American Politics

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I'm not a fan of Cruz or Trump, but they weren't suggesting "rounding" them up, last I checked.


Because Milly brought up right wingers, Christians, white people, and gun owners as something that people should go after more than islamic extremists. This isn't a matter of having to choose between one or the other as far as preventing these sorts of incidents goes. Discounting the threat of islamic extremism just because domestic terrorism exists as well is a bit nonsensical.
Does it make a difference? Cruz is already speaking about policing muslim neighborhoods... Even if muslim neighborhoods are not a thing at the US, you still have a potential president of the US saying muslims need to be kept under constant vigilance. Add to that what trump has said... Frankly speaking muslims at the US have every right to be and IMO should be completely terrified if the country's presidential candidates are fostering a climate of violence against them. As it is attacks against muslims have already increased recently...

I think the point milly tried to make, however poorly, is that the threat of Islamic terrorism is not yet at a level where it warrants the amount of attention or reaction which it has gotten. It's not about discounting the islamic threat. In the end if muslims in the US are alienated and treated with hostility it will only foster an environment where ISIS can gather more supporters.

Now, it is true that white supremacists don't generally rant about Christianity when they do their thing but isn't a twisted and racist view of Christianity behind them? The connection is not quite as direct but it is there.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Does it make a difference? Cruz is already speaking about policing muslim neighborhoods... Even if muslim neighborhoods are not a thing at the US, you still have a potential president of the US saying muslims need to be kept under constant vigilance. Add to that what trump has said... Frankly speaking muslims at the US have every right to be and IMO should be completely terrified if the country's presidential candidates are fostering a climate of violence against them. As it is attacks against muslims have already increased recently...
I'm not disagreeing there, just saying that they were for increased police presence. Not segregating them.

I think the point milly tried to make, however poorly, is that the threat of Islamic terrorism is not yet at a level where it warrants the amount of attention or reaction which it has gotten. It's not about discounting the islamic threat. In the end if muslims in the US are alienated and treated with hostility it will only foster an environment where ISIS can gather more supporters.
I will agree that it doesn't warrant the fear that these sort of politics try to instill in people, but to act like it doesn't warrant our attention is completely ignorant of recent history. While anything after 9/11 hasn't been on that scale, it still goes on and can't be discounted. Maybe the day to day "threat" has gone down due to increase security and the like, but that doesn't make the threat less real. ISIS is only the latest thing. They're attacking Europe now because it's easier for them to do so.

Now, it is true that white supremacists don't generally rant about Christianity when they do their thing but isn't a twisted and racist view of Christianity behind them? The connection is not quite as direct but it is there.
Maybe, but it isn't as orchestrated and backed up by a group in the same way Islamism is. "Any Christian" like that is way more on the fringe of society than Islamists tend to be in some places.

Listen, I'm not making value judgments on either faith's doctrine. Neither are "better" than the other IMO. But there is a literally interpretation of one that results in a lot of destruction. The other one, not as much lately.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I'm not disagreeing there, just saying that they were for increased police presence. Not segregating them.


I will agree that it doesn't warrant the fear that these sort of politics try to instill in people, but to act like it doesn't warrant our attention is completely ignorant of recent history. While anything after 9/11 hasn't been on that scale, it still goes on and can't be discounted. Maybe the day to day "threat" has gone down due to increase security and the like, but that doesn't make the threat less real. ISIS is only the latest thing. They're attacking Europe now because it's easier for them to do so.


Maybe, but it isn't as orchestrated and backed up by a group in the same way Islamism is. Any Christians like that is way more on the fringe than Islamists tend to be.

Listen, I'm not making value judgments on either faith's doctrine. Neither are "better" than the other IMO. But there is a literally interpretation of one that results in a lot of destruction. The other one, not as much lately.
To be complete honest I don't see the difference. And even if there is a difference and the measure is possible to implement, it wouldn't make a difference.

I am not sure anyone is saying the situation doesn't warrant attention. If milly implied that then I would disagree with it.

