American Politics

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
It is a theory tho. I don't think Sanders being her VP would truly hurt him, but help him. The only problem is if what I said comes true or not (let's also not forget if Hillary even wins the race).
His endorsement has already made him a sellout, but what other options does he have? The Green Party's purpose is to take away votes, and he already pointed out that his goal is to beat Trump. Whether we agree or not, he has a point: Hillary is the only candidate who can beat Trump.
Unless he does something as a VP, it'll hurt him. Many of his supporters, and even nonsupporters, think he's a sellout and aren't happy with him endorsing Clinton. Unfortunately, many people don't seem to realize Bernie would rather have Clinton than Trump in office, and rightfully so. Trump would be very detrimental to society, to say the least.
Err, I said that before?
oh, I didn't see it
Please be the pinnacle of brilliance, Sarah Palin!

Was gonna say nooooooo, but then I remember that Palin did kinda cost McCain the election, so sure.
 

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
So, 67% is somehow an acceptable number that should satisfy people putting any weight to them?

To clarify, I wasn't mentioning campaign promises as in Clinton breaking them herself. A lot of whether things get done or not depends on who controls congress.
Sanders is intelligent enough to know what promises Clinton can keep and which ones she cannot. Sanders isn't naive on matters like whether Congress can pass a $15 minimum wage. His intent will be on matters where Clinton does have authority, like executive appointments to key cabinet posts. Consider how Obama was forced to nominate Janet Yellen to the Fed Chair instead of Larry Summers like he wanted to. Matters like these are where Sanders can exert maximum influence on a Clinton Administration.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The current tragedy once again confirms that what I say is not as ridiculous as certain posters like to believe but that what I say is supported by facts. Massacres have been caused by vehicles.

Additionally hopefully the next president doesnt admit as many refugees as is currently being planned.

 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Sanders is intelligent enough to know what promises Clinton can keep and which ones she cannot. Sanders isn't naive on matters like whether Congress can pass a $15 minimum wage. His intent will be on matters where Clinton does have authority, like executive appointments to key cabinet posts. Consider how Obama was forced to nominate Janet Yellen to the Fed Chair instead of Larry Summers like he wanted to. Matters like these are where Sanders can exert maximum influence on a Clinton Administration.
So how is removing tuition from public universities a realistic possibility on a par with increasing minimum wage? I don't really see how Clinton can remain this left of center going into the general election. That's why Clinton moving to the left in attempt to appease Sander's supporters can't be anything more than temporary to me.

Erm, I don't really see how Sanders has any pull with Clinton after endorsing her now. What's he going to do, rescind his endorsement?
 

Onyx Darkmatter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
512
Reaction score
115
Age
31
Country
United States
Unless he does something as a VP, it'll hurt him. Many of his supporters, and even nonsupporters, think he's a sellout and aren't happy with him endorsing Clinton. Unfortunately, many people don't seem to realize Bernie would rather have Clinton than Trump in office, and rightfully so. Trump would be very detrimental to society, to say the least.
Which is something that pisses me off, more or less. If he endorses a third-party candidate, then it'll mean a free ticket to the White House for Trump, something that he stated that he plans on preventing Trump from reaching the White House. It's essentially a "You're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't" situation.

I love Sanders, and I would prefer him over any other candidates. However, the reality is that he lost and the supporters don't want to admit it. Sanders is thinking logically, rather than what everybody must feel, and that is to make sure Trump gets defeated by Hillary (the only candidate who can defeat him).
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
However, the reality is that he lost and the supporters don't want to admit it.
I don't see how this is a matter of people rejecting reality. The people who are pissed off are just saying they're not voting for Hillary, that's all.
 

Onyx Darkmatter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
512
Reaction score
115
Age
31
Country
United States
I don't see how this is a matter of people rejecting reality. The people who are pissed off are just saying they're not voting for Hillary, that's all.
Fair enough.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, it seems trump picked mike pense as VP. I don't know much about him other than him being unlikely to being reelected to his current position.

