb
:fail
They better start blaming Obama for JFK and Lincoln assassinations as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Indians hate Muslims? I mean, I don't know if you look at Melvin's posts on my wall, but he's an Indian who's an anti-Muslim. There are tons of Indians who hate Muslims, and many like my mom who are very wary around them (even though she warmed up to my ENT doctor). Why does it matter if they're the largest minority, if they're looked upon negatively? A Muslim was executed for killing a cow without a trial. I'd add something else here, but I don't know if my recollection is accurate. Yes, me getting the definition of xenophobia wrong. Always thought it meant hating a group, not foreigners. :\
It's more like, there are some Indians that hate Muslims. This happens with every religious and cultural group. However claiming Indians in general hate Muslim is something I cannot agree with. India had a Muslim president like 7-8 years ago, I think. In London from my experience Hindu, Sikhs and Muslims get along alright. I'm sure some Himdus hate Muslims and vice versa but I don't think that's the general sentiment.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
The Current Indian Government is probably a bit harsh on the Muslims. Several incidents against Muslim happened recently in India.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
But I guess that's still better than Europe and America, where many people want Muslims out of their country.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Most of the time, it is. At least, it's usually related to a dislike of a group like illegal Mexican immigrants, Muslims, or whatnot. People keep claiming Trump will get things done (if the government agrees with his shit), he is a good choice because he's not a politician (the fuck kind of logic?), and he's honest (BUlLLSHIT), but they also bring up the wall or banning Muslims. And many of my friends aren't racist or bigoted (or at least openly) that support Trump.
Idk, I just don't like broad brushes. People might be careless and voting Trump for memes, or doing it because they hate Hillary or whatever. But it's not necessarily borne of maliciousness towards anyone, regardless of what Trump says or wtf goes on at his stupid-ass rallies.

Indians hate Muslims? I mean, I don't know if you look at Melvin's posts on my wall, but he's an Indian who's an anti-Muslim. There are tons of Indians who hate Muslims, and many like my mom who are very wary around them (even though she warmed up to my ENT doctor). Why does it matter if they're the largest minority, if they're looked upon negatively? A Muslim was executed for killing a cow without a trial. I'd add something else here, but I don't know if my recollection is accurate. Yes, me getting the definition of xenophobia wrong. Always thought it meant hating a group, not foreigners. :\
Yeah, hence my point there.

Well, I sort of question the relevance of affairs in India when it comes to Trump voters...

Apparently not, from what I've heard. Or at least, many people use feminism as a reason to vote for Hillary, which is dumb. She's about as feminist as Gandhi is racist (towards black people), though I don't know if Hillary is anti-feminism.
Well those people are stupid. I guess it's supposed to remind us of the "white guilt" excuse the right made for Obama getting elected in 2008, not even mentioning the merit of this campaign, and how it never bothered trying to exploit such a thing to garner votes. Voting for someone because of gender is asinine....but hey, plenty of people vote who have no idea wtf they're doing, so why would it be surprising.

But I guess that's still better than Europe and America, where many people want Muslims out of their country.
I mean, this isn't necessarily rational either. You have some muslims expressing concern over the rhetoric mentioned from the right, but the reality is none of their solutions are legal. It's nothing but demagoguery. There are roughly 3 million Muslims in the US...there's roughly 60 times more than that in India and approximately 10,000 Muslim deaths as a result of sectarian violence in the last 50 years. Even percentage-wise, the threat that a Muslim potentially faces in the West compared to India (or even many majority Islamic countries) is completely incomparable.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/katrina-pierson-cnn-obama-khan_us_57a14823e4b0693164c337fb
:fail
They better start blaming Obama for JFK and Lincoln assassinations as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's more like, there are some Indians that hate Muslims. This happens with every religious and cultural group. However claiming Indians in general hate Muslim is something I cannot agree with. India had a Muslim president like 7-8 years ago, I think. In London from my experience Hindu, Sikhs and Muslims get along alright. I'm sure some Himdus hate Muslims and vice versa but I don't think that's the general sentiment.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
The Current Indian Government is probably a bit harsh on the Muslims. Several incidents against Muslim happened recently in India.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
But I guess that's still better than Europe and America, where many people want Muslims out of their country.
From what I've seen, tons of Indians hate Muslims, but it's easier to see that in India as obviously, the country is predominantly Indian. Though, maybe I'm getting their hatred of Pakistanis mixed up with Muslims.

