American Politics | Page 264 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

YumaKuga

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
How would hearing many guns even work in this case? The guy wasn't using handguns or anything like that, as far as we have heard he used weapons which fired bullets rapidly. How would hearing one or two of those at a time be much different?
From what I have read, and don't hold me to this, but they heard more then one semi automatic from a different angle One when he fired from his perch in the room and the other from somewhere else as far as I have read. Hearing more then one would be different and where they came from would be different because it would mean he had another guy in on the job or if they came from the same place, he was going Rambo with one in each hand (I highly doubt that anyways.) And my dads friend and his wife were staying in the Luxor next door and had to stay in for a full day because swat and military were still trying to make things "Secure" way after the fact. Either cameras fucked up, too much panic or what not could have created this mysterious second gun though for as far as we know until they finally state they know his motive and that he was acting fully alone, we won't know 100% for sure.

I know things about guns myself, so this still seems weird to me, but eh fuck it. Its already shitty with just one guy doing this.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
From what I have read, and don't hold me to this, but they heard more then one semi automatic from a different angle One when he fired from his perch in the room and the other from somewhere else as far as I have read. Hearing more then one would be different and where they came from would be different because it would mean he had another guy in on the job or if they came from the same place, he was going Rambo with one in each hand (I highly doubt that anyways.) And my dads friend and his wife were staying in the Luxor next door and had to stay in for a full day because swat and military were still trying to make things "Secure" way after the fact. Either cameras fucked up, too much panic or what not could have created this mysterious second gun though for as far as we know until they finally state they know his motive and that he was acting fully alone, we won't know 100% for sure.

I know things about guns myself, so this still seems weird to me, but eh fuck it. Its already shitty with just one guy doing this.
He was firing from two different windows that were on different sides of the building. All the footage I've seen from the shooting that attempts to support more than one gun being fired at once has seemed to me to be nothing more than echoes. There also was some speculation about muzzle-flashes coming from a window on the third floor as well, but I've also seen those being explained as strobe lights.

I saw an interview with Steve Wynn regarding the incident, and he seemed to slip up and mention that no non-staffer would be allowed to use a service elevator in his buildings. It felt to me that he was sort of implying that he had information regarding Paddock's use of one at Mandalay Bay, which would make him getting as much gear into his room as he had easier.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Where? What examples? Show me any violent criminal being treated like "a saint" in the media. Being biographical and talking about a criminal's personal life is not being treated like a saint, it's called journalism.

Show me a muslim who isn't motivated by religious extremism while committing mass murder. I don't even know what "some people demand all Muslims to apologize" even means. There is appropriate criticism of some who are seen as apologists. That's not the same as guilt-tripping an entire segment of people for the actions of the worst of humanity. Clearly no sane person endorses retaliatory attacks against random Muslims simply because islamist extremism exists.
That's the problem, you don't know the issue, hence why you argue against this. There have been people who demanded all of Muslims apologize for actions of few extremists, but they say nothing when white extremists commit horrible crimes.

Further proof that Trump is an egotistical dumbass: he actually tweeted a video of him helping Puerto Rico. What'd the incompetent dipshit even do anyway, other than throw paper towels and attack the mayor? And then Pence left Colts vs. 49ers because the players knelt, but that was apparently preplanned, ironically, for political reasons. This administration is such a joke.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
That's the problem, you don't know the issue, hence why you argue against this. There have been people who demanded all of Muslims apologize for actions of few extremists, but they say nothing when white extremists commit horrible crimes.
So since you refuse to talk in-depth about any of this, being dismissive is the answer? Don't see the point in you being condescending here.

Of course there are morons who do this, but that doesn't mean it's a prevailing thought. Are you only capable of paying attention to negative, irrational behavior?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Because I feel like talking in-depth about this won't help, and my inability to word things well will just make things worse. Plus, a lot of it boils down to understanding how people of color feel when they see the news cover white criminals favorably and even use good pictures while nonwhite criminals get their bad past brought up, and unflattering photos used.