Well, there certainly are groups (at least as far as I know). White supremacists, neo nazis, I am almost sure sovereign citizens fall somewhere in there as well.... They simply aren't quite as organized as ISIS. But they are still quite dangerous.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
To be complete honest I don't see the difference. And even if there is a difference and the measure is possible to implement, it wouldn't make a difference.
We have a pretty terrible history with segregation, and while I'm sure some of the people supporting Cruz and Trump (especially) would be for such a thing as well, seriously suggesting that would be political suicide (or it should be :oh).

I am not sure anyone is saying the situation doesn't warrant attention. If milly implied that then I would disagree with it.
How was he not implying that? I mean, I agree that there are greater threats statistically, but when it comes to the US and it's allies, they sort of have a common enemy. That's part of the reason why it gets more play in the media, especially during an election cycle. Merely saying that people should pay more attention to rightwingers or whites doesn't solve anything at all and is ironically, kinda bigoted.

Well, there certainly are groups (at least as far as I know). White supremacists, neo nazis, I am almost sure sovereign citizens fall somewhere in there as well.... They simply aren't quite as organized as ISIS. But they are still quite dangerous.
Wasn't denying that at all. But these people are on the fringe and generally stay there. They have no cachet politically and are usually ignored. That's not really the case with terrorist groups in some places in the middle east, and many of them are even supported by governments or in the case of ISIS, are rulers themselves.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
We have a pretty terrible history with segregation, and while I'm sure some of the people supporting Cruz and Trump (especially) would be for such a thing as well, seriously suggesting that would be political suicide (or it should be :oh).


How was he not implying that? I mean, I agree that there are greater threats statistically, but when it comes to the US and it's allies, they sort of have a common enemy. That's part of the reason why it gets more play in the media, especially during an election cycle. Merely saying that people should pay more attention to rightwingers or whites doesn't solve anything at all and is ironically, kinda bigoted.


Wasn't denying that at all. But these people are on the fringe and generally stay there. They have no cachet politically and are usually ignored. That's not really the case with terrorist groups in some places in the middle east, and many of them are even supported by governments or in the case of ISIS, are rulers themselves.
Well, trump has not fallen for less.. and it does not seem like cruz is taking much fire from what he said. At least that I know of. If anything it makes them more popular. And IIRC trump was getting a fair bit of support from white supremacists to begin with and had the whole thing with not rejecting the KKK.


Well, at least going online suggests there are around 300000 sovereign citizens around the US along with 1000 white supremacist groups. While not organized under a single system this is quite unnerving and perhaps deserves more attention than it is getting. I remember reading that sovereign citizens and their crackpot legal theories cost the US millions if not billions of dollars in wasted legal fees and whatnot.. While right now I do think the belgium situation deserves attention, I do think the other side of terrorism at the US should get more attention in general.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Well, trump has not fallen for less.. and it does not seem like cruz is taking much fire from what he said. At least that I know of. If anything it makes them more popular. And IIRC trump was getting a fair bit of support from white supremacists to begin with and had the whole thing with not rejecting the KKK.
Cruz's plan doesn't really make sense and is pretty hypocritical and misguided, but not necessarily as toxic as suggesting forced segregation. That was my point really.

Well, at least going online suggests there are around 300000 sovereign citizens around the US along with 1000 white supremacist groups. While not organized under a single system this is quite unnerving and perhaps deserves more attention than it is getting. I remember reading that sovereign citizens and their crackpot legal theories cost the US millions if not billions of dollars in wasted legal fees and whatnot.. While right now I do think the belgium situation deserves attention, I do think the other side of terrorism at the US should get more attention in general.
Well, like I said, it isn't one or the other. Islamic terrorism is more topical because of the attacks in Brussels and politicians reacting to them.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Who are these christian radicals you're talking about really? Even if a case of domestic terrorism isn't influenced by Islam, how influenced is it by christianity and the bible? They usually aren't. The motivations are typically political before anything else. I don't see how Islamists twist the Qu'ran in any way. They're literalists. It's more that the majority of the Muslim population ignores the passages that condone violence and extremists don't. The same could be said about Christians and Jews and the Bible, but they don't have a portion of their community interpreting scripture literally and using it as an excuse to commit mass-murder as a means to an end.
"God hates gays/trans and would not like abortion! KILL/HURT THESE MURDERERS!" Or back when the whites seemingly interpreted the Bible as a way of saying white people ftw and colored people ftl, hence Native Americans and blacks being enslaved.

