American Politics | Page 305 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
If you wanted a textbook answer to Clinton's impeachment as far as the legal text goes, then yes, the Senate was correct in acquitting him. But that's only as far as anything outside Lewinsky/lying under oath goes. As for the lying under oath bit, I'm a bit on the fence about that, because it would really depend on the context. There's lying that you had an affair while in office, and there's lying about conspiring with a foreign (or worse, enemy) nation to take control of the presidency. Lying about your affair is a BIG CRINGE, at best. But lying about violating the constitution front and back is straight up indefensible, imo. So there you have it.

On a final note, Lewinsky didn't even want to be dragged into that mess, if I recall. But the GOP just went ahead and made her a political football.
The thing is, context doesn't really matter when we're talking about whether someone violated the law or not. Though of course, impeachment isn't truly a question of law, but politics. I don't think Clinton's actions were on the same level as what Trump has been accused of, but it's still a pretty big stain on his reputation and the office. I'm not really someone who says he didn't deserve to be impeached for it, regardless of how the GOP handled the situation, and I'm a Democrat.

Yes. And the people living in Middle East are the basis for that, as many of them say or have shared how so many soldiers have killed and raped innocent people. They basically consider the troops terrorists, which makes sense. Even some vets have said they've done horrible things that they regret or witnessed horrible things.
This seems pretty damn hyperbolic to me. Of course many would view them as occupiers and not have positive opinions of them but acting like rape/murder is something most of them are going around doing without any sort of facts/statistics is a bit asinine.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

TheOnion remains on-point
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ah, the DNC showing again they've learned nothing at all. Neat.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
FFS, just how stupid and incompetent can the democratic party be? Rather than learn anything at all from 2016 they have doubled down on the idiocy...

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Buttigieg looks really bad after his antics last night. Acting like he won with 0% results in. Then come to find out, the app used to report caucus results was made worked on by the wife of one of his advisors and was funded by his campaign. Sanders takes the lead and it mysteriously stops working? Then he trots himself out on stage acting like he won. Even if all of that is 100% coincidental, he looked like a buffoon.

:lmao

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So.... buttigieg who the iowa caucus.... with a narrow margin.. WTH is going on? Add to that, the sheer extent to which polls were off... trump's 2020 draws near....

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I don't know, but at this point it's hard for me to see Buttigieg as anything but a corporatist worm.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
This seems pretty damn hyperbolic to me. Of course many would view them as occupiers and not have positive opinions of them but acting like rape/murder is something most of them are going around doing without any sort of facts/statistics is a bit asinine.
To you. I'm more inclined to believe the people who actually experience this, though. Plus, some of the soldiers have been in the news for murdering and raping, and Trump apparently pardoned a murderer.

Trump was acquitted, which is not surprising at all. Love how his supporters are crying about Pelosi ripping up his speech and think that means he's innocent.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
To you. I'm more inclined to believe the people who actually experience this, though. Plus, some of the soldiers have been in the news for murdering and raping, and Trump apparently pardoned a murderer.
Yeah, SOME. I know several people who served in Afghanistan and Iraq. Painting them all in this way is completely out of touch with reality and offensive. Regardless of what you think about the operations there.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I only said some because I knew you'd be offended, but it seems many are like that. Don't get why you're so offended by actual citizens seeing our troops as terrorists when there are enough of them who rape and kill for no reason. Hell, for all we know, a good majority are like that, but it's just hidden better.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I only said some because I knew you'd be offended, but it seems many are like that. Don't get why you're so offended by actual citizens seeing our troops as terrorists when there are enough of them who rape and kill for no reason. Hell, for all we know, a good majority are like that, but it's just hidden better.
Because, your point in saying something like that is being inflammatory and not much else. You just admitted it yourself that it's bait.

SonOfDaws

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Nobody here has anything to say about Philip Haney it seems

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Nobody here has anything to say about Philip Haney it seems
I guess we're supposed to speculate wildly and say he's the new Vince Foster? Not sure what you're getting at.

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
I guess we're supposed to speculate wildly and say he's the new Vince Foster? Not sure what you're getting at.
Unfortunately, there's been quite a few "suicides" and "mistakes."

Hell, we're not even a year away from Epstein's "suicide" and that whole thing looked like subpar run through a level in a Hitman game.

There's Seth Rich

Antonin Scalia

There's only so many bodies that can pile up around a person before it starts looks suspicious.

Even if you would like to completely disregard and all those and the other questionable single death incidents surrounding the same people (life's around us is around complicated enough without political messiness), there's still:

- The DNC's rigging of the 2016 primaries resulting the former DNC head's resignation, among other things.

- paying hundreds of millions to Iran

- Paying for policy via the Clinton Foundation

- Keeping and wiping private communication servers

- and a classic example, Benghazi

Bare in mind, a lot of this is just at the top of my head and within the last few years

I understand this stuff is hard to look into and sometimes harder to believe is something that can even occur in our society, especially when it involves people you side with as I once did with Obama and Clinton. However, there comes a point when there's too many of the same alarms going off for a person to ignore.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Bare in mind, a lot of this is just at the top of my head and within the last few years
Yeah and they also all happen to be examples labeled as a "liberal conspiracy" which is why it's harder to take seriously. The more compelling conspiracies tend to be ones that sort of transcend political biases.