When it's loud enough, yeah I am. Wanting all Muslims to apologize may not be a prevailing thought, but it is pretty loud. I've friends who think Muslims are dangerous and call BLM protesters violent or hate group or terrorists just for blocking the roads, but they stay silent on actual Nazis running over and killing someone or protesting for racism.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Have you guys been keeping up on the Las Vegas shooting? The timeline they had, based on the security guard, is breaking. The guard was shot about ten minutes before the concert shooting in the leg. Initially they said the gunman was intercepted by the security guard and that's why the actual shooting was stopped.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So... did trump threaten to remove federal aid from puerto rico? That seem like the sort of thing you don't even allude at joking about. Am I missing something here?

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
So... did trump threaten to remove federal aid from puerto rico? That seem like the sort of thing you don't even allude at joking about. Am I missing something here?
You mean his tweet about how we can't stand there forever? No, that was saying this has to be resolved now, because the people helping do have lives and families to return to and the longer we wait, the longer the people there suffer. If the mayor wasn't stocking up the food/supplies in warehouses (and as she admitted, not meeting with FEMA) and the infrastructure wasn't working so poorly, more aid getting there would actually be handed out (FEMA even admitted it (Brock Long) and then said it isn't their job to hand the supplies out (it is largely the mayors' responsibilities).

I'm sure it'll be twisted that way by media, but that was not his intention.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
You mean his tweet about how we can't stand there forever? No, that was saying this has to be resolved now, because the people helping do have lives and families to return to and the longer we wait, the longer the people there suffer. If the mayor wasn't stocking up the food/supplies in warehouses (and as she admitted, not meeting with FEMA) and the infrastructure wasn't working so poorly, more aid getting there would actually be handed out (FEMA even admitted it (Brock Long) and then said it isn't their job to hand the supplies out (it is largely the mayors' responsibilities).

I'm sure it'll be twisted that way by media, but that was not his intention.
Resolved now? How is that any different? There is no "solved now", the place was ravaged by a hurricane. And wouldn't that be different from how the other disasters were handled?

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Resolved now? How is that any different? There is no "solved now", the place was ravaged by a hurricane. And wouldn't that be different from how the other disasters were handled?
The issue like aid not being properly distributed because of failing infrastructure and corrupt mayors or incompetent mayors. That needs to be resolved so that we can get them the help they need and go. No one is expecting it to go back like it was in a few weeks or something, that's not what I or Trump mean. It is that we're sending all this aid but most of it isn't getting out to the people who need it and it not only prolongs our stay there, but their suffering and the need to be there. Unless the whole world expects FEMA workers, military, and volunteers to stay there indefinitely?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Unless the whole world expects FEMA workers, military, and volunteers to stay there indefinitely?
I mean, yes, they're a US Territory. It should be handled the same way Katrina was for the Gulf States.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
According to CNN, Pokemon Go is also to blame for Hillary's defeat because a few Russian scams were attempted through (Amazon related) events. Russians! Russians everywhere! What are we going to do?! :notlikethis

I mean, yes, they're a US Territory. It should be handled the same way Katrina was for the Gulf States.
Giving aid should be done until they no longer need it, sure, but that is different than thousands of FEMA workers, military and volunteers staying thousands of miles away or working tirelessly (still cut off), cut off from their own family and job and life, giving aid only for it to be handled by a complete moron, which delays them and worsens the life of Puerto Ricans. We wouldn't need that kind of occupation if we could sort out the kinks that are preventing proper aid from helping them instead of just putting a bandage over the issue.

We should focus mostly on infrastructure right now since giving aid (supplies) is basically doing nothing right now due its failure.

EDIT

I advocate pushing more work into PR right now to get things back to a running state, which so far it seems like Trump was doing despite Cruz' remarks, but our goal shouldn't be indefinite stay. It should be getting things on track so that we don't have to be there.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Giving aid should be done until they no longer need it, sure, but that is different than thousands of FEMA workers, military and volunteers staying thousands of miles away or working tirelessly (still cut off), cut off from their own family and job and life, giving aid only for it to be handled by a complete moron, which delays them and worsens the life of Puerto Ricans. We wouldn't need that kind of occupation if we could sort out the kinks that are preventing proper aid from helping them instead of just putting a bandage over the issue.

We should focus mostly on infrastructure right now since giving aid (supplies) is basically doing nothing right now due its failure.