I think Narendra Modi years ago was criticized for not doing anything to prevent the deaths of Muslims during a massacre, I think.
Idk, I just don't like broad brushes. People might be careless and voting Trump for memes, or doing it because they hate Hillary or whatever. But it's not necessarily borne of maliciousness towards anyone, regardless of what Trump says or wtf goes on at his stupid-ass rallies.
I disagree when it comes to the mass - majority support him more out of maliciousness towards a group than anything else. At a rally, a protester who held up a sign that wasn't even anti-Trump had people try to yank it out of her hands while the security tried to censor it with American flags. I tried to Google it, but couldn't find it for some reason. However, I did find many videos where Trump supporters were pretty bad at different rallies, while protesters were bad at one or two rallies, at best. Few are the ones who side with him just because they think he can bring about positive change and is anti-establishment.

Yeah, hence my point there.

Well, I sort of question the relevance of affairs in India when it comes to Trump voters...
That was an example.

Well those people are stupid. I guess it's supposed to remind us of the "white guilt" excuse the right made for Obama getting elected in 2008, not even mentioning the merit of this campaign, and how it never bothered trying to exploit such a thing to garner votes. Voting for someone because of gender is asinine....but hey, plenty of people vote who have no idea wtf they're doing, so why would it be surprising.


I mean, this isn't necessarily rational either. You have some muslims expressing concern over the rhetoric mentioned from the right, but the reality is none of their solutions are legal. It's nothing but demagoguery. There are roughly 3 million Muslims in the US...there's roughly 60 times more than that in India and approximately 10,000 Muslim deaths as a result of sectarian violence in the last 50 years. Even percentage-wise, the threat that a Muslim potentially faces in the West compared to India (or even many majority Islamic countries) is completely incomparable.
Well, I do think they had a point in saying "white guilt" is why Obama won, although I'd blame McCain's VP more, if not his age. At least, that's the common reason I hear for people choosing Obama over "Palin.' I was voting for Bernie more because of his social views, even though his economic views had me concerned. Maybe I'm part of the people who has no idea wtf we're doing. :s

Problem is, what the right is doing is helping terrorist groups recruit Muslims by saying "hey guys, westerners hate you, you're alone. get revenge and fuck them up!" But yeah, Muslims in the Middle East and more east are in far more danger than in the West.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I disagree when it comes to the mass - majority support him more out of maliciousness towards a group than anything else. At a rally, a protester who held up a sign that wasn't even anti-Trump had people try to yank it out of her hands while the security tried to censor it with American flags. I tried to Google it, but couldn't find it for some reason. However, I did find many videos where Trump supporters were pretty bad at different rallies, while protesters were bad at one or two rallies, at best. Few are the ones who side with him just because they think he can bring about positive change and is anti-establishment.
You're talking about incidents at his rallies. You do realize that Trump didn't win the GOP nomination because of those people, right?

Well, I do think they had a point in saying "white guilt" is why Obama won
Who? People on the right? Not really. it isn't like the majority of the electorate decided collectively that it was "time for a black president". Obama just had a much better campaign that really resonated with people. Plus, I don't see how white guilt can be a factor when voting is anonymous.

Problem is, what the right is doing is helping terrorist groups recruit Muslims by saying "hey guys, westerners hate you, you're alone. get revenge and fuck them up!"
Idk, I think that's pretzel logic. You have many liberals walking on eggshells out of fear or something...but then you also have hard right individuals who hate anyone who doesn't look like them anyway. It's not really anti-Muslim specifically.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I must also say that i think that the effect of hategroups is not as strong as people think.