According to Muslims, a lot of extremists do twist the passages.

Not anymore as far we know.


I understand the fear of alienation, but that shouldn't overrule common sense. How would we go about doing that then? I don't see it having an easy, practical solution. But I do know that acting like terrorism and Islam have no link between one another is disingenuous and counter-productive. And this is something many progressives are all too eager to do.


My point was that I don't even understand how such a thing would be done. So it's a false narrative to say it'll make things worse when I don't think these politicians even understand what they're suggesting. Good police work can cover any of these things. It isn't like muslim communities are being ignored here.


I'm not a fan of Cruz or Trump, but they weren't suggesting "rounding" them up, last I checked.


Because Milly brought up right wingers, Christians, white people, and gun owners as something that people should go after more than islamic extremists. This isn't a matter of having to choose between one or the other as far as preventing these sorts of incidents goes. Discounting the threat of islamic extremism just because domestic terrorism exists as well is a bit nonsensical.
Meh, I think terrorism and Islam have a link, but acting as if terrorism is only exclusive to Islam is my issue. But what gives ISIS power is their ability to recruit a lot of pissed off, lonely people who want revenge. What we should do is reduce the rate of people joining ISIS somehow, and segregation doesn't help that at all, and nor does blaming the entire group and mistreating them. Lot of violent groups' power comes from ostracized people and pissed off people, as well as people who are demented. By dealing with ostracism and anger, we can reduce the power of ISIS, although demented ISIS members and leaders would still be as dangerous.


I'm not saying Islamic extremism isn't a threat or that we shouldn't focus on it, I'm just pointing out the irony in going after Muslims in the US when there's been very few attacks from them and far more attacks from other groups with more lives lost. Why should we worry about the vettin process when the vetters are clearly doing a great job, given we've had no more than handful of cases of violent or potentially violent refugees? Why focus solely on Muslims when most are peaceful when we have white people attacking mosques and gurudwara?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
God hates gays/trans and would not like abortion! KILL/HURT THESE MURDERERS!" Or back when the whites seemingly interpreted the Bible as a way of saying white people ftw and colored people ftl, hence Native Americans and blacks being enslaved.

According to Muslims, a lot of extremists do twist the passages.

Not anymore as far we know.
I'm talking about here and now dude, not in the entirety of history. It's not a pissing contest between which doctrine says the most screwed up thing, it'd probably be a draw. I'm talking about what's relevant in the world today.

Meh, I think terrorism and Islam have a link, but acting as if terrorism is only exclusive to Islam is my issue. But what gives ISIS power is their ability to recruit a lot of pissed off, lonely people who want revenge. What we should do is reduce the rate of people joining ISIS somehow, and segregation doesn't help that at all, and nor does blaming the entire group and mistreating them. Lot of violent groups' power comes from ostracized people and pissed off people, as well as people who are demented. By dealing with ostracism and anger, we can reduce the power of ISIS, although demented ISIS members and leaders would still be as dangerous.
Trump and Cruz never said anything about segregation. I'm not going to make any excuses for the lowest common denominator, but any enlightened person can see what is going on in the world today. It doesn't mean anyonee needs to be openly antagonistic and bigoted towards a group of people to get their point across. But you should still be able to identify the problem and insist that it exists and not be chastised for it. Part of me says that people who have a potential for violence are just looking for excuses to do it. But even then, we've only had around 200 people join ISIS from the US, compared to the thousands from different countries in Europe. We don't have the same issues with social integration that some places in Europe have either.