I wonder about hillary. I used to think a sanders or warren pick was unlikely because they could be trouble in some aspects but in turn she did definitely took a hit from the FBI statements. I am not 100% sure sanders would make a good VP for clinton or that warren would make or good president but in turn given the current shift she might be more willing to make bolder statement to bring some more life to her campaign. I guess it ultimately depends on who she would want to appeal to. Of course, she should pick someone whom she thinks would make a good president rather than someone who serves as a marketing stunt....
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wonder about hillary. I used to think a sanders or warren pick was unlikely because they could be trouble in some aspects but in turn she did definitely took a hit from the FBI statements. I am not 100% sure sanders would make a good VP for clinton or that warren would make or good president but in turn given the current shift she might be more willing to make bolder statement to bring some more life to her campaign. I guess it ultimately depends on who she would want to appeal to. Of course, she should pick someone whom she thinks would make a good president rather than someone who serves as a marketing stunt....
Sanders for VP? If Clinton got a 2nd term wouldnt he be pretty up there in years?
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Sanders for VP? If Clinton got a 2nd term wouldnt he be pretty up there in years?
Seeing how sanders is he will probably die while holding some office.... He seems like the sort to not be stopped by something like age. IMHO at least.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
He's a piece of shit

I mean, Trump really knocked this one out of the park obviously....:lmao
Dude, I read "cigarette truther" and I literally burst into laughter.. How does someone stomach defending something so blatantly stupid and obviously wrong? "wrong" does not even do it justice. What is trump even thinking here? Screw it, I am in the camp that trump was planted by hillary to make her win.... Hillary just came out of the FBI thing and now trump elects a cigarette truther for VP.... That or he really thinks there is no such thing as bad publicity. Which to be fair the campaigns so far would prove is right.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Dude, I read "cigarette truther" and I literally burst into laughter.. How does someone stomach defending something so blatantly stupid and obviously wrong?
Because it's way too common when it comes to politics. The only thing that matters is money. It's really not all that different from Cruz comparing Net Neutrality to Obamacare and then it coming out that Comcast has donated to him recently.

And it makes you wonder what other issues have way too much propaganda behind them. Speaking of Pence, he also has a history with the "Clean Coal" bullshit.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I still can't get over Trump's pick here. The guy who is supposed to be the definition of "not bought" picks someone who is 200% bought and paid for by special interest groups. Like, even if you want to downplay the importance of the VP pick, how would this ever seem like a smart pick? Even funnier are the rumors that Trump's campaign had second thoughts about him. :lmao

I mean honestly, it often feels like Clinton and Trump don't want you to vote for either of them...
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I still can't get over Trump's pick here. The guy who is supposed to be the definition of "not bought" picks someone who is 200% bought and paid for by special interest groups. Like, even if you want to downplay the importance of the VP pick, how would this ever seem like a smart pick? Even funnier are the rumors that Trump's campaign had second thoughts about him. :lmao

I mean honestly, it often feels like Clinton and Trump don't want you to vote for either of them...
? Pence is fine. He's an inteligent man, a good speaker, and is a nice contrast to Trump. His first interviews were good and promising. And he ain't Newt.
If they had second thoughts it's either because all options had their own advantages, or because Pence was already leaked as his choice beforehand, which could prompt him to change his choice. Something like McCain did.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
I wonder who would Clinton pick as VP. Elizabeth Warren would probably seal the deal for her. But I doubt she'd chose a female VP.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
? Pence is fine.
Yeah sure he is :lmao

We're just going to ignore everything that's wrong with him as a civil servant? I mean, how are you fanboys spinning this one exactly?
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Yeah sure he is :lmao

We're just going to ignore everything that's wrong with him as a civil servant? I mean, how are you fanboys spinning this one exactly?
I don't think they need to spin it. They obviously believe the stuff that this guy is saying... However asinine that sounds.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't think they need to spin it. They obviously believe the stuff that this guy is saying... However asinine that sounds.
Aside from some common ground, the problem is that what Mike Pence represents runs almost completely at odds with what the Trump campaign is supposedly about. I don't see how anyone on the fence could view this pick favorably.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Which is something that pisses me off, more or less. If he endorses a third-party candidate, then it'll mean a free ticket to the White House for Trump, something that he stated that he plans on preventing Trump from reaching the White House. It's essentially a "You're damned if you do, you're damned if you don't" situation.

I love Sanders, and I would prefer him over any other candidates. However, the reality is that he lost and the supporters don't want to admit it. Sanders is thinking logically, rather than what everybody must feel, and that is to make sure Trump gets defeated by Hillary (the only candidate who can defeat him).
A lot of supporters can admit it, which is why they won't vote as they think either choice is horrible. But yes, Bernie, is thinking logically and knows Trump in office would be disastrous, which is why he is endorsing Hillary.

He's a piece of shit

I mean, Trump really knocked this one out of the park obviously....:lmao
Well, Trump is an idiot, and we know the republican party is a joke right now. I wonder if Pence somehow offered some sort of benefits for Trump choosing him. Wouldn't be shocked as Trump is crooked as well.
Funny thing about conservatives is that they're saying Pence must be a good choice because the liberals are so against him and hate him. At least, I saw one conservative say that. So dopey.
 
Top