American Politics | Page 424 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
It wouldn't make a difference. I've always supported mask mandates and opposed vaccines. Nothing Trump did or said would sway me on either of those issues.

There are so many people who have had bad experiences with US healthcare and big pharma. Many with experience being treated by american healthcare, no longer trust the medical establishment, enough to take the vaccine.

I'll give you an example, go on youtube. Keyword search: antidepressants ruined me.

People say: antivaxx is responsible. But the history and trend of people not trusting healthcare & big pharma goes way beyond antivaxx.
Why would you be opposed to vaccines? You have advocated in the past to keep the country open, and you dont see how that can be done without a vaccine?

People not trusting big pharma does make sense, when you have to pay from your pocket. But vaccines are free, so that argument isn't gonna go anywhere... Say what you want about the US healthcare, in an emergency pandemic situation, they had enough vaccine centers and mobilized people to get them.

Also, not taking the vaccine has hurt a lot of countries, like India. Speaking from personal experience, i know people who got covid after the vaccine as well as those who didnt get one... These are family friends who i know well and the doubters were either isolated at home or suffered extreme near fatal illness. I even know people who died because of it.. but those who got covid after the vaccine had extremely mild symptoms, like cough or a fever for a day but never required hospitalization...
If you dont believe in vaccine, just believe that the affects of getting covid are always gonna be way worse. and the chances of a side effect of the vaccine are way lower in probability than you getting covid.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
When I think of all the people who reported libido issues from SSRIs and antidepressants.

And see people on social media complain about their libido being negatively affected by COVID vaccines.

There's no need to be afraid of horror movies anymore. Real life is a much more terrifying place.
I don't think I've seen people complain about their libidos but I probably don't remember correctly. However, there's always going to be side effects with medicine and vaccines, and people should know that by now.

What does this have to do with anything lol? Bloomberg hates Trump too and he's a colossal piece of shit.

Also: nobody had an opinion about Lincoln's quotes about black people that I posted a page or two back?

...I even bolded it for y'all...

Big sad.
I think I already said it, but I shall reiterate that I'm disappointed in either him or the education system for whitewashing him as they made him out to be anti-racist.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Why would you be opposed to vaccines? You have advocated in the past to keep the country open, and you dont see how that can be done without a vaccine?

People not trusting big pharma does make sense, when you have to pay from your pocket. But vaccines are free, so that argument isn't gonna go anywhere... Say what you want about the US healthcare, in an emergency pandemic situation, they had enough vaccine centers and mobilized people to get them.

Also, not taking the vaccine has hurt a lot of countries, like India. Speaking from personal experience, i know people who got covid after the vaccine as well as those who didnt get one... These are family friends who i know well and the doubters were either isolated at home or suffered extreme near fatal illness. I even know people who died because of it.. but those who got covid after the vaccine had extremely mild symptoms, like cough or a fever for a day but never required hospitalization...
If you dont believe in vaccine, just believe that the affects of getting covid are always gonna be way worse. and the chances of a side effect of the vaccine are way lower in probability than you getting covid.
I know two vaccinated people who today openly said they got covid, but the symptoms were mild because of the vaccines. They thanked it and likely realized that even vaccinated people should continue wearing masks, and I'm proud of them for that.

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
hokageji said:
White Jesus would want him to take the vaccine... he doesn't want to make White Jesus cry does he?

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Joe Rogan is an atheist who doesn't like Trump.

Here's what he has to say.
Has to say about what? What do you think this video shows?

Rogan is a comedian whose only expertise is being a habitual fence-sitter.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ufff, a convo between rogan and jimmy dore... Instant nope lol. I kinda get why people would watch jimmy dore. He is an idiot, a lunatic and panders to whatever far left wing clickbaity point... Rogan is more of a mystery to me. He seems honest about his opinions at least but he doesn't seem to have all that much to say anyways.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Ufff, a convo between rogan and jimmy dore... Instant nope lol. I kinda get why people would watch jimmy dore. He is an idiot, a lunatic and panders to whatever far left wing clickbaity point... Rogan is more of a mystery to me. He seems honest about his opinions at least but he doesn't seem to have all that much to say anyways.
He's a mirror, he pretty much agrees with anyone that comes on his show to some degree, unless they're anti-weed :lmao

I actually enjoy his podcast when he has people in the scientific field on to talk about heady stuff, but guests in any other category are crapshoots as far as listenability goes. His attitude towards COVID is colored by the fact that he's a comic and hates that clubs are closed, and of course he doesn't need masks or vaccines because he's absurdly wealthy and he's mainlining monkey hormones or whatever the fuck he advertises.