I'm not saying Islamic extremism isn't a threat or that we shouldn't focus on it, I'm just pointing out the irony in going after Muslims in the US when there's been very few attacks from them and far more attacks from other groups with more lives lost. Why should we worry about the vettin process when the vetters are clearly doing a great job, given we've had no more than handful of cases of violent or potentially violent refugees? Why focus solely on Muslims when most are peaceful when we have white people attacking mosques and gurudwara?
Because the severity and magnitude of such events are still smaller? Because those people aren't being supported and encouraged by a portion of the Christian/Jewish/Hindu/Buddhist/Secularist/etc communities in the US or the government itself while the same can't be said about radical Islamic terrorism and foreign populations/governments? One is also an issue of foreign policy while the other isn't, that's yet another reason why it's talked about so much. Seems we generally only care about domestic issues in the immediate aftermath.

And I don't think we should worry about such things as our vetting process and I would caution against people who say we do, but that doesn't mean the topic in general should be verboten or seen as politically incorrect simply because some asshole demagogues like to co-opt the discussion and use it to appeal to the worst of us. That serves no one well.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I'm talking about here and now dude, not in the entirety of history. It's not a pissing contest between which doctrine says the most screwed up thing, it'd probably be a draw. I'm talking about what's relevant in the world today.


Trump and Cruz never said anything about segregation. I'm not going to make any excuses for the lowest common denominator, but any enlightened person can see what is going on in the world today. It doesn't mean anyonee needs to be openly antagonistic and bigoted towards a group of people to get their point across. But you should still be able to identify the problem and insist that it exists and not be chastised for it. Part of me says that people who have a potential for violence are just looking for excuses to do it. But even then, we've only had around 200 people join ISIS from the US, compared to the thousands from different countries in Europe. We don't have the same issues with social integration that some places in Europe have either.


Because the severity and magnitude of such events are still smaller? Because those people aren't being supported and encouraged by a portion of the Christian/Jewish/Hindu/Buddhist/Secularist/etc communities in the US or the government itself while the same can't be said about radical Islamic terrorism and foreign populations/governments? One is also an issue of foreign policy while the other isn't, that's yet another reason why it's talked about so much. Seems we generally only care about domestic issues in the immediate aftermath.

And I don't think we should worry about such things as our vetting process and I would caution against people who say we do, but that doesn't mean the topic in general should be verboten or seen as politically incorrect simply because some asshole demagogues like to co-opt the discussion and use it to appeal to the worst of us. That serves no one well.
You think it won't come to segregation? Nothing on Jim Crow laws level, but the Muslim community will still be ostracized and possibly be forced somehow to live in an area or community full of Muslims. That likely won't happen, but I have little to no faith in people, we do ridiculous things out of fear and anger. Yes, Muslim terrorism exists, I would not deny that. I'm more touchy about how innocent Muslims are treated as result of people sayin "Muslim terrorists!" We even had at least one person here who claimed only Muslims could be terrorists, or that terrorism was exclusive only to those who practiced Islam. This is why I get defensive, it's not because I think all Muslims are innocent or good people when I disagree with most of their beliefs and way of life.

I think it's a combination of Muslim extremists wanting a reason to be violent, wanting the world to burn, wantin to feel powerful, and havin their own extremist beliefs. Either way, these people are fucked up to the max for all the shit they do. What I'd like to know is the leaders' motivations. I can't imagine they're doing it completely in the name of Mohammad and Islam given they're willing to kill other Muslims and destroy even ancient mosques. Europe is closer to MENA, I guess, and it's easier. I've read stories of how many EUropean girls ran away to join ISIS.

Depends, but I guess you're right in that the attacks aren't supported by the people of same religion, political affiliation, or whatnot as opposed to some Muslims agreeing with the terrorists' acts. But I'd love to know why MENA leaders aren't doing more to combat ISIS and other terrorist groups. They could do a lot to help us against the terrorist groups.

Interestingly, I've seen no one bat an eye at all the attacks and tragedies going on in Middle East or Africa. If anything happens in the West, people will be quick to change their profile photo to the filter of the flag of affected nation and talk about the tragedy while condemning the ISIS or Muslims, many times in a violent way. But no one seems to even mention anything that goes on in MENA or Africa, despite horrific acts takin place nearly every day. Whenever America offers condolences, it also brings up the danger to the nation and policing the Muslims who have done nothing.

