American Politics | Page 407 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
There were more effective and better proposals put on the table than vaccines or herd immunity, which were not pursued.
There were more effective and better proposals put on the table than a method that would result in a person being unable to to fall seriously ill or even be infected in the first place and spread it to other people?

Where?

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Conspiracy theories.

I guess these will be debunked shortly?

There were more effective and better proposals put on the table than a method that would result in a person being unable to to fall seriously ill or even be infected in the first place and spread it to other people?

Where?
It was in a bookmark folder of around 50 COVID links on my old laptop that died.

Think I can recover it. Only have to figure out where the bookmark file is in the /dir.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Conspiracy theories.

Being around vaccinated people? What...

I've seen it mentioned that some women might be having heavier periods after their vaccination, but it's obviously anecdotal.

It was in a bookmark folder of around 50 COVID links on my old laptop that died.

Think I can recover it. Only have to figure out where the bookmark file is in the /dir.
So the better solution is stuck on a broken laptop somewhere. Gotcha lol.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
It's an HPV vaccine, and HPV can cause cervical cancer.
My point still stands though?

In any case, the covid vaccines working has more proof than any other wonky conspiracy theories the right have come up with. And to no irony, the republican politicians are the first one to get the vaccines.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
My point still stands though?

In any case, the covid vaccines working has more proof than any other wonky conspiracy theories the right have come up with. And to no irony, the republican politicians are the first one to get the vaccines.
You said vaccines can't prevent cancer, that's all I addressed.

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think people have lost to understand one another.

And that's a huge problem.

Why do conspiracy theories work? It's because they tackle another way of thinking. Academics often don't get this dimension as school tells them logic is the only correct way of thinking. But via aesthetic experience, children discover gravity without being Newton...

You can solve fictive plots with that way of thinking, way before they end. Usually, when you read a book, you just know what is going to happen to some degree. With that way of thinking, you can become a great artist, or a charismatic speaker.

But it also bears dangers. Fascist propaganda abuses exactly that dimension of thinking. They know which buttons they have to press to trigger what emotion in their uneducated clients.

And that's the point, most people who believe in conspiracy theories aren't dumb, they just think different, and as such are uneducated as our education systems where never developed for them, they literally don't fit their brains.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Now regardless of that, only a vocal percent of vaccine scepticism is coming from that direction.

The silent majority is probably just sceptical because that's how humans are. Most of these people will eventually get it though. Social circumstances and positive results will do their work.

There are also people who had bad experiences with medicine. Every medicine has a small percentage of very bad side effects and every therapy can be done wrong, causing harm. It's only a small percentage for each, but all of these add up.

The vaccines were developed fast and with shortened approval methods. If someone's relative dies from one, people will go to court and these are going to be very long cases. Politics want to prevent that, hence their change of action with certain vaccines.

Personally I was first open to anything but now I want BioNtech or Moderna, while I am skeptical of Astra Zeneca due to all the bad press. My mother and friends who work at hospitals or with elderly people have all gotten BioNTech and had no complications whatsoever.

I also heard that Johnson & Johnson got bad press but I don't know much about it. It isn't talked much about in Germany outside of my own hometown's local press as it was partially developed here by their subsidiary company Janssen Cilag, though I don't know what they did, probably data analysis and the articles where more like advertisement during early stages of development.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
even pro-police people are anti-police.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I also heard that Johnson & Johnson got bad press but I don't know much about it. It isn't talked much about in Germany outside of my own hometown's local press as it was partially developed here by their subsidiary company Janssen Cilag, though I don't know what they did, probably data analysis and the articles where more like advertisement during early stages of development.
It causes a very very rare case of blood clot. I think about 6 out of 6 million people got it? Women especially are angry because people are losing their shit over an extremely low rate of blood clot while getting blood clot from birth control is much higher, but no one seemed to raise a ruckus over that. There really was no reason to pull J&J.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
There really was no reason to pull J&J.
I mean, that's not true. Public health officials are in a better position to do this because there are existing alternatives.