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Why do people ask questions, they don't want answered.

Lockdowns and vaccines are necessary evils for pandemics like the black plague with mortality rates 60% to 70% or higher.

COVID with its lower than 1% mortality rate doesn't deserve vaccines or lockdowns.

600,000 "COVID related" deaths aren't a crisis.

They're normal mortality statistics for heart disease.

White Jesus would want him to take the vaccine... he doesn't want to make White Jesus cry does he?

Jesus might say: render unto caesar, that which is caesars.

This isn't my guy. This is your boy, with your stuff. For you to take.

It was not made nor meant for me.

Has to say about what? What do you think this video shows?

Rogan is a comedian whose only expertise is being a habitual fence-sitter.

Acknowledging we live in an environment where people are afraid to speak the truth and admit they could have symptoms from the vaccine is a relevant point for me.

Coming forward and admitting he has symptoms consistent with blood clots and inflammation is a relevant point for me. Especially if cancel culture tries to bully him into silence for speaking perspectives which do not coincide with official narratives.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Heart disease isn't caused by a highly infectious respiratory disease

Florida never locked down their businesses or economy. China, russia and other nations never locked down. They proved lockdowns and business closures are unnecessary.

Mask mandates are enough to keep the pandemic in check.

Texas and florida are making a big mistake by removing mask mandates IMO.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Acknowledging we live in an environment where people are afraid to speak the truth and admit they could have symptoms from the vaccine is a relevant point for me.

Coming forward and admitting he has symptoms consistent with blood clots and inflammation is a relevant point for me. Especially if cancel culture tries to bully him into silence for speaking perspectives which do not coincide with official narratives.
You don't think there's any studies going on regarding the potential long-term effects? They talk about it in the clip itself.

He himself admits he has a chronic health issue, which is part of the reason why he felt it necessary to get the vaccine. Talking about your experience and participating in fact-finding missions is not the same as allowing your experience to aid conspiracy theorists. That's not good science or medicine.

And Dore's experience is not the same as Rogan using his platform to flat out say young people shouldn't bother considering getting it. That's definitely not the same thing, and him thinking that way is obtuse as fuck.

Florida never locked down their businesses or economy. China, russia and other nations never locked down. They proved lockdowns and business closures are unnecessary.

Texas and florida are making a big mistake by removing mask mandates IMO.
I don't understand how you can label it as unnecessary if it saves lives. There's no doubt some places in the US were too draconian but the opposite of that doesn't help anything either.

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
You don't think there's any studies going on regarding the potential long-term effects? They talk about it in the clip itself.

He himself admits he has a chronic health issue, which is part of the reason why he felt it necessary to get the vaccine. Talking about your experience and participating in fact-finding missions is not the same as allowing your experience to aid conspiracy theorists. That's not good science or medicine.

And Dore's experience is not the same as Rogan using his platform to flat out say young people shouldn't bother considering getting it. That's definitely not the same thing, and him thinking that way is obtuse as fuck.

Long term studies never informed anyone as to the dangers of SSRIs and anti depressants or vaccines like gardisil. Long term studies have a history of omitting and hiding all of the illicit content. Why would that change now.

Effects of the vaccine are more pronounced in demographics with higher blood pressure who are more likely to notice inflammation and blot clot related issues caused by the vaccine. Its not a scenario where "some random people" notice symptoms. Everyone has those same symptoms, they're only more noticeable in those with poorer more deteriorated health.

I don't understand how you can label it as unnecessary if it saves lives. There's no doubt some places in the US were too draconian but the opposite of that doesn't help anything either.
30% to 40% of COVID fatalities in the USA.