It has nothin to do with politically incorrect and more to do with focusing on the wrong stuff. I don't mind some concern with the vetting process, but some politicians are lying outright about the whole process and people are believing in it and trying to prevent refugees from entering the country despite them coming for years and almost every refugee doing no harm. It's fear-mongering filled with lies and unfounded suspicions, and that's disgusting. there are better things to focus on, like finding ways to destroy ISIS and killing their ability to recruit pawns and human weapons.

I agree with Bernie when he said our enemy is a group of people, not a religion. I'm likely misquoting.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
You think it won't come to segregation? Nothing on Jim Crow laws level, but the Muslim community will still be ostracized and possibly be forced somehow to live in an area or community full of Muslims. That likely won't happen, but I have little to no faith in people, we do ridiculous things out of fear and anger. Yes, Muslim terrorism exists, I would not deny that. I'm more touchy about how innocent Muslims are treated as result of people sayin "Muslim terrorists!" We even had at least one person here who claimed only Muslims could be terrorists, or that terrorism was exclusive only to those who practiced Islam. This is why I get defensive, it's not because I think all Muslims are innocent or good people when I disagree with most of their beliefs and way of life.
There's a difference between rhetoric and actual practical applications of the law. It isn't abnormal for people of similar ethnicity or faith to segregate themselves naturally. I mean, that's how a muslim or jewish neighborhood exists in the first place. I think such surveillance makes no sense and the supposedly pro-police candidates are basically saying that they're not doing their jobs correctly.

I think it's a combination of Muslim extremists wanting a reason to be violent, wanting the world to burn, wantin to feel powerful, and havin their own extremist beliefs. Either way, these people are fucked up to the max for all the shit they do. What I'd like to know is the leaders' motivations. I can't imagine they're doing it completely in the name of Mohammad and Islam given they're willing to kill other Muslims and destroy even ancient mosques. Europe is closer to MENA, I guess, and it's easier. I've read stories of how many EUropean girls ran away to join ISIS.
Why should someone not believe what they say their aims are? Of course there seems to be a psychological commonality between all of these types, but it's obviously still inspired by scripture.

Depends, but I guess you're right in that the attacks aren't supported by the people of same religion, political affiliation, or whatnot as opposed to some Muslims agreeing with the terrorists' acts. But I'd love to know why MENA leaders aren't doing more to combat ISIS and other terrorist groups. They could do a lot to help us against the terrorist groups.
The Muslim world is gigantic, and has no main "figurehead" or governing body. That and it seems that most that are considered progressive, reformist, or even secularist are shunned or worse. They just had that story last month in Pakistan about Salmaan Taseer's murderer being executed and people came out in huge numbers to protest this. Basically saying that Taseer deserved to be killed for being against blasphemy laws in Pakistan, and that the killer was a martyr. Obviously, there's no sense of tolerance going on there. If no dissenting opinion is allowed to exist, nothing can really change.

Interestingly, I've seen no one bat an eye at all the attacks and tragedies going on in Middle East or Africa. If anything happens in the West, people will be quick to change their profile photo to the filter of the flag of affected nation and talk about the tragedy while condemning the ISIS or Muslims, many times in a violent way. But no one seems to even mention anything that goes on in MENA or Africa, despite horrific acts takin place nearly every day. Whenever America offers condolences, it also brings up the danger to the nation and policing the Muslims who have done nothing.
This is just how the world usually works. If it doesn't normally happen where you live, it happening is going to be bigger news.

It has nothin to do with politically incorrect and more to do with focusing on the wrong stuff. I don't mind some concern with the vetting process, but some politicians are lying outright about the whole process and people are believing in it and trying to prevent refugees from entering the country despite them coming for years and almost every refugee doing no harm. It's fear-mongering filled with lies and unfounded suspicions, and that's disgusting. there are better things to focus on, like finding ways to destroy ISIS and killing their ability to recruit pawns and human weapons.

