American Politics

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Man that was so fun to watch lol.

But it makes me sad to see that it's gotten this bad... and that there are conservatives out there still championing Taibbi as an ardent defender of free speech. And Musk too.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I wonder if Taibbi's gonna confess that Musk had him write a biased, if not fabricated, thread against Dems
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Man that was so fun to watch lol.

But it makes me sad to see that it's gotten this bad... and that there are conservatives out there still championing Taibbi as an ardent defender of free speech. And Musk too.
Glenn Greenwald next pls
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
There are legit full grown adults throwing tantrums over a beer company including a transgender woman in its ads, which is embarrassing in itself. What makes even worse is that they're actually buying these beers to destroy, still giving the company money.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The fact that the disgust comes from the advertising and not from the actual product is all you need to know. Their take on virtue-signaling is pretty fucking funny though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



TYT must be in search of new funding because wtf is going on with them lately?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Left-wing extremism is when someone calls you out on your nebulous claim that people are undermining you by calling you a "birthing person"
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,282
Reaction score
24,917
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Are there any latinos or latinas that are ok with being called latinx? I know zero people in real life who don't find it unbearably stupid, if not outright offensive.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Tbh I'm out of my element there but I've usually only seen people complain about it or be indifferent towards it. Or see non-hispanic people use it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I feel like this gendered language shit is such a nothing story... it's the new War on Christmas. Popular youtube host clutching her pearls because someone supposedly called her a "birthing person" at her garden party in her gated community and everyone online is supposed to give a fuck. Meanwhile you have every slug grifter patting her and Cenk on the back for standing up to "extremism" in between the newest weekly gun massacres. The same people you made a career out of dunking on. That's so sick dude, congrats. the EXTREME WOKE LEFT is the one preventing progress and class solidarity. Totally.
--- Double Post Merged, ---




In a nutshell...
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The fact that the disgust comes from the advertising and not from the actual product is all you need to know. Their take on virtue-signaling is pretty fucking funny though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



TYT must be in search of new funding because wtf is going on with them lately?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Left-wing extremism is when someone calls you out on your nebulous claim that people are undermining you by calling you a "birthing person"
Yeah... that's one thing I don't like about being into watching like, political debates/pundits. Deciding to die on a hill because of your personal annoyance is childish. And it's just gonna make it worse. People are gonna start calling Ana a Birther or "uterus-having person" out of spite, when at first it was probably just the occasional tweet from a leftist.

Let that shit go.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah... that's one thing I don't like about being into watching like, political debates/pundits. Deciding to die on a hill because of your personal annoyance is childish. And it's just gonna make it worse. People are gonna start calling Ana a Birther or "uterus-having person" out of spite, when at first it was probably just the occasional tweet from a leftist.

Let that shit go.
As far as I know, she never bothered to clarify. Only that it has OF COURSE happened to her because she "lives in California". She even brought this shit up on their show 2 weeks after the fact unprompted. So until I see otherwise, she really did get triggered by some medical form or journal that had the audacity to be inclusive for very real and practical purposes.



This shit is just embarrassing. She KNOWS why she got the reaction she got. It reeks of a grifting heel-turn because their relevancy is falling off and then you have fathead, moron Cenk browbeating supporters and former employees/collaborators online in defense of this stupidity. Maybe self-examination is worth something if you have the likes of Matt Walsh, Ben Shapiro, or Ian Miles Cheong "supporting" you. But no, double down, everyone else on "our side" is wrong.

But hey, why not just go the route of Dave Rubin or Jimmy Dore
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,282
Reaction score
24,917
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
So... she got called a birthing person and she said she wanted to be referred to as a woman? What's the controversy here?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I'm assuming her reaction/overreaction.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,282
Reaction score
24,917
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
But... isn't it rude/strange to refer to someone as that? Imagine being called an ejaculating person instead of a man.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
So... she got called a birthing person and she said she wanted to be referred to as a woman? What's the controversy here?
There's no indication or explanation that she was called that really. She hasn't bothered clarifying at all, other than being annoyed at the term. It comes off as weirdly hostile and attention-seeking. Made even worse given the circumstances and rhetoric surrounding the LGBTQ+ community these days.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

But... isn't it rude/strange to refer to someone as that? Imagine being called an ejaculating person instead of a man.
I'd think that's humorous and probably strange, but rude? No.

Language like what she's referring to is usually used a clinical setting. Inclusive language is important in this instance for a variety of reasons.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
But... isn't it rude/strange to refer to someone as that? Imagine being called an ejaculating person instead of a man.
not at all. Doesn't make sense to lose one's shit over that.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,282
Reaction score
24,917
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I'd think that's humorous and probably strange, but rude? No.

Language like what she's referring to is usually used a clinical setting. Inclusive language is important in this instance for a variety of reasons.
Like unintentionally humorous? As an erection-capable person I find this whole thing deeply off-putting and creepy.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I find your caring about this to be off putting and creepy.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
But... isn't it rude/strange to refer to someone as that? Imagine being called an ejaculating person instead of a man.
That's not rude.

Rude is having someone tell you they're not gonna call you African American because you're not from Africa. That they're gonna call you Black instead. That's what my original therapist said to me. I'm fine being called Black. I'm not fine being told I haven't earned the right to be called African American.

I fucking hate living in the South lol.

Seriously though: what would be your response to someone calling you a cis male (assuming you're cis. I dunno)?

xi0 said:
As far as I know, she never bothered to clarify. Only that it has OF COURSE happened to her because she "lives in California". She even brought this shit up on their show 2 weeks after the fact unprompted. So until I see otherwise, she really did get triggered by some medical form or journal that had the audacity to be inclusive for very real and practical purposes.
Yeah, and if it did happen I'm skeptical as if the person said such in a negative light since she won't clarify. If she's angered by inclusiveness, fuck her. If the other person was saying it in a derogatory manner, then fuck them too.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,282
Reaction score
24,917
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
That's not rude.

Rude is having someone tell you they're not gonna call you African American because you're not from Africa. That they're gonna call you Black instead. That's what my original therapist said to me. I'm fine being called Black. I'm not fine being told I haven't earned the right to be called African American.

I fucking hate living in the South lol.

Seriously though: what would be your response to someone calling you a cis male (assuming you're cis. I dunno)?
I suppose agree to disagree? I could understand the birthing person thing as a joke or something to that effect but as a way actual people refer to one another?

I find the cis thing to be mostly... alien? Being a man or male works just fine. As far as I am concerned people are free to assume my gender and choosing my pronouns sounds crazy.

I find the african american thing strange to be honest (i am not black or from the US). I didn't some ten years back because that's what black people usually refer themselves as but then at some point it kinda hit me that black british people don't call themselves african-british but just british (at least as far as I know). Which sort of makes way more sense.
 
Top