I've yet to see much compelling evidence regarding Seth Rich. He worked for the DNC and was murdered, that's literally the entire premise for that conspiracy. That and political hacks like Roger Stone and people at Fox News exploiting his death for political purposes. I haven't seen anything to suggest he intended to be some sort of whistleblower, the guy worked on Voters Rights issues for them IIRC. In fact there was more than enough evidence to suggest that the entire conspiracy was pushed by Russian agents to deflect blame for the DNC hack. The dude's own family is suing Fox News for the entire ordeal. I find it hard to believe that a family would dismiss convincing evidence suggesting foul play and waste time and money suing a news outlet if there was something there.

Not really sure what the suggestion is with Scalia. The guy was 80 years old and had health problems. Are they saying that democrats secretly murdered Scalia without being aware that McConnell could block any Obama nomination that wasn't another conservative? Hence the Merrick Garland fiasco. It just doesn't make any sense.

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Didn't realize it had been so long since I posted on here.
Yeah and they also all happen to be examples labeled as a "liberal conspiracy" which is why it's harder to take seriously. The more compelling conspiracies tend to be ones that sort of transcend political biases.

I've yet to see much compelling evidence regarding Seth Rich. He worked for the DNC and was murdered, that's literally the entire premise for that conspiracy. That and political hacks like Roger Stone and people at Fox News exploiting his death for political purposes. I haven't seen anything to suggest he intended to be some sort of whistleblower, the guy worked on Voters Rights issues for them IIRC. In fact there was more than enough evidence to suggest that the entire conspiracy was pushed by Russian agents to deflect blame for the DNC hack. The dude's own family is suing Fox News for the entire ordeal. I find it hard to believe that a family would dismiss convincing evidence suggesting foul play and waste time and money suing a news outlet if there was something there.

Not really sure what the suggestion is with Scalia. The guy was 80 years old and had health problems. Are they saying that democrats secretly murdered Scalia without being aware that McConnell could block any Obama nomination that wasn't another conservative? Hence the Merrick Garland fiasco. It just doesn't make any sense.
To some degree, I get the apprehension regarding things labeled like that and political conspiracies in general, but that really just boils down to ad hominem. A person can apply any label they want to anything they choose and it doesn't make the content any more or less valid. Likewise, something involving political figures doesn't inherently make the situation simpler and the figures in it more trustworthy: I'd say the opposite is typically more true. Acknowledging possible ideological prejudices is a wise thing to do since such tribalism is inevitable, but completely disregarding anothers thoughts because of it seems unwise.

To demonstrate a point, let's throw out those two stories you criticized for a moment: That still leaves 5 out of 7 of those questionable incidents surrounding those same people, the Clintons and those around them.

Didn't realize it had been so long since I posted on here.

To some degree, I get the apprehension regarding things labeled like that and political conspiracies in general, but that really just boils down to ad hominem. A person can apply any label they want to anything they choose and it doesn't make the content any more or less valid. Likewise, something involving political figures doesn't inherently make the situation simpler and the figures in it more trustworthy: I'd say the opposite is typically more true. Acknowledging possible ideological prejudices is a wise thing to do since such tribalism is inevitable, but completely disregarding anothers thoughts because of it seems unwise.

To demonstrate a point, let's throw out those two stories you criticized for a moment: That still leaves 5 out of 7 of those questionable incidents surrounding those same people, the Clintons and those around them.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The issue for me with conspiracies in general is that those that tend to believe in them give the supposed participants far too much credit. They habitually and grossly underestimate the level of incompetence and negligence that most people are capable of. It's perfectly possible to dislike and be critical of the Clintons even as a Democrat, without constructing some vast conspiracy to discredit them. Dollar diplomacy isn't some kind of revelation either.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Because, your point in saying something like that is being inflammatory and not much else. You just admitted it yourself that it's bait.
No I didn't. I meant I put in "some" so you wouldn't get butthurt and accuse me of generalizing even though I think a lot of them are guilty. I'm not sure how it's inflammatory when there's actual stories and proof out there, in which one includes Trump pardoning a killer.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
No I didn't. I meant I put in "some" so you wouldn't get butthurt and accuse me of generalizing even though I think a lot of them are guilty. I'm not sure how it's inflammatory when there's actual stories and proof out there, in which one includes Trump pardoning a killer.
Sigh... because you're making blanket statements and treating it like it's the norm when no evidence suggests this is the case. Thanks for worrying about my butt's feelings though.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Give me opinions on this plz.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Give me opinions on this plz
The video could do with some more random obnoxious blaring noises - I don't think there were quite enough

It really wouldn't be the first time that the USA would've elected a guy who speaks like they've recently woken up from a coma - if Biden does win the democratic race, any debates between him and Trump will be pure gold (assuming that the whole race doesn't take place over Twitter)