I mean, homosexuals for example are as hated by certain groups as muslims are.
But you don't see homosexuals going into full terror mode. Wise versa, they are even often targets of violent crime or terror, but still do not found terror groups.

Decent and stabile human beings dont just become a terrorist due to discrimination or hatespeech.
It is certainly a factor, but the much bigger factor is the international terror network and propaganda which plants the seed in instabile people's minds.

Even if someone gets treated decently and has a not too shabby outlook on life, he can become a terrorist.
We know that effect, don#t we? Right wing propaganda can make you hate black people even if you have never met one, or jews, or muslims, or whatever.

If someone wants to be convinced that the west is evil, he will do so, even if the west behaves decently in the time.
If necessary, he will just go back in history or believe straight up lies.
Those people won't stop doing what they do just because society is nicer to them. Society should fight discrimination for its own right, but it is not the answer to terror.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
You're talking about incidents at his rallies. You do realize that Trump didn't win the GOP nomination because of those people, right?


Who? People on the right? Not really. it isn't like the majority of the electorate decided collectively that it was "time for a black president". Obama just had a much better campaign that really resonated with people. Plus, I don't see how white guilt can be a factor when voting is anonymous.


Idk, I think that's pretzel logic. You have many liberals walking on eggshells out of fear or something...but then you also have hard right individuals who hate anyone who doesn't look like them anyway. It's not really anti-Muslim specifically.
They didn't hurt him winning the nomination though, and maybe even helped when "undecided" voters decided to side with Trump after seeing protesters get violent with supporters.

People who don't like Obama. He had a great campaign, I'm not disagreeing with that, but I still feel some voted for him more due to white guilt than anything. Anonymity doesn't matter, how a person feels would. A Hillary voter would vote for her just because it's "feminist" to do so, despite anonymity, because he/she feels having a female president is a big step forward.

I disagree, based on what I've seen and heard. If an "Islamist" is suspected in a terror attack, many people will want all Muslims to be wiped out. If a black person is suspected in a violent attack, people won't call for all blacks to die. If a white person is suspected in a terror attack, he's apparently a lone wolf with mental issues. Muslims are the black sheep, like the Jews were decades ago, I think.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I disagree, based on what I've seen and heard. If an "Islamist" is suspected in a terror attack, many people will want all Muslims to be wiped out. If a black person is suspected in a violent attack, people won't call for all blacks to die. If a white person is suspected in a terror attack, he's apparently a lone wolf with mental issues. Muslims are the black sheep, like the Jews were decades ago, I think.
I find the comparison of jews and muslims very problematic.
Jews never comitted any terror strikes and they had a history long story of discrimination and they where not immigrants, but lived in their countries for hundreds of years.
Jews got discriminated in every european country and in the US, partially even with violence or pogroms (and not only in germany). But they did not delve into terror and there was no significant resent or isolation among them (at least not selfcaused, sometimes they had to live in ghettos).
It didnt help them, they still got harassed and excluded from a lot of rights.

Muslims today get blame and discrimination, sure, but their situations is hell of a lot better in whole europe and the US than the situation of jews.
They are allowed to protest, there are efforts to enable them to eat halal at work or have a room for prayers at work and at universities.
And that even tho they are only a significant group for about the last 40.50 years or so in most countries.

There is discrimination and i dont want to deny that, but comparing that with the situation of the jews is something which in my opinion really diminishes how jews were treated in europe and the US.

The terror of islamists is not caused by discrimination in the west. It is caused by propaganda and a network of terrorists.
The answer to terror is never to be nicer to the people comitting it. Being fair to all groups in a society is a goal in itself, but none that stops terrorism.
Terrorism is stopped by anti terror measures.
Even if the US would stop any foreign military action, it would still be attacked. The same goes for europe.
Even every single muslim in the US and europe had a job and hatespeech against them was forbidden by imprisonment, there would still be attacks.
Because there is no reasoning with terrorists.
The best outcome would be that they can now finally get their califate done in the arab world without western intervention in exchange for leaving the US and EU alone, but that cannot honestly be our goal.
 
Top