EDIT

I advocate pushing more work into PR right now to get things back to a running state, which so far it seems like Trump was doing despite Cruz' remarks, but our goal shouldn't be indefinite stay. It should be getting things on track so that we don't have to be there.
Why? As far as I can tell the FEMA guys are federal employees doing the work they are supposed to be doing in US soil. Volunteers are different of course but that is a non issue. I can't fathom anyone saying anything like this to, say, the houston folk. And even if the PR government was being as incompetent as you suggest, why would that be a factor? The logic here can't be that the PR government is inept hence fuck the PR people. As for the aids... without that people would be essentially cut of from basic supplies. Even with the aid people are already screwed, the aid in question doing nothing as you suggest is absurd...

Reactions: xi0

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Someone pointed out that if we could afford to keep soldiers in Middle East for over a decade, then we can do the same for Puerto Rico. Makes sense, honestly. Just Trump being an inept idiot as per usual.

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Trump responded well to the hurricane and aid is increasing, so what are you talking about? FEMA and PR government are actually in charge of aid distribution now, which we are definitely giving them*.

*thousands of military personnel to help, Navy/Marine/AF help, USNS medical, USS Kearsarge rescues, ships, airships, waive of Jones Act to help shipments, over 45k pounds in relief supplies. Most of the airships will be used for water, generators, etc etc as well. Northern Command is also helping FEMA. Google it and open up CNN for some lists.

Why? As far as I can tell the FEMA guys are federal employees doing the work they are supposed to be doing in US soil. Volunteers are different of course but that is a non issue. I can't fathom anyone saying anything like this to, say, the houston folk. And even if the PR government was being as incompetent as you suggest, why would that be a factor? The logic here can't be that the PR government is inept hence fuck the PR people. As for the aids... without that people would be essentially cut of from basic supplies.
The goal should never be indefinite stay, even in Houston.

And true, they are, but just because they are federal employees (temporary, as I understand it) it doesn't mean they should be kept indefinitely in a position like this largely due to neglect of the local government. Or to be blamed like they are being blamed when they are doing everything they can with limited resources, man power and help from the local government.

This same thing (poor coordination, FEMA work etc) happened with Hurricane Katrina in 2005. FEMA was there, but they weren't able to really do anything due to poor management by the state and inefficient access to the things they needed. After all, they merely coordinate via FCO to federal and state groups who actually do the relief efforts. FEMA can't do everything. They need to work in conjunction with the [local] government, which is just not happening as efficiently as it should.

The whole of PR government isn't necessarily incompetent, didn't mean to suggest that, just one particular mayor or so. The rest is just failed infrastructure due to the hurricane and then neglect at getting it fixed/handled. Nothing is actually be done because that is the real problem here. Can't deliver food to most people, or water, or clothes, or power etc. We can give as much as we can possibly give, but it won't make a difference if no one is there to operate trucks, manage storage, deliveries, clear roads etc. A few thousand of our military service members popping over isn't going to cut it, won't, not for a while. If we want to return life to normal or at least something close to it, we need to get things done now and get thousands of people back home as quickly as we can. Which means getting the PR government to actually help.

And why would it be a factor? Because if we're dropping stuff to them or bringing it in, how do you expect it to help anyone if it is stock in storage units, on immobile trucks or offloaded on docks to be sent somewhere were a small percentage of it is actually going out? If the government can't properly utilize the help we're giving them, it is doing nothing of real change. Until roads, power, water is properly dealt with (which is one of the mayors' responsibilities to be overseeing and conducting but is oddly falling directly on the shoulders of FEMA), people and PR will continue to suffer—no matter how much we give them.

Even with the aid people are already screwed, the aid in question doing nothing as you suggest is absurd...
That's not what I was trying to suggest at all. I was saying our aid is doing nothing (very little of it is actually going out to the people, feel free to google it) because the PR government isn't doing anything to help with infrastructure, which is how the aid gets distributed, not that aid itself does nothing and so we shouldn't give it.

That is one reason why Cruz not talking with or visiting FEMA/FCO is a problem. She's got time to make custom t-shirts though while little children starve because she can't be bothered to help fix or coordinate infrastructure repair and relief (with FEMA) to deliver aid to the people who need it. Which prolongs our stay.

Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Trump did not respond well at all. He not only delayed in helping Puerto Rico, but he also attacked the mayor (I think), threw paper towels, joked about how the aid would force them to reconfigure the budget or some shit, and is now saying the help won't last forever. If Puerto Rico was a white nation though, the Neo Nazi leader would be spending tons of money to help the country.

