How it started
How it's going
How it's going
Glenn Greenwald next plsMan that was so fun to watch lol.
But it makes me sad to see that it's gotten this bad... and that there are conservatives out there still championing Taibbi as an ardent defender of free speech. And Musk too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
--- Double Post Merged, ---
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Yeah... that's one thing I don't like about being into watching like, political debates/pundits. Deciding to die on a hill because of your personal annoyance is childish. And it's just gonna make it worse. People are gonna start calling Ana a Birther or "uterus-having person" out of spite, when at first it was probably just the occasional tweet from a leftist.The fact that the disgust comes from the advertising and not from the actual product is all you need to know. Their take on virtue-signaling is pretty fucking funny though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
TYT must be in search of new funding because wtf is going on with them lately?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Left-wing extremism is when someone calls you out on your nebulous claim that people are undermining you by calling you a "birthing person"
As far as I know, she never bothered to clarify. Only that it has OF COURSE happened to her because she "lives in California". She even brought this shit up on their show 2 weeks after the fact unprompted. So until I see otherwise, she really did get triggered by some medical form or journal that had the audacity to be inclusive for very real and practical purposes.Yeah... that's one thing I don't like about being into watching like, political debates/pundits. Deciding to die on a hill because of your personal annoyance is childish. And it's just gonna make it worse. People are gonna start calling Ana a Birther or "uterus-having person" out of spite, when at first it was probably just the occasional tweet from a leftist.
Let that shit go.
There's no indication or explanation that she was called that really. She hasn't bothered clarifying at all, other than being annoyed at the term. It comes off as weirdly hostile and attention-seeking. Made even worse given the circumstances and rhetoric surrounding the LGBTQ+ community these days.So... she got called a birthing person and she said she wanted to be referred to as a woman? What's the controversy here?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'd think that's humorous and probably strange, but rude? No.But... isn't it rude/strange to refer to someone as that? Imagine being called an ejaculating person instead of a man.
not at all. Doesn't make sense to lose one's shit over that.But... isn't it rude/strange to refer to someone as that? Imagine being called an ejaculating person instead of a man.
Like unintentionally humorous? As an erection-capable person I find this whole thing deeply off-putting and creepy.I'd think that's humorous and probably strange, but rude? No.
Language like what she's referring to is usually used a clinical setting. Inclusive language is important in this instance for a variety of reasons.
That's not rude.But... isn't it rude/strange to refer to someone as that? Imagine being called an ejaculating person instead of a man.
Yeah, and if it did happen I'm skeptical as if the person said such in a negative light since she won't clarify. If she's angered by inclusiveness, fuck her. If the other person was saying it in a derogatory manner, then fuck them too.xi0 said:As far as I know, she never bothered to clarify. Only that it has OF COURSE happened to her because she "lives in California". She even brought this shit up on their show 2 weeks after the fact unprompted. So until I see otherwise, she really did get triggered by some medical form or journal that had the audacity to be inclusive for very real and practical purposes.
I suppose agree to disagree? I could understand the birthing person thing as a joke or something to that effect but as a way actual people refer to one another?That's not rude.
Rude is having someone tell you they're not gonna call you African American because you're not from Africa. That they're gonna call you Black instead. That's what my original therapist said to me. I'm fine being called Black. I'm not fine being told I haven't earned the right to be called African American.
I fucking hate living in the South lol.
Seriously though: what would be your response to someone calling you a cis male (assuming you're cis. I dunno)?