I agree with Bernie when he said our enemy is a group of people, not a religion. I'm likely misquoting.
It does when it comes to the general topic, but progressives would rather bark out accusations of Islamophobia when any sort of criticism or concern is levied.

Of course politicians are going to use this issue as a political football, because they can use it to make Obama and his administration look bad to their supporters.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
There's a difference between rhetoric and actual practical applications of the law. It isn't abnormal for people of similar ethnicity or faith to segregate themselves naturally. I mean, that's how a muslim or jewish neighborhood exists in the first place. I think such surveillance makes no sense and the supposedly pro-police candidates are basically saying that they're not doing their jobs correctly.


Why should someone not believe what they say their aims are? Of course there seems to be a psychological commonality between all of these types, but it's obviously still inspired by scripture.


The Muslim world is gigantic, and has no main "figurehead" or governing body. That and it seems that most that are considered progressive, reformist, or even secularist are shunned or worse. They just had that story last month in Pakistan about Salmaan Taseer's murderer being executed and people came out in huge numbers to protest this. Basically saying that Taseer deserved to be killed for being against blasphemy laws in Pakistan, and that the killer was a martyr. Obviously, there's no sense of tolerance going on there. If no dissenting opinion is allowed to exist, nothing can really change.
I have no problem with natural segregation, it happens. I have a problem with forced segregation and surveillance, like what the US did with Japanese concentration camps or what the Nazis did with Jew and opponents.

It's possible for them to lie to recruit more Muslims and get them to do things in the name of Allah. if Muslims are the ostracized group, committing acts of terrorism in the name of Islam will just get them more ostracized, making it more likely for them to be recruited. I can believe the soldiers/pawns doing it for Islam/beliefs to a degree, but I can't see the leaders doing it just for that. I would not be shocked if they were just using Islam as scapegoat.

There are more stories like that as well, unfortunately.


This is just how the world usually works. If it doesn't normally happen where you live, it happening is going to be bigger news.


It does when it comes to the general topic, but progressives would rather bark out accusations of Islamophobia when any sort of criticism or concern is levied.

Of course politicians are going to use this issue as a political football, because they can use it to make Obama and his administration look bad to their supporters.
More like, people and media only care about the West and white. Rarely do I see any atrocities towards natural citizens in MENA, India, or Africa covered. Even when two gurudwaras in America were attacked, the media didn't cover it much, or at least I didn't see it on the papers other than an article. If a church was attacked or if the attackers were brown (or even black), it would make the front news.

Depends. It's Islamophobia when people want all Muslims to apologize for actions of few or say every "raghead" should be killed. I have a problem with that.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I get NRCC emails and they just sent this one, Hillary Clinton wow, or maybe Im more impressed that she has such successful supporters.

Together, Hillary Clinton and her pal George Clooney are raising tens of millions of dollars, while ordinary Americans are fighting just to survive the Obama administration’s devastating liberal policies.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I don't get why you're blaming Obama when it's Bush's fault. At least Obama seems to have lowered unemployment that was increased during Bush Administration.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't get why you're blaming Obama when it's Bush's fault. At least Obama seems to have lowered unemployment that was increased during Bush Administration.
Obama administration has caused huge job lossess, look at the loss of coal industry jobs. Republicans will ensure we wont lose those valuable jobs and more. Obama and people subscribing to his indoctrination simply just care about people being in jobs even if the jobs pay is low or the job is pointless.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Why are you so fixated on the coal industry? Even if it isn't doing well and it is obama's fault the rest of the economy is doing pretty well.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Why are you so fixated on the coal industry? Even if it isn't doing well and it is obama's fault the rest of the economy is doing pretty well.
A sign of a countrys power is in their power industry, our country prides itself on being an energy independent nation, a decreased coal industry which leads to layoffs across the train and railroad industry as well as numerous other jobs, also leads to a loss in our position of being energy independent. Energy is one of the top issues I vote on.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I have no problem with natural segregation, it happens. I have a problem with forced segregation and surveillance, like what the US did with Japanese concentration camps or what the Nazis did with Jew and opponents.
No one said anything about forced segregation...

