American Politics | Page 552 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Past genetic studies claim those who identified as 100% black.

Are in reality only around 70% black.

The genetic diversity of humans is vast enough for no one alive today to qualify as "pure bred".

Racial purity is a misguided cause for those who fail to comprehend basic science.

The mere concept of it is flawed on a fundamental level.
I agree.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I am mostly sure the republican perspective here would be that it's the police's job to eventually shot these folk.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Now Republicans are pearl-clutching over Maxine Waters and AOC protesting... calling it an "insurrection" :lmao

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Aren't anti-abortion republicans usually exposed supporting abortion for their mistresses? Hell, back when Hollywood was heavily conservative and run by conservatives, actresses were getting abortions left and right.

Welp, states could go on to make abortion legal tomorrow if they wanted to. But that's a different thing from abortion being a right recognized by US law and government. That much at least is probably decades away. Besides, do you think republicans are done with this? Republicans see abortion in at least most, and in some cases all, of its forms. Republican states are already making moves to criminalize abortion in states they control but there's no way this ends here. A republican controlled congress and senate could make abortion illegal across the land (state rights aren't meant for this of course). And obviously with the current scotus you could even go further and make it straight up unconstitutional. And this isn't even decades away. If i had to guess I would say the ideal time for such a thing would be with the next republican president so that democrats don't immediately respond court packing.
That'd be blue states, while most, if not all, red states would try to make it illegal. I'm not sure if they can reverse that in the future though.

You're right, and republicans have already said they're going to go further than that, like banning contraceptives and whatnot. Clarence Thomas made that clear, if I recall correctly, and it's why this is dangerous. And the problem is that majority of the Dem politicians don't seem to care, with Pelosi actually sending emails saying they need more money to fight anti-abortion bills.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

This is a pretty eye-opening thread, especially when it comes to late-term abortion and who it's really for... I encourage anyone Pro-Life to read it. @Shobu_Yoruichi you too

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
So how do we feel about putting pop-up abortion clinics on federal land?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Sounds great

So how do we feel about Biden packing the court?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Does not sound great

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I automatically thought of expanding the court and meant that because what's to stop the reps from countering with another expansion to put in more conservative judges? Or find a way to get the liberal judges replaced?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I automatically thought of expanding the court and meant that because what's to stop the reps from countering with another expansion to put in more conservative judges? Or find a way to get the liberal judges replaced?
The court needs reform anyway IMO. Having less jurists and them having lifetime appointments is fucking stupid.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Yeah, dunno why or who approved a lifetime appointment for judges, especially when they tend to be so out of touch way later in their old age. But on the other hand, it'd be shitty if we kept getting more conservative judges.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
At this point I don't even know if packing the court would even help anything. Court packing would be motivated at this point because half of the people in the country believe most justices are partisan hacks who are there to do mostly ideological/religious mumbo jumbo. Court packing will satisfy half the country but in turn leave the other half of the country with the impression that the other side filled the court with their satanic partisan hacks. Court packing is more a war tactic to pressure at this point but it's not actually a fix to the system. It doesn't result in a workable system...

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sounds great

So how do we feel about Biden packing the court?
Sounds like a plan. Turnabout's fair play.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
At this point I don't even know if packing the court would even help anything. Court packing would be motivated at this point because half of the people in the country believe most justices are partisan hacks who are there to do mostly ideological/religious mumbo jumbo. Court packing will satisfy half the country but in turn leave the other half of the country with the impression that the other side filled the court with their satanic partisan hacks. Court packing is more a war tactic to pressure at this point but it's not actually a fix to the system. It doesn't result in a workable system...
It would restore balance to their decisions. Before Trump the court was basically 4-4-1, now it's 6-3 with Roberts occasionally being a swing vote, but not really.

At this point the 6 that are there see fit to use the Constitution to edge the country closer and closer to a theocracy, and of course that's music to many conservative's ears. Both with that school prayer case going 6-3 and Roe v Wade being overturned. The forced-birth argument is just always going to be a religious one, regardless of how feebly some try to hide it. And it's the same with the rulings regarding same sex marriage and yes, even interracial marriage.

What needs to happen is Biden needs to add 2-3 more Justices... hell, barring political reasons I'd say just add 4. Conservatives will cry about it, but they'll cry about anything. Then when the GOP has power they'll do the same thing and it'll be reciprocal. At some point there will be 50 Justices hearing the cases and it might actually make more sense as far as seeking a consensus on important legal matters go. That and maybe both the Democrats and the Republicans will see how the road they got there was stupid but necessary and pass an Amendment giving Justices a 10 year term limit or something. Judicial Review should not be up to 9 people who aren't capable of being held accountable. Just look at Thomas' conflict of interests over the years, he doesn't give a fuck because he's untouchable.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Personally, I think our politicians, especially republicans, are way too childish to realize what led to so many judges and will instead keep fighting to add more judges instead of limiting terms or anything else.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It would restore balance to their decisions. Before Trump the court was basically 4-4-1, now it's 6-3 with Roberts occasionally being a swing vote, but not really.

At this point the 6 that are there see fit to use the Constitution to edge the country closer and closer to a theocracy, and of course that's music to many conservative's ears. Both with that school prayer case going 6-3 and Roe v Wade being overturned. The forced-birth argument is just always going to be a religious one, regardless of how feebly some try to hide it. And it's the same with the rulings regarding same sex marriage and yes, even interracial marriage.

What needs to happen is Biden needs to add 2-3 more Justices... hell, barring political reasons I'd say just add 4. Conservatives will cry about it, but they'll cry about anything. Then when the GOP has power they'll do the same thing and it'll be reciprocal. At some point there will be 50 Justices hearing the cases and it might actually make more sense as far as seeking a consensus on important legal matters go. That and maybe both the Democrats and the Republicans will see how the road they got there was stupid but necessary and pass an Amendment giving Justices a 10 year term limit or something. Judicial Review should not be up to 9 people who aren't capable of being held accountable. Just look at Thomas' conflict of interests over the years, he doesn't give a fuck because he's untouchable.
I get the math, my point is more about whether this is a workable system that doesn't result in people just setting the scotus building on fire along with everything else.

So... just tank the scotus until it loops back around to sanity? Why not, I don't have better ideas on this tbh.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I get the math, my point is more about whether this is a workable system that doesn't result in people just setting the scotus building on fire along with everything else.

So... just tank the scotus until it loops back around to sanity? Why not, I don't have better ideas on this tbh.
This or solutions even half as bold as this will never happen because Democrats only act when it'll help win them elections. Republicans just don't give a fuck so they do whatever they want.

They're siphoning money right now off of people due to Roe being overturned.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
This or solutions even half as bold as this will never happen because Democrats only act when it'll help win them elections. Republicans just don't give a fuck so they do whatever they want.

They're siphoning money right now off of people due to Roe being overturned.
Welp, the upside I suppose is that even top donors are being scammed this time around (unless they don't care for abortion I suppose).

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Ineffectual cunts

Continue to "play nice" and by the "rules" as more and more rights are stripped away from your voters. See what that gets you.