Politics American Politics

Discussion in 'General World Topics' started by SharkBait, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Franckie

Franckie Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United States
    The evidence of his conduct does indeed show consistent behavior, but of a different kind. At every step of the way, Comey demonstrated either his fear of crossing Republicans or his concern over protecting his own reputation from Republican attack. It was the perfect intersection of a Republican Party that had developed a reputation for conducting relentlessly vicious smear campaigns and a Republican FBI director who didn’t have the fortitude to stand up to it. Comey may genuinely believe that his decisions along the way were nonpartisan, but doing things like blasting Clinton in a news conference right before election day suggests otherwise.

2. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Akatsuki
    It was so many things that led to Hillary losing, from her husband cutting welfare when he was president and WikiLeaks to Hillary not inspiring support or people to vote and revelation that Democrats were pushing for Hillary and working against Bernie. I know a lot of Hillary supporters love to blame Bernie, but it's not like Hillary would have gotten that many more votes anyway even if Bernie endorsed her sooner.

3. xi0

xi0 あの術

最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form

Administrator

Pyke
    Hoping the Democrats in the House have a better choice for Speaker than Pelosi, as I think her being leader again is exactly what Trump and his people want ahead of 2020. I'm not sure it evens matters how amicable she's appearing to be regarding the "I" word.

4. kkck

kkck Waifu Slayer

Fire Nation
    Agreed, pelosi seems like a bad choice... I don't think people who hated hillary clinton would take much of a liking to her anyways.

And jeff sessions is out. I gotta wonder who his replacement will be... If trump gets someone that acts like he said he wanted sessions to act then democrats will have a field day with the guy. To me it looks like a bad moment for trump to have gotten his most effective cabinet member to quit.

5. xi0

xi0 あの術

Administrator

Pyke
    Oh they don't need an introduction to her or anything, they've hated her almost as long as they've hated Hillary. And I've seen numerous Trump people on Twitter practically begging the Democrats to select her... so facts aside, I don't think it's the best choice. The problem is who else could they pick that would make sense...

It's just some acting AG until January I guess

6. kkck

kkck Waifu Slayer

Fire Nation
    Lol, that's exactly the impression I got from reading trump's tweets about Pelosi. He'd LOVE her there. And honestly, if republicans lost the house then Pelosi taking that position is literally about as good a deal as they are going to get. Trump being so happy with Pelosi should actually raise all the red flags...

Yeah, I read it was going to be the guy beneath Sessions until trump appoints someone else. Still, trump getting rid of his most effective cabinet member specially now is a mistake for him. This is a good deal for democrats. Best case scenario for democrats, unless US checks and balances crumble to dust, trump gets a sycophant AG and trump leaps headfirst into obstruction charges. Worst case scenario, trump gets another competent AG who ends up doing more or less the same as Sessions. Democrats have no say in what happens here of course BUT this at least can't hurt them for the time being.

7. xi0

xi0 あの術

Administrator

Pyke
    The guy beneath Sessions would be Rosenstein, but Trump has no love for him so I wouldn't be shocked if he was gone in January as well. Though with him not longer overseeing Mueller, and Whitaker doing so maybe that will change.

8. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

Akatsuki
    We're probably gonna be seeing even more infighting between the two parties now. CANNOT WAIT

Also, tons of people are mad about Florida and Texas voting for republicans, and even more mad that Beto and Abrams lost.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.