The irony is when Cruz and Trump bring up the idea of increased surveillance, they're probably not even aware what our intelligence agencies are doing in that area. I wouldn't be surprised if known muslim neighborhoods are already under higher scrutiny, at least as far as sigint goes.

It's possible for them to lie to recruit more Muslims and get them to do things in the name of Allah. if Muslims are the ostracized group, committing acts of terrorism in the name of Islam will just get them more ostracized, making it more likely for them to be recruited. I can believe the soldiers/pawns doing it for Islam/beliefs to a degree, but I can't see the leaders doing it just for that. I would not be shocked if they were just using Islam as scapegoat.

There are more stories like that as well, unfortunately.
This would be a fine notion if this mentality came from a single group, but it's pretty pervasive. This kind of action is usually stimulated by religious and political motivations. It's in effect both really, but it's clear where the inspiration is coming from. Any Muslim can read the Qur'an and find the words these extremists are using. Islamists are literalists, using the Qur'an and the hadith as reasons for what they're doing. It isn't being pulled out of thin air. Just because the majority of Muslims aren't like this, doesn't mean the inspiration isn't from Islam or that these extremists are textually incorrect. There are tons of horrible things in the Old and New Testaments as well.

More like, people and media only care about the West and white. Rarely do I see any atrocities towards natural citizens in MENA, India, or Africa covered. Even when two gurudwaras in America were attacked, the media didn't cover it much, or at least I didn't see it on the papers other than an article. If a church was attacked or if the attackers were brown (or even black), it would make the front news.

Depends. It's Islamophobia when people want all Muslims to apologize for actions of few or say every "raghead" should be killed. I have a problem with that.
It's rather natural that people care more about what is within their scope. Not sure how there's anything wrong with that. People are going to care less about things that have less or no effect on them. Don't know why you insist on making this a racial issue. Do people in MENA or India pay attention to our latest school shooting any more than we might pay attention to the atrocities over there? Probably not.

I remember the gurudwara attacks being covered. You keep bringing it up in context of this issue when it's really unrelated.

Yeah but people who are like that aren't who I'm talking about or advocating for. Just saying that people are too politically correct due to people who would act that way. But that doesn't mean there isn't a legitimate problem that needs to be talked about in a sincere and mature way.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
A sign of a countrys power is in their power industry, our country prides itself on being an energy independent nation, a decreased coal industry which leads to layoffs across the train and railroad industry as well as numerous other jobs, also leads to a loss in our position of being energy independent. Energy is one of the top issues I vote on.
That cannot plausibly be true. At least you energy is one of your concerns then it kinda seems like you have a basic misunderstanding of it. None of what you ever write suggests you care or know about the issue at all. Heck, this directly relates to the global warming issues which according to you are not a thing. And reading a bit online, obama has literally nothing to do with the coal industry being down and there is literally nothing any president can do about it. The whole thing is about mostly china using less steel (which no US president could influence) and in small part because it is being replaced by cleaner and cheaper energy sources. If you want the US to be energy independent then you should be voting for presidents willing to invest in clean energy sources and new technologies. Ahh, but I forgot, your posts are mostly satire....
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That cannot plausibly be true. At least you energy is one of your concerns then it kinda seems like you have a basic misunderstanding of it. None of what you ever write suggests you care or know about the issue at all. Heck, this directly relates to the global warming issues which according to you are not a thing. And reading a bit online, obama has literally nothing to do with the coal industry being down and there is literally nothing any president can do about it. The whole thing is about mostly china using less steel (which no US president could influence) and in small part because it is being replaced by cleaner and cheaper energy sources. If you want the US to be energy independent then you should be voting for presidents willing to invest in clean energy sources and new technologies. Ahh, but I forgot, your posts are mostly satire....
I vote for coal and Natural gas as those are vital industries. So much untapped potential.
 
Top