Republicans are so fucked up that they actually are okay with wasting $20 billion on a stupid wall. Like, if these guys really cared for USA or vets like they claim to, then they'd be using that money to help the people. Not build a wall that'll barely reduce illegal immigration.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
If Puerto Rico was a white nation though, the Neo Nazi leader would be spending tons of money to help the country.
Puerto Rico is 75% white... :cookiestare

And is calling Trump a "Neo Nazi" fair or appropriate? It's not like he has to be one to be rightfully criticized. Knock it off.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Trump did not respond well at all. He not only delayed in helping Puerto Rico, but he also attacked the mayor (I think), threw paper towels, joked about how the aid would force them to reconfigure the budget or some shit, and is now saying the help won't last forever. If Puerto Rico was a white nation though, the Neo Nazi leader would be spending tons of money to help the country.

Republicans are so fucked up that they actually are okay with wasting $20 billion on a stupid wall. Like, if these guys really cared for USA or vets like they claim to, then they'd be using that money to help the people. Not build a wall that'll barely reduce illegal immigration.
The major thing, as I understand it, was about the major asking the federal government and trump for help and then trump responded with the stuff we have seen. PR already had bad infraestructure, PR gave the US a debt problem, PRcans are lazy, PRricans don't want to do anything themselves. And by some huge coincidence whatever other stereotype which usually applies to minorities, if trump was smarter I would say it was straight up intentional... The paper towel thing was IMO exaggerated though. It's a bit cringy at worst but unless I missed anything it's not nearly as bad as it was made out to be. Trump speaking about the deal and saying the towels were beautiful was mind bending though. Who the hell talks about generic paper towels as being beautiful? Was trump throwing around the literal only paper towels in PR?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Puerto Rico is 75% white... :cookiestare

And is calling Trump a "Neo Nazi" fair or appropriate? It's not like he has to be one to be rightfully criticized. Knock it off.
Yeah but, the're like white from spain, not like, real "white" people. Caucasians. Those are at best bleached mexicans who eat paellas instead of chimichangas. And tapas. Which you'd think is a positive thing but tapas as so damn small and pretentious it's actually a demerit. Which means they are not even better than mexicans regardless of the bleaching. Paellas - tapas = mexican somehow.

Reactions: xi0

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The major thing, as I understand it, was about the major asking the federal government and trump for help and then trump responded with the stuff we have seen. PR already had bad infraestructure, PR gave the US a debt problem, PRcans are lazy, PRricans don't want to do anything themselves. And by some huge coincidence whatever other stereotype which usually applies to minorities, if trump was smarter I would say it was straight up intentional... The paper towel thing was IMO exaggerated though. It's a bit cringy at worst but unless I missed anything it's not nearly as bad as it was made out to be. Trump speaking about the deal and saying the towels were beautiful was mind bending though. Who the hell talks about generic paper towels as being beautiful? Was trump throwing around the literal only paper towels in PR?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah but, the're like white from spain, not like, real "white" people. Caucasians. Those are at best bleached mexicans who eat paellas instead of chimichangas. And tapas. Which you'd think is a positive thing but tapas as so damn small and pretentious it's actually a demerit. Which means they are not even better than mexicans regardless of the bleaching. Paellas - tapas = mexican somehow.
Do you have proof that Puerto Ricans are lazy? If anything they work the same amount of hours in the US.

Are we really debating what counts as "white people"? :notrust That's quite offensive because half my family is from Southern Europe but they are not "white". Trust me, "white" is extremely exculsive which is bullshit.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Do you have proof that Puerto Ricans are lazy? If anything they work the same amount of hours in the US.

Are we really debating what counts as "white people"? :notrust That's quite offensive because half my family is from Southern Europe but they are not "white". Trust me, "white" is extremely exculsive which is bullshit.
Who cares what counts as white? Look at my nationality. What counts is fire, the superior element, not stuff like melanin which any moron who can access wikipedia for 30 seconds can tell you is absolutely irrelevant to the human species. So tell me, is your family from the fire nation? Or are they from those airbending hippies (they just won't get jobs and instead "meditate" which is code for doing metric tons of opium), those waterbending terrorists (because FUCK water) or those dirt munchers who think their dirtbending is so great even though we have machines that can do the job of 10 dirtbenders at a fraction of the cost? Frankly, they are better off as muggles.