They're damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they ignore the reports, people will become untrusting. If they stop administering the vaccine people will take it as confirmation that none of them are safe because they were developed quicker than usual.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I mean, that's not true. Public health officials are in a better position to do this because there are existing alternatives.

They're damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they ignore the reports, people will become untrusting. If they stop administering the vaccine people will take it as confirmation that none of them are safe because they were developed quicker than usual.
But are there enough of the alternatives to go around?

What they can do though is acknowledge that there's a risk of blood clot, but the risk is much lower than the risk from taking birth control or I believe contracting covid. Either way, people are still going to be suspicious.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
But are there enough of the alternatives to go around?

What they can do though is acknowledge that there's a risk of blood clot, but the risk is much lower than the risk from taking birth control or I believe contracting covid. Either way, people are still going to be suspicious.
Further investigate the incidents of clots, what it's related to, etc....? They're doing it out of an abundance of caution.

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Further investigate the incidents of clots, what it's related to, etc....? They're doing it out of an abundance of caution.
I dont think they have health statistics enough between the infected vs the uninfected to correlate the issue with the vaccine. But they are in a great position with Pfizer and Moderna to replace all JnJ ones, so caution becomes extremely important.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I dont think they have health statistics enough between the infected vs the uninfected to correlate the issue with the vaccine. But they are in a great position with Pfizer and Moderna to replace all JnJ ones, so caution becomes extremely important.
I think it would have been paused either way, it's the best public health choice. Especially with the same concerns existing for the EU vaccine.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Conspiracy theories.

Don't know what the scientific aspect is.

Seeing indications of this being true btw.

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Don't know what the scientific aspect is.

Seeing indications of this being true btw.

The tweet says this is happening after being AROUND people who were vaccinated, not as a side effect of being vaccinated themselves. Very "weird vibes" indeed...

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The tweet says this is happening after being AROUND people who were vaccinated, not as a side effect of being vaccinated themselves. Very "weird vibes" indeed...

It appears to affect those who receive the vaccine. And those who are in close physical proximity to those who were vaccinated.

This could be an easier to accept source:

My stance on COVID vaccines is.

I would rather be kicked in the balls(by an unathletic woman), than take an untested vaccine that only lasts 6 months. Intended to immunize against an illness that is dangerous to less than 0.3% of the population.

The cure is worse than the disease.

:invalid

I am admittedly biased on this.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
It appears to affect those who receive the vaccine. And those who are in close physical proximity to those who were vaccinated.
The latter isn't mentioned anywhere in that article though. Vaccine "shedding" is what they call something like this, but it doesn't happen unless it's older technology that includes live virus.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Irregular menstrual cycles have also been seen in women who've had covid. So the differentiation between this symptom from the vaccine and the actual infection doesn't seem concrete yet.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I think one issue when it comes to women's health is that they don't often care about women, so even if the vaccine changing women's menstrual cycle wasn't possibly due to covid's mRNA or whatever the hell it is, they'd probably not do much with it.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I think one issue when it comes to women's health is that they don't often care about women, so even if the vaccine changing women's menstrual cycle wasn't possibly due to covid's mRNA or whatever the hell it is, they'd probably not do much with it.
I'm not sure if it's about them not "caring", the issue is just more multifaceted than having a headache or fever. If you say 15% of menstruating people who take a particular vaccine may have irregular periods, and then 15% of the people in trials are menstruating, and then you have to factor in when they're having their periods, the side effect might not present itself until you're dealing with millions of people taking the vaccine versus a few thousand.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm not sure if it's about them not "caring", the issue is just more multifaceted than having a headache or fever. If you say 15% of menstruating people who take a particular vaccine may have irregular periods, and then 15% of the people in trials are menstruating, and then you have to factor in when they're having their periods, the side effect might not present itself until you're dealing with millions of people taking the vaccine versus a few thousand.
but they can do the math and figure it out. I'm just going by reports and articles I've seen when it comes to women's care, like how doctors treat women in tremendous abdomen pain.