Were from Cuomo and new york putting COVID positive patients in nursing homes.

You think they care about saving lives? Since when?

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sanity_Check said:
Jesus might say: render unto caesar, that which is caesars.
See? Even Blue-Eyed Red-Blooded American Gun-toting White Jesus wants Republicans to pay their fair share in taxes.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Lockdowns and vaccines are necessary evils for pandemics like the black plague with mortality rates 60% to 70% or higher.

COVID with its lower than 1% mortality rate doesn't deserve vaccines or lockdowns.

Ok, this is just plain wrong and you vastly misunderstand how severe this disease is. The mortality rate is IIRC at about 0.4%-0.5% but that number is still absurdly high for a disease this infectious. It's so infectious that covid manages to thrive through any crack it can find and meanwhile other respiratory diseases are at historic lows.

Add to that, deaths are not the only consideration here. People getting violently ill from a still misunderstood virus is still by itself problematic. Sure, you have the 600000 people who have died from covid. But... those are just a small-ish percentage of the people who got violently ill. Who are also a fraction of the whole of people who got symptomatic covid. Who are still just a portion of the people who got the virus. This isn't just about deaths, it's also about the sheer number of people getting ill. And the disease's after effects that are a real bitch. Add to that, ICU's packed to the brim with covid patients also presents other problems. Increased mortality in covid patients, an additional risk to hospital workers (even if cases of healthcare workers getting covid are low)... Just the fact that a hospital filled to the brim with covid patients won't be able to handle other emergencies is problematic enough.

The US has had 37 million reported cases of covid... more than 1% of its population. Let alone that this is just what the US has recorded, the actual number of infections and deaths is probably higher (reports from earlier in the year placed excess deaths from covid at an additional 200k people...).

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Are you really comparing a contagious disease to a noncontagious disease? It's pretty fucking inhumane and anti-life of you to brush off covid's danger just because "1% of the population died" or something.

This isn't my guy. This is your boy, with your stuff. For you to take.
Pretty sure he hates Bill Gates.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States

They're normal mortality statistics for heart disease
You just gave me statistics that dont answer the question... but anyways, where are the stats of deaths due to lockdown? you are comparing 2013 to 2020, and most of the country did a lot to protect the spread.

And if you want a comparison, look into vaccinated vs unvaccinated stats of similar contagious diseases.

Well, this is fair, mask does a good job of curbing the spread. But you dont wanna wear the mask forever do you? Solution: vaccination..

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
M3J said:
Pretty sure he hates Bill Gates
You'd be right! I mean, a lot of left leaning people hate him nowadays so it's fair to make that assumption of me giving my political leaning.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Pretty sure everyone hates bill gates nowadays. The right because he is trying to put 5G brain control chips on people via vaccines and the left because of his obscene wealth, predatory business tactics and tax evasion.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
You'd be right! I mean, a lot of left leaning people hate him nowadays so it's fair to make that assumption of me giving my political leaning.
That's how I knew you didn't like him.

Pretty sure everyone hates bill gates nowadays. The right because he is trying to put 5G brain control chips on people via vaccines and the left because of his obscene wealth, predatory business tactics and tax evasion.
I think the right thinks the left loves Bill Gates when the left hates him for a different reason.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
know two vaccinated people who today openly said they got covid, but the symptoms were mild because of the vaccines. They thanked it and likely realized that even vaccinated people should continue wearing masks, and I'm proud of them for that.
That is amazing that they have mild symptoms... Vaccines work, but their potency may reduce over a period of time.. So these vaccines will have to be taken on a yearly basis like the flu shot most likely...

White Jesus? What do you mean?

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
White Jesus? What do you mean?
I'm sure you've heard or seen the memes reminding American Christian evangelicals that Jesus Christ was (assuming he existed) a "bronze-skinned man with hair like wool"... but that's not how they depict him in images. They show reverence to a picture of an Obi-Wan Kenobi looking motherfucker with blonde hair and blue eyes instead. Secularists and Atheists like myself refer to this white Jesus as... um... White Jesus.